Goldust and R Truth

J.J.

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Last night on Raw we saw a backstage segment that involved Goldust proposing a tag partnership with R Truth. In retrospect it kinda reminded me of Goldust trying to form a partnership with Booker T some years back. I feel they'd be an interesting comedy tag team if WWE went this route. I really thought a month ago this was what they were going to do with Titus/Stardust. What does everyone think of the possibility of these two teaming?

Both Goldie and Truth are too skilled to leave on the bench for long. I could get behind this. Goldust is an established veteran who gets decent reactions from the fans, and R-Truth's antics are usually well received by the audience. Both guys are past their prime, and they realistically shouldn't be major threats to the titles, but as a comedy jobber team they could get some life.

I believe that:

"Something is better than nothing!"

So A comedy jobber team is somewhat relevant and is therefore better than just being there irrelevant.

An idea for this can be- Goldust/R-Truth VS Stardust/Titus O'Neil at pre-show of Fastlane where the former team wins leading to Goldust VS Stardust at pre-show of Wrestlemania 32 where Stardust goes over. Post-Wrestlemania, He can be booked as atleast a mid-carder. :rolleyes:

:devil:

I like the idea of these two together. Goldust can still go in the ring even if he's on the latter part of his 40s. R Truth had the funniest moment in the Royal Rumble I've seen in a long time and can embrace any character they give him to work with. I'm all for these two being paired up and hopefully they'll allow Goldust to be Goldust a little more to pull it off.

I always found Goldust to be one of the most naturally funny characters in WWE history. He always found some sort of way to crack me up. All in all, I think Goldust is pretty underrated by most fans. Here's a guy who was given chicken shit throughout his entire career and always found a way to turn it into chicken salad, and I see it being no different with Truth. Put these guys together, give them some air time, and they have a chance to replicate what Goldie and Booker did all those years back. Don't forget that Booker/Goldust were never supposed to go to the heights that they did, but the chemistry was so incredible that they became the most over team in the company at that time.

Both these guys are old and on their last legs as competitors, but they have a chance here to do something great. If handled correctly, this team could be damn good for a short period of time.

I always found Goldust to be one of the most naturally funny characters in WWE history. He always found some sort of way to crack me up. All in all, I think Goldust is pretty underrated by most fans. Here's a guy who was given chicken shit throughout his entire career and always found a way to turn it into chicken salad, and I see it being no different with Truth. Put these guys together, give them some air time, and they have a chance to replicate what Goldie and Booker did all those years back. Don't forget that Booker/Goldust were never supposed to go to the heights that they did, but the chemistry was so incredible that they became the most over team in the company at that time.

Both these guys are old and on their last legs as competitors, but they have a chance here to do something great. If handled correctly, this team could be damn good for a short period of time.

Do you believe this is an avenue WWE is going at with Goldust where he simply asks wrestlers every week for a period of time to be his partner ultimately leading him towards asking Stardust? I like the idea of him and R Truth more but I wouldn't want to exclude any other possibilities that may be there.

Do you believe this is an avenue WWE is going at with Goldust where he simply asks wrestlers every week for a period of time to be his partner ultimately leading him towards asking Stardust? I like the idea of him and R Truth more but I wouldn't want to exclude any other possibilities that may be there.

Jeez I hope not. I don't think they'd go back to Stardust/Goldust so soon after they broke up. That team was on their last legs a year ago, there's really no reason to pair them up again. If it's going to be anybody, I would want it to be Truth. At least than, we're guaranteed some entertaining stuff, right?

Never say never, but I think we're more likely to see Goldie spending a month or so trying to convince Truth to be his partner. In my opinion, based on what we saw on Raw, they're going to re-hash the Booker/Goldust thing almost to a tee. I could of course, be wrong though.

Last night on Raw we saw a backstage segment that involved Goldust proposing a tag partnership with R Truth. In retrospect it kinda reminded me of Goldust trying to form a partnership with Booker T some years back. I feel they'd be an interesting comedy tag team if WWE went this route. I really thought a month ago this was what they were going to do with Titus/Stardust. What does everyone think of the possibility of these two teaming?

The instant I saw the skit I was taken back to 2002 and the seamingly strange pairing of Booker T and Goldust. I remember being baffled at the time as to what they were doing with Booker, months earlier he had been having PPV matches with The Rock and The Undertaker and even had a brief TV feud with Steve Austin. It all seemed doomed to failure but Booker/Goldust turned out to be one the pleasant surprises of the year. A solid underdog tag team that fans got solidly behind. Hopefully this is something what will work for Goldust and R-Truth today, although both are in their forties both can still go. With The Usos growing ever more stale and New Day/Dudleyz having been done to death they would provide a decent short term solution until tag teams can be called up from NXT. Plus Goldust proposed a cool name "Golden Truth", I'm all for it.

Makes sense. And while I never see them beating New Day for the titles, a feud between the five could be a lot of fun. New Day could be rude and disrespectful and Golden Truth could just act stupid.

I could see all five square off and R-Truth step over to New Day's side. The fans could see it as a giant heel turn but then Xavier could ask Truth what he is doing and Truth could throw out one of his patented "My bad"s, "I thought I was with the black guys" and we all could get a good laugh.

I assume they will follow up last night's "partner" segment with Goldust explaining his actions and R- Truth giving a "My bad" and the team will be formed.

No pun intended by Goldust is TV Gold, no matter who he's teamed with or whatever situation he's in, he manages to make it work. I actually think he was wrestling as good as ever up until his last injury.

R-Truth is a good fit as his partner, how successful they will be, I don't think we're talking Tag-Champs material, but they will certainly work as a filler.

I think the segment was actually quite funny. I think they would make a great comedy tag team, though the WWE tag team scene is still a little thin...the NXT tag ream scene is JAM PACKED! I hope a "tag team revolution" will be coming sometime after wrestlemania....but I am waffling here.

When truth tried to get a ladder into the Royal Rumble thinking it was a ladder match, I lost my shit...I found it laugh out loud hilarious. As I have done with most of his crazy gimmick antics. I think the backstage segments between the two, and the opportunity to see two fantastic in ring performers would be worth the television time, so Its a big YES YES YES from me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back