Hogan Matches With The Wrong Outcome

Discussion in 'The Wrestling Archives' started by RIPbossman, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Makaveli31

Makaveli31 Championship Contender

Well you must remember Sid has asked for his release prior to WrestleMania....so I think Vince was reluctant to have Sid go over Hogan then jump to WCW. In the grand scheme of things, yes it would've made sense for Sid to go over. Sid was staying, Hogan taking a leave of absence. But the reality is, Sid was unreliable. It's too bad because Sid could've had a run similar to "Taker's.

2. shooter_mcgavin

shooter_mcgavin Mid-Card Championship Winner

I wonder what if Slaughter went over Hogan at WM7 and Warrior vs. Savage goes on last.

Slaughter going over Hogan would give Slaughter enough heat for a few months as Hogan chases the title perhaps until Summer Slam.

I can see it now Slaughter beating Hogan and covering him over the Iraqi flag.

And Warrior / Savage, the way it actually happened, would have been an epic way to close the show.

3. thebarber

thebarber Mid-Card Championship Winner

Hogan lost to Rougeau in a non-televised favour to Rougeau who at the time was retiring, and he offered to do the job. Hogan had alot of respect for the family, and added to the night as nobody believed the current WCW Champion would put over Jacques that night, clean.

4. The Boss

The Boss 'The Boss' Of Pro Wrestling

HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN should have never lost to The Rock at No Way Out 2003. I understandwhy he lost at WrestleMania (even though I wanted to see him win and was one of the millions and millions of Hulkamaniacs cheering him on that night) after all, The Rock was their nee top face and no one knew at the time that he would soon leave for a career in film. But by No Way Out The Rock was only an occasional performer and had no business going over.
    Absolutely NONE of it was due to politics. The entire purpose of That PPV (heck the only reason Undertaker even won the title at the time) was to have those two screw job finishes so that Tunny would vacate the title and put it up for grabs in the Royal Rumblef or Flair to win it. The long term plan was to make Flair champion by WrestleMania so that HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN could defeat him for the title at WrestleMania. Only the steroid case prevented that outcome.

5. The Boss

The Boss 'The Boss' Of Pro Wrestling

That's Vince Russo booking for you. The absolute worst individual in the history of the sport. He has no idea what makes the wrestling business work. Nor does he try. All he is interested in a shock value TV. And he doesn't even do that well as is evident by the number of angles he recycles.

6. LBGetBack

LBGetBack Championship Contender

SMH at people listing the Ultimate Warrior. Hogan had been on top FOREVER at that point. Only a fluke screwjob cheating ref got the title off of him for a year. So really, he'd been the man since '84.

Warrior was every bit as over as Hogan was at that time. He was red hot and the time was perfect to put the title on him.

LODemolition likes this.
  7. The Fabulous Rougeau's

The Fabulous Rougeau's Championship Contender

Add to that the fact that Hogan disappeared shortly after and would not be back till his return match at SummerSlam that year. While WWE has no issues having a champ like Brock who won't go on the road with the title that would have never happened back then.

LODemolition likes this.
  8. FlairFan2003

FlairFan2003 Mid-Card Championship Winner

Not true, Hogan routinely disappeared for months on end with no matches in the late 80s, often going as much as two months without a title defense, and when he was active he only did a handful of Friday shows.

In fact, the old kayfabe wrestling magazines often ran articles about WWE letting Hogan get away with violating the "30 Day Title Defense" rule.

9. Psykohurricane55

Psykohurricane55 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The only match that truly comes to mind with the wrong outcome is his match with orton in 2006. While i wasn't a fan of orton back then in fact, i actually jump for joy when hogan actually beat him but looking in hindsight all these years later, it would have help orton a lot more getting the win over hogan.

Has far as his other matches, i might want to say the sting match at starrcade 97 not because Sting won because that was the right call but because of how sting won. I was made to look like a complete jobber for pretty much the entire match, then lose clean to Hogan only for Bret hart to come in and pretty much give sting a second chance at beating hogan which by the way hogan won, sting really didn'T deserve that chance. It was a complete clusterfuck and pretty much killed any momentum that Sting had at the time