How Do You Feel About Wrestling Fans?

Poɘt

Occasional Pre-Show
I'm sure many have seen this thread before by others, but I do have a specific goal in mind with this, which is to find out if there's anyone like me, and how do wrestling fans feel about their fellow fans. I ask because it seems like wrestling fans clash more than fans of any other form of entertainment.

As a fan of many aspects of the entertainment world I've found that since about the last 8 years or so, I've enjoyed pro wrestling most when I'm not watching or discussing it with other fans. The rise of the internet ushered in cyber communities where fans all over the world could interact with one another. On the surface this sounds like a great thing, because who doesn't want more people to share their interest with?

When it comes to pro wrestling, opinions and beliefs are all over the place, and some of the most outrageous opinions dominate entire communities! There are forums where if you admit to liking the wrong wrestler or promotion, the majority will discount anything you say as stupidity (I'm sure many of you have experienced this first hand). Everything from dirt sheets to former wrestlers blogging have all fueled this war on perspective about what promotion has 2 years left (heard that for last 6 years), what wrestler is going far (then got released), or how a promotion can become entertaining again (it's ok if you don't like it, but a sold out arena says you're in the minority).

This isn't to say I go brain dead when I watch wrestling, but I can't say I don't consider that what I'm not crazy about is actually entertaining to many others. I'm open to opinions, but when it comes to pro wrestling, a lot of fans don't have an opinion, they believe they say is some type of gospel, and that if you don't share that feeling you aren't a real wrestling fan. It gets to the point where I can only enjoy pro wrestling if I don't discuss it with anyone, which sucks. Because as I said, who doesn't want to share their interest with others?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back