Hogan hopeful not to [have to] wrestle again

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
A report coming out of the Wrestling Globe Newsletter is nothing that Hogan has been pushing the personal appearance he agreed to make this weekend at Coquitlam, BC, and that after having several back surgeries – some very recent which he's still recovering from – he's hopeful he won't have to get into the ring again [to wrestle].

Hogans words – and I quote – were:

"Hopefully I won't get back in the ring again, because I can't afford any more broken things,"

This news should send this forum into a bit of a smile frenzy, considering a number of you were very upset seeing Hogan wrestle again at all in the first place, but the biggest question is whether TNA benefits from this at all? I realize Hogan isn't half the wrestler he was in his twenties, thirties or even forties, but he is Hulk Hogan, and he is the most famous wrestler in history (IMO). Just food for thought.

Reaction to the idea? Thoughts on TNA's future with Hogan out of the ring (seemingly) full-time?

P.S. So much for Hogan/Abyss at Bound for Glory, eh? :)

This could be the chance to use Hogan to build the company besides trying to let Hogan be the company, I am a HUGE Hogan fan, and would love to see Hogan Lead a group of younger Talent, into a todays version of the NWO.. Hogan could be the mastermind and leader of the group while allowing the younger talent do the wrestling...

One can only hope and pray that the days of Hulk Hogan doing anything remotely reminiscent of full-time wrestling are long, long gone. I'm pretty certain that this is the case due to his physical status, but you can be sure if he was still physically able to go, he'd be contending for the TNA Championship at some point, and likely successfully.

Safe to say though that we will see an occasional match from the Immortal One, but hopeful they'll be gimmicky types of things, with partners involved, to limit him as much as possible.

I'd personally like to see him full remain backstage, behind a desk, as a GM authority style figure. Not only should he not wrestle anymore, but he shouldn't even set foot in a ring anymore. Let his knowledge of the wrestling business assist in the slow development of TNA, rather than trying to use his past glory as a quick fix.

Having said this, I fully expect to see in-ring involvement between Hogan and Flair, Sting, and Styles at some point. Count on it. He cannot resist going at it again with his long-time rivals, and his ego is just big enough for him to believe that his interaction with Styles would propell AJ into the stratosphere, which it would have back in the day, but not now.

Well Hogan's in the best position on that issue.If he doesn't want to get back in the ring,he doesn't have to.I seriously doubt that TNA will get in that bad a position where they HAVE to have Hogan wrestle,so he should be fine.

TNA won't suffer one bit if Hogan never wrestles another match again as his time in the ring has long since passed, and really the only time he's in a decent match these days is when his opponent rises above the call of duty to make him look good (like Michaels did in '05).

Personally it would probably be best for Hogan as well not to get into the squared circle again. Sure, Hogan was at one time bigger than Jesus and even though he still has name recognition he doesn't need to wrestle anymore, just him being on the show is good enough. I think Hogan should be a kind of authority figure in TNA as that would be his best role as he can still give a promo and could possibly be a good GM type person (I know he's kind of like that right now, but I'm more talking about a full fledged on-screen president). For the most part he should stay out of storylines, but having him on camera once in a while making announcements for big matches and such wouldn't hurt, he is Hulk Hogan after all.

It would appear our prayers have been answered - having Hogan in the ring with Abyss would've been bad enough (even worse with the title on the line). We've still got to put up with him being a character, but I can handle that for now.

I think Hogan's finally realised that he can't be seen as a realistic man in the ring. And I doubt he'd job to Abyss anyway.

Our fears appear to have been appeased for now.

Hogan HOPES nothing of the kind. I promise you, his ego will need another boost and he WILL stand in the ring and "Hulk up" again. I say stand in the ring because he sure can't do much else. Hogan never could pull off a decent match...it was the same thing over and over and over, so I never understood his appeal. While Flair's time has more than passed, he can at least still put on some kind of a match...unlike Hogan. The best thing for TNA would be to fire Hogan on air and for real...and explain to him...on air...what a buffoon he is. Maybe THEN TNA will get some legit credit with fans of actual WRESTLING. Naw....won't ever happen.

One reason why TNA has gotten better over the past month, in my view, is that Hogan's presence on television has been dramatically reduced. I'm not saying that TNA is really that good, but it's better than it has been for most of this year. Whenever Hogan has been out doing his thing, he pretty much becomes the center and focus of TNA.

The days of Hogan wading out into a sea of heels and laying them all out with right hands in TNA needs to come to an end because it's not doing anyone any favors except Hogan himself. I know what Hulk Hogan was and I don't care quite frankly. I'm more concerned with the here and the now and not having Hulk Hogan featured in every other segment of the show gives TNA more of a chance to focus on the here and now, the younger talent.

I think its good hogan is seeing that he is too battered to be in the wrestling ring performing...

I do however still think he will take on Abyss at BFG...or maybe if plans change, it can be Abyss vs (wrestler of Hogans choosing) and Hogan can be in the wrestlers corner...

But, I do think Hogan is correct when he said this, I mean he just had surgery and how old if he now?? 60?? So maybe he meant anytime soon...maybe he thinks he can get in the ring later after say like 4 months!!

I'm one of those that change the fucking channel anytime Hogan tries to wrestle. He's done.
Hogan is a great talker though. I think he can serve a great role in TNA as a figure head. He can sit on top of his mountain of achievements and lord over the Impact Zone. (or hopefully demolish it and never hold a taping there again)
Hogan isn't needed in the ring. Harley Race was able to be a manager. And many other former wrestlers were able to contribute to the show with out forcing their train wrecked bodies to eek out one more match. Who honestly enjoys seeing Hogan wrestle today? If there is one I'd like to know if they are blind or mentally impared in some way.
His name doesn't have the value it once did. "Hopefully" as if wrestling needs Hogan anymore? That statement should have some of you rethinking your Biggest Ego vote from Tenta's post the other day.

I think its good, ive been a hulkamaniac for the longest time and i hated seeing my childhood idol wrestle, u could tell he was hurt and in pain. I found interesting that he said he hopes he doesnt have to wrestle anymore and that to me posts the question... everyone blames hogan for stealing the spotlight but in the end his career pretty much born with the spotlight on him, so every promoter wanted to capitalize on that. what if it was tna officials and vince mcmahon who just pushed hogan to the limit, i mean who wouldnt? and hogan doesnt know how to do anything else of course hes gonna agree, idk thats my take on things

I'm glad Hulk said that statement, and I hope he sticks to it. The man is too broken down to every step foot in a ring again. We have seen Hogan vs. Flair a million times and don't need to see that again. We also don't need to see him in the ring with any other veteran like Sting, Jarrett, or Nash. Most importantly though, we don't need to see him on every segment of Impact taking out all the heels like he is superman.

Also, if Abyss ever becomes TNA champion again, we don't need to see Hogan vs. Abyss for the title. Any progress TNA has made with pushing new talent will be overshadowed by Hogan as TNA champion. Overall there are serious risks for Hulk to ever step foot in a wrestling ring again. For his health above all else I hope he doesn't think about returning to wrestling ever again.

Honestly Hogan does not need to be wrestling again, i mean when he went back in the ring with Flair, we all knew that he was going to win and that he wasn't planning on passing the torch to anybody not even to HBK or Randy Orton. Hogan might want to just stay backstage and stay away from going back in the ring. I mean seriously even if he wanted to go back to the ring who was he going to face next?? AJ styles, everybody knows AJ styles has speed unlike Hogan

I do hope he keeps his word about not going back in the ring, he knows it, some guys reach to an age that their bodies tell them to stop because when they get hurt, they won't be able to heal properly as they should. Yes Hogan needs the money, but doesnt need to be wrestling in the ring

The last thing I want is to see Hogan v Abyss at TNA's biggest PPV of the year... That would just prove how much Hogan thinks he's worth... As for the notion of him never wrestling again, I say PRAISE THE WRESTLING GODS! Hogan's a legend for sure, and you may be correct about him being the most famous wrestler of all time... But there comes a point where you just need to stop. I know people will say that Ric Flair should follow Hogan's example, and maybe they're right. But as made obvious by his recent match against Jay Lethal, Ric Flair still has it, and is better than most guys on the roster. So I'd say that Flair should keep going until he, or the universe, tells him he needs to stop. The fans will tell him when it's time to hang up the boots, and hopefully he'll be smarter than Hogan and listen to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back