Hit or Miss Gimmicks

I have to go with Sting, has to be one of the best gimmick changes
from the from USA sting (i guess what would call him) with blue & red tights and face paint from what Ive seen back then,didn't see much wcw in early 90s-
To being the dark & mysterious sting with classic crow like face paint and not speaking at all for over a year i believe I saw some where.I still love watching him come in and take on the nwo. and seeing him up with the fans looking so pain face all time and staring a hole threw nwo,

then going Wolf pack nwo,but i can't remember much how he was then,i remember him being kinda fun with the crowd, like he sorta is with tna
but was he like that just before going red and black?
If any one could run that by me on how he join the nwo wolf pack,that be grateful

I only got to see bits cause the sky tv was in my brothers room and he always watch wwf,so my knowledge of wcw isn't great

Ok I've been through, Gregory Helms has been mentioned, and I'm pretty sure Stevie Richards will get a heads up. So I will mention the guy who has had some of the most horrendous gimmicks ever; Mr Monty Sopp.

1) Bill Gunn - Smoking Gunn- So here he is a cowboy, with his brother Bart. Great.

2) Rockabilly- the padwan of the Honkey tonk man. So a feud with'the real double J' comes in, quick turn on Honkey Tonk Man and you get;

3) Bad ass Billy Gunn (Both before and during DX) - Brash and loud mouthed. Probably him at his peak.

4) Mr Ass. - The only good thing about this gimmick was the Rock's prayer from Billy.

5) "the one" Billy Gunn - This is when a classic ah man I need something to go, lets team with the Big Show...so he does.

6) Chuck and Billy - I mean come on, a gay but straight guy?!

7) TNA - it's and aww I hate WWE, ah man am gonna try and get a contract with WWE, ah man they said no. And now he's an 'image consultant'

Best Change- Brian Pillman, from an average wrestler who was well liked, into the Loose Cannon, a change in character that was edgy, in-your-face, and overall just amazing. A true innovator/gimmic that the Attitude Era needed, and would have shined if not for his untimely passing.

Worst Change- Hulk Hogan into Mr. America. What really was the need of him putting a stupid mask on just to allow him to act like himself? They werent really fooling anybody on who was under the mask, and basically the entire time he wrestled was to give the spotlight (kinda, as he wont let the camera off him for long...) to Zach Gowen, a one-legged freak that had no reason to be in the ring at all. A nothing happening gimmic that I was happy to see die, and die quickly (but not quick enough IMO).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back