Here's My Thing With Chick Magnet Punk

You say worked like it's a bad thing, friend. I'm a fan of this business, you can't be a fan and not be worked, it's the fan's part to play to be worked. If a guy can't work me then I don't need to watch anymore.

Of course, it is great to be worked when you are watching the show but it seems as if you are having trouble separating fiction from reality even after you switch the TV screen off. Or it may be that you are just not intelligent enough to understand the angle. Either way, the choice is yours.

Now, if he said that it's the reality era, that still means that the things he's saying and everyone else involved are saying are true or how he feels.

How does it mean that when the only effort to involve any "reality" in his promos has come from him? The rest of the characters speak and behave in the same manner as they had before Punk's shoot. And Punk's character aims at presenting what he personally believes as the reality. It may not be neccesarily true that bodybuilder type wrestlers are preffered by the WWE but he does want you to believe that so that you side by him.

Let's say that they aren't and he's actually still just working, it's still an angle that's going nowhere fast because all he's doing is airing out dirty laundry and not advancing the story. If he's just doing this gimmick to appeal to internet fans that that's more sad than anything. All of the greats developed their own gimmicks and let the fans follow them, they may be pushed by the bookers different ways, heel, face, or tweener, depending on what the booker felt the fans would be more receptive to but the workers really shouldn't be concerned with what the fans want him to do since they're so fickle anyway(Randy Orton in the house). We loved Stone Cold for being the bad ass then we loved him for being Mr. McMahon's comedic henchman. We loved The Rock for being a cocky heel then we loved him for being The People's Champ then for being a hollywood asshole. These guys had to reinvent themselves, sure, but they decided what the next gimmick would be. Hogan became heel because people were more receptive to him that way but he was just a heel version of himself, there was little fundamental difference between Hollywood and Hulk Hogan. If Punk's just doing this to appease the internet fans, then he's a bigger mark for the internet than they are for him.

Yeah, you are nuts if you believe that Hogan, Austin and Rock all formed their own gimmicks. Hulk Hogan was an out and out Vince McMahon creation, heel Hogan was the brainchild of Eric Bischoff in order to boost Nitro ratings. Austin and Rock had little ideas about what their gimmicks would be like but the final product that you saw was a WWF creation.

As for the story not moving forward, that's the fault of the guy booking the show. We know why Triple H hates Punk and why Punk hates Triple H and that was established two weeks into the storyline only. Triple H and Punk need to FIGHT for the storyline to move forward. Also the fact that HHH is a face and Punk is a tweener is also hindering the pace of the storyline. But I do know that this story will move forward post NOC. And I am willing to wait and watch rather than label Punk as a failure.

And finally Punk is not doing this to appease the internet, he has taken the gimmick of a fan who cares for internet fans to create a great storyline which seems to be working for everyone except for a few bitchy internet fans who are itching to label Punk as a lost cause.

See, that's the point, no one other than Undertaker, Kane, or Mark Henry would have a chance against The Big Show. But you could suspend disbelief because the Stunner was an impact move that could catch you out of nowhere. Austin never tried to make anyone tap, if Punk tried to slap the Anaconda Vise on Big Show, he'd just power out of it. Guys like Punk can't look good against guys like Cena or HHH even because of the power difference, they'd have to find another way to win and wouldn't look good doing it. So, back to what I said, Bret Hart was believably strong enough to make you tap after working on you for a while and HBK just tired you out being so much faster. To the point of Benoit, I already said that he was a 'roided up freak that was obviously strong as shit. Look at CM Punk, he looks just like any other motherfucker, you wouldn't believe that he could jump in there with a heavyweight let alone a super heavyweight. If things are supposed to be rooted in reality now, CM Punk cannot be world champ. Again, combat sports have weight classes for a reason.

Again you missed the point of my Stunner reference. If you look at it closely, the Stunner is a mere jawbreaker that cannot knock any guy down for a three count no matter how freakishly strong the performer is. You know what I am doing here? Nitpicking. Also imitating you.

As for the Benoit deal, go watch the Royal Rumble 2003 match between Angle and Benoit. Kurt Angle powers out of a Crossface by standing up. By that reasoning Big Show should not have any trouble countering a crossface. ut that does not happen. Welcome to kayfabe dude.

Also Benoit wasn't ever referred to as a roided up freak before the double murders and hence that cannot be the reason why he looked legit when he made Big Show tap in 2002-03. The thing is that making Big Show tap made Benoit look legit more than anything else. If Punk makes guys like Kane and Show tap out on a regular basis you will be easily able to believe that it can happen.

As for Punk not looking good against Cena, are you fucking kidding me? How did he look at MITB or SummerSlam? He looked Cena's equal in every fucking way. In fact the story of the second match at SummerSlam was that Cena had to raise his own game to be on Punk's level.

Also you haven't talked about how people buy Mysterio pinning guys like Show, Khali and Kane after a 619 or Kurt Angle making all of them tap to an Ankle lock which they could counter by just shaking their leg?

I already told you why he was booked badly after Hardy, for back talking The Undertaker. For the third time, I was behind Punk in that instance but he should've been smarter about it.

Yes, but you do not understand what it means. It means that he has a legitimate gripe to talk about which in your opening post you seemed to say as if he did not. That, it is true that in the WWE stuff like kissing asses of senior performers matter more than stuff like talent.

Well, who's rallying with him? I don't see any other superstars taking up with him just the internet fans. He seems to just be there trying to poke fun at the rich kids, that's the student he seems like to me. The one that plays victim all the time because he's had it tough like no one else had it tough. Hell, HHH was paying dues and was over before he married Stephanie. The Rock had to be booed like he raped someone before he got himself over. Punk's words do speak louder than his actions which isn't abnormal for pro wrestling/sports entertainment. His words just say "I want this, I want that" but never does anything about it. Why doesn't he challenge them for Colt Cabana's roster spot? Why doesn't he take up a petition for Luke Gallows' job back with the fans? Even if it doesn't happen, it makes him seem like he's doing something about it.

What is the purpose of a rally? To create awareness on an issue and at times to create a furore over it. What did his shoot promo and his subsequent title victory do? Please tell me that you understand this point for the sake of your own intelligence.

Something more may happen. Maybe Gallows or Cabana is coming back at a certain time. There were certainly rumors that Cabana had been signed to the WWE. Why the hell don't you have any patience? That is the problem with some of you. Instead of complimenting the great stuff that had been happening for three weeks, they prefer to bitch about the next two weeks that weren't as good. No era had shocking things happening every week.

Also what is this deal with insulting HHH? Everyone from Chris Jericho to Randy Orton has done it and maybe even Triple H wants Punk to do that because it is something everyone gets over by. And some fans do have a legitimate gripe with Rock saying all the time that he loves the business but stayed away from it for 7 years. Cena has questioned it also. And like I said Punk has not mentioned it lately after he started getting more and more positive reactions. So maybe all that stuff was done to get a negative reaction.

Yes and he's bitching about his friends who were fired on the business side of things which is why Bret isn't saying anything about it. He even said that it was a great learning experience for him potentially. Punk is just sitting there babbling about Colt Cabana who never left much of an impression on me. Luke Gallows I agreed with and thought he had a lot more talent than was given credit for. Anyway, it's more of the same, air out dirty laundry so that the internet guys will get hooked.

He is airing the dirty laundry for everyone out there. He is saying that these guys were talented and yet they got fired. He is putting it out there for everyone. Some agree with it and some, like you, do not.

Did you read what I wrote? I said that The Rock got The Rock Bottom and The People's elbow over. If it weren't for him, they'd just be a simple side slam and a weird elbow drop. If it weren't for how great the Diamond Cutter was and how random it was, DDP, whom I love, wouldn't be anything but another motherfucker getting beaten up by the NWO although he was in good company with Flair, Arn Anderson, Macho Man and Roddy Piper getting beaten up too. The streak was a gimmick, accidental though it was but the ferocity with which he did the spear was what made everyone notice him before they played the streak up. I remember in middle school with all my friends thinking for the first few matches, "Did you see that guy that ran through Hugh Morris?" Brock's physique was no better than Lex Luger's or HHH's or even Batista who wasn't widely known at the time so it was nothing we hadn't seen before, the moves he pulled of, especially The F5, for his size got him over the quickest and Paul Heyman didn't hurt. Austin got over by being the hell raiser but the fact that he could hit his finisher at anytime and did 98% of the time got him over a great deal too.

Their finishers got over only after they themselves got over. Rock was using the Rock Bottom since 1997 and the People's Elbow since 1998 but no one was talking about them till he himself became a world champ. I remember commentators talking about the Rock Bottom as a side slam or something when he was a midcarder.

Same with DDP. He worked hard at getting his finisher over with the crowd but that did not happen until he was a bit over. The Spear would not have been noticed much had Goldberg lost ten matches and then won one or two. Lesnar got over due to a combination of his size and his speed which was unique for a big guy like him. And yeah, he did have a noticeably impressive physique.

Austin got his finisher over by using it regularly in his matches in the summer of 1996 against midcarders. Needless to say that the Austin 3:16 moment took place before that.

I really think he should stick with the Vise since he's the only one I've ever seen use it. I've seen GTS on youtube in japan and it still looked stupid. Lot's of guys get over because of finishers. RKO got over with that Punt to the skull since it made him look like that sadistic person he wanted to look like. Mankind got over because of the Mandible Claw at first because it was so weird and unusual like he was trying to look. People remember the finishers like they remember catchphrases.

Uh yeah and there is nothing wrong with any of Punk's finishers. Once he is well established and has a few more victories under his belt, you will be able to understand this fact. A finisher can never hinder a wrestler. It can take him to new heights but it does not work the other way round.

He's getting a huge push but look a how fast he's floundering. John Cena said it best, Punk needed this time a whole lot more than he did and Punk really isn't doing anything with it.

How the hell is he floundering exactly? This is all internet speculation, there is no proof to this at all. Punk and HHH have not had a single match as yet and already you think that the feud is floundering. Just how can you reach that conclusion, I would like to know?

Punk may not be as hot as he was after his shoot promo but that does not mean that he is failing. Really, it is becoming increasingly apparent that you are just waiting to jump on his back.

I'm not proving my toughness, I keep telling these people about how "untough" it is to talk shit over forums. This isn't the first time a guy has insulted me personally on this forum so why is it a problem when I address an issue that someone has for some weird reason taken up with me? Just because it's the same bullshit makes it cool to talk wreckless to someone you'll never meet to answer for your insults? I only do it since it seems to be the only thing you understand. You told me to "take my head out of my ass" just because you don't agree with me, there were plenty of members here who've disagreed with me so far and were able to express it without attacking me personally. You wanted to do this so you and anyone else that wants to come at me like that again can kiss my ass.

I didn't post anything different to try and appear smart it looks like you and everyone else who's said shit like that are projecting your feelings onto me. I posted my feelings on CM Punk's performance so far and everyone else took it to this level, this is no different from me saying that Heath Ledger's Joker blew away Jack Nicholson's. That's it.

The way you have worded your posts make it very apparent that you have a wafer thin reasoning to your posts. You say Punk's finishers are unrealistic when similar finishers and sometimes even more ridiculous finishers have been executed by similarly built and on occasions smaller men and have gotten over. You say Punk cannot look good against Cena whereas he has already looked like gold against Cena. You have problems with him talking shit to HHH when numerous other wrestlers from different eras have done so in the past but you cheered them on for doing so. But when Punk has done it, it seems like blasphemy to you.

You say that Punk has not made much impact by his bitching when he has forced the fucking chairman of the company to resign from his post. On top of all this you have made silly blanket statements as to how internet fans claim that Punk is the greatest mic worker of all time and how he is the next Austin when I have myself never heard any of this stuff. You have done all this just to make yourself seem smart and it is high time that someone called you out on your bullshit.

There is nothing wrong with stating your opinion but you must learn to back it up as well.

this is why i love ziggler so much but hope he never gets a mega push. because all of a sudden he will be 'shite in the ring, no personality, overexposed, etc.' i dont think ANYONE could be a top guy in WWE without a bunch of pessimists trying to knock them down a few pegs. its just a ride people, enjoy it.

yeah we are all over rocks balls now but remember it was the early IWC crowd that turned on him in 96 and 97, likewise at summerslam against lesnar in 03.

punk will be loved again by all, all he needs to do is turn full fledged heel or be smacked backed down to the mid card by hhh, everyone will jump right back on the bandwagon.

I made a reply at first I told you that for me he was the most interesting thing in wrestling to watch and he has been for the past years. You don't have to like everything that he does equally, but like I told you, the reason you did this topic is because you are annoyed that a lot of people liked him.

And this is why they annoy me, I just said that he isn't that good and look what happened. This isn't as much about Punk anymore as it is about me. I say Punk isn't very good on the internet and everyone defends him like they're fuckin' him or something. They don't counter my view point for the most part, just lay into me about being a "hater." I was watching a video about Undertaker and Brock Lesnar and, for some strange reason they started to discuss CM Punk. I stated my opinion with everyone else's and one guy picked a fight with me, I'm still waiting for his response.

Of course some of them may be "dick riders" as you call them, but how many Cena's fan are. If you really always liked Punk you should be happy that he is getting recognition and not try to tamper it or be annoyed by it. To me it seems like when you discover and indy band and like them and the day they finally become bigger and maybe more mainstream you start hating (or in this case liking them less) them for it.

First, you don't know shit about me, you need to stop projecting. Second, most of Cena's fans are dick riders because most of them are children who don't know anything other than they like this person so they don't really count as dick riders and women who actually want to ride his dick.

The real crime is that a lot of people didn't find him awesome when he was in SES and was doing awesome speeches after awesome speeches but it wasn't bringing him anywhere unfortunately and I will blame WWE booking for that. How bad are you at booking when you can't even book a god damn stable.

I thought he was dynamite as the Straight Edge Messiah, I could start a whole other thread with what I thought they could've went with that gimmick and stable. The thing is that he was still going through his situation with The Undertaker, it was similar to HHH's year in purgatory for the Curtain Call. I was hoping that the stable would actually be his way out but Gallows and Serena got fired while Joey Matthews got hurt and is now working in FCW as a trainer I believe.

I don't care that it's Super-Cena, they are 7... 7 guys that would beat him back into the rank, Cena shouldn't win, he should get his ass beated all the time and then ask for a one on one with every member barred from the ring and then he could win. Now before people start to freak out I know we are not talking about Cena but that was the most flagrant example of how WWE can't book a stable right. Same for SES, I don't care it's Big Show and he is 7 foot tall, they are THREE, they should break his legs and keep him on the floor, they are THREE. But no, Big show had to win and the SES started to fizzle, instead they could have booked Punk has a champion backed up by his stable and even make Gallows and Mercury tag champ, but WWE his using stables when they have nothing for you or when they want to create a story without the title, but a stable goal should dominate.

I agree, The Horsemen were always able to handle a bigger guy using strength in numbers and sharing a collective mind. I think their biggest mistake with Nexus was the whole concept of NXT in general when they branded them as rookies despite them all being 10 year vets. It made them look weak and anyone that gets beat by them look weak by extension. They tried smooth it over by saying they're rookies to WWE but have been doing it for a while but the damage was already done. I don't think Gallows needed the tag belts, they should've brought in another guy to tag with Mercury. I'd have had Gallows hold the U.S. or I.C. belt as Punk's #2 until he got too big and started feuding with Punk. That's just one way and the simplest, there were a lot of ways to book that stable though.

Back on Punk he was doing great matches and great speeches but he was overlooked because of his size, because he was self made, because he wasn't this or that so his gripes are legit and I don't think we should take wrestling fans for idiots. Like someone says, when Punk mentionned Colt Cabana, yeah most of the people didn't knew who he was but wha happenned after Raw? Cabana was trending on the net, because people are smart enough to look up what they don't know and informed themselves.

You still can't say he was over looked being a 5 time Champion, I don't care what anyone says, they put the belt on you and you become the face of the company. That's why The Undertaker told him what he told him. It may be a prop to the people backstage but it signifies that you are on top to the people who are watching at home.

Like someone said, for us everything should be rushed it seems because the IWC (that you are a part of) get bored very quickly. Cena has been doing the same routine for 5 years and the kids are liking him. Of course some of us think it's old but non IWC watchers like seeing the same thing, just like when I was younger I enjoyed Austin and McMahaon for years, but in this day and age (or at least for the IWC) that feud couldn't last 3 months before people say "OLD".

Speak for yourself, I'm a fan of pro wrestling that's posting on a forum, I don't go to arenas and chant like it's 1997. I don't have a short attention span, I'm a big supporter of stretching out angles, hell, I'd prefer if they'd slow things down. I wish they'd go back to the old school format of a few top level PPV events a year then "Clash of The Champion" type tv events on the off months. It would allow them to stretch the angles out since there are less big events where the title would likely change hands. That's why guys could hold onto the belt for so long 20-30 years ago. When you have a PPV every month at least, it condenses everything. It's not really an attention span thing either, it's that most of the fans are fickle and jump on whoever is the flavor of the month.

I just don't think that now is the time to stop rooting for Punk, it should be the opposite. I know that you could be annoyed by those "dick riders" who think that Punk is the BEST THINGZ EVAR, but you shouldn't.

I never said to stop rooting for him, I don't know where people are getting that. I said that I don't see the big deal, he's not as entertaining as he was a year ago when he was the Straight Edge Messiah. That was literally my favorite gimmick since Brock Lesnar's Next Big Thing gimmick. Dick riders always annoy me because they act like you're supposed to like it because they do. I do like Punk, he's just not as good as everyone thinks in my opinion, if you share it, cool. If not, that's cool too.

To me it just seems that you are angry because the best for you on the mic is The Rock and Punk is not on his level, but that's opinions. For some people they will think that the Rock is lame and that all his speeches are the same and for others Punk, Austin, Flair or HHH will be better. There's no right or wrong and you can't say The rock would eat him alive until we see that happen and we may never will.

Stop projecting on me, I'm not angry at anything, it's you who descended upon me for stating my opinion about Punk as a performer today. You can't think that Punk won't be addressed when The Rock finally gets back with all the shit he's been talking and The Rock is much better than Punk on the mic. He's too quick on his feet and he's more than witty, he's funny but what really gets me about people's attitude towards The Rock is the sellout thing. Just because neophytes from in the WWE are saying it, it must be true so people on the internet just jumps on the bandwagon because it's the hip thing to do.

Of course, it is great to be worked when you are watching the show but it seems as if you are having trouble separating fiction from reality even after you switch the TV screen off. Or it may be that you are just not intelligent enough to understand the angle. Either way, the choice is yours.

Eat a dick.

How does it mean that when the only effort to involve any "reality" in his promos has come from him? The rest of the characters speak and behave in the same manner as they had before Punk's shoot. And Punk's character aims at presenting what he personally believes as the reality. It may not be neccesarily true that bodybuilder type wrestlers are preffered by the WWE but he does want you to believe that so that you side by him.

What he believes to be reality, then he's still speaking from his truth and his truth is that he's just complaining about shit but not doing anything about it. He's just being a smartass but nothing has any teeth because he's just rewriting history as if he's never been champ or shit like that.

Yeah, you are nuts if you believe that Hogan, Austin and Rock all formed their own gimmicks. Hulk Hogan was an out and out Vince McMahon creation, heel Hogan was the brainchild of Eric Bischoff in order to boost Nitro ratings. Austin and Rock had little ideas about what their gimmicks would be like but the final product that you saw was a WWF creation.

Okay, I'll give you Hogan back but doesn't Austin tell the story of how he came up with his gimmick? Something about getting the ring name, "Stone Cold," from something his wife said about drinking the tea she made for him while it was still hot, didn't he? Or how about when he said that he got the idea of the gimmick after watching the HBO documentary on mafia hitman Richard "Iceman" Kuklinski in prison. The Rock said that his gimmick was basically telling the fans what he felt about being booed when he was being a face when he first became a heel. Hell, Flair got his gimmick from Buddy Rogers but he still decided that it was the gimmick to use. Even if Hogan was given the gimmick, he still made the gimmick his.

As for the story not moving forward, that's the fault of the guy booking the show. We know why Triple H hates Punk and why Punk hates Triple H and that was established two weeks into the storyline only. Triple H and Punk need to FIGHT for the storyline to move forward. Also the fact that HHH is a face and Punk is a tweener is also hindering the pace of the storyline. But I do know that this story will move forward post NOC. And I am willing to wait and watch rather than label Punk as a failure.

How long does it take to move the story further for Punk? The only thing that's changed is that he's fighting someone else. The face/tweener dynamic isn't hurting it, we've seen plenty of face/tweener feuds that have progressed with better pacing than this like Austin and HBK's earlier interactions. They paced it beautifully as rivals with the same cause against the Hart Foundation, sometimes they worked together and sometimes they had matches against each other. I didn't label him a failure yet, it's going that way unless something happens at NOC.

And finally Punk is not doing this to appease the internet, he has taken the gimmick of a fan who cares for internet fans to create a great storyline which seems to be working for everyone except for a few bitchy internet fans who are itching to label Punk as a lost cause.

Bitchy? If I'm bitchy, your mama's bitchy. No one painted him a lost cause, I initially said that he wasn't that good. Just because you can't handle someone not trying to ride the same dick as you are doesn't mean he's not liked. I just said that he has a lot of holes in his game.

Again you missed the point of my Stunner reference. If you look at it closely, the Stunner is a mere jawbreaker that cannot knock any guy down for a three count no matter how freakishly strong the performer is. You know what I am doing here? Nitpicking. Also imitating you.

If you were imitating me, you'd just make your point without trying to dig at me, stupid ass. See? Now I'm imitating you again, this is fun. Also, the stunner being a jawbreaker can indeed knock you out. If you take impact directly to the chin or jaw, the hinge of your jaw is pushed up into your brain knocking you unconscious, hence the boxing phrases "weak chin" or "glass jaw."

As for the Benoit deal, go watch the Royal Rumble 2003 match between Angle and Benoit. Kurt Angle powers out of a Crossface by standing up. By that reasoning Big Show should not have any trouble countering a crossface. ut that does not happen. Welcome to kayfabe dude.

Kayfabe these nuts, I know it's staged. Letting Angle power out of it did nothing but make it look weak, they should've had him maneuver out of it being technically superior. The point that I was making is that Benoit has a better chance of doing it due to being roided up, I can believe that he can put a hold on The Big Show and keep it there. It also goes back to my original point, Angle, Benoit, and Bret were big enough where you could believe that they could make a larger guy tap after working on him for an entire match. Punk doesn't look like he's very strong compared to the guys in the ring with him and he couldn't make a guy tap even after working on them, there's a reason that Nash said "hit the gym."

Also Benoit wasn't ever referred to as a roided up freak before the double murders and hence that cannot be the reason why he looked legit when he made Big Show tap in 2002-03. The thing is that making Big Show tap made Benoit look legit more than anything else. If Punk makes guys like Kane and Show tap out on a regular basis you will be easily able to believe that it can happen.

Please, everyone I knew that watched the show with half a brain at the time knew what time it was and, if you couldn't make that observation then kill yourself because life is much more of a challenge than noticing someone getting so big and ripped in such a small amount of time.

As for Punk not looking good against Cena, are you fucking kidding me? How did he look at MITB or SummerSlam? He looked Cena's equal in every fucking way. In fact the story of the second match at SummerSlam was that Cena had to raise his own game to be on Punk's level.

I guess it's time for the defend Cena's wrestling ability moment. Cena's a much better wrestler than most of the roster, just because he isn't overly technical or a high flier or does those MMA kicks everyone thinks he sucks. His gimmick negates the majority of his offense, he's not billed as any of those things, he's billed as a simple brawler that wins on sheer guts and determination. If Cena changed his gimmick to someone who actually wrestled, Punk wouldn't look good because Cena's move set would be augmented by his strength. Punk puts him in the Vise, Cena uses his power and technique to escape it and puts a hold of his own on if he doesn't counter it outright. Punk's good in the ring but someone like him isn't going to look against the true heavyweights especially with his lack of speed and quickness for his size, let me ask you this. How do you know that it wasn't Cena making him look good?

Also you haven't talked about how people buy Mysterio pinning guys like Show, Khali and Kane after a 619 or Kurt Angle making all of them tap to an Ankle lock which they could counter by just shaking their leg?

I'm not arguing for the 619, it's probably my least favorite thing in pro wrestling history. Kurt Angle used the Ankle lock in the same vein as Bret using The Sharpshooter or Flair with the Figure Four. He works on that part of the body so that when he slaps it on, it's to painful to think of how to counter it other than shit like grabbing the ropes or turning the Figure Four over. Also, they often do kick Angle off of the Ankle lock but what does a good ring psychologist like Angle does? He comes back to it and grapevines so that you can't shake him off and thus has to get to the ropes.

Yes, but you do not understand what it means. It means that he has a legitimate gripe to talk about which in your opening post you seemed to say as if he did not. That, it is true that in the WWE stuff like kissing asses of senior performers matter more than stuff like talent.

Unless your lips have touched that person's ass, kissing ass is a subjective view point. He could say that Cena's kissing Vince's ass, why? Because he did something he asked him to do? He's your boss, that's how you progress in the company. You can be talented but what's the use if the boss doesn't think he can trust you with more responsibility or that you'll squander it because you're not that interested in it? The Miz is moving up the same way that Cena has from what I understand but, since he's a heel instead of a face, he gets love. I didn't like The Miz for the longest but he's grown on me since his title run and I think that he and Truth are the best things going. They're basically saying the same thing as Punk but they're doing something about it, which holds my interest more.

What is the purpose of a rally? To create awareness on an issue and at times to create a furore over it. What did his shoot promo and his subsequent title victory do? Please tell me that you understand this point for the sake of your own intelligence.

Guess what, only a handful at best are rallying around him, everyone else doesn't care and a lot of the ones that did are starting to go the other way. I know the NFL's back and their ratings were doomed from the moment the lockout ended but I don't recall a significant ratings spike when he first started the season started either. No one actually cared outside of people who watched anyway. I like how you attack my intelligence, another personal attack. You can't just make your point, can you, child?

Something more may happen. Maybe Gallows or Cabana is coming back at a certain time. There were certainly rumors that Cabana had been signed to the WWE. Why the hell don't you have any patience? That is the problem with some of you. Instead of complimenting the great stuff that had been happening for three weeks, they prefer to bitch about the next two weeks that weren't as good. No era had shocking things happening every week.

Didn't this shit start back in July? Plenty of time with the condensed format they have now to spring Cabana or hopefully Gallows on us.

Also what is this deal with insulting HHH? Everyone from Chris Jericho to Randy Orton has done it and maybe even Triple H wants Punk to do that because it is something everyone gets over by. And some fans do have a legitimate gripe with Rock saying all the time that he loves the business but stayed away from it for 7 years. Cena has questioned it also. And like I said Punk has not mentioned it lately after he started getting more and more positive reactions. So maybe all that stuff was done to get a negative reaction.

It's not that he's getting over by insulting HHH, he's done a shoot at least once talking shit about his wife. Where I'm from, you beat a man's ass for that. How do you know that The Rock doesn't love the business? The man just has another job now, if Austin loved it so much, why'd he leave it twice just because he was unhappy with shit like putting Brock Lesnar over? The Rock did whatever was asked of him when he was doing it full time and moved on to another chapter in his life, he was never going to be a pro wrestler forever none of them will, he was fortunate enough to have something else to do earlier than most. The man's current career has a lot of demand on his time, it's not hard to believe that it would take 7 years to come back, it's not like he's making great B movies like Austin does(I loved "Knockout," that Hector kid was a dick), hes making big time movies and, yes, I include "Southland Tales" in that category. Anyway, when The Rock left, he did the right thing and put guys over on his way out, it's not his fault that they fucked it all up.

He is airing the dirty laundry for everyone out there. He is saying that these guys were talented and yet they got fired. He is putting it out there for everyone. Some agree with it and some, like you, do not.

It's stupid to do so, there are any number of reasons for those guys to lose their jobs, it's easy for him to say that since he's not the one making those decisions. What do you do when you don't have anything for Colt Cabana but you have something you can work with I don't know, The Boogeyman and there's only one spot left? It doesn't mean that he isn't good, they just couldn't use him. If he was any good, he'd go somewhere else and make a name for himself like Austin did.

Their finishers got over only after they themselves got over. Rock was using the Rock Bottom since 1997 and the People's Elbow since 1998 but no one was talking about them till he himself became a world champ. I remember commentators talking about the Rock Bottom as a side slam or something when he was a midcarder.

That's what I fuckin' said, The Rock got both moves over.

Same with DDP. He worked hard at getting his finisher over with the crowd but that did not happen until he was a bit over. The Spear would not have been noticed much had Goldberg lost ten matches and then won one or two. Lesnar got over due to a combination of his size and his speed which was unique for a big guy like him. And yeah, he did have a noticeably impressive physique.

We can go ahead and agree to disagree with DDP because Al Snow could do the Diamond Cutter and get over. Why do you think that Orton's boring promo cutting ass got over that quickly as a heel without Evolution, his finisher is the shit. The cutter just may be the best finisher of the last 20 years, it's a strong race with the Stunner and the F5. Yeah, Goldberg won a lot of matches in a row but it's been documented that the streak was something that they happened to notice one day and then used as part of his gimmick. Before that, he was the motherfucker using the spear where I'm from. Why are you repeating me? I already said that Lesnar got over due to his size and speed, the F5 was a big part of him getting over since the move was so unique and "devastating." His physique was impressive but nothing new. Lex's physique in his prime would blow Lesnar away. Bobby Lashley had a similar physique and he was nowhere near a over a Brock was.

Austin got his finisher over by using it regularly in his matches in the summer of 1996 against midcarders. Needless to say that the Austin 3:16 moment took place before that.

The speech didn't get him over, King of The Ring is never what gets them over, it's what they do after they're crowned that get's him over. He got it over as his finisher but when he started stunning people left and right who had nothing to do with anything just because they displeased him, that's when the finisher got him over was the rattlesnake that will strike at anything.

Uh yeah and there is nothing wrong with any of Punk's finishers. Once he is well established and has a few more victories under his belt, you will be able to understand this fact. A finisher can never hinder a wrestler. It can take him to new heights but it does not work the other way round.

Starship Pain hurts Morrison, it looks like he never does it right. The Playmaker made MVP look stupid.

How the hell is he floundering exactly? This is all internet speculation, there is no proof to this at all. Punk and HHH have not had a single match as yet and already you think that the feud is floundering. Just how can you reach that conclusion, I would like to know?

He's floundering because he's doing the same thing over and over, the only difference between him and a guy like Primo is that he's more noticed. His angle isn't going anywhere other than I want change.

Punk may not be as hot as he was after his shoot promo but that does not mean that he is failing. Really, it is becoming increasingly apparent that you are just waiting to jump on his back.

Again with the projection and telling me my thoughts. Jump on his back, like you jumped on his dick? I said that I didn't think the guy was that good, this is an open forum and you are open to argue your counter point but all you've done is talk like he's your lover or something.

The way you have worded your posts make it very apparent that you have a wafer thin reasoning to your posts. You say Punk's finishers are unrealistic when similar finishers and sometimes even more ridiculous finishers have been executed by similarly built and on occasions smaller men and have gotten over. You say Punk cannot look good against Cena whereas he has already looked like gold against Cena. You have problems with him talking shit to HHH when numerous other wrestlers from different eras have done so in the past but you cheered them on for doing so. But when Punk has done it, it seems like blasphemy to you.

My reasoning is supertight, you just don't like it. The problems I have with him now are the same ones I've always had and, despite those problems, I always like him because I thought that straight edge was a good message to put out there and he was unique among the rest but he was never that good. I have problems with him talking about shit that is pretty much irrelevant and, if he's shooting for real, he's attacking Paul Levesque the man, not HHH the gimmick. I cheer for actual angles and gimmicks, not a guy that complains. Someone said it in a previous post on this thread, why do you think Shane Douglas never made it out of ECW?

You say that Punk has not made much impact by his bitching when he has forced the fucking chairman of the company to resign from his post. On top of all this you have made silly blanket statements as to how internet fans claim that Punk is the greatest mic worker of all time and how he is the next Austin when I have myself never heard any of this stuff. You have done all this just to make yourself seem smart and it is high time that someone called you out on your bullshit.

He didn't force Vince to resign, as I remember it, the board of directors sent HHH to tell him that he's been relieved of his duties as chairman. Sure I generalized the IWC because that's the general consensus, if it didn't apply to you then don't respond. I don't need to make myself seem smart to a bunch of people that I will never meet. I just wanted to state my opinion about your apparent boyfriend, you're the one that took such offense.

=There is nothing wrong with stating your opinion but you must learn to back it up as well.

I've backed up everything I've said, learned to listen to someone's response fully even if you don't like it.

just because uv trained in muay thai and mma doesnt automatically make u better than everyone else. MMA guys dont work well in pro wrestling. case in point. UFC legend, hall of famer and at one point the baddest motherfucker on the planet. Ken Shamrock. if ur logic is true then ken shamrock is probably the best pro wrestler in the world. no ken shamrock and another mma fighter steve blackman were both nothing special in the wwe.

hell iv been training mma for the last 2 years and i have a 3-1 amateur record and im not gonna say im better than the wwe superstars. yeah maybe id get in a kick or two or a knee to the gut but if a guy like john cena or randy orton whov trained in pro wrestling nothing eles grab me im pretty sure theyd pummel my ass till i wont be able to stand. pro wrestling nowadays is almost 50 % mma in any case. the wwe guys and even hopefuls must be training in basic boxing, kick boxing and/or jiu jitsu or judo. just some are more trained in them than others like cm punk. submissions and knockouts (which are rare but present) are mma, jiu jitsu, judo, boxing. muay thai etc. concepts. wrestling used to be just pins, nothing else. the ankle lock used by kurt angle and jack swagger. guess who invented it. an mma fighter named ken shamrock. the crossface. another jiu jitsu move. undertakers hells gate. the gogoplata another jiu jitsu/mma technique. being an mma fighter does not automatically make u a better wwe wrestler although it adds to ur character and personality in the ring.

and are u really comparing cm punk to cain velasquez. velasquez is 240 pounds. cm punk is billed 222. BILLED. that doesnt mean its his real weight. if velasquez did what he did to brock lesnar, cm punk wont even have time to say im the best int he world before velasquez punches his lights out. cm punk is not at par with any pro fighter in the ufc or strikeforce or even titan fc. hes where he should be... pro wrestling.

back on topic.

I like CM punk. I think he can cut a pretty good promo. hes one of the best ring workers right now. not just because of his little mma background. but because hes a good technical wrestler and because he works well with the other guy which is one of the skills wrestlers nowadays lack.

i still think cm punk is cutting good promos including the one this last week on raw. yea hes whiny and bitchy but i think thats on purpose. the IWC love him because of his ring work and shoot promos. i have issues with when he overacts. like when he was retching during the nash/hhh/punk thing and said that he was acting. i thought that was pretty lame and im surprised they didnt just stomp on his face when he was rolling on the ground.

as to being compared by the rock. ok lets get real. ur comparing cm punk who is a decent mic worker and an extremely good (but not the best ever) in ring worker to the man who could captivate millions by talking for as little as 30 seconds. i remember when the rock saw the wwe magazine featuring the hurricane on the cover. the rock made something like that funny as hell. at the same time a few years back he ripped hhh a new one when he said that the reason they kept him down wasnt because he wanted to say goodbye to his friends at msg but because he (in short words) absolutely sucked. i dont see cm punk doing anything like that and i dont think anyone should expect that from cm punk. cm punk can be serious. he cant be funny. not because he cant (he really cant) but because it wouldnt square with his gimmick nobody in the wwe can be funny now. not even supposed comedian john cena. the only funny guy i see now is r truth.

fact is. the rock stone cold hbk hhh taker kane big show foley edge christian hardyz even shane mcmahon belonged to an era of wrestling when wwe had the best talent they could dream of. they dont anymore. im sorry but hard as they may try the pg era cant live up to that era even if they included naked divas, playboy covers, blood, gore, hardcore wrestling and setting on fire. its gone and it isnt coming back. yea u get glimpses by guys like the rock and stone cold returning but thats about it.

cm punk is one of the best in an era where the best isnt all that high as it used to be. people should deal with it and enjoy the rare moments when the guys they cheered for when they were young return.

You didnt understand what the coversation was about did you? He said that CM Punk cant fight and would get beaten up by gym junky wrestlers. Thats a dumbass comment if you know Punk is trained in fighting and the way his strikes pop someone out. I NEVER SAID MMA MAKES YOU A SUCCESS IN THE WRESTLING WORLD.

You should read before you comment. I didnt say Punk is as good as Cain Velasquez, i said Velasquez took down someone almost 2x bigger than him with ease. Idiots are saying Punk cant hold his own and would get his ass kicked by other wrestlers need to relise that Punk isnt small, hes as tall as Cena and he has a pretty big body. Punk is a trained fighter and if you put him up against a gym junky that will try to grapple you, Punk will kick their head off.

No offense, i've had this conversation tones of times and ALOT of the guys on the internet say they are trained fighters ect Im not saying your not telling the truth, im just saying, CM Punk would probably be alot bigger than you. When you said that you would get your ass handed to you by Orton and Cena, its obvious that you would. But dont EVER compare yourself to a Pro wrestler and a trained muai thai fighter in CM Punk

Alot of you guys need to calm down, your judging him too soon and bitching about his every move. You make it sound like the Rocky became the Rock in a week, just chill and watch before you can judge.

Or you can be a bitch and say the same old IWC speach that you have the right to say blah blah blah bitch bitch bitch

You can't look at a guy and say he's too small he could never beat that guy. Wrestling isn't real its about suspending your disbelief so you can be entertained for a few hours. If it was real Rey Mysterio would never beat a guy like Kane. Punk is the best because he is the most entertaining and physically talented superstar in the biggest wrestling company in the world. No offense to Angle but wrestling in TNA isn't gonna put him number one on anyone's list. Punk was getting alot of mainstream attention before when he cut the shoot promo and WWE didn't capitalize on it enough and the steam died down. But I have no problem with him coining himself the best in the world cuz he has the talent to back it up.

I agree with SyndicateSaint. If being repetative pissed you off, then Cena's repetative superhuman transformations would have been off the television by now. What some of the people don't get is Punk is actually entertaining. And that's very rare in the WWE right now. That leads me to the IWC problem. There was a time once when hating cena was cool. Then it became "Iam not a cena fan, but iam not a hater either." Then why the fuck are you commenting on him. Now the cool thing for the IWC is to hate CM Punk. Then it will be something else. Guys please give your own opinion. Don't hate just for the sake of hating. Now back to the topic. Yeah he's not the best in the world. No one in the world can claim that title right now. But he is the best the WWE has to offer right now. And him whining and bitching is there because he is still not a full-fledged face. Isn't the whiny bitching guy the new defination of heel for the WWE? Think about it.

Eat a dick.

That would be a rather unnatural thing to do.

What he believes to be reality, then he's still speaking from his truth and his truth is that he's just complaining about shit but not doing anything about it. He's just being a smartass but nothing has any teeth because he's just rewriting history as if he's never been champ or shit like that.

It may not be that he really believes what he is saying. He could be saying all that to brainwash people into rooting for him and then at the end of it all he could finish off by pulling a heel turn. That is what happened in the Summer of Punk storyline in 2005 in ROH which bears a marked similarity to what Punk is doing now.

Or take another scenario. Suppose Punk cuts a promo at NOC before his match saying that it is not that he could not have shown how much of a hypocrite HHH is on the microphone but for once he has decided that the time for talk is over and it is now time to fight. Punk then goes out and fights a great match and has HHH beat when HHH wins by some sort of interference thereby turning heel. Next night HHH comes out and says that Punk has been right all along when he said that WWE likes big guys and that they deliberately held Punk down at times but there is nothing Punk or anyone else can do anything about it.

There is still a lot left in this story and the only reason it has been stagnating for a while is that they have saved all the action for NOC. It is just the way they have booked it and not an indicment on Punk's talent.

Okay, I'll give you Hogan back but doesn't Austin tell the story of how he came up with his gimmick? Something about getting the ring name, "Stone Cold," from something his wife said about drinking the tea she made for him while it was still hot, didn't he? Or how about when he said that he got the idea of the gimmick after watching the HBO documentary on mafia hitman Richard "Iceman" Kuklinski in prison. The Rock said that his gimmick was basically telling the fans what he felt about being booed when he was being a face when he first became a heel. Hell, Flair got his gimmick from Buddy Rogers but he still decided that it was the gimmick to use.

Austin basically got his nickname from that tea story. Stone Cold can be the nickname of a badass or even a cold ruthless fighter, somewhat like Dean Malenko. I don't know the documentary story but it is not as if Austin just told Vince that he is going to use this gimmick and that was it. He probably had talks with Vince and then they both decided on the gimmick. Also Austin's gimmick evolved a bit over time and there is no evidencesuggesting that only Austin was the inspiration behind it.

I am not saying that they did not have any influence over their gimmicks but it would be downright silly to suggest that the WWF team had no influence over the gimmicks.

Even if Hogan was given the gimmick, he still made the gimmick his.

And Punk has made this internet warrior gimmick his as well. Part of why you are not liking him now is because he seems so much like the person you talk to on the internet about wrestling. His gimmick is all based on opinion, you may choose to like him or you can choose to hate him. It's your choice and from all your posts it seems that this gimmick is working well.

How long does it take to move the story further for Punk? The only thing that's changed is that he's fighting someone else. The face/tweener dynamic isn't hurting it, we've seen plenty of face/tweener feuds that have progressed with better pacing than this like Austin and HBK's earlier interactions. They paced it beautifully as rivals with the same cause against the Hart Foundation, sometimes they worked together and sometimes they had matches against each other.

The Austin/ HBK interactions were a different thing altogether. They were forced to team with each other because they had a common enemy. The hatred between them in 1997 was nothing like the hatred between Punk and HHH now. Austin and HBK were just resenting the fact that they had to team with each other, they were not gunning for each others throats as Punk and HHH are right now.

Punk vs HHH is a feud that is involves both parties trying to prove the other wrong and since both parties are partially right and are also being projected that way, the audience is getting confused. The battle lines need to be drawn more clearly before the feud proceeds any further.

I didn't label him a failure yet, it's going that way unless something happens at NOC.

That is exactly what you are not getting. Something is bound to happen at NOC because the storyline has been designed in that way. The story will move forward at NOC but not before NOC but it seems that you just don't have enough patience.

Bitchy? If I'm bitchy, your mama's bitchy. No one painted him a lost cause, I initially said that he wasn't that good. Just because you can't handle someone not trying to ride the same dick as you are doesn't mean he's not liked. I just said that he has a lot of holes in his game.

It's clear as a sunny day that you are bitching. Punk has just two weeks of repititive promos and that too because the story has not been designed to move forward and you are all "Hey look, dumb internet marks Punk isn't as good as you are all making him out to be. You all suck and I am great"

Also humor me this? Why is the whole blame falling on Punk? Punk has insulted his family and his wife, so why isn't HHH getting physical with Punk? Oh because the storyline has been designed that way. Do you get this fact now?

If you were imitating me, you'd just make your point without trying to dig at me, stupid ass. See? Now I'm imitating you again, this is fun. Also, the stunner being a jawbreaker can indeed knock you out. If you take impact directly to the chin or jaw, the hinge of your jaw is pushed up into your brain knocking you unconscious, hence the boxing phrases "weak chin" or "glass jaw."

Some guys have a weak chin, not all. We have all seen many Stunner like moves not even get a one count and sometimes they do not even knock a wrestler off his feet. Someone could have used this reason to hate on Austin if they wanted to.

Kayfabe these nuts, I know it's staged. Letting Angle power out of it did nothing but make it look weak, they should've had him maneuver out of it being technically superior.

Yeah, but no one else thought that way. That's the beauty of kayfabe. You can get away with small logical loopholes like the one I talked about just like you can get away with Punk making any big guy tap from the Vice.

The point that I was making is that Benoit has a better chance of doing it due to being roided up, I can believe that he can put a hold on The Big Show and keep it there. It also goes back to my original point, Angle, Benoit, and Bret were big enough where you could believe that they could make a larger guy tap after working on him for an entire match. Punk doesn't look like he's very strong compared to the guys in the ring with him and he couldn't make a guy tap even after working on them, there's a reason that Nash said "hit the gym."

Oh please, Angle and Bret are not much bigger than Punk. If it was believable for them to make someone tap, it is the same for Punk. They are billed at almost the same height and weight, for your information and their bodies look almost similar.

Here have a look at their images.

CM-Punk-Undergoes-Surgery.jpg

83.jpg

bret-hart-signs-with-the-wwe-20091216031907730-000.jpg

Now, where the hell is Punk looking noticeably less strong than Hart or Angle? It's just a figment of your imagination.

Please, everyone I knew that watched the show with half a brain at the time knew what time it was and, if you couldn't make that observation then kill yourself because life is much more of a challenge than noticing someone getting so big and ripped in such a small amount of time.

And of all the explanations that you could think of for Benoit making Show tap, you went with Benoit being on roids? You could have gone so easily with the fact that the Crossface was a deadly submission hold that Benoit had mastered by practicing for long hours inside the Hart Dungeon.

I guess it's time for the defend Cena's wrestling ability moment. Cena's a much better wrestler than most of the roster, just because he isn't overly technical or a high flier or does those MMA kicks everyone thinks he sucks.

Another idiotic blanket statement. Plenty of people understand that Cena is a good wrestler.

His gimmick negates the majority of his offense, he's not billed as any of those things, he's billed as a simple brawler that wins on sheer guts and determination. If Cena changed his gimmick to someone who actually wrestled, Punk wouldn't look good because Cena's move set would be augmented by his strength.

Wrestling is about more than just offense and plenty of people rate him as the best storyteller and ring psychologist in the WWE presently. Plently of people think that he is a great wrestler even in his present gimmick.

Punk puts him in the Vise, Cena uses his power and technique to escape it and puts a hold of his own on if he doesn't counter it outright. Punk's good in the ring but someone like him isn't going to look against the true heavyweights especially with his lack of speed and quickness for his size, let me ask you this. How do you know that it wasn't Cena making him look good?

And Punk then counters Cena's hold because he is not only strong enough to break the hold that Cena had used but also flexible and agile enough to counter it into a move of his own.

As for Cena making Punk look good, that is true but Punk also made Cena look good too. Both are very good sellers and both sold each others offense very well and the counters that both men used were top notch indicating that they were equal in almost all aspects with Punk having a slight edge over Cena in speed and Cena having a slight edge over Punk in strength.

When a true heavyweight wrestles Punk, he is going to do his best to make Punk look good as well. Did you miss the match between Undertaker and Punk when Undertaker was involved in this vegetative state storyline. Look how good Punk looked in that match.

I'm not arguing for the 619, it's probably my least favorite thing in pro wrestling history.

But people still buy the 619 as a finisher that can finish off even superheavyweights. Your personal opinion has nothing to do with facts.

Kurt Angle used the Ankle lock in the same vein as Bret using The Sharpshooter or Flair with the Figure Four. He works on that part of the body so that when he slaps it on, it's to painful to think of how to counter it other than shit like grabbing the ropes or turning the Figure Four over. Also, they often do kick Angle off of the Ankle lock but what does a good ring psychologist like Angle does? He comes back to it and grapevines so that you can't shake him off and thus has to get to the ropes.

How does Kurt work on the ankle, I would sure as hell like to know? He is more of a suplex into submission type of guy who would try to beat the hell out of you with multiple suplexes and then lock in the ankle lock when you are down because if you stay in that manouvre for a while without being able to counter it, it will become very painful and you will have to tap out. Why can't Punk's Vice be booked in the same way?

As for the grapevine, yeah it is perfectly believable that a grapevine would prevent Big Show from grabbing hold of the ropes.:rolleyes:

Unless your lips have touched that person's ass, kissing ass is a subjective view point. He could say that Cena's kissing Vince's ass, why? Because he did something he asked him to do? He's your boss, that's how you progress in the company. You can be talented but what's the use if the boss doesn't think he can trust you with more responsibility or that you'll squander it because you're not that interested in it? The Miz is moving up the same way that Cena has from what I understand but, since he's a heel instead of a face, he gets love. I didn't like The Miz for the longest but he's grown on me since his title run and I think that he and Truth are the best things going. They're basically saying the same thing as Punk but they're doing something about it, which holds my interest more.

Why thank you for agreeing with me! The definition of kissing ass is a subjective one and some people may side with Punk in this case. Just because you think that Punk is wrong does not mean that everyone in the crowd thinks tht Punk is wrong.

Also it is about more than just not having trust in your ability. The issue is well documented that initially the top officials in the company were prejudiced against Punk just because he was a top indy star and someone whom Paul Heyman backed. Paul Heyman, one understands is not too popular backstage. That prejudiced point of view that people backstage have held against him is what Punk is trying to address.

Guess what, only a handful at best are rallying around him, everyone else doesn't care and a lot of the ones that did are starting to go the other way. I know the NFL's back and their ratings were doomed from the moment the lockout ended but I don't recall a significant ratings spike when he first started the season started either. No one actually cared outside of people who watched anyway. I like how you attack my intelligence, another personal attack. You can't just make your point, can you, child?

Oh you dolt, you do not get it do you?

Punk gave his shoot which in turn forced Vince McMahon to take some rushed and incorrect decisions. The day on which Vince was relieved from his duties, WWE was in a mess. Their company's champion was no longer with the company and their most popular superstar was going to be fired. All this which stemmed from Punk's shoot took a shocking move to restore the balance of things.

The purpose of a rally is not to get people to chant with you, it is to make an impact and Punk certainly made an impact.

It's not that he's getting over by insulting HHH, he's done a shoot at least once talking shit about his wife. Where I'm from, you beat a man's ass for that.

And in kayfabe, HHH is going to do just that. How is Punk's behaviour now different from Jericho insulting Steph in 2000 to Rock, Austin and Orton doing the same?

How do you know that The Rock doesn't love the business? The man just has another job now, if Austin loved it so much, why'd he leave it twice just because he was unhappy with shit like putting Brock Lesnar over? The Rock did whatever was asked of him when he was doing it full time and moved on to another chapter in his life, he was never going to be a pro wrestler forever none of them will, he was fortunate enough to have something else to do earlier than most. The man's current career has a lot of demand on his time, it's not hard to believe that it would take 7 years to come back, it's not like he's making great B movies like Austin does(I loved "Knockout," that Hector kid was a dick), hes making big time movies and, yes, I include "Southland Tales" in that category. Anyway, when The Rock left, he did the right thing and put guys over on his way out, it's not his fault that they fucked it all up.

Oh it's not my point of view. All I am saying is that some people do feel this way about The Rock and maybe Punk was trying to milk the reactions of all those people.

Or maybe it was mentioned because Punk wanted to heel things up initially in this storyline. Him talking down Rock stopped once he started getting face like reactions on a regular basis.

The thing that you are not getting is that all of this is beng done to further a storyline. Punk is not just saying these things for the sake of saying these things. And since when is everything that is spoken on a pro wrestling show the absolute truth?

It's stupid to do so, there are any number of reasons for those guys to lose their jobs, it's easy for him to say that since he's not the one making those decisions. What do you do when you don't have anything for Colt Cabana but you have something you can work with I don't know, The Boogeyman and there's only one spot left? It doesn't mean that he isn't good, they just couldn't use him. If he was any good, he'd go somewhere else and make a name for himself like Austin did.

Cabana is possibly one of the most famous independent wrestlers today. Austin had the opportunity of going to a rival company that was doing business on the same level, Cabana does not. And like I said that while the reason may not be that, but some people do believe that Cabana was unjustly fired and how is it a bad thing to play up their emotions to advance a storyline?

That's what I fuckin' said, The Rock got both moves over.

Yeah but Rock would have never gotten those moves over had he been stuck in the midcard.

Starship Pain hurts Morrison, it looks like he never does it right. The Playmaker made MVP look stupid.

How has either move hurt them? This is once again your opinion, not fact.

He's floundering because he's doing the same thing over and over, the only difference between him and a guy like Primo is that he's more noticed. His angle isn't going anywhere other than I want change

And like I have mentioned before it is because the storyline is designed that way. Tell me this, why isn't HHH doing something different too? If Punk is doing the same thing over and over again, so is HHH. Where are all the HHH hating threads?

My reasoning is supertight, you just don't like it. The problems I have with him now are the same ones I've always had and, despite those problems, I always like him because I thought that straight edge was a good message to put out there and he was unique among the rest but he was never that good. I have problems with him talking about shit that is pretty much irrelevant and, if he's shooting for real, he's attacking Paul Levesque the man, not HHH the gimmick. I cheer for actual angles and gimmicks, not a guy that complains. Someone said it in a previous post on this thread, why do you think Shane Douglas never made it out of ECW?

Your reasoning is bullcrap as has been shown in the entire course of this thread. You feel that he is talking about irrelavant stuff, not everyone else, you feel that his finishers do not go along with how he looks, not everyone else. You feel that he is attacking Paul Levesque when everyone else has understood that it is just being done for the sake of a storyline.

He didn't force Vince to resign, as I remember it, the board of directors sent HHH to tell him that he's been relieved of his duties as chairman.

I've already shown above how wrong you are in this matter.

Sure I generalized the IWC because that's the general consensus, if it didn't apply to you then don't respond. I don't need to make myself seem smart to a bunch of people that I will never meet. I just wanted to state my opinion about your apparent boyfriend, you're the one that took such offense.

No that is not the general consensus. Prove it to me that it is the general consensus. Show me ten posts on this forum labelling Punk as the greatest mic worker of all time. Show me ten posts where fans have labelled Punk as someone who is as good as Austin. Punk is a great entertainer, and that is what most of his fans think of him, nothing more and nothing else.

And till you don't prove all this don't try to push what you feel that Punk's fans feel about him as the general consensus.

I've backed up everything I've said, learned to listen to someone's response fully even if you don't like it.

And like I have proven throughout the course of this entire thread, all your reasoning is bullcrap.

And this is why they annoy me, I just said that he isn't that good and look what happened. This isn't as much about Punk anymore as it is about me. I say Punk isn't very good on the internet and everyone defends him like they're fuckin' him or something. They don't counter my view point for the most part, just lay into me about being a "hater." I was watching a video about Undertaker and Brock Lesnar and, for some strange reason they started to discuss CM Punk. I stated my opinion with everyone else's and one guy picked a fight with me, I'm still waiting for his response.

I just asked if you like him, then why do you feel the need to make a topic about "I like him, he is great but not THAT great". What's the need or purpose, you are either annoyed that people are having fun or pretend like they are having fun or you want to try to ruin their fun, my point will still stand even if you do 30 millions replies about it, sorry.

First, you don't know shit about me, you need to stop projecting. Second, most of Cena's fans are dick riders because most of them are children who don't know anything other than they like this person so they don't really count as dick riders and women who actually want to ride his dick.

2 things here, first you may want to spread your attention less, because 2 replies ago I told you that I didn't knew anything about you and I wouldn't try to pretend like I do, and notice the usage of "to ME, it SEEMS like". In social classes your learn to use ME and SEEMS without really attacking the person so you can have a constructive debate and not get the other person into a defensive mode by making them feel attacked, but I guess my efforts to avoid that were lost on you.

And 2, the more I read your posts, the more I am convinced that I wasn't wrong so I will make a judgment, you are EXACTLY like the guy who love an indy band and is annoyed when they go mainstream, let's face it that's the reason you made this topic, stop denying it when you admitted that dick riders are getting you mad. When a band start doing main stream songs and some people start liking them because it's cool, some people will say "Yeah they are good, but they are not that good... they used to be better when they were doing indy jigs", that sounds like someone to me.

Disclaimer: I am not saying you always act like that, I am not saying you act like that with music artists or groups and I am not pretending to know you. I made a tangible comparaison with another feel to try to give a concrete example and resume of your point of view in that particular case.

You still can't say he was over looked being a 5 time Champion, I don't care what anyone says, they put the belt on you and you become the face of the company. That's why The Undertaker told him what he told him. It may be a prop to the people backstage but it signifies that you are on top to the people who are watching at home.

Of course I can, that's what opinion are for, I am stating my opinion and you are stating yours. You are 0 right to tell me what I can or can't do just like I don't have any rights telling you what to do. For me he was overlook because he should have been the topc heel of the company and he wasn't. He should have been the topc heel because he was the most hard working guy on the roster, he was putting awesome speeches and performances.

Someone can be overlooked even if he his the champion when he is given the belt as an afterthoughts. Remember when there was a heel DX reunion with Stephanie in it with Torrie and they were coming out to "The Kings" theme instead of the original DX theme? They put the title on Big Show and Big Show was having matches in the first hour, while DX and HHH where the main event.

Sheamus and Swagger have been champion can't we say they are overlooked now? Or at least were a couple of weeks ago.

Speak for yourself, I'm a fan of pro wrestling that's posting on a forum, I don't go to arenas and chant like it's 1997. I don't have a short attention span, I'm a big supporter of stretching out angles, hell, I'd prefer if they'd slow things down. I wish they'd go back to the old school format of a few top level PPV events a year then "Clash of The Champion" type tv events on the off months. It would allow them to stretch the angles out since there are less big events where the title would likely change hands. That's why guys could hold onto the belt for so long 20-30 years ago. When you have a PPV every month at least, it condenses everything. It's not really an attention span thing either, it's that most of the fans are fickle and jump on whoever is the flavor of the month.

Most of the segment that I cut out of this reply are because I agree with you, but I agree so much with this one that I wanted to repost it, plus you kind of put me as a stupid member of the IWC so I had to rectify it.

I wasn't speaking for myself but for the majority of people here. I always said it, there should NEVER be 2 PPVS in the same month calendar. Bring it down to 6 or 8 and lower the price and I will buy EVERY PPV and it would also help the product.

I never said to stop rooting for him, I don't know where people are getting that. I said that I don't see the big deal, he's not as entertaining as he was a year ago when he was the Straight Edge Messiah. That was literally my favorite gimmick since Brock Lesnar's Next Big Thing gimmick. Dick riders always annoy me because they act like you're supposed to like it because they do. I do like Punk, he's just not as good as everyone thinks in my opinion, if you share it, cool. If not, that's cool too.

I hope by now that you don't put me in the dick riders category and that I made myself clear enough about it, but my next argument can apply whether you think I am one or not.

I know you are not asking people to stop rooting for him and I don't think that anobody is asking me to like anybody on this forum, I was just saying that you can love Punk less than a year ago, but why do you need to post it and try to ruin other people fun, stop replying for one second and just think about the train of thoughts here based on YOUR replies so far.

You are annoyed because people like him and are dick riders, they are "forcing" you to think like them, so you get tired of it and make a topic because you want them to stop thinking that Punk is SO great.

I could make 30 foot long replies and keep replying to this forever but we are always back at my first post and my point will always stand.

And I gave you my reasons for liking Punk, so don't try to act like I am just attacking you and never give anything to counter any points, it all comes down to I like him and you like him, just not as you used too.

I mean I could go and talk to every couple I see on the street where one is uglier than the other or one is fatter than the other and tell them "WTF are you doing with that person, you may be in love with him but come on look at him" but that you just be mean.

I am just trying to make you see the "mean" motive out of your thread and how you shouldn't let them matter to you or annoyed you because the only thing that matters is how you feel about something, not how others feel. That's just my way of seeing things at the point I am in my life, and again you don't have to agree or get in super defensive mode if I am wrong.

Stop projecting on me, I'm not angry at anything, it's you who descended upon me for stating my opinion about Punk as a performer today. You can't think that Punk won't be addressed when The Rock finally gets back with all the shit he's been talking and The Rock is much better than Punk on the mic. He's too quick on his feet and he's more than witty, he's funny but what really gets me about people's attitude towards The Rock is the sellout thing. Just because neophytes from in the WWE are saying it, it must be true so people on the internet just jumps on the bandwagon because it's the hip thing to do.

Again I am not projecting on you, and even used the "it SEEMS" approach like I explained to you earlier. I've been watching wrestling for 20 years (and no it doesn't mean I am better than you or anything so don't get angry or defensive about that and don't get defensive about me asking you not to get defensive I just wanted to prevent it IN CASE you may take it the wrong way, not saying we would... can I stop here, we have an agreement? Fine) and I will admit it when The Rock made the Scorpion King it was amazing, we were happy and proud that a wrestler was in there.

Then he made Walking Tall and the jungle movie that I can't remember the name at the moment and he made more and more and was away more and more. And it hurted, it hurted because The Rock could be gone for months and the product would be awful. Then he would come back for 3-4 months and the product was ELECTRIFYING (yeah I used that pun) again and you would realise how bad the rest was. Then he was leaving again and coming for a month or two feud with HURRICANE for Christ sake and he was overshadowing the whole product, he was THAT good. He was exposing the weakness of the product and the fact that WWE had no star beside him.

Then he left and started to ask people to stop calling him The Rock and all those things. Today in retrospection I know why he did it, wrestling was a laughing stock for Holywood and he wanted to be see as more than just a wrestler, he wanted to make it as a actor, but back then... It was a spit in the face, he was a sellout and he turned his back on us. And Cena was right in interviews with newspaper and website when he was asking the Rock to shut up already, because the Rock was always saying I love wrestling, wrestling is in my blood, but would never show up for special occasion because he wanted to put a distance between him and wrestling.

But when The Rock came back for the Smackdown! aniversary I forgot all that because he is THAT good and because today I can understand why he's been doing it. We all know why he did it but it doesn't change the fact that he walked away from wrestling for 7 years. Of course a lot of people may still say he is a sellout because they think it's cool, but to be honest I didn't saw that many of them since Rock came back, either that or I just don't let them bother me and get to me, I know how I feel and that's what matters.

And on a small note I know how good Rock is, but I also know that Cena was able to hold his ground against him by being in the "reality" side of things, so I can't say FOR SURE how Punk would fare against The Rock, I just can't. Maybe The Rock will own it, but I am sure that Punk could hold his ground and expose him and take some good shot at him.

RD_21, The Rattlesnake, I don't know what the deal is with you two. I don't know if you actually are CM Punk, I don't know if you're fucking him but you seem to be the only two that can't grasp that I've been saying that I like him but I don't think he's that good or, at least, you're the only two that can't stand to see someone not like what you like. I don't like him anymore or any less than I have before despite thinking that he's regressed as a performer that doesn't mean I hate him because he's suddenly the soup du jour now. All I've done is put my opinion out on a forum that's designed for discussion and opinions, if you can't handle that, fine. This is the end of this conversation between me and either of you. If you see me talking about something else other than CM Punk, feel free to make a counterpoint, if I see either of you talking about CM Punk, I'll leave you alone. Other than that, the conversation about CM Punk between either or you and I is over, this is the last time I'm talking about this with you two.

RD_21, The Rattlesnake, I don't know what the deal is with you two. I don't know if you actually are CM Punk, I don't know if you're fucking him but you seem to be the only two that can't grasp that I've been saying that I like him but I don't think he's that good or, at least, you're the only two that can't stand to see someone not like what you like. I don't like him anymore or any less than I have before despite thinking that he's regressed as a performer that doesn't mean I hate him because he's suddenly the soup du jour now. All I've done is put my opinion out on a forum that's designed for discussion and opinions, if you can't handle that, fine. This is the end of this conversation between me and either of you. If you see me talking about something else other than CM Punk, feel free to make a counterpoint, if I see either of you talking about CM Punk, I'll leave you alone. Other than that, the conversation about CM Punk between either or you and I is over, this is the last time I'm talking about this with you two.

It's not just because I want to have the last word, but I told you in the previous post that I know that you don't hate Punk, so why make your reply sound like I can't grasp that little concept. I just questionned the motivation behind the I love him but not THAT much thread, asking you why does it matter to you that some people enjoy him that much and you try to counter that argument with why does it matter to you that someone don't like him.

I just don't get it, I told you that I don't care that some person hate him, just like I don't particulary like Cena and some people can be in love with him and I will never dispute it. Anyway I could keep developping my previous post but I think there's no use to it anymore as I would just start to repeat myself, so anyone feel free to read my last reply that was my most elaborate one on the subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back