How can RAW suck so much when...

Discussion in 'Wrestling Spam Zone Archives' started by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D., Jun 13, 2017.

1. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. Kamehamehaaaaa!!

they have The Hardys, Brock Lesnar, Shield and the original Bullet Club on their roster? Didn't I just list the 4 hottest things of the wrestling world of the past 3 years?

2. OYDK

OYDK King Of The Ring

Because the writing and booking sucks. No matter how talented a roster is, if the booking is garbage, the show's going to be garbage.

3. Hyorinmaru

Hyorinmaru Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
    E-Fed Mod

When they only care about making Roman the next big thing everyone else is pretty nonexistent to Raw's crack booking team.

I mean God forbid they do their job and find compelling storylines for all their big(ish) stars.

ShinChan likes this.
  4. George Steele's Barber

George Steele's Barber Advertise Here $9.95/month

Was Raw that bad? I thought the beginning and end were both very good. I liked the progression of whatever is going on with Enzo and Cass and maybe Show. The women put on a decent match. No Roman to suck the life out of the show. That Bayley interview was eerily interesting. First time in months that she has been interesting. That hug at the end wasn't cute, it was weird. Miz did nice work, Ambrose too. The Titus thing isn't too bad.

On the flip side i can't say much for the Cruiserweights and Bray Wyatt is dull. But otherwise it was a pretty good show.

ShinChan and Wildcat66 like this.
  5. ヒュー G. レックション

Exactly! Yes I am a New Japan mark. But I will concede that WWE has a superior roster. Yet New Japan is still far more entertaining. Their matches always deliver, it's booked well and everybody is more or less where they should be on the card. I can't think of any "misused" or "over pushed" wrestlers on their current roster.

It's exactly why I don't want to see the likes of Omega in WWE. He'll just be another victim. Even if he was booked well, there's still so much other crap on their shows.

ShinChan likes this.
  6. ShinChan

ShinChan Gone. For. Good.

I wanted Omega in WWE initially but now I don't. :shrug:

7. ヒュー G. レックション

Exactly... Could Omega have had a match of that level in a WWE ring? I'm sure he would have good matches, some great. But to a New Japan main event level? I don't think so.

I'm willing to bet the matches Nakamura and Finn are having now pale in comparison to their prior work. But of course, theyre making more money and doing it in front of a far bigger audience, so I'm sure they don't mind at all haha

8. @smarkmouth

@smarkmouth Friendly Neighborhood

Exactly. 10 Brock Lesnars won't fix a show but a single talented booker could. Case in point; season one of Lucha Underground made a compelling character out of Ezekiel Jackson.

9. George Steele's Barber

George Steele's Barber Advertise Here $9.95/month

What booking do people want? What was different about the booking during the periods that were so much better? It's easy to say "booking = bad", how else do you book a three hour show that is live, weekly, and meant to set up a monthly PPV?

10. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. Kamehamehaaaaa!!

Anything that shows that they care for someone else other than Roman/Brock and Triple H. A direction. A plan.

11. Stone Cold Tea

Stone Cold Tea Getting Noticed By Management

I think the issue is that everyone is under the assumption we are building towards Lesnar vs Reigns at 'Mania next year. This makes everything in the title scene redundant.

We need some good blood feuds.

12. BaconBits

BaconBits WZ Czar of Steaks

But they do have direction in other things. Enzo/Cass/Big Show have a fairly interesting scenario going on, the Titus brand will eventually lead to real feud of some sort, The Truth/Goldust vignettes will eventually lead to some matches between them, and there's finally some new faces around the RAW women's title.

13. Aeon Mathix

Aeon Mathix Has Ascended

It sounds like the issue is just not being content with what is being presented rather than a booking issue. They are clearly trying to do something with everyone.

14. Big Nick Dudley

I've come to the conclusion that Raw sucks because the writer's write from one point of view for every wrestler they have. They suck.

15. OYDK

OYDK King Of The Ring

Booking may have been the wrong word to use. By saying booking, I was basically trying to encapsulate booking, writing, creative freedom, character development, etc. in one word.

A lot of the essentials for what makes a wrestling program really enjoyable to me are just completely lacking nowadays, and have been for years now. That's not to say that I haven't or don't enjoy certain stretches where Raw has put on some very strong shows, but the low periods vastly outweigh the highs in my opinion. I mean, you can tell me that Raw has been just as good as it's ever been these past 10 years, I just won't believe you.

16. Wildcat66

Wildcat66 DELETE!

Don't RAW and SmackDown have different writing teams? That might have something to do with the quality of the shows being different.

17. Slash-LN

Slash-LN Rigistered Post Offender

Hardys were big outside of the WWE landscape with different characters.

Bullet Club was big outside of the WWE landscape with a lot less limitations.

Brock Lesnar is hardly ever around.

Dean seems to be losing steam but is still somewhat popular.
    The crowd turned on Roman.
    Seth is popular
    The Shield as a group was super popular. As individuals the crowd is kinda meh to them.

Same wrestlers but different circumstances isn't going to equal the same success.