Hogan Region, Toronto Subregion, First Round: (11) Billy Graham vs. (22) Kevin Owens

Discussion in 'Hogan Region' started by klunderbunker, Mar 16, 2017.

?

Who Wins This Match?

1. Billy Graham

2. Kevin Owens

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

This is a first round match in the Hogan Region, Toronto Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#11. Billy Graham

Vs.

[​IMG]

#22. Kevin Owens

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

2. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm going with Owens on this. Billy Graham was the stronger, he had the better build, but Owens is tougher and the better wrestler. Plus, Owens has more of a home field advantage here.

I know we don't frequently use the "if he can beat this guy, then he can beat the other guy" rationale but I do think this is a case where it can be justified. If Kevin Owens can beat John Cena clean, then he can beat Billy Graham clean or otherwise; that's my stance on it, so fuck off.

Vote KO

3. Dmbfantomas

Dmbfantomas Bald Billy was Better

A man who throughout his career was always in perfect shape vs a man who was given 6 months off to get in shape and failed. Superstar Billy Graham is arguably one of the 5 most important wrestlers of all time. Kevin Owens is destined for the Hall of Very Good. Billy Graham ended the greatest world title run in WWE history. Kevin Owens lost to a 50 year old Goldberg in less than 30 seconds.

Vote Billy Graham.

tdmoon likes this.
  4. OYDK

OYDK King Of The Ring

For some reason, Billy Graham doesn't get the recognition that he probably deserves. I think a lot of that has to with the shitty relationship that he's had with the McMahons over the years, but there's no doubt that Graham was a trail-blazer and one of the very top stars of his era. It sucks because I was hoping Owens could at least make it out of the first-round this year, but he's in extremely tough against Billy Graham. Honestly, I think he'd be in tough against karate man Billy Graham, never mind Superstar in his prime.

I want a reason to vote for KO but right now I'm not really envisioning a way in which he wins this. I mean, I guess he could cheat his way to victory but Graham was also a better heel. A good argument for Owens could most definitely sway me but I'm leaning heavily towards Superstar.

5. Prince Vee

Prince Vee Better than I think I am

Kevin Owens is arguably the better Wrestler here. The guy may lose on the physique to Billy Graham but this isn't a goddamn Body building or Beauty pageant. this is a Wrestling tournament. And Kevin Owens is Mr. Wrestling and he wins!

Vote KO!

6. FunKay the Inevitable

FunKay the Inevitable People Like Me, We Don't Play

Billy Graham is one of the most influential and enduring heel persona's in wrestling history. Yeah he's more or less taking Gorgeous George's stick and merely updating it, but he massively influenced generations of wrestlers - including no less than Hulk Hogan. Graham's place in history is assured as the first dominant heel champion in the WWE's history and as arguably the most flamboyant and charismatic wrestler of the 70's.

Kevin Owens may well one day be regarded as an all time great, but he's not there yet. Graham is and has been for decades. The fact he's still being talked about some forty years after his prime is tribute to him and reason enough to see him push past Owens.

tdmoon likes this.
  7. Bernkastel

Bernkastel Reaper of Miracles
    E-Fed Mod

I like Kevin Owens. He's a solid performer. But he's not really all that special, and he's certainly not iconic. He's about as far away removed from the traditional WWE grain as a performer can be. Billy Graham on the other hand was special AND iconic. He created that grain that the WWE would come to follow. The "WWE only pushes big, muscular colorful guys" stereotype. Billy Graham started that. Hogan, Savage, Scott Steiner, and Lex Luger are just examples of Billy Graham legacies. All of whom were bigger stars than Kevin Owens.

Kevin Owens is maybe Vader-lite. Very light. Shorter and hairier. One thing is for certain; he's definitely no Billy Graham.

8. Hollywood Naitch

Hollywood Naitch The current reigning and defending

I know Billy G is going through here, but I have to give KO my vote. From the first time I saw him on The Wrestling Channel on UK TV I was amazed by him. His move set was incredible, especially for a man his size, and the Package Piledriver is possibly my favourite move of all time.

Obviously Graham is a legend and one of the best mic guys of all time but I can't see Owens get nilled in this.

Package Piledriver on the tower of power, who's too sweet to be sour and KO gets the pin

9. Tastycles

Tastycles Turn Bayley heel

Give it a year or two and I might have gone for Owens, but Graham was good enough that Vince McMahon Sr. broke his mould and had a long term heel champion. The comparisons with Hulk Hogan are obvious in Graham's demeanour and it cannot be argued that he's not a pioneer, something that Owens hasn't really achieved just yet, despite being a pretty unique individual.

Owens beat Cena, but lost when there was anything riding on the match, and for now at least, I think that would be the outcome here.

10. nightmare

nightmare ...7, 8, Better stay up late...

Owens. He will out heel the big man here & do it in a tshirt. They guy can go despite the fat kid jokes & deserves credit for being probably the best heel of the last decade. A true man in a black hat amidst a sea of grey.