Hogan Region, Toronto Subregion, Second Round:(11)Billy Graham vs. (27)Antonino Rocca

Who Wins This Match?

• Billy Graham

• Antonino Rocca

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the Hogan Region, Toronto Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

f1abd3ee01e17b5969acfaccf8728366.jpg

3d7f05fc23e2acf21cb950e4a82cf35f.jpg

#11. Billy Graham

Vs.

antonino_rocca.jpg

#27. Antonino Rocca

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster. Assume that the wrestlers are coming in fresh after their first round match.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I've gone with Graham. Rocca was certainly a huge draw, but Graham was a mould breaker in the same territory. The first person to be a long term heel champ in New York, possibly in any individual territory. For that reason, I think Graham would win.

This match for simply historical reasons should have been held in a time appriate arena.

Ie Ricoh coliuseem or maple leafs gardens.

Billy Graham was definitely an inspiration, probably even more so than Rocca when you factor in all the big names that have copied him, but his popularity can't hold a candle to Rocca's. Rocca was the superstar that was basically made for big arenas like MSG and the Boston Gardens. He was the most profitable star in the Northeast since Jim Londos. It was primarily thanks to his efforts in the 50's that WWE even grew to be a major territory by the early 60's. I'm sure many would thank Sammartino for the WWE's expansion, but if it hadn't of been for Rocca's prolonged and overwhelming success, Sammartino would not have had a platform to stand on. Billy Graham has Rocca to thank for paving the way for him too.

I voted for Antonino Rocca. And if there are any stragglers that haven't voted yet, I implore them to vote for him as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back