Haiku Hogan Presents: Random Pointless Tournament Predictions

I'm glad I haven't been ranked in any list. Fly under the radar and pull off the shock upset. That's my plan.

I'm glad I haven't been ranked in any list. Fly under the radar and pull off the shock upset. That's my plan.

Funny you should say that, my last panelist just put you on his.

Radar my ass

... Damn!

Well, there's always Plan B - Feed Blade enough coke and hookers to buy the tournament. Shouldn't be too difficult, he's a "one and done" kind of guy.

That eerily seems like a Constantine move...

But if it's a Constantine move, can he really wind up with the world title?

Oh, snap! So, when are the final lists coming our way?

Oh, snap! So, when are the final lists coming our way?

Just as soon as I get one panelists rankings. From here, I'm going to every day list off the contenders in these ranks;

A win is always nice... And in some cases needed

One and done

Long shots

Sleeping giants

Dark Horses

Favorites

I'll start with the guys who should worry more about winning a match, than the tournament

Now that I'm back, I'd better be ranked as a dark horse or better. If not... well I guess I'll bitch to creative or quit. :lmao:

Now that I'm back, I'd better be ranked as a dark horse or better. If not... well I guess I'll bitch to creative or quit. :lmao:

:lmao:

I think, objectively speaking, you and I will fall under the same bracket. What that bracket might be, I have no idea. But I do think we fall into the same category. We have been around for a while and been moderately successful. We both have years of experience behind us.

But, we are both using new characters and no one really knows what to expect of them just yet. With that in mind, I doubt we will get anywhere near the favourites and that might play into our wheelhouse a little.

:lmao:

I think, objectively speaking, you and I will fall under the same bracket. What that bracket might be, I have no idea. But I do think we fall into the same category. We have been around for a while and been moderately successful. We both have years of experience behind us.

But, we are both using new characters and no one really knows what to expect of them just yet. With that in mind, I doubt we will get anywhere near the favourites and that might play into our wheelhouse a little.

Well, Coberer's actually existed longer than Reese so he's not exactly new.

Both of you scaldy fucks are gonna ruin the system :lmao:

Just kidding, I think I know what I'm going to do. Which is why I'm going to sort of start today.

I'm still waiting for one more panelist, but at about 1, prepare for the odds to be released

Both of you scaldy fucks are gonna ruin the system :lmao:

Just kidding, I think I know what I'm going to do. Which is why I'm going to sort of start today.

I'm still waiting for one more panelist, but at about 1, prepare for the odds to be released

I'm working on it right now, sorry about that

TIER I: THE FAVORITES

1. Sam Smith
2. Celeste Crimson

I only put Sam ahead because he has a better record of coming through in big matches. Both are coming out of a loss at KC, but either could be unbeatable if they hit a hot streak.

TIER II: RIDING ON REPUTATION

3. Rush
4. Wasabi Toyota
5. Ace Stevens

Rush has been AWOL most of the most recent cycle, or else he’d be in the top tier. Ace and Wasabi haven’t quite reached the level of success they had before their respective hiatuses (hiati?). If any of these three can put it all together for the tournament, they should be considered along Smith and Celeste as the favorites.

TIER III: I WASN’T EXPECTING YOU

6. Blade
7. Dr. Zeus
8. Grand Mystique

I like Blade. Sue me.

Zeus hasn’t been in a situation where he was a target like this quite yet, especially with the names potentially in this tournament (FalKon with Sandy is/was a far cry from FalKon with Kurtesy, in my opinion). Blade and Numbers (as Reynolds) both have had a cup of coffee in the main event; this would be a chance for them to stay there.

TIER IV: NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

9. DC
10. James Howard
11. Isabel Stone
12. David Whitman
13. Mason Westhoff
14. Mikey Stormrage

Izzy messes up the name for this tier, just like a true heel. She’s really come into her own since her return, but let’s see how she does in her biggest challenge yet. This group contains most of the leftovers from the Strikeforce/TSA feud and in all honesty, this was the most difficult group to order. I could see any of these 6 being the dark horse to make a big run to the finals, especially DC since he is riding a big wave of momentum coming out of DC.

TIER V: NOT COMPLETELY OUT OF THE QUESTION

15. Matt Tastic
16. Bobby Adams
17. Dr. Coberer
18. Mr. Alhazred

New characters leave Dave and Remix down here. They both have shown they can bust out a nice run of RPs, but a tournament like this is a tough place to debut. Tastic and Alhazred are both coming off big wins, but I’m not sure they have the consistency to make it far, even though I have always been a big fan of Tastic/Baez/Killjoy.

TIER VI: I’D MAKE OTHER PLANS FOR THE PAY-PER-VIEW

19. The Beard
20. Ricky Runn
21. Alex Bowen
22. Amber Warren
23. Joe West

Bowen has no confidence, Runn is running (no pun intended) out of steam with his current gimmick, The Beard has just kind of been there since LGM left, and Warren hasn’t proven himself/herself (I think JAM is a guy, but the character is a girl. VAGUE PRONOUN SITUATION) to me enough yet. Any of these four could end up in the 2nd round and maybe even 3rd with a good draw, but nothing past that.

I went ahead and put Dynamite as West here. He was good with Krypto, but Joe West was not good. There’s a chance he’s improved enough that things can go better this time, but I won’t hold my breath. For those interested, Krypto would probably be between Adams and Coberer in the tier above.

TIER VII: ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT

24. Grizzly Bob
25. Jimmy Flynn
26. Thrash
27. Angel
28. Dustin Hunter

Bob is on the border between this and the next tier up, but he hasn’t really beaten anyone yet that I recall. All of these guys have potential, but haven’t been able to really achieve anything for one reason or another. Nail down your gimmick, plan out where you want to go in the next couple of months, and show Creative that you are ready for higher profile matches and feuds.

TIER VIII: WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?

29. Theron Daggershield
30. Joey Sexton

They haven’t RP’d before, so I can’t put them over anyone currently in the fed.

And with that, our panel is set! Now, as soon as a certain poster PM's me, I will post the first technical oddsmaker post!

Haiku Hogan: "Hello, boys and girls, and welcome to Haiku Hogan's oddsmakers! The name of the game is simple; for the past three days, our expert panelists have been locked in this cell for three days, and-"

Saboteur breaks the obviously paper mâché wall down, tripping over himself, a la Shockmaster. He gasps for air, and turns his eyes to Haiku Hogan.

Saboteur: You! You promised us all luchables if we took part in this panel! Where's our lunchables?!

Haiku:Heh.... I, er, um, a... I thought maybe you guys were doing this out of the goodness of your hearts?

Saboteur: Goodness of or hearts?! Do you see the people I've been locked with for three days?! You, sir, are the worst panelist picker known to man, and known to probably some monkeys. You leave us all with Celeste, who's been a real bitch since Kingdom Come. And what's worse...

Saboteur looks left to right, making sure no one can hear him. He gets close to Haiku Hogan, and whispers into his ear.

Saboteur: James Howard thinks that Celeste's dead family is haunting us.

Haiku stares at Saboteur in bemusement, unsure of where this is going and a little uncertain he wants to know.

Haiku:.... Dead family?

Saboteur: Yes!

Saboteur realized he shouted, and looks around again, before getting in close to whisper to Haiku,

Saboteur: I mean, yes. He keeps talking about how Celeste's "Aunt Flo" is visiting her. And I don't know about you, but I didn't have any visitors, and I didn't see any visitors coming in. So, this cell must be haunted by Celeste's family!

Haiku's look of bemusement has not changed on his face at all. He can't muster the words to respond to Saboteur.

Saboteur: Speaking of death, James Howard looks like he's about to murder everyone in the room. I mean usually he's pretty ugly, but now e looks like ass warmed over. Sucks to be him, right? So look, if you're going to lock us in a haunted cell with ugly, ugly men, then we better get some lunchables for it!

Haiku: OK! I'll get you the damn lunchables!

Saboteur: On behalf of my cohorts, this is an acceptable end to the situation.

Saboteur walks back to the cell, and walks through the paper mâché wall.

Haiku: Right... Well, any minute now, our expert panel will finish their rankings of the competitors of the WZCW roster. Once they're done, we'll use our patented formula to find who has the best odds of winning this tournament. How do formulate these odd? Easy.

1.Who has the most momentum coming out of Kingdom Come: Sometimes when you're on a by streak, you just can't be beat. And certain posters are coming out of KC with big victories. But not everyone can win at KC. If you were doing well before the end of Kingdom Come, it can only help you in these odds. If not, well, maybe you should focus on getting some momentum back.

2. Character potential: Sometimes a character has great potential, and is fresh and ready. There are some great character ideas with a lot of ways to go. Succeeding in the tournament. If you're character is burnt; well, you get the idea.

3. Our panelists rankings: this may be the most important component; how do our experts feel you're doing. This should be relatively simple to figure out.

Now, as you may know, the mandate that champions couldn't compete recently was passed down. This mandate arrived just a day after I sent out the requests. As a result, I'm going to amend the rankings, to leave those characters. On the last day, I'll include a "what if", just for kicks.

Also, recently some new (and old) faces were also included into the tournament, all of which were missing on some rankings, partially because some had never rp'ed before. Thus, they will appear in a separate post, as "Off". They are on the bracket, but off the betting odds, especially when they can't meet all the components of the oddsmaker.

So, in about an hour or so, we'll start, with the characters that are "Off" the bracket; the wild cards who could do some serious damage, if they hit a stride.

I could see any of these 6 being the dark horse to make a big run to the finals, especially DC since he is riding a big wave of momentum coming out of DC.

:unsure:

DC is an immaculate being.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back