GCB's WWE

GCBRAW.png

MONDAY NIGHT RAW – LIVE!
Monday February 28, 2011 | Little Rock, AR

[YOUTUBE]m3IJDwwlOB0[/YOUTUBE]​

As the RAW crowd excitedly cheer and hold up their signs, JR and King introduce RAW and hype up the fact that two more RAW superstars will tonight get their shot at earning their spot in the WrestleMania WWE Championship match when they face either WWE Champion, Wade Barrett, or Number 1 contender, Triple H. We are reminded that if either win their matches with Barrett or Hunter, they will be added to the title match.

“THIS FIRE BURNS”
*** CM PUNK ***
CHICAGO, IL

Dressed in jeans and a custom CM Punk t-shirt, the former SMACKDOWN World Champion slowly walks out. He doesn’t look a happy bunny right now as he drops to his knees, checks his watch and yells out “It’s Clobberin’ Time!” before heading on towards the ring. As he nears the ring, JR suggests that Punk is not happy about being traded by SMACKDOWN General Manager Michael Cole to RAW. King says it is the best thing to happen to Punk and hypes him up further by saying he is “delighted that Punk is on RAW” and suggesting he is one of the best in the WWE. Punk is in the ring and he demands a microphone as his music is faded out.

CM PUNK: It’s no secret that I have not had a good last eight days here in the WWE. It’s no secret that I am not the happiest I have ever been here in the WWE. First of all, at Elimination Chamber eight days ago, I lost my World Heavyweight Championship inside the Chamber. I was in an almost impossible situation – facing five other men. I was the World Champion but did I get any preferential treatment? No. Nothing. No championship advantage.

Punk is obviously not impressed with how things went down at the Chamber.

CM PUNK: After Jeff Hardy eliminated me, I didn’t whine and cry about it like some might. I accepted the blow, I moved on and focused myself on my rematch. On RAW last week, I let Undertaker know how serious I was about regaining MY title and headlining WrestleMania. And then on SMACKDOWN, you all saw it, I had the great Deadman beaten.

Punk signals to the tron for the replay of the end of the World Championship match that opened SMACKDOWN last Friday.

LAST WEEK ON FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN:

Another “Un-der-ta-ker!” chant breaks out as the Kansas City crowd attempt to encourage him but things are not looking good here. Punk saunters over to the Deadman and grabs his arm … ANACONDA VICE! CM PUNK HAS THE ANACONDA VICE LOCKED IN HERE IN THE CENTRE OF THE RING! Undertaker struggles and strains but Punk has it locked in perfectly, he is screaming in determination as he refuses to let Undertaker power out of this. And there is little Taker is able to do, he tries hard to fight back but Punk is unrelenting and he keeps wrenching it in as much as he can to try and force the tap out. Unfortunately for Punk, the other official that came down is now helping the stricken referee out of the ring through the ropes and, unlikely as it seems that he will tap out, there would be no official there to make that call if he did. However, Punk keeps the Anaconda Vice locked in and Taker is now showing signs of weakening, his attempts at escape seem to be struggling more and appear more and more futile. Punk screams out “Tap, you son of a …” as he desperately locks it in further, can he force the Deadman to do something he has never done in his career – unless you count the fake submission that Punk caused in a previous feud! The referees are now outside the ring and nobody notices somebody coming through the crowd and jumping the barricade … It’s JOHN CENA!

What is Cena doing here? With the referee’s back turned, Cena slides into the ring on the blindside of Punk and the crowd unleash nuclear heat on him for being there. What is Cena going to do? CENA DROPS DOWN BESIDE PUNK AND STARTS SMASHING HIM IN THE HEAD OVER AND OVER! Punk, shocked and completely caught out, releases the Anaconda Vice as he is destroyed by Cena who appears fervent as he costs Punk a chance at victory. Taker, unaware completely of what is happening, rolls away in pain but Cena continues to rein down the blows on Punk. Grisham and Foley have no idea why Cena is doing this, nobody seems to, but he continues until the referee on the outside, the one helping the dazed one, suddenly realises what is happening. Steadying the first official on his shoulder, he waves to the timekeeper to end the match – Undertaker has been disqualified!

WINNER
(via DISQUALIFICATION at 15:35)

CM PUNK
(The Undertaker retains World Championship)

As the replay ends and Punk’s face returns, he looks annoyed and rightly so. He shakes his head and visibly composes himself before continuing.

CM PUNK: Once again, my World Championship reign disrespected. John Cena, he so wants to end the Streak, he decided to cost me my World Championship. John Cena came out and attacked me to cause a DQ. And when I complained about it to the SMACKDOWN so called General Manager, what did Cole say? He said that sometimes that is the way things work in the WWE.

Punk is simmering with rage, that is quite clear.

CM PUNK: How dare Michael Cole treat me that way? How dare Michael Cole disrespect everything I have done on SMACKDOWN? Instead of doing the right thing, Michael Cole traded me here to Monday Night RAW. Now, I have nothing against RAW, I watch it every week. But I am not a RAW guy right now. I have unfinished business on SMACKDOWN. I deserve to either return to SMACKDOWN for a fair shot at the Undertaker. Or I should be entered into the WrestleMania World Championship match. I don’t mind beating both Cena and Undertaker.

The crowd react positively to that idea – Undertaker vs. Cena vs. Punk at WrestleMania 27 for the World Championship?

CM PUNK: I have said before that I don’t care what anybody thinks of me. I don’t care if the board of directors like me or not, I don’t care whether the WWE management like me, I don’t care what the locker room thinks of me and I don’t care what the WWE Universe think of me either …

Boos for this comment from Punk.

CM PUNK: All I care about is being treat the right way. So, tonight, I am demanding that I am traded back to SMACKDOWN so that …

“NO MORE WORDS”
*** JEFF HARDY ***
CAMERON, NC

Punk’s rant is interrupted by a man who needs no introduction to the man from Chicago –his arch rival, Jeff Hardy. As the crowd pop for the arrival of Hardy, we are reminded by JR that, as well as Punk, Michael Cole also traded Jeff Hardy to RAW in return for an as yet unknown RAW superstar. Jeff heads for the ring and slides under the ropes before running to the corner and saluting the fans Hardy style. As Jeff bounces back to the mat, he is handed a microphone and Punk angrily reacts to his arrival.

CM PUNK: Jeff, what the hell are you doing here? Why are you …

JEFF HARDY: Punk, Punk, Punk, please do us all a favour and shut your mouth? You came out here tonight and one of the first things you said was – “I didn’t cry and whine about it like some might!” … Yet here you are, crying and whining about the way you lost the World Championship.

Cheers for the words of Jeff Hardy.

JEFF HARDY: Our issues go back an awful long way, Punk. You don’t like me and I sure as hell don’t like you but let me give you some advice. Get over it. You’re here on RAW now, just like me, there are new challenges for you to face and a WWE Championship to target.

CM PUNK: Much as I hate to ignore the advice of a recovering drug addict, Jeff, I …

Boos echo around the arena for Punk’s snide insult.

CM PUNK: I have no intention of taking the advice. Get over it? Tell me something, Jeff. Why the hell should I do that? Why the hell should I accept the treatment I have had from Michael Cole and John Cena? Huh?

JEFF HARDY: Punk, trust me, I agree with you, you have a right to be angry. But have you stopped to think about why you might be being disrespected?

Punk looks quizzically at Jeff as if daring him to continue his tirade.

JEFF HARDY: Let me tell you, Punk. You don’t respect anybody else. It’s all about you, man. If people don’t live their lives the “CM Punk” way, the “Straight Edge” way, you think you’re better than them. Now tell me something, is that respect? Respect is a two-way street, Punk, if you want respect, you got to earn respect.

CM PUNK: Ho, ho, you really want to get into this argument do you, Jeff? Take a look at your life and your career, Jeff. Tell me that “Straight Edge” hasn’t made me better than you.

Jeff reacts negatively as he gets into Punk’s face over this comment.

CM PUNK: Back off, Jeff. The truth hurts. I never asked for your opinion, Jeff. I certainly have no intention of proving that I am better than you again.

Jeff shoves Punk hard in the chest after he drops the microphone. As Punk stumbles back a little, he drops his microphone and then steps back towards Hardy. However, just as it seems the tension is about to blow …

“SEXY BOY”
*** SHAWN MICHAELS ***
RAW GENERAL MANAGER

Out onto the stage comes Shawn Michaels, dressed in a suit tonight, and he heads down the ramp. HBK signals for his music to be faded out as he heads towards the ring and lifts a microphone to speak …

SHAWN MICHAELS: Gentlemen, please, not now.

Punk and Hardy split apart and turn to face their new General Manager as he nears the ring. As HBK steps up onto the apron, he smiles to the two newest RAW recruits.

SHAWN MICHAELS: First of all, let me be the first here tonight to say – “Welcome to Monday Night RAW!” I am sure that both of you will be incredibly successful here, I am delighted to have you.

CM PUNK: Shawn, no offence but I am not …

SHAWN MICHAELS: I heard you, Punk, but I have some bad news. There is no way that you are going back to SMACKDOWN’s roster now. The trade is complete, the contracts have been signed. Like it or not, you are a RAW superstar.

Punk looks at HBK angrily but there is a mixed reaction to the news in the arena. Some are happy that Punk is now on RAW, others less pleased.

SHAWN MICHAELS: Punk, I understand why you are angry with Michael Cole and John Cena but business is business, I’m afraid. I agreed with Michael Cole, at Elimination Chamber, that if you lost the World Championship, you would be traded to RAW. That is now set in stone, no going back.

Punk is not impressed at all and he shakes his head, he is trembling with frustration here.

SHAWN MICHAELS: However, Punk, I do have two bits of good news for you. Please hear me out. I respect your in ring ability more than anybody here in the WWE, I am excited to have you here and I believe that you are going to be one of RAW’s great superstars – along with Jeff here – for years to come.

Punk begrudgingly calms down a little and he listens to HBK’s words. The General Manager is now inside the ring and stood between Punk and Hardy.

SHAWN MICHAELS: Like I said, I believe I have two pieces of news that you will be pleased with. First of all, Michael Cole has agreed that this Friday night on SMACKDOWN, you will make one final SMACKDOWN appearance when you face John Cena one on one!

Cheers for this announcement; Punk smiles. He wants revenge on Cena for his actions last week during his title rematch.

SHAWN MICHAELS: Secondly, well, this also concerns you too, Jeff. You see, last week I announced that four men would face either Triple H or Wade Barrett, one on one, for the opportunity to be added to the WrestleMania WWE Championship match. Kurt Angle and John Morrison failed to beat Triple H or Wade Barrett last week so it still stands as Wade Barrett vs. Triple H right now.

The crowd sense where this is going; Punk and Hardy are listening carefully now.

SHAWN MICHAELS: However, there will be two matches this week and two more chances for the match to become either a Triple Threat or a Fatal 4 Way come WrestleMania. And gentlemen, you are the two men who will be given that chance.

Cheers for this announcement and both Hardy and Punk look pleased.

SHAWN MICHAELS: Later tonight, CM Punk will go one on one with the Game, Triple H …

Punk’s eyes widen as he digests this information.

SHAWN MICHAELS: And Jeff Hardy will face the WWE Champion, Wade Barrett.

More cheers from the crowd.

SHAWN MICHAELS: Therefore, I would like you two to go backstage, prepare for your matches and begin your careers as RAW superstars later tonight with a golden opportunity.

Applause and cheers for Shawn Michaels as he waves to the crowd and the RAW theme music restarts as Punk and Hardy face each other once more. HBK seems to tell them to focus on their matches later and they split apart once more and back off; Punk exits the ring and heads for the stage with the knowledge that he has a chance tonight to earn a shot at the WWE Championship and then, on SMACKDOWN this Friday, a shot at redemption against John Cena.

***** COMMERCIAL BREAK *****

RAW returns with RVD making his way down towards the ring …

“ONE OF A KIND”
*** ROB VAN DAM ***
BATTLE CREEK, MI

The former ECW star is handed a microphone as he steps into the ring. His music ends and the crowd chant his name … “RVD! RVD!” echoes around the arena for the popular RAW superstar. He grins and jumps onto the middle buckle to salute the fans and point his thumbs to himself.

ROB VAN DAM: You know, it is that kind of reaction that keeps me coming back out here night after night! In the last couple of months since I returned to the WWE, things haven’t gone well for me. Last week, I vowed to get back on track when I faced Sheamus – but it wasn’t to be.

RVD shakes his head with a tinge of disappointment before continuing.

ROB VAN DAM: But tonight, that changes. Tonight, I am calling out Sheamus for another match and this time, this time I will beat him and set my sights on reaching WrestleMania 27.

RVD smirks as he says WrestleMania 27 …

ROB VAN DAM: I mean, what would a ladder match be without … Rob … Van … Dam?

The crowd chant along with RVD as he speaks his name.

ROB VAN DAM: So, Sheamus, get out here, man. Tonight is my night!

RVD throws the microphone out of the ring towards the timekeeper before turning to the stage and waiting for the arrival of the Celtic Warrior. He waits …

and waits …

and waits …

and waits …

“HE’S MA DA!”
*** HORNSWOGGLE ***
IRELAND

RVD looks on confused as Hornswoggle comes skipping out onto the stage and down the ramp. He has a sinister look on his face, as he always does since his alignment with Sheamus, and approaches the ring looking directly into the eyes of RVD. However, there is a commotion behind RVD … SHEAMUS BARRELS INTO RVD FROM BEHIND! RVD goes flying head first into the turnbuckle and lands with a crash, Sheamus rips off his t-shirt as the referee signals for the bell …

* DING *
* DING *
* DING *

SINGLES MATCH
RVD vs. SHEAMUS

Sheamus’ attack does exactly what he intended it to do and allows him to dominate. The Celtic Warrior punishes RVD for daring to believe that he could defeat Sheamus tonight and it appears that Sheamus is intent on harming RVD here tonight. The commentary team hype Sheamus up and he picks RVD apart with power and precision. Can RVD recover?

ENDING: The turning point comes when Sheamus looks to hit a Brogue Kick after smashing the hell out of RVD’s chest in the ropes. However, RVD, quick as a hiccup, manages to avoid the Brogue Kick and Sheamus’ leg is hung up over the top rope, RVD uses a series of kicks to take Sheamus down. As Sheamus staggers up, RVD locks his hands around Sheamus … German Suplex! RVD has Sheamus’ shoulders down for the pin …

1!
2!
NO!

Sheamus rolls out of the pinfall!

RVD comes off the ropes though and hits a spinning heel kick that crashes Sheamus back down before he hits the opposite ropes and hits Rolling Thunder as well. Sheamus is taking a little longer to recover now and he swings wildly at RVD but misses – Springboard Back Kick from RVD sends Sheamus down again. With the Celtic Warrior down, RVD looks to take his chance and he leaps up to the top rope … FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH! NO! Sheamus gets his knees up and RVD lands on the point of the knees instead! The crowd wince as RVD rolls away clutching his gut and coughing and spluttering in pain. RVD rolls to a corner and then slowly pulls himself up with the ropes … BROGUE KICK! SHEAMUS HITS THE BROGUE KICK TO RVD! It’s academic but Sheamus makes the cover …

1!
2!
3!

WINNER
(via PINFALL at 06:36)

SHEAMUS

RVD is feeling his jaw as he rolls out of the ring; another false dawn for him as he fails to get the victory he desperately wants to reignite his faltering WWE career. However, the green clad warrior, Sheamus, has another big win over RVD and he pounds his chest in victory. The commentary team hype Sheamus’ victory and claim that he seems to be unstoppable right now as he heads towards WrestleMania. But what will Sheamus be doing at Mania?

Backstage switches the camera and we see Shawn Michaels on the phone. He is laughing and joking, he seems happier tonight than he has been, and he is speaking about tonight’s main event. However, his smile fades as somebody walks into the GM office: Rated R Superstar, Edge.

SHAWN MICHAELS: I’m going to have to go, man. Call you later.

HBK hangs up the phone and looks quizzically towards Edge who is glaring at him.

SHAWN MICHAELS: What?

EDGE: Well …

SHAWN MICHAELS: Well what? I haven’t got time for riddles, Edge. Tell me what you’re here for or get the hell out.

Edge shakes his head annoyed.

EDGE: Shawn, you heard what I told you last week didn’t you? You heard me threaten to take out an official complaint, didn’t you?

SHAWN MICHAELS: Of course, I heard you loud and clear, Edge. But I don’t give in to intimidation from you, I don’t give in to intimidation from anybody.

Edge shakes his head again and clutches at his blond hair.

EDGE: Shawn, I advise you to think. You’ve given CM Punk and Jeff Hardy, two losers from SMACKDOWN, shots at getting into the WWE Championship match at WrestleMania. But you are still deliberately, and unfairly may I add, ignoring your greatest talent. I am going to tell you one more time – I want a WWE Championship match at WrestleMania!

Shawn looks away and laughs to himself. Smirking, he looks back at Edge.

SHAWN MICHAELS: Tell me, Edge. When was the last time you won a match through your wrestling ability? Do you know? I do. January 17th, 2011. Over a month and a half ago, you beat John Morrison with a Spear.

EDGE: I have won many matches during the past month, Shawn. Whether they fit your criteria or not is irrelevant. I have won …

SHAWN MICHAELS: Irrelevant? I’m the RAW General Manager, Edge. I have every right to specify criteria for how I want to see matches won. When you haven’t won fairly for over a month, then I reserve the right to say that you are NOT in contention for a WWE Championship shot.

Edge looks ready to pop; he gets in HBK’s face.

EDGE: Michaels, I am going to word this carefully one more time …

SHAWN MICHAELS: I DON’T CARE, EDGE! You can word it how you want. I will not give you a shot at any title here in the WWE until the day you prove to me that you deserve it.

The two men stare at each other, both with their tempers rising, before Edge backs off a little with a smirk.

EDGE: Well then. You leave me with no choice.

SHAWN MICHAELS: I leave you with no choice?

Michaels’ voice is a low, quiet growl now as he gives Edge more bad news.

SHAWN MICHAELS: I don’t care what you want to do, Edge. Here on Monday Night RAW, I run things until somebody else tells me otherwise. And tonight, you won’t be challenging for a place in the WrestleMania WWE Championship match. You will be going out there and facing Randy Orton again …

Cheers for this announcement after Edge’s controversial win last week but Edge looks even more annoyed.

SHAWN MICHAELS: And, Edge, some advice. If you want to challenge for the WWE Championship match at any point while I am the RAW General Manger, try and win this one without cheating. You understand me?

Edge turns on his heels and exits the office as HBK looks on after him still looking angry. The camera zooms in on him before RAW exits for a commercial.

RAW returns with JR and King discussing a replay of Edge and HBK’s confrontation before the break. JR suggests that Edge needs to step up and prove himself; King says that HBK needs to be careful over what he says to Edge.

“METALINGUS”
*** EDGE ***
TORONTO, ONTARIO, CANADA

As Edge heads out, he is clearly unhappy over his treatment and is seen muttering to himself as he heads to the ring with no pyro this week. He slides under the bottom rope and throws his coat down in anger before turning to the ‘tron and waiting for the arrival of an opponent he knows very well.

“VOICES”
*** RANDY ORTON ***
ST. LOUIS, MO

As the Viper heads towards the ring, his past few months are recounted on commentary; from losing the WWE Championship, thanks to Cena, at Survivor Series, his battles with Cena at Vengeance, the Rumble and Elimination Chamber and the strange interference in his matches by Kurt Angle – for no apparent reason. Replays of the finish last week are shown with Angle costing Orton and allowing Edge to get the win in Orton’s hometown. Orton salutes the fans and is clearly ready for some redemption tonight as he goes one on one with the Rated R Superstar he once held Tag Team Championships with.

* DING *
* DING *
* DING *

SINGLES MATCH
EDGE vs. RANDY ORTON

Fast paced action from these two; Edge is angry with HBK and wants to take it out on Orton whilst the Viper is angry full stop right now and wants to take it out on anybody. Issues arise for Orton though when he goes for a crossbody and lands awkwardly and hobbles away with what appears to be a sprained or a twisted ankle. Edge, ever the opportunist, targets the ankle and spends the next five minutes in control and thwarting attempted comebacks due to Orton’s pain.

ENDING: However, Orton is eventually able to make the comeback as he catches Edge and hits a stunning spinebuster that crashes him down onto the mat. As Edge crawls away to recover from it, Orton manages to halt him and he drags him through the ropes … Hangman DDT! Orton goes for a cover, he is desperate to end this one without further damage to his ankle.

1!
2!
NO!

The Rated R Superstar kicks out!

However, Edge is on the backfoot a little now. He comes out of the corner fired up but misses his attempted clothesline on Orton; the Viper locks his chin and pulls him over his back into a perfectly executed backbreaker that leaves Edge struggling on the mat. Orton looks around the arena and the crowd cheer as they realise where he is building to. Orton whips Edge into the ropes and when he comes back … Snap Scoop Slam! Orton hooks the leg of Edge and goes for the pinfall again …

1!
2!
NO!

Another kick out!

Orton rolls away and prepares himself. As Edge staggers back up, Orton leaps up and hits a standing drop kick that connects with the chest of Edge and knocks him down once more. Orton is firing up and in trademark style, he drops down to the mat and begins pounding it as he prepares to strike. Edge slowly gets himself up, unaware that Orton is ready to pounce, he spins around … RKO? No. Edge shoves Orton forwards and face first into the turnbuckle, as he spins back off the ropes, Edge grabs Orton with the leg and lifts him high. He falls back … Flapjack! Just like that, the momentum swings back to the Rated R Superstar! He retreats to the corner and is pulling at his hair like a madman and crying out for Orton to get up. Up gets Randy and Edge straightens, he is ready to drive across the ring … Spear? No! Orton dodges and sends Edge on his way. However, he ends up colliding in the corner of the ring with the referee who ends up down in the corner and winded by the look of it. Orton steps up quickly … OLYMPIC SLAM! Orton strikes and down goes Edge, laid out on his back, Orton with the cover. The referee is down though and in some pain …

WAIT A MINUTE!

Orton is dragged off Edge by the legs! Joe Hennig and Percy Watson are here, Team Angle! Angrily, Orton leaps up and trades punches with the pair, Orton downs Hennig first, then Watson … ANGLE SLAM! WHERE DID KURT ANGLE APPEAR FROM? Quick as they appeared, Team Angle and their leader exit the ring and the referee never saw anything. The crowd are booing and jeering but what can he do? Orton takes a while to get up but he does, with help from the ropes, he turns round … SPEAR! EDGE HITS A HUGE SPEAR! Edge hooks the leg, the referee is back with us now …

1!
2!
3!

WINNER
(via PINFALL at 09:38)

EDGE

As the referee holds up the hand of the victorious Edge, Team Angle re-enter the ring and they start pummelling away at the head and shoulders of the Viper. Edge - content with another win – albeit controversial – slumps away with his hand up as the referee tries to stop Angle’s cronies from destroying Orton. However, there is nothing he can do as Hennig and Watson batter Orton down whilst Kurt Angle, now in the ring himself again, watches on. The referee demands that Angle stop the attack but he doesn’t listen. In fact, he pulls down his strap on his singlet and he grabs the injured ankle of Orton … ANKLE LOCK! ANGLE HAS THE ANKLE LOCK ON ORTON! Orton yells in pain as Angle locks in the hold and forces joints and tendons in directions they shouldn’t go. Eventually, Orton has no choice but to tap out to try and end the pain. Angle keeps the hold locked on for a few more seconds before letting go. He laughs and smirks at the tap out he caused before Team Angle make their way back out of the ring leaving Orton down in the centre of the ring – defeated and hurt.

GCBRAW.png

MONDAY NIGHT RAW – LIVE!
(continued)

RAW returns from the commercial with Matt Striker stood in the interview pit. He welcomes us and his guest – United States Champion Justin Gabriel. As the South African comes into view, he looks thoughtful but not his usual happy self. Striker reminds us that Gabriel last week asked Nexus for an explanation for why they kept interfering in his business and then asks if he has heard anything back from them.

JUSTIN GABRIEL: Not yet. I’m not holding my breath on that one.

Short and sweet from the US Champion who is clearly unhappy over the situation. Striker probes a little further and asks Gabriel if he has heard the suspicions and rumours that he may be enlisting the Nexus’ help and may know more than he is letting on. Gabriel looks unimpressed with Striker’s “accusation” and he takes a deep breath.

JUSTIN GABRIEL: Listen to me, Matt Striker, those rumours are … simply not true. At the Royal Rumble, when Nexus tried to protect me, did you not see my reaction? When they interfered in my match at Elimination Chamber, are you suggesting I was acting when I reacted the way I did? At Survivor Series, I made the biggest mistake ever – I won Wade Barrett the WWE Championship and gave Nexus the prestige of having gold. Since that day …

Gabriel looks away and gathers himself. Calmly, he continues …

JUSTIN GABRIEL: Since that day, I have regretted ever being involved with the Nexus. Whether they have Barrett on their side or not, I do not want them interfering in my business no more. I left Nexus for the benefit of my own career and I can categorically say, on the record … I do not want any help from Nexus.

Gabriel glares at Striker who asks him about his feelings about facing Cody Rhodes tonight on RAW.

JUSTIN GABRIEL: Cody Rhodes is like me, Matt. A young, talented WWE superstar trying to climb the ladder. I’m the US Champion but I’m a fighting champion. I will face anybody, anywhere, anytime and give opportunities to other people. Tonight is Cody’s chance. If he beats me, he will be right in contention for this …

Gabriel holds up the US Championship.

JUSTIN GABRIEL: He is going to be motivated as hell tonight. I got to go out there and give 100% for the WWE Universe and find a way to beat him. On my own. With no help from Nexus.

Gabriel turns and exits the interview area as Striker thanks him; the camera returns to the ring where Cody Rhodes is stood already watching the ‘tron …

“SMOKE AND MIRRORS”
*** CODY RHODES ***
MARIETTA, GA

Rhodes looks unimpressed by what he just heard as he waits for the arrival of the US Champion. JR and King suggest that Gabriel is right and that Rhodes is bound to be up for this tonight. King, sarcastically, suggests that he hopes Nexus stay out of the way here tonight.

“AFRICA RISING”
*** JUSTIN GABRIEL ***
CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA | UNITED STATES CHAMPION

Out comes the US Champion to a positive reaction and he salutes the fans as he makes his way towards the ring. JR presses King over his sarcastic comment and King suggests that he isn’t quite buying what Gabriel is saying; he says he just has a feeling that there is more to this than meets the eye. JR scoffs at this and describes Gabriel as being an honest guy as the South African hands over the title to the referee ready to start the match.

* DING *
* DING *
* DING *

NON-TITLE
SINGLES MATCH

CODY RHODES vs. JUSTIN GABRIEL

As you would expect from two of the WWE’s brightest young stars, we have a fast paced and energetic match as Justin Gabriel tries to deny Rhodes a huge win and the chance to get into US Championship contention. The match swings back and forth and both men take risks as they look to finish the other guy off. However, the match continues to swing both ways despite this with several counters and close calls. As the match winds towards its conclusion though, Gabriel’s former team-mates appear …

“WE ARE ONE”
*** NEXUS ***
DAVID OTUNGA, EZEKIEL JACKSON, HEATH SLATER & SKIP SHEFFIELD

ENDING: As Nexus appear, King groans on commentary but Gabriel’s eye is taken off the game as well. Despite being in control at this point, the appearance of Nexus causes Gabriel to become lax and he glares angrily out of the ring and gesticulates at them. This allows Cody chance to recover and he takes advantage. He leaps up and springboards off the middle rope as Gabriel turns his attention back to him … BEAUTIFUL DISASTER! Rhodes gleefully hooks the leg of the US Champion as he appears to have taken his opportunity …

1!
2!
NO!

Nexus’ Skip Sheffield grabs the foot of Gabriel and places it on the ropes!

The crowd don’t know how to react; they’re happy Gabriel is still in the match but unhappy with Nexus’ interference, again, in his match. King proclaims that there is something fishy going on as Rhodes looks down at Nexus warily. JR suggests that Gabriel was kicking out anyway as Cody drags the US Champion back up and sets him up for Cross Rhodes … However, Gabriel is able to counter and hits a DDT of his own to Rhodes to get him back in the match. Gabriel glances down at Nexus and he again confronts them instead of concentrating on his match. He orders them to leave but Nexus refuse and stand at the foot of the ramp looking threatening. Suddenly, Rhodes takes advantage again with a kick to the gut; CROSS RHODES! RHODES HAS THIS WON NOW SURELY?

1!
2!
3!

WINNER
(via PINFALL at 07:38)

CODY RHODES

As “Smoke and Mirrors” blares out around the arena, the crowd boo the outcome of the match as Cody Rhodes gets a huge win over the United States Champion. Gabriel’s distraction caused him to forget the danger posed by Rhodes and he paid for it big time. Rhodes exits the ring with his arm raised on the opposite side to Nexus as they slide into the ring under the bottom rope. What is happening here? Cody’s music ends as Nexus stand in a line facing Gabriel as he gets slowly to his feet. The crowd boo as Gabriel turns to face his “nemesis” … Are they going to attack him? Gabriel complains at the four of them about their continued involvement in his business but Nexus just eye him as if he were a juicy steak … and then they turn and leave! King doesn’t know what to make of this now on commentary – what is the Nexus’ justification for this involvement with Gabriel? As they back away up the ramp, Sheffield points to his armband and then to Gabriel who stares after them …

RAW returns with the angry face of the Rated R Superstar, Edge, in shot backstage. He is changed into jeans and a custom Edge t-shirt but he is stood with Josh Mathews who asks Edge what it is that he wishes to say. Edge grabs the microphone and shoves Mathews aside before glaring into the camera.

EDGE: I warned you, Shawn Michaels. I warned you last week, I warned you earlier. I have beaten the best RAW has to offer. You brought it up earlier, didn’t you? January 17th, I beat John Morrison with a Spear – 1 … 2 … 3! Which of us challenged for the WWE Championship at Elimination Chamber?

Edge leaves the rhetorical question hanging in the air; we all know the answer and how close Morrison came to winning the title at the Chamber PPV.

EDGE: I could forgive you for that, Shawn, if you saw reason. But you haven’t. Last week, in St. Louis, Missouri, I beat the hometown boy, Randy Orton. One of the biggest names in the WWE. But you still refuse to give me a title shot? Are you scared that I will upstage your buddy, I wonder?

Edge is clearly angry and close to breaking point.

EDGE: Yet again, tonight, I have proved my title credentials by beating Randy Orton for the second week running. However, later on, two guys from SMACKDOWN get the chance to earn themselves a shot at the WWE Championship – but I don’t?

Edge pulls an envelope out of his pocket and holds it up.

EDGE: You leave me no choice, Michaels. This here is a formal complaint over your treatment of me since you became the RAW General Manager. I will be delivering this to Chip Butty before I leave the arena tonight. You leave me no choice.

Edge drops the microphone and walks away seething with rage. The camera switches back to the announce table where JR and King discuss the latest events; how will this affect Shawn Michaels’ stewardship of Monday Night RAW? It is King that points out that HBK has been on shaky ground with Chip Butty anyway, could this prove to be another huge blow to him? JR suggests it might be before moving on to a replay from last week’s RAW …

LAST WEEK ON MONDAY NIGHT RAW:

As “Break the Walls Down” echoes around the arena, Jericho and Bryan receive a great ovation from the crowd for putting on a clinic here tonight. Jericho is clearly delighted with the victory and he takes in the adulation of the WWE Universe but he ensures that he checks on Bryan when he gets up. The two of them share an embrace in the centre of the ring which makes the fans happy before Jericho heads for the top buckle once more and allows Bryan to leave. As Bryan makes his way up the ramp though, he is suddenly attacked by a man who runs from the shadows and crashes a steel chair over the back of him. Bryan staggers, not expecting the chair shot, he spins around and the chair is jammed into his ribs as well. The spotlights highlight the area and we see that it is Husky Harris, the NXT Season 2 rookie, who is attacking Bryan …

HuskyHarris.jpg

As JR and King object on commentary, Harris grabs Bryan by the back of the neck and rams him face first into the screens at the top of the entranceway and Bryan smashes into them with a crash. As Bryan groggily recovers, Harris grabs him again and forces his head down so that he sets him up … POWERBOMB! ON THE STEEL STAGE! Bryan crashes down with a huge smash and Harris stands over him with a look of aggression in his eyes. Jericho has spotted the antics of Harris on the stage and he rushes out of the ring and up the ramp but Bryan’s attacker disappears through the entrance and leaves Jericho to tend to the fallen Bryan. He is clearly worried as he signals for the doctors to come over quick to see to Bryan …

As the replay ends, we see the interview area once more and Striker is there once more. He introduces his next guest: “Y2J” Chris Jericho! However, the smiling Jericho is not here tonight. He looks intense as Striker asks him for an update on Daniel Bryan.

CHRIS JERICHO: Last week, Daniel Bryan and I put on a great RAW wrestling match. Why? Because Daniel Bryan and I care about the WWE Universe. We care about providing them with the entertainment and the excitement that they deserve. Last week, Daniel Bryan and I gave everything we had, as we always do, face to face, one on one, like men … and put on a classic. You saw the reaction of the crowd last week, they gave us an standing ovation. And after the match, we shook hands like men.

There is a stern look on Jericho’s face despite the cheers we can hear for his words so far.

CHRIS JERICHO: Now usually here on RAW, I’d be here backstage or out there in the ring, holding the microphone and welcoming everybody to “RAW is Jericho” and saluting the “Jericholics” out there. But not tonight. Tonight, I came here for one reason. That lowlife scumbag, Husky Harris. The man who attacked Daniel Bryan from behind last week rather than be a man. The man who used a steel chair and a steel ramp because he knows he’ll never ever be able to beat Daniel Bryan in a wrestling match in a wrestling ring. And why?

Jericho considers himself before carrying on.

CHRIS JERICHO: Nobody knows. Maybe he wants to make a name for himself? Well, Husky Harris, you have your wish. Shawn Michaels has made me a match tonight with Ted DiBiase but I don’t want to face him. I want Husky Harris in the ring so I can teach that young pup a lesson in respect. But nobody has heard from Harris all week. Nobody knows where he is. Nobody knows why he attacked Daniel Bryan. Daniel Bryan is at home in Aberdeen, Washington, recovering from injury and likely to miss out on WrestleMania 27.

Jericho looks at Striker with a questioning look.

CHRIS JERICHO: Now I don’t know about you Mark but I don’t think that is right. I intend to put it right and take revenge on Husky Harris the minute he shows his face in the WWE. And trust me, what I have in store is nothing compared to what Daniel Bryan will have for you. Husky Harris, when Chris Jericho and Daniel Bryan are through with you, you will NEVER …

The crowd chant along with Jericho and shout “EVER” …

CHRIS JERICHO: … EVER … be the same … AGAIN.

An intense determined look from Jericho as he exits the interview area, Matt Striker thanks him and JR and King remind us that later, Jericho faces Ted DiBiase here on RAW. But first …

“END OF DAYS”
*** WADE BARRETT ***
PRESTON, ENGLAND | WWE CHAMPION

Huge boos for the arrival of the WWE Champion, his first appearance of the evening, he comes sauntering out oblivious to the reaction; in fact, he appears to be revelling in it. He stands on the stage and looks around before swinging his fist and shouting “Boom!” before heading for the ring. As he does, King hypes up the upcoming matches: Wade Barrett vs. Jeff Hardy and Triple H vs. CM Punk; if Hardy and/or Punk can win their match, they will be added to the WrestleMania WWE Championship match. In the next hour, we could confirm Barrett vs. HHH at WrestleMania; or we could add two more to it and make a Fatal 4 Way instead. Once in the ring, Barrett again punches the air before taking the title belt from his waist and hoisting it high to boos. Barrett smirks and turns his head towards the ‘tron.

“NO MORE WORDS”
*** JEFF HARDY ***
CAMERON, NC

A great ovation for the popular Jeff Hardy as he comes flying out from the back and looks hyped up and ready for action here tonight. He salutes the fans on the stage before signalling that it is time to hit the ring. As he rushes into the ring, JR says that Jeff came close to winning the World Championship at the Elimination Chamber just 8 days ago and that he now has his sights set on the WWE Championship instead – but he needs to defeat the champion here first tonight. As Jeff leaps up on the ropes, he salutes the fans once more but Barrett, ever the sneak attack merchant, throws the title down and attacks Hardy from behind. The referee quickly signals for the bell.

* DING *
* DING *
* DING *

NON-TITLE
SINGLES MATCH

(If Jeff Hardy wins, he will be added to the WWE Championship match at WrestleMania 27)

JEFF HARDY vs. WADE BARRETT

Barrett has the early control of the match thanks to his sneak attack. He pummels Jeff in the corner and comes close on several occasions to being disqualified. Realising that this is not a good idea tonight, DQ would mean that Jeff would win a place in the WrestleMania 27 title match, Barrett heeds the advice of the referee but the early damage is done. However, Barrett’s dominance lasts until a “Whisper in the Wind” counter from Hardy that takes the Brit down and he begins his high flying offence. It seems that Barrett has Hardy’s number though as he manages to get back on top when he avoids a flying dropkick from Jeff and counters into a Sidewalk Slam that shakes the ring. However, Barrett is unable to put Jeff away as we head into a commercial break.

When we return from the commercial, Barrett is dragging Jeff round the outside of the ring and making use of the barricades and ring apron – again, he is risking DQ as well as a countout now. He keeps rolling in and out of the ring to break the count but this backfires when Hardy is able to hit a shoulder block to the back of Barrett’s leg whilst the WWE Champion argues with the referee. Jeff then dodges Barrett and he goes shoulder first into the ring steps and is down. Despite hobbling back into the ring, Hardy does not get a countout win though as Barrett makes it back in on 8. The match is more even though now and Hardy is able to get in some offence as we head past the ten minute mark.

ENDING: The turning point arrives when Barrett regains control though. Another Sidewalk Slam crashes Jeff down and Barrett gets a 2 count before he uses a big punch to flatten Jeff once more. It is clear that Barrett believes he is close to ending things. He lifts Jeff onto his shoulders and looks to set up Wastelands but Jeff wriggles clear and manages to hit a dropkick to the back and kidneys of Barrett, he staggers forward and tumbles through the ropes. Jeff, crazy as ever, hits the far ropes and rolls through the air and over the top rope into a hellacious Suicide Dive move that crashes him into Barrett. Jeff drags the WWE Champion back into the ring and makes the cover; has he done enough?

1!
2!
NO!

He’s hurt … But Barrett kicks out just in time!

For the first time tonight, Jeff is getting some sustained offence though now. He waits for Barrett to get to his feet and then positions his head under the jaw of Barrett to hit a sit-out jawbreaker. Barrett is down once more and Hardy goes for another pin.

1!
2!
NO!

Barrett survives again!

The two men again get to their feet and Jeff sets for his version of the “Twist of Fate” that he successfully used during his time with the Hardy Boys. However, Barrett counters and reverses his way out before hitting a back elbow, with brutal force, that almost knocks Jeff cold. Barrett takes his chance and goes for a cover.

1!
2!
NO!

Jeff kicks out just in time!

So close to curtains for Hardy there! Barrett can’t believe it, he thought he had it there. A knowing look is in his eyes though now, he drags Jeff back up and lifts him up onto his shoulders once again. Once more though, as Barrett looks for Wastelands, Jeff wriggles clear and he manages to shove Barrett hard and face first into the turnbuckles. As Barrett spins back round, Jeff sets up … TWIST OF FATE! JEFF HARDY TAKES BARRETT DOWN WITH THE TWIST OF FATE! However, Jeff doesn’t go for the cover and heads to the corner instead! Could this be a mistake? Jeff climbs to the top rope and sets himself … SWANTON BOMB! HARDY HITS THE SWANTON BOMB TO BARRETT! Is Jeff Hardy going to WrestleMania 27?

1!
2!
3!

WINNER
(via PINFALL at 14:18)

JEFF HARDY
(Jeff Hardy will challenge for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania 27)

The crowd go crazy as the “Enigmatic Enigma” earns himself the RAW WrestleMania main event spot as he beats the WWE Champion, Wade Barrett. Hardy leaps onto the ropes and celebrates wildly to the delight of the fans whilst Barrett, his eyes wide with rage, staggers back up the ramp in shock. At WrestleMania 27, he will now have to defend against two men: Triple H and Jeff Hardy! Question is, will there be a third challenger later tonight? Will CM Punk make it a Fatal 4 Way? Right now, Jeff Hardy couldn’t care less as he signals that he is soon going to be, again, the WWE Champion to the delight of the crowd.

GCBRAW.png

MONDAY NIGHT RAW – LIVE!
(continued)

RAW returns with replays of the end of the Jeff Hardy victory over WWE Champion, Wade Barrett, a win which seals his spot in the WWE Championship match at WrestleMania 27. JR highlights the reaction of the crowd to the win before introducing a piece of footage from backstage. The replay shows the man who had already earned the right to face Barrett for the title, Triple H, watching the end of the previous match on a monitor backstage. He is dressed for action later – he will face CM Punk – but is clearly interested in what is happening in the match. As Jeff hits the Swanton Bomb, Triple H holds his arms up in frustration and watches as Hardy gets the 3 … He looks annoyed over the fact that his challenge for the title at WrestleMania is now a Triple Threat match instead and he turns round straight into the path of Matt Striker with a microphone who asks him for his reaction.

TRIPLE H: My reaction? My reaction?

HHH glares at Striker.

TRIPLE H: Wade Barrett just proved that he is not worthy of being WWE Champion. And at WrestleMania, regardless of what Jeff Hardy thinks he can do, I will become WWE Champion and restore it to glory. Now get out of my way.

As the replay ends, JR and King discuss Triple H’s anger at the match now being a Triple Threat and how it reduces his chances of winning down to 33%. King says that it simply gives everybody chance to prove they deserve the title even more. JR looks forward to the match later when CM Punk gets his chance to insert himself into the title picture as well as we see that Ted DiBiase is in the ring.

“I COME FROM MONEY”
*** TED DIBIASE ***
WEST PALM BEACH, FL

DiBiase is in the ring and is ready for action. The arena goes dark and the countdown begins on the titantron …

5!
4!
3!
2!
1!

“BREAK DOWN THE WALLS”

*** CHRIS JERICHO ***
WINNIPEG, MANITOBA, CANADA

“Y2J” Chris Jericho appears on stage with his arms outstretched as he faces back towards the entrance area when the lights return. The crowd give him a great reception as he spins and heads towards the ring but tonight there is a steely glare in Jericho’s eyes. He doesn’t want to face DiBiase here tonight; as we heard earlier, he wants revenge on the man who attacked his friend Daniel Bryan last week, Husky Harris. However, the match with DiBiase is what he has and, as King says, that could spell bad news for the Prodigal Son in the ring. Jericho salutes the fans but his head is clearly elsewhere tonight and JR reports the update on Bryan. He is out for at least 3 weeks, maybe up to 2 months, with severe concussion and bruising of the spinal area after his powerbomb last week.

* DING *
* DING *
* DING *

SINGLES MATCH
CHRIS JERICHO vs. TED DIBIASE

King’s words, as they often do, provide to be apt as Jericho, desperate to take his aggression out on somebody, goes for DiBiase right from the bell. DiBiase, despite a few flutters of a response, cannot live with the fired up Y2J and he is forced to go on the run several times instead just to get into the contest. However, he manages to catch Jericho running towards him outside the ring and he helps him past straight into the ring post and Jericho has an injured shoulder for a while as we head into a break.

RAW returns with Jericho fighting back but DiBiase with control over the match now. Jericho attempts to counter and he manages an Enzuguri Kick to the back of DiBiase’s head before springboarding off the rope looking for a Lionsault … but DiBiase gets the knees up. Jericho rolls off clutching his ribs and DiBiase takes advantage … MILLION DOLLAR DREAM! DiBiase locks in the submission hold made famous by his father, “Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase, and looks to force Jericho to tap out. However, Jericho forces himself to stay on his feet or on one knee at most and he gets to the ropes to force the break.

ENDING: DiBiase is frustrated by his failure to force the tap out from Y2J there but he resolves himself and goes for the Million Dollar Dream once more. Jericho fights back but misses a dropkick and DiBiase is able to start locking the hold in once more. This time, Jericho manages to get his hand in the way and holds DiBiase off before spinning and sending him face first into the corner. As DiBiase turns back around, staggering a little, Jericho is ready to pounce … CODEBREAKER! JERICHO HITS THE CODEBREAKER TO THE DELIGHT OF THE CROWD! He tucks DiBiase’s arms in and hooks the leg.

1!
2!
3!

WINNER
(via PINFALL at 08:03)

CHRIS JERICHO

As “Break the Walls Down” echoes around the arena, the referee holds Jericho’s hand high in victory. However, Y2J’s attention turns to the stage where the large presence of Husky Harris has appeared. The former NXT rookie is smirking as he stands on the stage and he fixes a stare on Jericho as he smiles. Jericho beckons him to come to the ring and fight but Harris doesn’t move. He simply begins to applaud Jericho’s win which infuriates Jericho further. Harris stands his ground on stage and Jericho has had enough. He climbs through the ropes and races up the ramp but Husky has casually left the arena in the meantime leaving Jericho full of frustration as the camera switches backstage.

Josh Mathews is waiting backstage in the interview area. He welcomes his guests: Team Angle and their leader, Kurt Angle. Boos ring out around the arena as the smug face of Angle and the devoted pair of followers, standing either side of him, come into shot. Mathews says he has one simple question that the whole WWE Universe is desperate to know the answer to. After costing him victory at the Royal Rumble and causing defeats to Cena and Edge for Randy Orton in the past 8 days, just why is Angle targeting the Viper?

KURT ANGLE: I’ve been in this business for over 10 years now, Josh. I’ve learnt one or two things during my time and one of those things is this. However much you explain yourself and pander to the WWE Universe …

Boos begin to spread in the arena once more.

KURT ANGLE: It’s a proven fact that it does you little or no good. You want an explanation about why we’ve attacked and targeted Orton of late? Ask him. He’ll know. Deep down, Randy Orton knows what the reason is. I’m not going to spell it out for you.

Angle looks smugly at the camera as Hennig and Watson slap him on the back and shoulder.

KURT ANGLE: And whilst we’re on the subject, Josh, let’s talk about the WWE Universe. When I arrived here in the WWE in 1999, Survivor Series 1999 to be exact, these idiots in the WWE Universe booed me, jeered me, chanted “Boring!” and “You Suck!” at me. But since that day, since I beat Shawn Stasiak all those years ago, I have proved them all wrong. Every single one of them. I’m a freakin’ American Hero, Josh. I won a gold medal for all of these people here tonight back in 1996 with a broken neck. If anybody deserves to be able to attack and target Randy Orton and teach him a lesson about something, I think that guy would be me, wouldn’t it?

Boos for the lack of explanation but the phony justification. However, Angle’s hired hands, Hennig and Watson, agree with every word.

KURT ANGLE: Randy Orton is everything that is wrong with the WWE. I am going to put a stop to him and his antics. I am going to …

Suddenly, an angry Orton barges into the interview area swinging wildly. He knocks Percy Watson down immediately before clotheslining Joe Hennig and knocking him down. Kurt Angle tries to exit but Orton rushes after him, the camera following him, and grabs the Olympian and shoves him roughly into a wall. Orton starts laying into Angle with hard right hands before throwing him hard down on to an empty pallet. As Angle groggily gets to his feet, Orton pounces … RKO! RKO! The crowd go wild as Orton drops Angle down on the pallet with a vintage RKO! Orton yells out in anger, a huge release of pent up emotion from the Viper, before security begin to surround him. However, Orton is not finished and he shoves the security aside and we see Angle getting to his knees, his head stuck out perfect for Orton’s trademark Punt … Ortop steps towards him …

But Team Angle make the save! Percy Watson and Joe Hennig strike and they barge Orton sideways before his right boot can connect with Angle. Orton is now outnumbered without the element of surprise and, even though he attempts to fight back, is unable to fight the pair of them off. Security pull them off Orton but he is pretty winded as he staggers to his feet ... BAM! ANGLE STRIKES WITH AN IRON BAR TO THE BACK OF THE KNEE! Orton drops down and clutches at his knee, Angle grabs the injured leg … ANKLE LOCK AGAIN! The knee that was already injured earlier tonight takes another barrage and Orton, for the second time tonight, is forced to tap out to try and get Angle to release the hold. The crowd boo as Team Angle and Kurt back off, job done, to leave Orton writhing in pain on the floor.

RAW returns from the break with replays of Angle again forcing Randy Orton to tap out to the Ankle Lock, this time backstage, as King and JR discuss how this must make the Viper feel. More debate over why Angle is targeting Orton goes on but nobody really knows except for Angle and his cronies – and maybe the Viper himself according to Kurt?

“THIS FIRE BURNS”
*** CM PUNK ***
CHICAGO, IL

The arrival of CM Punk focuses everybody back on the main event tonight; CM Punk’s chance to gatecrash the WrestleMania 27 WWE Championship match. As Punk makes his way to the ring, JR introduces a replay of Punk’s words earlier about wanting to go back to SMACKDOWN and the reaction from HBK about this match tonight. King also reminds us that, on Friday night on SMACKDOWN, Punk will return for one final time to the blue brand to face John Cena.

“TIME TO PLAY THE GAME”
*** TRIPLE H ***
GREENWICH, CN

Out from the spotlight, to a huge reception, comes Triple H with his bottle of water. As he nears the ring, his negative reaction to Barrett losing to Jeff Hardy earlier is replayed as it now means that WrestleMania’s RAW main event now will be a WWE Championship Triple Threat between the champion, Wade Barrett, Jeff Hardy and Triple H himself. King says that clearly HHH didn’t want anybody else but now he has got two opponents and that he needs to beat Punk here and keep it down to just two.

* DING *
* DING *
* DING *

SINGLES MATCH
(If CM Punk wins, he will be added to the WWE Championship match at WrestleMania 27)

CM PUNK vs. TRIPLE H

The match begins with Triple H and CM Punk sizing each other up before they get into it, a series of mat wrestling holds that get us started with neither man in control. For the first part of the match, the pair of them trade offence without really getting on top until a high knee knocks Punk down and under the bottom rope where he decides to take a hike. HHH tries to grab Punk and drag him back in but Punk rakes the eyes and then leaps up to the top rope and hits a flying clothesline to take Triple H down. Punk begins to take a little control and he is able to get a few close 2 counts as well as keeping Triple H down whenever he threatens to get back into the contest. Punk methodically begins to take apart Triple H now but you always get a feeling that Hunter could strike back at any point. When Punk goes for a suplex, Hunter holds back and hits a suplex of his own. The crowd cheer but then, as HHH looks to build on this, Punk hits a high roundhouse kick to stun the Game once more. His cover is made …

1!
2!
NO!

Triple H gets his shoulder out in time!

HHH retreats to the corner and Punk rushes over looking for a high knee of his own. However, Triple H gets his boot up and then hits a Spinebuster to take Punk down to the mat and both men are down. At the count of 6, both men regain their footing and begin trading blows. This game doesn’t suit Punk and Triple H takes control now. He is desperate to preserve what is now a Triple Threat at WrestleMania and hits a few clotheslines before getting a 2 count of his own. Triple H then looks to hit the Pedigree for the first time, the crowd are up for this … No! Punk counters with a back body drop and the match continues on.

ENDING: As the match continues on, even as anything, Triple H gets on top now and targets the knees of Punk a little before, out of nowhere, he gets the Figure 4 Leg Lock on Punk. The crowd are excited by this and Punk looks to be in pain. However, he guts it out and refuses to tap out despite the pain that Triple H is causing to his knees. Punk tries to roll the pair of them over, to reverse the pressure, but he can’t and things start to get a little desperate now. However, Punk manages to scramble his way over to the ropes and – after a bit of teasing of course – he makes it. The referee breaks the hold but Punk is now limping and Triple H takes control with a chop block. He accentuates the injury further by hitting several moves that are designed to jar the knee further. Punk is stumbling and hobbling and it appears Triple H has him when he hits a kick to the gut and sets for the Pedigree again. However, Punk this time manages to simply escape by wriggling and shoving the Game into the ropes. Triple H stumbles through the ropes and falls to the floor and this buys Punk some time. When Hunter returns to the ring, Punk locks in a belly to belly suplex that crashes him down to the mat and Punk now takes over. Still hobbling, he runs over to the Game as he pulls himself up in the corner … High knee, running bulldog combination move. Punk makes the cover …

1!
2!
NO!

Kick out from Triple H!

Punk can feel the momentum building for him, he knows he is one more second away from making it to WrestleMania and challenging for the most prestigious prize in the WWE. He stands behind a kneeling Triple H now and crashes his elbow down repeatedly into the heart and ribs of his opponent, Hunter is groggy as Punk allows him up … DDT! Another cover from Punk, has he done enough?

1!
2!
NO!

No! Triple H kicks out once more!

Punk drags Hunter up and whips him to the ropes … Tilt a whirl backbreaker maybe? No, Hunter spins out of it and hits a clothesline that staggers Punk before locking him up in a Sleeper. A move to delay Punk, clearly, Triple H is now buying time as he takes Punk down to his knees, then the mat. Once down, Triple H releases the Sleeper and then makes the cover …

1!
2!
NO!

CM Punk kicks out this time!

Triple H goes to whip Punk to the ropes again but Punk ducks the clothesline attempt this time. As both men come off the ropes, a double clothesline ensues and both men are down once more. The referee begins his count but it seems unlikely to be the end; it isn’t. Triple H is first up this time and he grabs Punk and hits a neckbreaker before he signals that this is the end of it. He drags Punk up and positions his head between his knees once more, here we go! Hunter goes for the Pedigree but again, Punk escapes, he twists his way out and hits a kick to Hunter’s gut instead. As Triple H is winded, Punk quickly lifts him onto his shoulders … No! Triple H slides off the shoulders of the former World Champion and shoves him into the ropes to counter the GTS attempt. As Punk turns, Triple H runs towards him and goes for the knee lift to the face but Punk ducks this as well and then clotheslines him over the top rope to the floor.

Punk is up quickly as Triple H slowly gets up on the outside of the ring. He calculates things and waits for a moment before hitting the ropes and leaping through the ropes … SUICIDE DIVE! CM Punk flattens the legendary Triple H on the outside and he hits the barricades with a smash. The crowd are now getting right into this match as Punk drags the hurt Triple H back towards the ring. He rolls him under the ropes and follows in before standing behind him and waiting … and waiting … Punk goes to try and finish off Triple H, he signals that it is time for his opponent to go to sleep, he lifts him up but Triple H slides off once again. Stomp kick to the guts … PEDIGREE! TRIPLE H HITS THE PEDIGREE TO CM PUNK! CM Punk is about to fail to get to WrestleMania 27 …

1!
2!
NO!

Punk grabs the bottom rope!

The crowd were chanting 3 but Punk shocked them all by grabbing the rope to break the count. Triple H looks as stunned as anybody and he complains to the referee but ends up frustrated. He resolves himself though and goes over to Punk as he slowly gets up again. Triple H positions Punk again to set up the Pedigree … But this time, Punk twists out of it and lifts Trips up onto his shoulders. GO TO SLEEP! CM PUNK HITS THE GO TO SLEEP! Centre of the ring, CM Punk hooks the leg …

1!
2!
3!

WINNER
(via PINFALL at 13:46)

CM PUNK
(CM Punk will challenge for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania 27)

A hard fought match between two of the WWE’s finest – but it is CM Punk who manages to get the important, decisive move in and gets the victory that means, along with Jeff Hardy, he is also added to the RAW main event for WrestleMania 27. Punk ‘mocks’ the crowd as he stands on the turnbuckles and declares that he is soon going to be the WWE Champion. Triple H looks annoyed as he backs off up the ramp; he can’t believe his one on one title match has now become a Fatal 4 Way and he never sees Barrett coming. The Englishman barrels into the back of Hunter and knocks him flying into the ring apron before he begins pounding away at him. The crowd boo but then the cheers begin. Here comes Jeff Hardy! Hardy leaps up and dropkicks Barrett in the back to stop his assault on the Game. Barrett goes head first into the side of the ring as well but now Punk has noticed and he leaps to the top rope, springs off and connects with Jeff with a flying clothesline. Punk grabs Jeff by the back of his neck and rolls him into the ring … GO TO SLEEP! CM PUNK HITS THE GTS ON JEFF! As Punk stands over Hardy and mocks being asleep, Barrett is shown on the outside backing away and looking into the ring looking concerned. Triple H is shown sitting against the perimeter fence holding his head. Jeff Hardy is shown laid out in the ring from the GTS. The only man standing right now is CM Punk … But who will win the match at WrestleMania?

***** END OF SHOW *****

2fc70736-32ab-4720-852e-a9c03edd3f96_zpsf1d93f2d.jpg

WRESTLEMANIA 27
Atlanta, GA | Sunday April 3, 2011

*** CONFIRMED MATCHES ***

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
The Undertaker (c) vs. John Cena

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
Wade Barrett (c) vs. CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Triple H

“MONEY IN THE BANK” LADDER MATCH
Big Show vs. Kofi Kingston vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ???

DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP
Michelle McCool (c) (w/Kharma) vs. Trish Stratus

34 DAYS TO GO!

Bearded Feedback

-I'm behind on shows I'll admit that. I dig the idea of adding to Barrett/Triple H, so thumbs up there my man. Good choices potentially with Punk and Hardy. Nice little back and forth there and you can take this two ways. A possible Hardy/Punk match at Mania or a Fatal 4 Way (or least likely Triple Threat).

-I'll admit that I'm not a a big RVD guy, never have been and I'm probably in the minority there. You mention his return being sort of lackluster. And Sheamus I remember being in a big time feud with Triple H and it seems he has been lost in the shuffle. A nice win here for Sheamus and RVD's troubles continue, so a win for him will be pretty big when it happens. As for Sheamus I think a MitB appearance would be suitable for him and a nice way to elevate him into the world title scene.

-This Edge/HBK stuff has been good since day one. I really like how you've handled it and I'm still pulling for a match down the line, though that seems unlikely. A kid can dream right? A nice little match and I figured a win for Edge would be controversial. A piece of me sort of wanted to see Edge get back into the ring and save Orton, just to give Edge's character a new dynamic as I feel he could border a heel/face really. No real complaints though as I look forward to the further developments of HBK/Edge and Orton/Angle.

-Gabriel/Rhodes was a nice little match, but more importantly this mystery of Gabriel/Nexus continues. I have no idea where it seems to be heading, but I imagine Gabriel is going to eventually face a member of The Nexus for the title unless of course he joins them, but I don't see that as likely. Interested where this goes.

-Interesting developments with Harris and Jericho. Not sure if you are going to have Harris play the tank he portrayed on NXTS2 or if you are going to do some hybrid character with his current Bray Wyatt gimmick. Either way I'm interested in Harris and where you plan on taking him with Jericho and/or DB.

-Onto Triple H/Punk, absolutely loved it and loved that Punk is made out to be the "strongest" force of the four at the moment. I feel you have something here with Punk as he can play off the whole mistreatment thing and just absolutely snap and just destroy it in the ring and take over as a tweener (like I mentioned with Edge). Really looking forward to the match at Mania as it could be a big rub for Barrett, but you have the option of him losing the strap and not taking the fall, making him look weak in the process.

-Mania is shaping up nicely my man and I know you will deliver us a show that probably won't be topped here in the BT section (until I make my return ;)). All kidding aside, I can't find too many gripes with your show. In the format department the font is a little big, but that's really nitpicking on my behalf. All the storylines you are developing are interesting and each thing draws me in and that is saying something as I'm genuinely interested in each storyline going forward. Well done, round of applause.

RAW Review

Loved the way you opened up with RAW with the newest addition to the RAW roster, CM Punk and then Punk basically showing that he wants to go back to Smackdown rather than be here on RAW and can you blame Punk especially after the way he was screwed out of the World Heavyweight Championship by John Cena? Punk clearly had the match won when he was facing Taker but now that Punk is on RAW he gets interrupted by his former arch-nemesis Jeff Hardy another new addition to RAW and then bringing up their history together, that was great

RAW GM HBK then making the announcement that Jeff Hardy will take on the WWE Champion Wade Barrett while CM Punk will take on Triple H, both matches are main event calibre worthy and the implications of both matches alone that if Jeff Hardy wins it becomes a Triple-Threat at WrestleMania 27 for the WWE Championship but if Punk also wins his match it becomes a Fatal 4-Way Match at WrestleMania 27 for the WWE Championship, how is this fair to Wade Barrett?

Shawn Michaels really is going out of his way to screw Wade Barrett out of the WWE Championship but it doesn't matter because Barrett will overcome the odds like he always does, Barrett ever since becoming WWE Champion has taken on all comers beaten so many great superstars

Sheamus vs RVD ending in a Sheamus victory, great match because Sheamus has been on a roll as of late while for RVD he is on a bit of a decline and has been for a while, so I wonder just what you have planned for RVD or better yet just what you have planned for Sheamus

As for Edge/HBK I keep saying this, I keep stressing it but it is only a matter of time before these 2 go at it, and I bet their match will end up happening at WrestleMania 27 with HBK coming out of retirement to face Edge but then the stipulations of the match being that if Edge wins, Shawn Michaels is gone for good that he is no longer the RAW GM but that if HBK wins, Edge can no longer challenge for the WWE Championship for one whole year, if that is how it's going to down, then I am all for that

This Randy Orton/Kurt Angle feud is starting to get more and more personal especially after the attacks, I mean honestly, it is only a matter of time before these 2 go at it and I bet their match takes place at WrestleMania 27 and if it does, then Randy Orton will punt Joe Hennig and Percy Watson in the skulls making sure those 2 won't be in Angle's corner at WrestleMania making sure that Kurt Angle is all alone at WrestleMania 27, similar to Orton/Punk at WrestleMania 27 in that aspect

This whole Gabriel/Nexus feud in my opinion is starting to become dragged out honestly because it has gone on for far too long and I wonder if there is ever going to be an end to it because if there is, then hopefully Gabriel turns heel again and rejoins Nexus but if not, then I really want to see which member of Nexus he will face should the WWE United States Championship be on the line

This whole Jericho/Harris feud to me is really interesting and just by the way you built it up, it makes me wonder if you will have Jericho put Husky over because if that happens, Husky Harris' stock will end up going up not that it hasn't already I mean he put Bryan on the shelf and no one has seen him since, and if Jericho is not careful the same thing could happen to him

Triple H vs CM Punk hands down for me was Match of the Night as far as I'm concerned, but I just want Punk to go down the road of respect since Punk has been disrespected in the WWE, it is about time CM Punk does something about it, it is about time CM Punk comes out and does his infamous pipebomb promo which pretty much resurrected his career with CM Punk becoming more of an anti-hero becoming more and more like a rebel a revolutionary because he is being disrespected and by taking shots at WWE itself that will just elevate Punk even more because Punk now that he is in the WWE Championship match at WrestleMania 27, here is hoping we get a CM Punk title reign with the WWE Championship this time

As for Jeff Hardy vs Wade Barrett, this match gives Hardy momentum heading into Mania especially because he pinned the WWE Champion but mostly with him being added into the match at Mania for the WWE Championship it becomes a Fatal 4-Way with Barrett having 25% odds of retaining his title but also it puts Barrett even more at a disadvantage having to beat not just 1, not 2, but 3 men to retain his title because Barrett doesn't even have to be involved in the decision to lose his title but Barrett will find some way to turn this to his advantage

Overall great RAW man and I can't wait until Smackdown!!!!!!!!!!

Let's not forget The Miz, he can still cash in his Money in the Bank briefcase on whoever the WWE Champion is

GCBNXT.png

NXT – SEASON 3, EPISODE 10
Tuesday March 1, 2011 | LITTLE ROCK, AR

NXT RECAP - WEEK 9:
NXT starts with a recap from Episode 9 of the show last week and first off we see the contest between the two top ranked NXT superstars; Dolph Ziggler and Great Khali. We see Khali’s power taking Ziggler out of his game at first but then we see Ziggler surprise the Punjabi Playboy with a Zig Zag to retain top spot. “Dolph Ziggler retains the top spot in the NXT Rankings! He is on a roll!” Next, we see Vickie Guerrero in the ring making her huge announcement that she is now the Divas Executive: “As my first act as your Divas Executive, I am making a Divas Championship rematch tonight – Michelle McCool … vs. Maryse!” The video switches to the Divas Championship match and we see Michelle dominating Maryse and then, with the help of Kharma, destroying the French Canadian and Layla, who tries to save her, before standing with the title belt around her waist. “Does Trish Stratus really think she can beat me at WrestleMania 27?” We move onto the main event, a Fatal 4 Way between the men ranked from #3 to #6 with all four desperate to pick up the win and avoid being in the bottom two. “Chavo Guerrero and Kaval need to get a win tonight – or else they could be eliminated next week!” We see various action from the match; Kozlov dominating for much of the match, Kaval hitting the Warrior’s Way Stomp on the Russian but being denied the win by JBL, McIntyre rescuing JBL as Kaval threatens him and Chavo taking it to McIntyre as well. Finally, we see Kozlov hit the ‘Iron Curtain’ on Chavo and gets the win – no change in the rankings! “Next week on NXT, it will be Kaval against Chavo Guerrero – the loser will be eliminated from the show!” The recap ends with shots of both men and a thumping heart noise as it fades away …

*** NXT RANKINGS ***
1: Dolph Ziggler
2: Great Khali
3: Vladimir Kozlov
4: Drew McIntyre
5: Chavo Guerrero
6: Kaval

ELIMINATED:
7:
R-Truth
(Eliminated Week 8)
8: MVP
(Eliminated Week 6)

As NXT begins, Josh Mathews introduces the show and hypes up tonight’s Elimination Match between the Mexican legend Chavo Guerrero and the rookie, Kaval. On the commentary team with him is Matt Striker and he says that there could be some significant developments tonight in the Divas division – will Trish Stratus turn up here tonight? And what will Vickie Guerrero do in her first full night as the Divas Executive?

“WRECK”
*** MICK FOLEY ***
NXT “STAND IN” MENTOR | DEPUTISING FOR THE ROCK

Foley speaks to the WWE Universe about the situation he is in on NXT. He says that he speaks to The Rock on a regular basis and passes on advice from the “Great One” but he has yet to hear any word on when, or even if, Rock will be returning to NXT before WrestleMania. However, he says that he is determined to do his friend proud and ensure that one of the remaining “Team Rock” members wins the competition. He says that all his focus tonight is on the main event – Kaval vs. Chavo Guerrero. He says that he has spoken to Chavo, a member of “Team Rock” – and that he is ready tonight to avoid elimination.

“BROKEN DREAMS”
*** DREW McINTYRE ***
AYR, SCOTLAND | (w/JBL)

Out comes Drew McIntyre flanked by his mentor, JBL. His music fades as JBL speaks to Foley. He tells him that it doesn’t matter what he thinks, these days, he is the most electrifying thing about NXT. The crowd boo as JBL mocks Rock through use of his catchphrases. He suggests that he doesn’t give a damn about tonight’s elimination match – either a member of “Team Rock” leaves or the “Runt” Kaval leaves. JBL says that all he cares about is seeing Drew McIntyre and Vladimir Kozlov keeping their momentum going as they head towards the WrestleMania finale. JBL informs Foley that he plans to see McIntyre face Kozlov at WrestleMania 27 to determine the winner of NXT in front of the millions … and millions. Foley says that he knows that JBL had something to do with the attack on the Rock and that when he finally returns, the Rock is going to kick his corporate ass all over NXT.

“LAND OF FIVE RIVERS”
*** GREAT KHALI ***
INDIA

As Foley exits, the largest man on NXT heads out dancing and having fun. He shakes Foley’s hand as he makes his way down to the ring and we are ready for our first match here on NXT …

* DING *
* DING *
* DING *

SINGLES MATCH FOR NXT RANKINGS
DREW McINTYRE (4) (w/JBL) vs. GREAT KHALI (2)

Again, the early power of Khali plays into his advantage but, the longer the match goes, the more the Sinister Scotsman’s speed and fitness comes into play. The presence of JBL at ringside causes numerous distractions for Khali and this allows McIntyre to keep stinging the Punjab with surprise attacks. In the end, Khali goes for the Khali Chop and connects but JBL drags his superstar out of the ring to the annoyance of both Khali and the referee. Khali stalks after JBL and Drew outside the ring and swings another chop but Drew ducks it and Khali cracks the ring post. McIntyre re-enters the ring, Khali gets back in at 8 but he has hurt his hand and this allows McIntyre to grab Khali … FUTURE SHOCK DDT! Drew hooks the leg and makes the cover …

1!
2!
3!

WINNER
(via PINFALL at 05:38)

DREW McINTYRE
(#2 Drew McIntyre; #4 Great Khali)

NXT returns with the new Divas Executive in the ring waiting with a smile on her face. As soon as the TV is back, she begins to speak and informs the world that she has a great plan for the Divas Division. She says that she was watching SMACKDOWN last week and she heard Michael Cole’s announcement about the “Money in the Bank” ladder match at WrestleMania 27. And she got to thinking about why there was no equivalent match for Divas. So, on the final NXT before WrestleMania, Vickie announces that there will be a Divas “Money in the Bank” ladder match to determine a Diva to get a future Divas Championship match at a time and place of her own choosing. Vickie announces that tonight, Layla and Maryse will team up to face the Bella Twins and the winning team will qualify for the Diva’s “Money in the Bank” Ladder match in four weeks time.

Attention turns backstage where Scott Stanford is waiting with Chavo Guerrero. The Mexican announces that when he began on NXT, he promised to win the competition in the memory of his Uncle Eddie and he intends to keep that promises. He praises Kaval and says he respects him but says tonight is strictly about survival.

“PAIN”
*** VLADIMIR KOZLOV ***
MOSCOW, RUSSIA

Unlike Drew McIntyre earlier, Kozlov is not accompanied by JBL; instead he simply is in the ring and looking around menacing. Striker and Mathews suggest that his new attitude, since his attack on Santino Marella, has brought a scary side to the Moscow Mauler and that it could be the attitude that takes him all the way to the NXT Final at WrestleMania.

“I AM PERFECTION”
*** DOLPH ZIGGER ***
HOLLYWOOD, FLORIDA

Out comes the #1 ranked NXT competitor, Dolph Ziggler, with his usual arrogant attitude. However, tonight, he is receiving some cheers thanks to being part of “Team Rock” and being up against Kozlov. As Ziggler leaps up onto the apron and into the ring, Mathews reminds us of the big wins that Ziggler has managed recently and how these wins have propelled him to the #1 spot of the NXT Rankings.

* DING *
* DING *
* DING *

SINGLES MATCH FOR NXT RANKINGS
DOLPH ZIGGLER (1) vs. VLADIMIR KOZLOV (3)

With the cheers of the crowd for a change, Ziggler goes out to catch Kozlov cold in the early stages but he is quickly knocked back by the bigger Russian. Kozlov dominates the majority of the match and comes close to defeating Ziggler on several occasions but it is not to be in the end. As Kozlov hits the trapping headbutts, Ziggler staggers back and looks to be perfectly set up for Kozlov to grab and hit the Iron Curtain. However, Ziggler manages to use a series of back elbows to force the break and then, when Kozlov swings wildly at him, he ducks under and locks in a Sleeper. Mathews reminds us that Ziggler has big wins using this move in the past, most notably the Big Show, as he brings down the Russian to the mat. With Kozlov down and dazed, Ziggler prepares himself behind … ZIG ZAG! ZIGGER HITS A HUGE ZIG ZAG TO KOZLOV!

1!
2!
3!

WINNER
(via PINFALL at 07:09)

DOLPH ZIGGLER
(#1 Dolph Ziggler; #3 Vladimir Kozlov)

Ziggler celebrates as he backs away up the ramp again with his finger held up in the air showing that he is the #1 here on NXT. Mathews and Striker hype him up and suggest that he could well be on his way to survival in the WWE as well as winning the competition and earning himself a future shot at the WWE or the World Championship.

NXT returns with the Divas team of Nikki and Brie Bella heading towards the ring …

“YOU CAN LOOK (BUT YOU CAN’T TOUCH)”
*** BELLA TWINS ***
SCOTSDALE, AZ | BRIE & NIKKI BELLA

As the Bellas enter the ring, Mathews and Striker discuss the announcement made by Vickie Guerrero earlier in the night; Divas “Money in the Bank” for the first time ever to take place on NXT in the week building up towards WrestleMania 27. As the Bellas reach the ring, Striker feeds to a clip from backstage where Vickie Guerrero earlier spoke with Divas Champion Michelle McCool and her hired hand, Kharma.

EARLIER THIS EVENING BEFORE NXT:
Michelle McCool and Kharma are sat waiting backstage watching the entrance. The Divas Championship is positioned at the side of McCool and she keeps her hand placed on it as they wait for the arrival of the woman who will challenge for the title at WrestleMania 27 – Trish Stratus. However, there is no sign of her …

MICHELLE McCOOL: You know she won’t turn up, don’t you? She’s scared to death. She’s in far too deep. I have been dominating the Divas division for the past year whilst she has been at home getting out of shape and dreaming of a time when she actually meant something. She won’t …

???: Excuse me?

Michelle and Kharma’s attention is taken behind them and we see the newly appointed Divas Executive stood waiting …

VICKIE GUERRERO: Excuse me, ladies, I wondered if I could speak to you for a moment?

No answer from either but Kharma folds her arms as Vickie continues on, a little nervous perhaps …

VICKIE GUERRERO: I know you must now by now that I have been made the Divas Executive by Chip Butty, that means that I am now in charge of the Divas here on WWE. Now, I know that you have a match at WrestleMania 27 for the Divas Championship, Michelle. I am looking forward to seeing that match!

MICHELLE McCOOL: If Trish Stratus turns up …

VICKIE GUERRERO: But I wanted you to know that I intend to shake things up in the Divas division over the coming months. Divas “Money in the Bank” is the first of many ways I intend to improve the division, Michelle. I need you to know that I will expect you to be a fighting champion.

Michelle smirks at this comment and turns away from the Divas Executive as Vickie turns to face the behemoth, Kharma.

VICKIE GUERRERO: But I really came here to speak to you, Kharma.

Michelle’s head swivels round quickly and she is interested to hear what Vickie has to say again.

VICKIE GUERRERO: You’ve been here a couple of months now and you’ve been … erm, “protecting” Michelle McCool here. But I need to know something about you.

MICHELLE McCOOL: Vickie, what do you want? Kharma is happy with her job here in the WWE …

VICKIE GUERRERO: Kharma, I want to know what your ambitions are. Do you want to be Michelle’s bodyguard forever and a day? Or do you want to be Divas Champion yourself one day?

Kharma is listening intently but she shows no sign of emotion.

VICKIE GUERRERO: I have “Money in the Bank” qualifier matches to decide on; do you want to be in one of them?

No answer from Kharma, she stares a hole through the Divas Executive as Michelle looks agitated beside her. As Kharma doesn’t answer, Vickie backs away with a confused look on her face as the video ends.

“POURQUOI?”
*** MARYSE ***
MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA

The former Divas Champion heads out towards the ring to a mixed reaction – although she has traditionally been a heel, she is getting a few sympathetic cheers after her treatment from McCool and Kharma recently. She gets to the bottom of the ramp and the Bellas mock her over losing her title from the ring. Maryse turns to the titantron and waits expectantly …

“INSATIABLE”
*** LAYLA ***
MIAMI, FL

The British born Diva from Miami heads out to a decent pop and she makes her way down towards Maryse. The pair of them embrace, they have developed a bond of late and then they enter the ring ready for their match against the Bellas – the winning team will both qualify for the Divas Money in the Bank match remember?!

* DING *
* DING *
* DING *

DIVAS TAG TEAM MATCH
BELLA TWINS vs. LAYLA & MARYSE
(WINNERS QUALIFY FOR DIVAS MONEY IN THE BANK MATCH)

The result here was never really in any doubt despite a bright start from the established team of Brie and Nikki Bella. They control the match initially and they target Layla but this is shortlived; Layla manages to make a hot tag to Maryse who comes in on fire. Determined to get back to the Divas Championship, she destroys the Bellas who have to resort to cheap tricks to stop her, a rake to the eyes from Brie does the trick, before they pull the “Twin Magic” trick to confuse the official. However, Layla tags back in and catches Nikki by surprise …NASTY KICK! LAYLA FLATTENS NIKKI WITH A ROUNDHOUSE KICK! Spotting Brie coming into the ring, Layla hits the ropes and knocks her flying off the apron and down onto the barricade before tagging Maryse … FRENCH KISS DDT! MARYSE FLICKS HER HAIR AND DDT’S NIKKI TO THE MAT! She hooks the leg …

1!
2!
3!

WINNER
(via PINFALL at 04:25)

LAYLA & MARYSE
(Layla and Maryse qualify for the Divas Money in the Bank match)

Cheers around the arena as Layla and Maryse become the first two Divas to claim their places in the “Money in the Bank” match in four weeks time. The pair of them celebrate with a hug as the Bellas make their way back up the ramp and out of the arena. However, Maryse proves that the trust of Layla and the fans was misplaced … FRENCH KISS TO LAYLA! The crowd boo but Maryse signals that she is going to claim the Money in the Bank briefcase and become Divas Champion once more.

“CHAVITO ARDIENTE”
*** CHAVO GUERRERO ***
EL PASO, TX

Chavo Guerrero, a nervous but determined look on his face, heads out for the most important match of his WWE career. He gets into the ring and salutes the crowd as Striker reminds us of the achievements of the Mexican and says it will be a real shame if his WWE career is to end tonight.

“EXPLODING HELMETS”
*** KAVAL ***
BROOKLYN, NY

Out comes the small statured NXT Season 2 winner, Kaval. Mathews describes him as small in size but big in heart and says that he has worked so hard throughout his career to reach the WWE that it would be a shame for his WWE career to end tonight as well. However, as Kaval salutes the fans in the ring, JBL, Kaval’s mentor, starts making his way out accompanied by Vladimir Kozlov and Drew McIntyre. They slowly make their way down to the foot of the ramp as both Chavo and Kaval nervously watch them. However, they stay away from the ring, they appear to be out here on a watching brief …

* DING *
* DING *
* DING *

NXT ELIMINATION MATCH
CHAVO GUERRERO (5) vs. KAVAL (6)

These two men are both desperate to avoid defeat and prolong their WWE careers into the final five of NXT. They go at it hammer and tongs as they seek to push for the win and it makes for an entertaining fast paced match. The crowd are split down the middle and enjoying the spectacle but throughout, there is an air of menace about the presence of JBL, McIntyre and Kozlov at ringside. Unfortunately for everybody watching, they don’t stay on the ramp either. McIntyre and Kozlov spread out but it is not clear what they are planning to do. As we move on towards the end, Kaval manages to counter a suplex and spins around to hit a DDT to Chavo Guerrero and leave him flat on the mat. Kaval goes to the top rope and goes for his impressive double foot jumping stomp, the Warrior’s Way … Chavo manages to roll aside just in time though and with Kaval off guard, Guerrero locks his head up and hits a suplex … and then another … and then another! THREE AMIGOS! The crowd are pleased to see this and chant “Eddie! Eddie!” which fires Chavo up further. He leaps to the top rope and prepares … FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH CONNECTS! CHAVO GUERRERO HITS THE FROG SPLASH ON KAVAL! Surely this is over?

1!
2!
NO!

Drew McIntyre drags Kaval out from the pinfall!

Confusion in the air as Chavo Guerrero looks astonished at the actions of Drew; why would he do that? JBL, McIntyre and Kozlov have done nothing but disrespect Kaval since NXT began! The referee senses that something is brewing here between Chavo and McIntyre although he missed the interference from the Scot in the pinfall. As Chavo and Drew argue, McIntyre gets to the ring apron and the referee moves between them. As he gets Drew down, Kozlov slides into the ring behind them and grabs Chavo Guerrero … IRON CURTAIN! Kozlov plants Guerrero down on the mat and then drags Kaval over his opponent before exiting the ring. The referee turns around with Drew now down, he sees the pinfall and makes the count …

1!
2!
3!

WINNER
(via PINFALL at 09:28)

KAVAL
(Chavo Guerrero is eliminated from NXT and his WWE contract is terminated)

JBL smirks as he backs away up the ramp; Striker and Mathews cannot believe what they have witnessed tonight. As Chavo Guerrero comes to his senses, he looks around, tears in his eyes, and questions what just happened. The referee missed it all and Chavo looks devastated. However, worse is to come. McIntyre sneaks into the ring behind him and attacks from behind before pummelling him over and over in the back and shoulders. With Chavo dazed, Drew lifts him and sets for the Future Shock DDT … However, Kaval, realising what is happening, looks to save Guerrero. He attacks McIntyre but this time Kozlov goes after him and makes the attack … VLADIMIR KOZLOV HITS THE IRON CURTAIN ON KAVAL! Recovering, Drew McIntyre returns his focus to Chavo Guerrero … FUTURE SHOCK DDT FROM McINTYRE TO CHAVO! As the pair of them rejoin JBL on the ramp, the boos are relentless but they appear to be having no effect on them. JBL stands between them and raises their hands; it looks increasingly like one of his team will win NXT now with three left of the five. But tonight, Chavo Guerrero has been eliminated. What will happen next week as we get closer to WrestleMania 27?

*** NXT RANKINGS ***
1: Dolph Ziggler
2: Drew McIntyre
3: Vladimir Kozlov
4: Great Khali
5: Kaval

ELIMINATED:
6:
Chavo Guerrero
(Eliminated Week 10)
7: R-Truth
(Eliminated Week 8)
8: MVP
(Eliminated Week 6)

***** END OF SHOW *****

2fc70736-32ab-4720-852e-a9c03edd3f96_zpsf1d93f2d.jpg

WRESTLEMANIA 27
Atlanta, GA | Sunday April 3, 2011

*** CONFIRMED MATCHES ***

The Undertaker (c) vs. John Cena

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
Wade Barrett (c) vs. CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Triple H

“MONEY IN THE BANK” LADDER MATCH
Big Show vs. Kofi Kingston vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ???

DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP
Michelle McCool (c) (w/Kharma) vs. Trish Stratus

34 DAYS TO GO!

If anything now my pick for NXT as seeing as how there are only 5 men left in this competition now with it being Ziggler, McIntyre, Kozlov, Khali and Kaval that my pick is Dolph Ziggler because if anything he is the best all-around performer out of the 5, and not to mention he steals the show each and every single night, showing off like only he can but if anything Ziggler's toughest competition or who even comes close to him in ability would be Drew McIntyre but honestly Dolph outshines Drew in every way possible

But nevertheless your whole NXT show, I liked it, some parts I did, some parts I didn't

But in all seriousness I just can't wait until Smackdown and why? Because you have the World Heavyweight Champion The Undertaker there and his WrestleMania 27 opponent John Cena, streak vs. title, Undertaker's 18-0 streak against possibly Undertaker's biggest threat to the streak in John Cena, who is like the biggest heel in the company right now

And besides I just want to see Undertaker play mind games with Cena with the lights going out and showing Cena a video package of all 17 of Undertaker's victims and then when it stops at 18, Taker then could say John Cena Rest in Peace and then the video package stops playing, gong is heard and the lights come back on, or while the lights are off with Cena in the ring, lightning bolts could strike the ring as a way to scare Cena, just anything to scare Cena would be great

But also I can't wait to see which superstars from Smackdown qualify for Money in the Bank, since Big Show and Kofi were the first 2 men to qualify for Money in the Bank, it makes me wonder just who the other 6 men will be who qualify for Money in the Bank, I could see one of those men being Matt Hardy or even Christian for that matter

But also by bringing Money in the Bank back for WrestleMania 27, you are ensuring that the briefcase is an inter-promotional briefcase this time around which means that the winner of the Money in the Bank Ladder Match could cash it in on either champion, the winner if he is a RAW guy he could cash in his briefcase on the WWE Champion or he could choose to cash it in on the World Heavyweight Champion becoming a Smackdown guy in the process or if the winner is a Smackdown guy he could cash in his briefcase on the World Heavyweight Champion or he could cash it in on the WWE Champion of RAW becoming a RAW guy in the process which just adds to the unpredictability of it which I love

BUT WITH MIZ SINCE HE IS A RAW MONEY IN THE BANK BRIEFCASE WINNER SINCE HE HAS THE RED BRIEFCASE THAT MEANS MIZ DOESN'T HAVE ALL THAT MUCH LONGER TO CASH IN HIS BRIEFCASE BECAUSE YOUR JULY PAY PER VIEW IS NO LONGER MONEY IN THE BANK SO MIZ HAS TO CASH IN SOONER OR LATER!!!!!!!

I'm afraid GCB's WWE is probably over, folks.

Been toying with the idea for a few weeks now. Not got the motivation for it no more.

Feel a bit bad about it because Notorious MEAT has made me some cool images for it in the past week. What I will say as way of an apology is that he is one hell of a graphics guy and I suggest you take a look at his shows and ask him for images if you need them. He's a good guy. I hope he doesn't mind too much. Sorry mate!

If I'm honest, my enthusiasm for this place died a little after Choxy's comment about my girl. Wondered if maybe I needed a new start elsewhere. Somewhere I wasn't known as well as I am. I maybe revealed a little too much about me and some idiot decided to use that to flame me. It forced me elsewhere (Fan Fiction on Pro Wrestling forum) and when I got there, I posted my show there from the start. It didn't feel right to post GCB's WWE there and it got me thinking about a new show. Hence why I am writing something else now.

It doesn't help that BT is dead as a doorknob. The revival isn't happening any time soon. I hope it does but I'd suggest people should head elsewhere. I'm enjoying trying to prove myself elsewhere with a new show. I'm not the top guy there and it's giving me motivation to push myself more. Would love to see good guys like Peep and Theo there (I could name more but those guys stand out) ...

So I'm writing WWF 2001 "After the Invasion" and it is being posted elsewhere. I won't be posting it here - despite my tease a few week back - as I don't see much point. Those of you who like my writing should come and see my new show elsewhere. As a result, I probably won't post much here at all no more.

So what is GCB going to do for his grand finale?

Well, you might recall me mentioning that I was writing chunks of WrestleMania 27 as I wrote the weekly shows. I actually wrote the main event and the ending of WrestleMania 27. John Cena vs. Undertaker. I am going to post it in my thread as well as a review of what I was going to do at WM27 and beyond. #closure

Thanks for all the support with the show. Enjoy the finale.

wm3_logo.png

WRESTLEMANIA 27
ATLANTA, GA | SUNDAY APRIL 3, 2011

SO WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED?

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP: ALBERTO DEL RIO (c) (w/Ricardo Rodriguez) vs. REY MYSTERIO

15p31w0.png

After Del Rio’s escape at the Elimination Chamber PPV, he would refuse to face Mysterio for a second time and would try to concentrate on earning a spot in the Money in the Bank match instead. However, Michael Cole would put Del Rio into a Cage Match with Mysterio; if Mysterio won, he would face Del Rio for the Intercontinental Championship at WrestleMania 27. Thanks to a mistake from Ricardo when he slammed the cage door on Del Rio – he was aiming for Rey – Mysterio escaped the cage and the title match was set. The week after, Ricardo, to prove himself to Del Rio, faces Mysterio which results in an easy win for Rey; Del Rio attacks though, Cross Arm Breaker for over five minutes and another injury for Mysterio? With Rey missing from SMACKDOWN, Del Rio wins matches comfortably using the Cross Arm Breaker and injures John Morrison and Kofi Kingston with the move until Rey returns to save Kingston. In the “go home” show, Mysterio and Kofi beat Del Rio and Big Show to gain momentum heading to WrestleMania.

WRESTLEMANIA 27 RESULT: REY MYSTERIO DEFEATS DEL RIO TO BECOME NEW INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION!

LOSER LEAVES RAW: EDGE vs. SHAWN MICHAELS (Special Referee: Chip Butty)​

After months of troubles between the RAW General Manager Shawn Michaels and the Rated R Superstar Edge, things come to a head when Edge lodges a formal complaint with the WWE Board of Directors about his treatment from HBK. WWE Owner Chip Butty upholds the complaint and says that he is suspending HBK as the General Manager until the Board of Directors reach their verdict. Edge suggests a match at WrestleMania; if HBK wins, he will withdraw the complaint and HBK guarantees his job. When HBK refuses, Edge adds further stipulations – the loser will leave RAW for good. If HBK can beat him, Edge leaves RAW. On the Old School RAW, HBK distracts Edge and Marty Janetty, HBK’s former partner, gets the win over him. A confrontation occurs and HBK accepts Edge’s WrestleMania challenge. At the contract signing, Edge reveals that he will get a WWE Championship match should he beat HBK and then HBK superkicks him – Butty punishes this by giving Edge the right to choose a special guest referee. The week before WrestleMania, Edge chooses Chip Butty as the referee and then the WWE owner distracts HBK for Edge to hit the Spear. The deck is stacked for HBK now …

WRESTLEMANIA 27 RESULT: EDGE DEFEATS SHAWN MICHAELS – HBK IS FIRED AS GENERAL MANAGER OF RAW!

NXT FINAL: DREW McINTYRE & JBL vs. KAVAL & THE ROCK

On NXT, Dolph Ziggler came third and survived in the WWE. Kaval, who won a Battle Royale and chose to switch teams as a reward, and Drew McIntyre made it to the final two and would meet at WrestleMania 27 to determine the winner of NXT Season 3. The return of the Rock at the final NXT revealed that JBL and McIntyre were the ones who attacked him backstage – JBL and Rock are added to the match. However, the stipulation is clear: Drew McIntyre must defeat Kaval or vice versa to end the match.

WRESTLEMANIA 27 RESULT: DREW McINTYRE PINS KAVAL TO WIN NXT SEASON 3!
… but he eats a Rock Bottom afterwards!

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP TRIPLE THREAT MATCH: BRITISH EMPIRE (c) (w/Finlay) vs. HART DYNASTY vs. CRYME TYME

After weeks of troubles, there is no separating the Harts and Cryme Tyme who are both desperate to face the Empire for the titles. A Triple Threat is called instead and they meet at WrestleMania …

WRESTLEMANIA 27 RESULT: BRITISH EMPIRE RETAIN THEIR TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS!

MONEY IN THE BANK LADDER MATCH: BIG SHOW vs. CHRISTIAN vs. DANIEL BRYAN vs. DOLPH ZIGGLER vs. JOHN MORRISON vs. KOFI KINGSTON vs. MATT HARDY vs. TED DIBIASE

After the qualifying matches on SMACKDOWN, seven of these men (excluding Ziggler) plus Jericho and Sheamus had qualified. When Sheamus and Jericho were pulled out of the match, it was reduced to an eight men match and Ziggler, as reward for finishing third on NXT, was added to the match. Lots of interaction between the eight heading into WrestleMania as you would expect.

WRESTLEMANIA 27 RESULT: KOFI KINGSTON WON THE MATCH TO EARN A TITLE SHOT IN THE FUTURE!

GRUDGE MATCH: CHRIS JERICHO vs. SHEAMUS

Both men cost each other the attempt to challenge in the Money in the Bank match after they’d already qualified. Instead, they are forced to face each other at WrestleMania!

WRESTLEMANIA 27 RESULT: SHEAMUS DEFEATS CHRIS JERICHO!

US CHAMPIONSHIP: JUSTIN GABRIEL (c) vs. SKIP SHEFFIELD (w/Nexus)

It turns out that Gabriel was the target for the Nexus all along – they didn’t want him to rejoin, they wanted a shot at the title. In the end, they decided that Skip Sheffield would challenge for the title …

WRESTLEMANIA 27 RESULT: SKIP SHEFFIELD DEFEATS JUSTIN GABRIEL TO BECOME THE US CHAMPION!

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP FATAL FOUR WAY: WADE BARRETT (c) vs. CM PUNK vs. JEFF HARDY vs. TRIPLE H

2mz9k0i.png

As determined on RAW recently, these four men would clash for the biggest prize in the WWE: the WWE Championship. Nothing fancy about the build, just four guys exchanging the momentum heading into the big event but which one of them would win it? Would the dominant champion retain his gold and prove himself? Would the veteran Triple H prove that he still had the tools to get the job done on the biggest stage? Would CM Punk finally realise his enormous potential with a huge WrestleMania moment? Or would the popular enigma that is Jeff Hardy get the biggest win of his career?

WRESTLEMANIA 27 RESULT: WADE BARRETT PINS TRIPLE H TO RETAIN HIS WWE CHAMPIONSHIP!

DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP: MICHELLE McCOOL (c) (w/Kharma) vs. TRISH STRATUS (w/Lita)

5ahxxi.png

With Kharma proving to be a constant thorn in the side of any Diva wishing to challenge McCool, Stratus got herself some backup – Lita! The popular duo returned just before WrestleMania ready to destroy Michelle and get the big win that the WWE Universe desired!

WRESTLEMANIA 27 RESULT: MICHELLE McCOOL DEFEATED TRISH STRATUS TO RETAIN THE DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP!
… thanks to an error by Lita!

GRUDGE MATCH: KURT ANGLE vs. RANDY ORTON

It turned out that Angle’s reason for hating Orton was his use of the Olympic Slam, aka the Angle Slam, and that was his justification for attacking Orton at the Rumble and the Elimination Chamber. The two continued to attack each other over the coming weeks and the match was set. Orton punted Hennig and Watson in the head to remove them from the reckoning and it would be one on one – the loser no longer able to use the Olympic Slam in their moveset.

WRESTLEMANIA 27 RESULT: RANDY ORTON DEFEATS KURT ANGLE!

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP HELL IN A CELL: THE UNDERTAKER (c) vs. JOHN CENA

jp7b4h.png

For the weeks after the Elimination Chamber, Cena would constantly have the upper hand over Taker. He seemed to know what was happening and when the Undertaker was going to do it. Every time Taker tried one of his fabled mind game tricks, Cena stepped in and denied him. Cena claimed that Taker was utterly predictable and began to get into the head of the Deadman. He suggested facing Taker in a Casket Match to show his determination to not only beat Undertaker and end the Streak but also to humiliate and embarrass him as well. In the end, Cena suggested the Hell in a Cell; Taker accepted it. Momentum began to change on the SMACKDOWN before WrestleMania though; Taker finally caught Cena and hit the Choke Slam. Scant revenge for a number of FU’s delivered by Cena, including one on top of a casket, but Taker showed he could still live with the wannabe World Champion …

WRESTLEMANIA 27 RESULT: COMING NEXT!

wm3_logo.png

WRESTLEMANIA 27
ATLANTA, GA | SUNDAY APRIL 3, 2011​

TONY CHIMEL: Ladies and Gentlemen …

There is an intense feeling of anticipation and excitement in the air now as the 70,000+ in the Georgia Dome here in Atlanta know what is coming next. All around the stadium, people get to their feet ready for the WrestleMania 27 main event …

TONY CHIMEL: This match is set for one fall and it is for the World Heavyweight Championship!

Cheers all around the stadium; this is what they are here for tonight! Can Undertaker continue his Streak and go 19-0 at WrestleMania? Or will Cena, the man with the new attitude, prove that he is everything he says he is and end the Streak to become the World Champion once again?

TONY CHIMEL: … and it will be contested inside …

There is almost revered silence in the stadium, the crowd are ready for this!

TONY CHIMEL: … HELL IN A CELL!

Huge cheers as the attention of the crowd is moved towards the huge canopy positioned above the ring. From within the gigantic holding box, the horrendous Cell begins to lower towards the ring as the spotlights and cameras focus on it. The Cell moves slowly down and all eyes are on it as we prepare for the main event. As it moves closer to the ring, we switch to the pre-match video …

*** START VIDEO ***
Three Days Grace
“Break!”
[YOUTUBE]iWikTMgijF4[/YOUTUBE]​

The video begins in black and white with a dark, eerie room, it seems like a dungeon. A single spotlight illuminates a chair, a small table with a remote control and a TV on a stand. Footsteps are heard and we see John Cena, dressed in black t-shirt and jean shorts, come into shot. He sits down on the chair and the camera switches to a view of his face as he picks up the remote control and presses play. Another angle shows the TV flicker into life and we see, in colour, the Undertaker making his WWF debut back in 1990 at the Survivor Series. On screen, the “Million Dollar Man” introduces his mystery partner.

MILLION DOLLAR MAN TED DIBIASE: Weighing in at 320 pounds, from Death Valley, I give you … The Undertaker! Hahahahaha!

We see Undertaker making his way out with Brother Love, his manager on debut, as we see John Cena watching on. He lifts the remote and presses and button and the scene on the screen changes – we now see Undertaker at WrestleMania 7 as he faces “Superfly” Jimmy Snuka in his first WrestleMania appearance. He drops him with a Tombstone and pins him; as Paul Bearer lifts the urn up high, we hear Bobby Heenan …

BOBBY HEENAN: I don’t believe it! That is “Superfly” Jimmy Snuka! That’s impressive … R.I.P.

Cena shakes his head and hits another button on the remote control and we move onwards to WrestleMania 13 as Taker challenged Psycho Sid for the WWE Championship. We see another Tombstone Piledriver and the traditional crossed arms pinfall before Undertaker stands up as the champion for the second time in his career.

HOWARD FINKEL: The winner of this match … and NEW World Wrestling Federation Champion … THE UNDERTAKER!

We see Undertaker raise the title belt above his head with his left hand and the crowd celebrating with him; however, it seems Cena is still not impressed. He jabs at another button on the remote control and the scene changes once more. Now, we see Undertaker at WrestleMania XX against his brother, Kane. We see another Tombstone Piledriver and down goes Kane once more; another victory as Taker goes 12-0 at Mania.

JIM ROSS: The return of the Deadman … at WrestleMania 20 … where the Undertaker has Tombstone Piledriven his demented brother Kane all the way to the outskirts of hell!

Angrily, Cena jabs at the control now and again, time passes on, we’re at WrestleMania 23 when Taker went up against the animal, Batista. We see Undertaker shove Batista head first into the buckles and then scoop him up. As the crowd go wild, Taker drops Batista down onto his head and makes the cover to become the World Heavyweight Champion once again.

MICHAEL COLE: 15 and 0! 15 and 0 … at WrestleMania! And none bigger than what the Undertaker accomplished tonight.

Cena is getting restless in the chair now and he speaks for the first time.

JOHN CENA: 15-0 – and you still haven’t beaten anybody that counts …

As we see Undertaker celebrating with the World Championship, Cena presses another button and we move on again; this time, we end up at WrestleMania 24 as Undertaker takes, and survives, two Spears from Edge before locking in the “Hell’s Gate” submission hold that forces Edge to tap out. As Taker celebrates with fireworks and the World Championship, again, as Cole hypes up another impressive win on the biggest night of the year to make it 16-0!

MICHAEL COLE: 16 and 0 at WrestleMania! The Undertaker’s legend grows! The Deadman has risen!

Cena looks more annoyed than ever …

JOHN CENA: No, no, no, no … NO!

Another button press from Cena and he stands up angrily now as the scene shifts to highlights of WrestleMania 25 and 26 when Undertaker faced Shawn Michaels twice. It ends with HBK slapping Taker round the face and then being given a huge, jumping Tombstone to end the career of the legendary Heart Break Kid himself …

MICHAEL COLE: The Undertaker goes 18 and 0 … Shawn Michaels’ career is over.

Cena leaps up infuriated and yells at the TV in anger as 18-0 is emblazoned on the titantron and fireworks explode …

JOHN CENA: NOOOOOO!

Cena puts his right foot through the TV screen and kicks it hard so that it topples over and sparks fly everywhere. The camera zooms in on Cena’s angry face and he glares into the camera.

JOHN CENA: Until he beats me, the Streak … means … nothing!

{INSTRUMENTAL OPENING}

As “Break!” by Three Days Grace begins, we see shots from the Royal Rumble as Cena eliminates Randy Orton to win the match and earn the right to headline WrestleMania 27 …

JIM ROSS: Cena! Cena! Cena wins the Rumble!

However, the scene quickly changes to Elimination Chamber where the SMACKDOWN Elimination Chamber match for the World Championship ends. This time, we see Undertaker winning the World Heavyweight Championship, for the ninth time in his storied career, as he hits the Tombstone Piledriver on Kofi Kingston …

MICK FOLEY: What a legend this man is! Nine time World Champion! Wow!

Once more, we see Cena stood in the darkened room, without the lights from the TV now, and he speaks calmly into the camera.

JOHN CENA: Now, he can’t run. Let’s see how good he really is, shall we?

As the music begins with the lyrics, we see shots of both men dominating SMACKDOWN as they have done recently as usual. We also see shots of Cena’s antics towards the fans as he shows his contempt for them now.

Tonight, my head is spinning,
I need something to pick me up,
I’ve tried but nothing is working,
I won’t stop,
I won’t say I’ve had enough,
Tonight, I start the fire,
Tonight, I break away.

As we move into the chorus, we see the video focus more on Cena as he is laughing in the ring. It is footage from his first promo on SMACKDOWN when he returned where he proclaimed himself a changed man. Footage from Survivor Series and RAW when Cena screwed Orton out of the WWE Championship are shown followed by some brutal action from his feud with Orton at Vengeance and Elimination Chamber. Cena is shown laughing between each clip …

Break away from everybody,
Break away from everything,
If you can’t stand the way,
This place is,
Take yourself to higher places.

Action now comes from Undertaker and his battles with Kane and CM Punk in recent weeks and months. Interspersed between these are more clips from Taker’s illustrious WrestleMania career that weren’t shown earlier: his defeat of Triple H at WrestleMania 17, Ric Flair at WrestleMania 18 and Randy Orton at WrestleMania 21.

At night I feel like a vampire,
It’s not right,
I just can’t give it up,
I’ll try to get myself higher,
Let’s go,
We’re going to light it up,
Tonight we start the fire,
Tonight we break away.

As the chorus hits, the clips speed up with a number of Undertaker choke slams, Tombstone Piledriver’s and Hell’s Gate submissions shown against a range of WWE superstars.

This place is,

Footage of Cena and Undertaker face to face from a recent SMACKDOWN is shown as the song slows down a little …

{INSTRUMENTAL}

We see and hear clips of both men commenting from recent shows on SMACKDOWN …

JOHN CENA: Your Streak is just not that impressive, Deadman!

THE UNDERTAKER: Be careful what you wish for, Cena.

JOHN CENA: You’re a coward, you’ve never faced me!

THE UNDERTAKER: I’m going to destroy you inside the Cell …

JOHN CENA: I will be World Champion … and I will end the Streak!

THE UNDERTAKER: You will … Rest … In … Peace!

If you can’t stand the way this place is,
Take (take) yourself (yourself),
To higher places.

We now start seeing action between the two men – even though there hasn’t been much – as Cena took the upper hand in the early build to this feud. We see Cena smash Taker in the back with the title belt and hit numerous FU’s to him …

This place is,

(ohh…higher places)
(ohh…to higher places)
(ohh…higher places)

We see Undertaker getting revenge with a Choke Slam before the song and the video end with both men staring at each other, the WrestleMania logo visible between them, as we hear their final thoughts …

JOHN CENA: Your fabled Streak is in danger, Deadman.

THE UNDERTAKER: You are going to …

JOHN CENA: You’ve never beaten one of the top guys!

THE UNDERTAKER: REST

JOHN CENA: It means nothing if you don’t beat a star in their prime!

THE UNDERTAKER: IN

JOHN CENA: You can’t beat me either!

THE UNDERTAKER: PEACE!

The video comes to an end with Cena staring at the camera once more …

JOHN CENA: Rest in peace … the Streak.

Lightning bolts and thunder appear on screen and we see a quick glimpse of the Undertaker holding the World Championship up high before the screen goes black to end the video.

*** END VIDEO ***

The buzz of anticipation is still in the stadium after witnessing the pre-match video on the screen and the crowd are ready to blow now. An “Un-der-ta-ker!” chant begins in the arena and builds louder and louder and louder until we hear the opening bars of the music of the challenger …

“MY TIME IS NOW”

However, before the song lyrics can begin, the theme tune dies off with some static noise and then a clunk as if somebody has switched it off. The lights in the stadium fade and the titantron lights up with Cena looking menacing on it as a new theme tune is introduced …

[YOUTUBE]RYmI803GXZs[/YOUTUBE]

“BEATS, RHYMES AND LIFE”
*** JOHN CENA ***
WEST NEWBURY, MA | ROYAL RUMBLE 2011 WINNER

Cena heads out onto the stage and is illuminated by a spotlight as he stands with his head down looking to his feet. When the rapping begins, Cena raises his head and the lights come back on as he heads down the huge ramp and towards the ring. He laughs in the faces of the fans at the side of the walkway before scuttling to the ring and sliding into the ring under the bottom rope. He leaps up onto the corner ropes and he throws up his hands; what used to generate cheers now gets booed out of the stadium by 70,000 people, to Cena’s amusement, but he goes over to the other side and repeats the trick. At ringside, Foley announces that he believes that Cena is the biggest ever threat to the storied Streak of the Phenom and that tonight could spell the end of the Streak; 18-1.

** GONG! **
** GONG! **
** GONG! **
** GONG! **
** GONG! **

The crowd come unglued as they await the arrival of their WrestleMania hero. As the lights fall once more, the eerie music of the Phenom begins …

“GRAVEYARD SYMPHONY”
*** THE UNDERTAKER ***
DEATH VALLEY | WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

The stage comes alive with purple, blue and grey as Undertaker makes his way out amongst the dry ice and the fire, his shadow casting a presence over all in the stadium. Slowly, he makes his way towards the ring, decked out in a long black coat, as millions of flashlights pop all around the arena at this once in a lifetime experience. Taker makes it to the corner of the ring and he raises his hands as he stands on the ring steps inside the Cell. On come the lights and we see Undertaker, stood in the corner of the Cell, glaring across the ropes at Cena who, to give him credit, does not appear intimidated. He watches as Taker steps through the ropes and remains in the ring whilst Taker removes his coat and his hat. The referee takes the garments away to leave Undertaker stood in the centre of the ring with just the World Championship around his waist to be removed. He does this and hands it to the official before looking round the Cell and then back to Cena. The monstrosity of Hell in a Cell is perfect for Taker but will it be up Cena’s street as well?

TONY CHIMEL: This match is set for one fall and it is for the WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP!

Huge noise in the stadium for the announcement …

TONY CHIMEL: And it will be contested inside … HELL IN A CELL!

More cheers as the referee holds up the title belt and looks around the Cell, he must be wondering what on earth he is going to witness here tonight!

TONY CHIMEL: Introducing first, the challenger …

Boos echo around the stadium as the first introduction begins …

TONY CHIMEL: From West Newbury, Massachusetts, weighing in at 251 pounds … JOHN CENA!

Boos as Cena throws his hands up again before stepping back to his corner and shadow boxing as he waits and waits to get started …

TONY CHIMEL: His opponent …

The boos immediately turn to cheers …

TONY CHIMEL: From Death Valley … He is the World Heavyweight Champion … THE UNDERTAKER!

The cheers and the atmosphere are deafening as Taker stands glaring over at Cena; no fancy showmanship from him. Just a determination to succeed, to retain his title and to continue the Streak. The announcer exits the ring and the Cell before the door is chained and padlocked shut. It is time for the main event of WrestleMania 27!

jp7b4h.png

* DING *
* DING *
* DING *

20120315_belts_heavyweight.png

“HELL IN A CELL” MATCH

THE UNDERTAKER (c) vs. JOHN CENA

The atmosphere in the stadium for the main event is electric as Cena and Taker stand in opposite corners of the ring, engulfed in the huge entity that is “Hell in a Cell”, facing each other. Neither man moves out quickly when the bell rings, it seems that both realise that one false move tonight could be disastrous for them. Tentatively, Cena steps forward towards Undertaker who is in fighting stance and waiting for Cena to strike. However, as the cameras catch Cena’s eyes, there appears to be an element of nerves with the man who claims to not be fazed by all of the hype surrounding Taker’s WrestleMania streak. The crowd are red hot as the pair of them slowly sidestep round the ring in a circle, always 180 degrees apart, facing each other and prowling the circumference of the ring waiting for the opportunity. A huge “Un-der-ta-ker!” chant begins in the stadium and the gaps in the middle are filled with “Cena sucks!” chants as well; Cena is up against the Atlanta crowd here tonight who want to see the Phenom destroy him. With the crowd desperate to see them go, the two gladiators come together and start to dance, looking for the chance to strike, arms waving as they wait. Undertaker corners Cena into the corner and swings a right hand, Cena ducks it … SLAP! The crowd gasp as Cena resorts to a desperate move designed to simply wind Undertaker up big time. The look of shock on Taker’s face quickly turns to anger and he stalks towards Cena who exits through the ropes as Taker tries to deliver retribution.

Cena goes on the defensive, a smirk passing over his face, as Undertaker steps through the ropes and down from the apron to come after him. It is clearly his intention to wind up the Deadman and take him out of his usual focused mindset. As Undertaker rounds the corner to come after Cena, the Royal Rumble winner dives back under the ropes and into the ring followed by the Phenom. Cena delivers a few stomp kicks to the back and shoulders of Undertaker but he cannot keep him down, Taker swots him away and Cena again hightails it out of the ring out of his reach. Taker is getting wound up now and he again follows Cena out of the ring. This time, as he rounds the corner of the ring and heads towards Cena, the 9 time World/WWE Champion dives under the ring apron and out of sight to the crowd. Taker ducks down and looks under the apron as well; he reaches under but appears not to catch Cena who reappears on the adjacent side of the ring. He leaps onto the ring steps and, with Taker’s back exposed, he uses the Kendo Stick in his hand to smash Taker on the back. This didn’t take long to head to the extreme, did it? Taker comes out from under the apron cover wincing and looking round for Cena who stands out of view waiting … BAM! “Oooh!” goes the mammoth 70,000+ crowd as Cena’s Kendo Stick connects with the side of Taker’s ribs. BAM! Another shot to the ribs and – however much he protests – there is nothing the official can do; this is “Hell in a Cell” after all! Taker spins round once more and Cena again swings the Kendo Stick at the side of the ribcage but this time Taker traps it and pulls the stick towards him. As Cena’s momentum carries him towards the Deadman, a choke thrust connects with Cena and down he goes as the World Champion gets in his first offence of the night to the delight of the crowd.

Cena bounces up quickly and tries to make an escape but he stumbles on the steps and this allows Taker to close in. Another choke thrust connects and Cena falls back first into the steel meshing that is surrounding the outside of the ring. A third choke thrust from Taker who then kicks the challenger hard in the guts. Cena falls to his hands and knees as Taker grabs the discarded Kendo Stick. The crowd cheer their encouragement as Taker measures and then smashes it hard over the exposed back on Cena who rolls in pain on the mat floor. As Cena scrambles back to the steel steps, Taker drops to his knees and pins him back against the steel with the Kendo Stick across his throat. Again, there is no disqualification, Cena writhes and squirms as Taker chokes him and, just three minutes into the fight, this is already as intense as we thought it would be. Angrily, Taker releases Cena, realising he can’t win out here, and tosses the battered Kendo Stick away. It flies high up and clatters into the mesh steel side before falling down to the floor. Taker turns his attention back to Cena but that momentary loss of focus allowed Cena to reach under the ring again and he jams the edge of a steel chair into the left knee of Taker who cries out in pain at the cheap shot. Taker spins round, limping a little for a second, before running back towards Cena looking to crush him against the steps. However, Cena is quicker than expected, he uses a perfectly executed Drop Toe Hold to take the champion down and Undertaker falls head first into the ring steps with a clatter. The top half of the steps come loose with the impact as Taker sprawls over them and Cena, needing some respite, grabs the chair and heads back into the ring under the bottom rope to gather himself.

There are, of course, no countouts in “Hell in a Cell” either; Cena waits in the ring for his opponent and foe to get back into the ring. Undertaker slowly gets to his knees after the fall over the steps and slides under the bottom rope into the ring as well. Leaving the chair in the corner, Cena pounces on Taker and – for the first time so far – we have a little normal wrestling as Cena looks to take advantage of his fallen victim. Cena stomps away at Taker’s back and shoulders once more before dropping a stiff elbow into the kidneys of the Deadman to make him wince once more. As Taker uses the ropes to get back up, Cena hits the ropes behind him and comes off them behind Taker to hit a Bulldog and drive Taker’s face into the mat. For the first time tonight, we have a pinfall attempt as Cena hooks the leg …

1!
NO!

Powerful, early kick out from Taker!

Taker powers out easily and Cena isn’t surprised by the look of him. He gets back to his feet quickly and stomps at Taker’s midriff this time before a disrespectful boot to the face to simply shove the World Champion back down. As Taker gets back up again, Cena goes to the corner and climbs the buckles … Leg Drop to the back of Undertaker’s head, he crashes down face first into the mat again. Cena makes another cover here, surely not yet?

1!
2!
NO!

Undertaker again kicks out with no problems!

As Undertaker again scrambles up to his feet, Cena walks over to the corner and picks up the steel chair that he used earlier tonight. He lifts it and walks over towards the Deadman before positioning himself ready to strike once again. As Taker gets up and straightens himself, many people expect him to counter but Cena manages to drill the chair hard into the gut of Taker before readjusting it to smash it over his back as well … BAM! Cena continues to use the chair and now attacks the left leg once again … BAM! BAM! BAM! Smashing it over and over on the left leg and knee of Taker, Cena is making a statement here as he legitimately tries to injure the World Champion’s leg and knee. With Taker gasping in pain now, Cena unfolds the chair and places it over the left knee so that the bar under the seat presses down on Taker’s leg. Cena sits on the chair and Taker cries out in pain a little, the pressure is building on the knee and the Phenom is trying to pull his knee away. As Taker sits up a little to try and shove Cena and the chair off, Cena mocks his foe by slapping him once more and shoving him back down on the mat. At one point, Cena gets off the chair, folds it again and slams it down onto the knee again … BAM! Cena then repositions the chair over the knee and again applies pressure this time by standing with one foot on the seat. Another elbow drop follows before Cena makes another cover and hooks the injured knee …

1!
2!
NO!

Taker kicks out again!

So far, Cena’s tactics have worked to perfection and he is in complete control of the match. He again picks up the steel chair … BAM! Another shot to the injured knee of Taker and the Deadman is now clearly in pain as he holds the knee with his hands. Cena smirks as he looks down on Taker and he tosses the chair through the ropes to the outside. Cena rolls Undertaker over onto his front and he starts trying to tie Taker’s legs up … Can he hook it in? Cena is going for the STFU here but Taker fights hard against it, despite the pain in his knee, and he manages to use his feet to shove Cena away. Both men get to their feet, Cena swings for Undertaker but the Deadman manages to duck it and he clotheslines Cena up and over the top rope. Cena lands on his feet but can’t stop himself from falling back into the steel meshing whereas Taker can hardly stand right now. However, this is WrestleMania and the cheers of the crowd seem to motivate Taker. He hits the opposite ropes and sets off towards Cena, he leaps over the top rope in his trademark Suicide Dive … But Cena moves out of the way and Taker collides, face first, with the side of the Cell before crumpling to the floor as the crowd gasp in shock. A short “Holy S**t!” chant breaks out as Cena moves away to allow himself a second to recover but Taker, despite being more experienced than any other WWE superstar inside this “Hell in a Cell” environment, is down, out and looks beaten already. He is a crumpled mess and Cena appears to have this match in the palm of his hands if wants it.

However, we all know that Cena of late has had a sadistic streak. His matches with Orton were legendary but also brutal and Cena draws on those experiences again right now. He reaches under the ring again and pulls out a set of handcuffs to the dismay of the referee and the WWE Universe. As Cena heads over to the fallen Undertaker, the referee protests from inside the ring but to no avail. Cena grabs the arm of Undertaker and cuffs it before attempting to cuff the other half to the cell. The referee spots the key on the floor and he exits the ring and grabs it before heading over to where Cena is cuffing Undertaker. The referee tries to stop Cena but, with a look of annoyance on his face, Cena shoves him away before stating “It’s No DQ, idiot!” and continuing. However, this moment of distraction gives Taker a chance and he launches a stunning right hand that crashes into Cena’s face and staggers him. The crowd cheer and encourage Taker on as he gets to his feet, staggering and wobbling, he hits another couple of right hands to Cena before grabbing him by the throat. Undertaker forces Cena back into the ring apron, breathing deep and menacingly, he appears to be trying to choke the life out of Cena but the Rumble winner and challenger is resourceful if nothing else … LOW BLOW! CENA RAISES HIS FOOT AND HITS A BLATANT LOW BLOW! The referee is angry at what he sees but, as Cena reminded him seconds ago, there is No DQ in this contest. Cena grabs Taker by the head and neck and he runs him back into the side of the cage, head first, Taker slumps down once more and Cena is able to take the cuffed hand and attach it to the side of the cell as he wanted to in the first place.

With his left hand out of commission, Taker is now in an unenviable place. The only saving grace appears to be that there is no way that Cena can actually end the match here via a pinfall; although Taker could be forced to quit instead of course. Both outcomes seem unlikely so Cena looks like he is going to have to severely weaken Taker before releasing him back to the ring. Cena goes to work with heavy right hands that connect with Undertaker over and over and over again. As he strikes, Cena talks trash to Undertaker and he is audibly heard saying “How’s the Streak going now, Deadman?” and “Give it up, stay down and die!” to the disgust of many in the stadium. The challenger backs away after several shots and appears to be relishing this as he wounds Undertaker; this might not just be the end of the Streak, this could be the end of a career if Cena carries on. Cena heads to the corner of the ring and he uses his right foot to shove the already loosened ring steps apart. With his impressive strength, Cena lifts the steel steps up and carries them over towards Taker. He measures and waits, holding the steps up high, preparing to throw them into the face of the Deadman. The crowd go wild at the idea, they want to see Cena stopped but there is no way he can be. As Taker staggers up to a standing position, Cena launches the steps at him and they crash into the upper part of his right arm before falling to the floor and clattering against the side of the Cell. Cena rolls into the ring as the referee desperately checks on the condition of the World Champion and mocks the fans; “You can’t see me!” he yells but his lack of focus could bite him here. The referee, Cena is unaware, has the key to the cuffs and he unlocks them from the wrist of Taker and the Cell wall.

When Cena goes back over towards Taker, he is unaware that the Deadman, although severely wounded, is now free. Half of the crowd haven’t got an inkling either. Cena steps through the ropes and he stands on the edge of the apron looking down at Taker before he leaps off looking for a double axe handle chop. However, Taker sees him coming and suddenly grabs Cena by the throat to the surprise and delight of the fans. He lifts Cena up high in the air … CHOKE SLAM! UNDERTAKER CHOKE SLAMS CENA ON THE OUTSIDE! As Cena lands hard on the floor, Undertaker slumps down to his knees, it seems that Choke Slam took all his effort right now after the beating he has been handed so far. However, hope springs for Undertaker and his supporters – could he yet do the unthinkable? As Taker is down, the referee unlocks the cuffs completely and removes them from his wrist and Cena, in pain slumped on the floor, notices. An angry look passes his face but right now he cannot do anything except try to recover. Cena does get to his feet first but he decides to put distance between himself and his opponent as slowly clambers into the ring out of the way.

A minute passes without anything happening; Cena is recovering from a brutal landing from the Choke Slam and Taker is still slumped on the floor from the hell he has been through so far. However, as Cena gets to his knees, he starts mouthing at the referee who is also in the ring. “Why did you unlock the cuffs?” he appears to ask the official before stating that he “had no right, it’s no DQ!” as well. Cena gets to his feet and gets in the face of the official who isn’t backing down despite the provocative nature of Cena’s complaint. Cena shoves the official hard in the chest but the official, tough as anything, shoves Cena in the chest back. Angry at the actions of the referee, Cena does the unthinkable and hits a right hand into the face of the referee to the anger of thousands at ringside and all the commentary team. Boos ring out around the stadium but Cena doesn’t care; this is all about the World Championship. He drags the referee back up and lifts him onto his shoulders … FU! CENA HITS THE FU … TO THE REFEREE! As the boos ring out around the Georgia Dome, Cena looks down on the referee and yells at him “You should have stayed out of it!” before shoving him and rolling him under the bottom rope to the outside. Cena gets up to his feet with a smirk on his face … but behind him, as the yells of the WWE Universe tell us, Undertaker is back up. CHOKE SLAM! ANOTHER CHOKE SLAM FROM TAKER! He collapses over Cena for a pinfall …

… but there is no official to make the call. The crowd chant along 1 … 2 … 3! but it is irrelevant. It doesn’t count. Taker looks around the Cell and sees the referee immobilised on the outside of the ring with several other officials – referees, doctors, medics – all gathered at the door of the Cell checking on him. With serious worries for his health, the door to the Cell is opened and in stream the medics to tend to the official. Undertaker stands and looks over the top rope with a look of frustration on his face; he shouts to some of the officials but their only concern right now is with the fallen referee. This delay from Taker is allowing Cena time to recover and he sneaks up behind Taker and crashes into his back and shoulders to knock him face first over the top rope. Taker lands amongst the carnage at the door, more pain for the referee as Taker lands on his leg, and chaos resumes. Cena slides through the ropes and lands beside Taker as he gets to his knees, Cena smashes his forearm into the back of Taker’s head over and over before driving him head first into the side of the Cell. Realising the medics have brought a backboard down for the referee, Cena grabs it and holds it up; when Taker spins round, Cena smashes him in the face and knocks him down once more. The backboard is used again as Cena drives the edge of it into the lower back of Undertaker several times before throwing it back down for the medics. A grin passes over Cena’s face as he helps the groggy Undertaker back under the ropes and into the ring. He leaps up onto the apron and climbs the buckles up to the top rope. Taker struggles back up, head down, Cena leaps off the top rope – Leg Drop across the back of Taker’s head and shoulders driving his face into the mat once more. Cena considers a pinfall but then realises that the referee is still out of it so he stands over Taker as if to make a point. He puts his foot on the lower back of Taker and uses his fingers to count out … 1 … 2 … 3! Laughing, Cena protests to the medics and officials as they help the referee out and demands another referee. As the original referee is helped away, a new referee signals for the door to be chained shut again and it appears we have a new official. Cena demands that he hurries up and gets back in the ring but the referee is insistent that the door is fully shut first. As Cena complains, Undertaker recovers and he gets to his knees. Cena turns his attention back to Taker and receives a right hand from the Deadman, from his knees, a choke thrust that staggers the challenger.

The crowd cheer as Undertaker appears to be showing signs of fighting back still despite Cena’s dominance so far. The World Champion strikes with more choke thrusts that continue to stagger Cena back into the ropes before Taker whips Cena over the ring into the ropes. As Cena comes back, Taker hits a flying lariat clothesline that knocks Cena down to the mat. Huge impact there from Undertaker. He makes the cover …

1!
2!
NO!

Cena kicks out!

Undertaker is up first though and ready to strike again. He hooks Cena’s head and hits a brutal DDT that crashes Cena face first into the mat as the crowd roar their encouragement. Limping, Undertaker exits the ring and, differing completely from his usual moveset, climbs to the top rope himself. He stands with one foot on the top turnbuckle, ready to launch, and waits for Cena to spin round. It proves to be a mistake as Cena suddenly jumps out and shoulders the top rope and causes Taker to wobble. Cena quickly climbs up to the middle buckle and grabs Taker and looks for a superplex instead. He locks Taker’s head up and looks to lift him up and over but the suplex is countered. Taker fights out of the facelock and he shoves Cena hard so that he wobbles on the ropes as well. Cena swings a wild right hand but Taker manages to duck it and then hits another choke thrust before setting up for a new move. He grabs Cena and lifts him up in the air … Top rope spinebuster! Cena crashes down hard on his back as Undertaker forces him down, the impact on the ring is frightening as it shakes, Undertaker holds Cena down and the referee makes a cover.

1!
2!
NO!

Cena kicks out and gets his shoulder up!

It appears that Taker has turned the tide here and he grabs Cena’s right arm as they both get up. He twists it several times before backing to the corner and climbing the ropes. Balancing, Taker walks the ropes as the crowd cheer this vintage move and then he leaps off the rope and crashes an arm down across Cena’s back. John Cena manages to get up from this quickly but Taker whips him across the ring again … Sidewalk Slam! Taker has put Cena down once again, he makes another cover as he looks to retain his title …

1!
2!
NO!

Another kick out from Cena!

wm3_logo.png

WRESTLEMANIA 27
(continued)

In desperation, Cena jumps up and swings again at Taker but the veteran appears to be one step ahead of Cena right now as he ducks once more. The Deadman lifts Cena quickly to his shoulders and runs him to the corner and drops him – Snake Eyes! As Cena wobbles back from his impact with the top buckle, Taker spins away and hits the ropes before hitting a huge Big Boot that almost knocks Cena’s head off his shoulders! Cena is in big trouble here as Undertaker makes another cover …

1!
2!
NO!

Cena gets his shoulder up in time though!

Cena staggers away, his legs giving way below him, to the corner of the ring but he is not safe from the Deadman. In the corner, Undertaker delivers a series of right hands to Cena that stun him over and over before he whips him across the ring to the opposite corner. Undertaker follows this with a huge clothesline in the corner and Cena’s head wobbles on his head once more. Cena falls down on the mat as Undertaker steps away for a second. He crawls under the bottom rope to try and escape but Undertaker drops an elbow into the lower back of Cena and he is stopped with his head overhanging the apron now. Perfect set up for Taker; he goes through the ropes and runs along the edge of the mat before dropping a huge leg over the back of Cena’s head. Groggy, Cena falls to the floor in pain and Undertaker joins him outside the ring. He notices the discarded ring steps that Cena threw at him earlier tonight and immediately heads towards them. He lifts them up and holds them as Cena gets up before throwing them six feet through the air at Cena. A look of fear passes Cena’s face but he avoids the contact and the steps smash into the side of the Cell and rip part of it from the frame. There are huge cheers in the arena as a way out of the Cell appears and this must mean something! Will the two participants in this match be coming out of the Cell?

Not yet. In desperation to stem the momentum that Taker has built, Cena picks up the Kendo Stick from earlier in the match and he smashes it into the sternum of Undertaker to buy himself some time. Cena puts distance between them as he heads around the ring to the opposite side. Cena spends time recovering and takes some deep breaths as the match ticks past 20:00 now. How long can these two continue smashing each other the way they are? Undertaker rolls back into the ring and Cena ducks down below the mat to look for another weapon. He pulls out a trash can and tosses it into the ring before pulling out a second and jumping into the ring with it. He jumps to his feet as Undertaker spins round and Cena crashes the Deadman in the head with the can to the shock of the fans in the stadium. Desperate times, desperate measures – in the WrestleMania main event, a head shot appears to be ‘acceptable’ in the WWE it seems. Cena tosses the can aside and positions himself waiting for Undertaker to turn ... FU! CENA HITS THE UNDERTAKER WITH THE FU! Centre of the ring, Taker is flat on his back and looking up at the stars, we have a new World Champion here! It’s over!

1!
2!
NO!

Unbelievably, Undertaker kicks out!

Huge cheers in the stadium as the Undertaker manages to keep the Streak alive – for now, at least. Cena looks angry at Undertaker’s resilience and he yells at him “Stay down!” before punching him hard in the face several times. Undertaker is hurting big time, clutching his knee and his back, as Cena gets up and looks at the trash can again. He grabs it and raises it up before bringing it down hard and fast into the midriff of Taker, once, twice, three times. Cena looks like a man possessed by the idea of ending the Streak and being World Champion and he positions the can on the mat before taunting the crowd by cutting his throat, the same way as Taker does, to signal that the end is here. Cena waits and waits for Taker to get up to his knees, this looks ominous. As Taker wobbles to his feet, groggy and looking like the lights are out, Cena lifts him again onto his shoulders … FU ONTO THE TRASH CAN! CENA HITS A SECOND FU AND TAKER LANDS ON THE STEEL TRASH CAN! The crowd are in disbelief, many have their heads in their hands as Cena crawls over Taker once more and hooks his injured leg …

1!
2!
NO!

How the hell has Undertaker done that?

The crowd are in complete disbelief over what they have just seen. The referee looks amazed that he hasn’t counted 3, his hand was so close. As for Cena, he simply sits there looking at Undertaker with his mouth open. Frustration passes over Cena’s face and he pounds the mat in anger. What has he got to do here to defeat the Deadman? What has he got to do to end the Streak and win the World Championship? Another “Un-der-ta-ker!” chant breaks out and it gathers momentum until the whole stadium, or near enough, is stood chanting. Cena covers his ears and screams at the Atlanta crowd to “Shut up!” as he tries to consider his next move. However, this just winds them up even more and the chant gets louder. Cena looks angry and he makes up his mind. He shoves the squashed trash can away and ties Undertaker’s legs up … STFU! CENA LOCKS IN THE STFU NOW! Will the Undertaker tap out? Can Cena do what no man has ever done and force the Deadman to tap out? Cena strains and screams as he tries to stretch Undertaker’s back and neck back as far as they can go. Undertaker’s face is red with pain and stress as Cena pulls back and locks in the submission. Taker is three or four feet away from the ring ropes though and Cena has no intention of letting him get there. After two FU’s, there appears little chance that Taker can make it to the ropes either. He tries to slither over towards them but Cena’s weight and his own are almost impossible to move right now.

Cena is screaming out as he tries to force Undertaker to tap out but the Phenom isn’t going to. Not at WrestleMania. Not with his Streak and the World Championship on the line? The referee is down at the side of Taker and ready to signal for the bell should he need to. The crowd roar encouragement at Undertaker but he is getting no nearer to the ropes. Desperation sets in for Cena as he releases the crossface element of the STFU and batters the Deadman around the head and shoulders a little more before locking it back in again. Cena pulls back as hard as he can and appears to be giving it everything here to end the match. But the Undertaker refuses to tap out, he refuses and now he is inching towards the ropes. Cena can’t believe it, he looks astonished as Taker drags the pair of them to the ropes and reaches out … Not quite there! He strains again and again but still not there. Cena pulls back again … but Taker makes it to the ropes! Taker grasps the bottom rope and the referee signals for the break – but Cena refuses to break! The referee protests but Cena, quite rightly, says he doesn’t have to break in a “Hell in a Cell” match. However, Undertaker now has the rope and he pulls himself further across the ring with the ropes and under the rope which is now getting in the way. Eventually, with the rope cutting in between them, Cena releases and Taker falls out of the ring and to the floor clutching at his neck, shoulders and back to add to the pain in his legs from earlier in the night.

Cena looks devastated in the ring. He is on his knees and holding his head now – two FU’s and an STFU held in for over 2 minutes. What is it going to take to defeat this legend? Outside the ring, Taker crawls on his hands and knees and Cena grabs the other trash can that he tossed into the ring before. He follows Taker outside the ring and, as Taker pulls himself up a little on the ring steps, Cena smashes the trash can over his back. The noise echoes around the Cell and Taker drops down face first onto the floor once more. Cena calculates his options for a second and then glances to the loose Cell panel to the side of them. He thinks some more and then heads to the panel and shoves it to reveal the broken side. He boots at it over and over to widen the gap and then a smile spreads across his face. He drags the broken, battered Undertaker to the side of the Cell and forces him head first through the gap. However, Taker is coming round a little again and he responds with an elbow to the mid-section before Cena can shove him through. Caught out, Cena is winded a little and Undertaker, from his knees, pounds the stomach of Cena as he buys time to get to his feet. Cena has no answer right now and Taker does get to his feet before whipping Cena hard into the side of the Cell. Cena’s shoulder smashes into the Cell and he bounces back into the path of Taker … Big Boot! Cena goes down on the outside of the ring and the crowd cheer their approval although there is some disappointment in the stadium that the two of them didn’t exit the Cell just there.

Undertaker takes a moment as he recovers again before he grabs Cena by the back of the neck. He smashes Cena head first into the side of the Cell over and over as the crowd chant along “1 … 2 … 3 … 4 … 5” until they reach 10. Taker again whips Cena down the side of the ring and this time Cena collides hard with the steel ring steps. Cheering echoes around the stadium as Undertaker gets back on top in the match and Cena writhes in pain on the floor. Undertaker heads over to Cena, drags him up and looks to throw him in the ring – but then spots the opening in the wall of the Cell. Still holding Cena by the back of his neck, Taker looks from the gap up to the roof of the Cell and sadistic smile spreads across his face. The crowd cheer once more as Taker drives Cena head first through the gap and Cena hangs limp two thirds outside the Cell. Taker stomps the legs of Cena to send him fully out and now we have a dangerous situation brewing. Taker steps through after Cena and he smiles again as he looks down on the challenger. He looks next at the announce tables and then he cuts his throat as if to tell the world that Cena is about to pay for his sins. Taker grabs Cena once more and again drives him head first into the outside of the Cell before beginning to clear the Spanish announce table of its covers and equipment. Taker then grabs Cena and as he drags him up, he is heard to say “Now it is time for you to pay!” before he lifts him up and over … LAST RIDE THROUGH THE TABLE! UNDERTAKER SMASHES CENA THROUGH THE TABLE WITH THE LAST RIDE! The announce desk splinters under the weight of Cena’s falling body and there is no sign of movement from the Royal Rumble winner as he lays among the debri. “This is awesome!” and then “Holy sh*t!” echo around the stadium as Undertaker, taking another second to shake himself off, looks round. After the beating he has taken from Cena tonight, there is no doubt that Undertaker is now enjoying himself.

The match is now winding towards the 30:00 mark and Undertaker has control. He steps over the wreckage and looks down on Cena who is out cold after the ‘Last Ride’ through the table moments ago. He now glances over at the announce table where the main announce team are sat, mouths open wide at what they are seeing, and another smile spreads over his face. Tired, Undertaker again clears the announce table covers and equipment as the crowd go crazy. What is Taker going to do this time? The crowd react with huge cheers before he pulls Cena up and drags his lifeless, limp body over to the table. Cena is rolled onto the top of the table and Taker leaves him lying there before stepping up onto the top of the table as well. He lifts Cena up and cuts his throat, a look of pure loathing in his eyes, before setting Cena up for what looks like a Tombstone Piledriver. However, out of nowhere, Cena – maybe due to some last drop of adrenaline in his veins – manages to counter his way out of the hold and drops behind Taker. He chop blocks the back of Taker’s injured knee to leave the Deadman holding it again before retreating back a little, wobbling and staggering, hurting more than ever in his career. Cena looks, amazingly, fearful as he watches the movements of the Deadman. However, he is ready to strike and as Undertaker gets gingerly down from the announce table, Cena waits for him to turn and then clotheslines him down flat on his back. More time bought by Cena as he tries to come up with some way to win this match. Cena recovers a little more before he starts battering away at Undertaker’s back and shoulders, pounding him over and over, trying to drain him of his remaining energy. Cena appears desperate to end this now but suddenly, Taker has another second wind! He stand up and glares at Cena, his eyes bulging with rage, Cena baulks and does the only thing he can do: RUN! Cena runs to the Cell and begins to climb which sends excitement rippling through the arena. Taker goes to grab his foot and drag him back down but Cena desperately kicks back and manages to free himself and kick Taker in the chest. Further up goes Cena and he is out of reach of Taker now. What will happen next?

Undertaker starts to climb as well!!!

The crowd go wild as Undertaker starts to climb up after Cena and the chase to the top of the Cell is now on! Cena climbs to keep just out of reach of Taker, the Deadman climbs to stalk his challenger. The crowd are on their feet in excitement – what can these two amazing WWE superstars do next? Taker is closing on Cena and he grabs his foot just as Cena is about to pull himself onto the top of the Cell. Cena desperately tries to free his foot once more but Taker holds on. The crowd hold their breath as Undertaker tries to pull Cena back, he is grabbing hold of the top of the Cell to pull up against the force of Taker. Cena manages to scramble further onto the top of the cell as Undertaker follows him up the side, the situation is fraught with danger, what is going to happen next? Undertaker holds Cena’s foot, Cena kicks out trying to escape … AND …

CENA’S FOOT KICKS UNDERTAKER IN THE FACE AND THE DEADMAN FALLS …

AND FALLS …

SMASH! THE UNDERTAKER SMASHES THROUGH THE ANNOUNCE TABLE!

The crowd are stunned for a few moments with many of them screaming with fear as the Undertaker’s fall, from about fifteen feet (though it is announced as 25 feet!), takes him crashing through the announce table and down to the floor. Immediately, officials stream from the timekeeper area and check on the condition of Undertaker as Cena, now sat on top of the Cell, looks down anxiously too. Undertaker coughs and splutters on the floor, he is really hurt here and it seems that this could be the end of the match as the referee is looking extremely concerned. However, Cena, realising what he has done, stands on top of the Cell and raises his hands to celebrate what he has just done. The crowd boo and jeer but Cena doesn’t care. He waves his hand across his face and screams “You can’t see me!” before he heads to the edge of the Cell and begins to climb back down. Undertaker is curled up in pain, the medics are trying to check on him but they cannot get close enough to check him properly. As Cena’s feet touchdown, the referee tries to explain to him that he needs to back off but Cena is having none of it. Cena shoves the referee aside and then moves a medic aside as well to stand over the Phenom. Cena looks down on Taker and waves his hand across his face as well before tapping his head and suggesting “I knew you’d follow!” … He grabs Taker, to the annoyance of the medics and officials, and starts to drag Taker back towards the Cell. He busts the side of the Cell open a little more and drags Taker through before shoving him, deadweight, back under the rope and into the ring. The crowd are booing and jeering but Cena doesn’t care; all he can see is the World Championship and the end of the Undertaker’s fabled Streak. The WWE Universe don’t care about the Streak now; they care about the well-being of Undertaker. Cena slides under the bottom rope and again stands over the prone body of Undertaker. He grins and laughs before crossing his arms and signalling that this is over. The referee is in the ring and protesting but Cena tells him to “do his job” and then drops to his knees to make the cover. However, he quickly stands back up and smiles. He drags Taker up and lifts him onto his shoulders …

Cena has the Deadman on his shoulders and he turns around to face the different sides of the stadium, milking the moment, ready to end this once and for all. Cena is laughing and smirking as he prepares himself to enter the annals of greatness by becoming the man to end Undertaker’s legendary Streak. Cena is ready, the crowd look on with worry … FU! CENA HITS THE FU TO THE PRONE DEADMAN! Cena laughs out loud as he drops to his knees and places one each side of Taker’s head, he grabs the Deadman’s arms and crosses them over his chest. Cena puts weight down on the chest of Taker and sticks out his tongue, mocking Taker, as the referee counts down the Streak once and for all …

1!

2!

NO!

What the hell?

The crowd come unglued as Undertaker kicks out of the cover! How on earth as the Deadman done that? Cena looks on with disbelief! He cannot believe that Taker just kicked out of the FU after falling from the Cell, 15-25 feet, and crashing through the announce table. Just what is it about this man that makes him able to do this? Cena staggers away to the corner and shakes his head as he tries to think clearly. Undertaker is still laid out on his back yet he somehow managed to kick out when Cena tried to pin him before. Cena is desperate now, he comes back over to Taker and drags him off the mat. He lifts him up to his shoulders again and screams “Just die!” before going for it again …ANOTHER FU! FOR THE FOURTH TIME TONIGHT, CENA HITS THE FU TO UNDERTAKER! The referee shakes his head in amazement now, he just wants to count the 3 and end the match. The crowd are stunned once more, they go deathly quiet as they wait to see Cena’s hand raised in victory. This time, Cena doesn’t mess around, he simply pins the Deadman and hooks the leg. New World Champion time …

1!

2!

NO!

OH MY GOD!

Yet again, Taker rolls his shoulder out of the pinfall to the amazement of the world and particularly John Cena. On commentary, the disbelief is also clear as they hype up what Taker has gone through: four FU’s, over 2 minutes in the STFU and a fall from the Cell down through the announce table. Cena is sat beside Taker in complete stunned amazement. He looks helpless – how can he defeat the Phenom? Or is it just not possible? He gets up and stands with his hands on his hips, leaning against the ropes, utterly exhausted watching Taker as he lays on his back with his eyes looking to the night sky. However, as Cena watches, suddenly Taker sits up and the crowd explode! They cannot believe the resilience that Taker is showing! It seems that there is simply no way to stop this man when it comes to WrestleMania! Cena looks directly into the eyes of Taker and looks resigned to the fact he can’t beat him. He rushes at him and looks to catch him with a big boot to the face but Taker gets his hands up and catches his foot. Taker drags Cena down … HELL’S GATE! UNDERTAKER LOCKS CENA UP INTO HELL’S GATE! Nobody has ever escaped or survived this submission hold? Can Cena survive it tonight? Cena struggles and fights to escape but he is locked up, centre of the ring, he is choking and spluttering as Taker locks it in as hard as he can. With Cena unable to escape, the crowd begin to sense it might still be Undertaker’s night after all and they start to chant his name – “Un-der-ta-ker!” … “Cena sucks!” …

However, Cena is nothing if not resilient himself. He is fighting back and he manages to get his feet down on the mat and push himself forward … Taker’s shoulders are down!

1!
2!
NO!

Undertaker kicks out just in time!

However, Taker retains the hold and Cena is still locked up and now starting to look weary. However, his feet are still on the mat and he pushes off his feet and manages to walk himself towards the rope. He stretches out as far as he can … Got it! Cena grabs the rope and the submission hold can now be broken! Or can it? Remembering Cena’s STFU earlier in the evening, Taker refuses to let go of Cena and keeps the hold locked in. Cena gasps and moans but Undertaker refuses to break the hold and there is, as there was earlier, nothing that can be done. Eventually, Taker releases the hold but the damage is now done. Both men are sprawled out on the mat, Cena face down, Taker face up. How is this one ever going to end?

Cena pulls himself up first, using the ropes, turns and looks towards Undertaker. Cena grabs the trash can again and the crowd jeer. What is Cena doing now? Cena steps towards Taker as he gets slowly to his knees and swings the can to try and take Taker’s head off but the Deadman ducks it, jumps up quickly and catches Cena coming round … CHOKE SLAM! UNDERTAKER HITS THE CHOKE SLAM ON CENA! Surely it is now all over? Taker collapses besides Cena, even one move is taking everything out of these two men now. Both men are down but showing signs of life; Undertaker is up first and Cena tries to use Taker to pull himself up. Taker, exhausted, looks down on Cena and pulls down his straps before cutting his throat. Taker drags Cena up, there is no fight left in the challenger … TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER! UNDERTAKER HITS THE TOMBSTONE! For the first time tonight, Taker crosses the arms of Cena and goes for his patented pinfall – but has he done enough?

1!

2!

3!

WINNER
(via PINFALL at 39:36)

THE UNDERTAKER
(Still World Heavyweight Champion)

The arena is mentally exhausted but they cheer excitedly as the referee’s hand hits the mat for the third time to signal that The Undertaker has somehow managed to do it and retain the World Championship. As the gongs sound out around the arena, Tony Chimel makes the announcement …

TONY CHIMEL: Here is your winner … and STILL World Heavyweight Champion … THE UNDERTAKER!

In the ring, the two adversaries lay side by side in the ring; following the pinfall, Taker just rolled away and slumped to the mat showing just how much this victory had taken out of him. The ‘Graveyard Symphony’ starts up and the lights dim as the WWE Universe celebrate the victory and the extension of the Streak for another year. On the titantron on the mammoth stage, the numbers 19-0 appear and fireworks start to explode around the edge of the stadium as the “Hell in a Cell” cage rises slowly back into the storage section above the ring. Cena, recovering first, rolls his body to the ropes and slumps down off the apron to the floor where he crawls and slinks away a beaten man. The referee, who also looks exhausted after just 20 minutes work, brings the World Championship belt into the ring and lays it across the chest of Taker who hardly even notices it. The referee waves to the officials and ringside and crosses his arms; Undertaker is injured and badly hurt despite the win. Doctors and medics enter the ring once more and the World Championship belt is moved aside for a moment so the medics can get to the Deadman to check on him. There are looks of concern around the stadium and on the officials in the ring as Undertaker is hardly moving. However, his music continues to celebrate 19-0 and the successful defence of the World Championship. Finally, there is movement and Undertaker begins to raise himself off the mat to the relief of everybody and he receives a standing ovation from the crowd. On commentary, JR calls it one of the gutsiest and amazing performances ever, perhaps the greatest ever, and says he would induct Undertaker into the Hall of Fame right now if he had the right. Wobbling, Taker manages to stand and he shoves two medics who try to help him aside. He bends down and picks up the World Championship and drops to a knee to hold the title up in typical Undertaker fashion. The WWE Universe go wild and cheer as more pyro explodes around the stadium before Taker manages to get back to his feet. Again, Taker moves the medics away and starts to hobble and struggle forwards when …

“AWESOME!”

“I CAME TO PLAY”
*** THE MIZ ***
CLEVELAND, OH | “Money in the Bank” Contract Holder

There are looks of confusion and shock all around – what is Miz doing coming out here now? On the stage, Miz comes striding out looking smug and grinning. He holds up his battered, red RAW “Money in the Bank” briefcase and heads towards the ring, his trench coat flowing behind him as he heads down the ramp. Speculation over why Miz is here runs wild on the commentary team but he determinedly heads to the ring. He pauses, leaps onto the apron and steps through the ropes as Undertaker looks at him with a glare. However, Miz returns the look and smirks before heading to the referee and speaking to him. He hands him the “Money in the Bank” briefcase and then retreats and removes his coat. This looks as if Miz is cashing in the contract now but he can’t – he is a RAW superstar. Miz speaks to the referee once more who looks to the timekeeper. He is holding his earpiece, he is obviously getting information from backstage. Miz’ music ends and there is a mass confusion as Tony Chimel prepares to speak.

TONY CHIMEL: Ladies and Gentlemen, I have just been informed that the second man traded from RAW to SMACKDOWN was … THE MIZ!

Miz throws his hands in the air and it all starts to become sickeningly clear. The referee speaks to Tony Chimel and points to the briefcase which is handed over to the timekeeper …

TONY CHIMEL: Ladies and Gentlemen, I have also just been informed by the referee that The Miz is cashing in his “Money in the Bank” contract!

The medics and the doctors begin to shake their heads, they argue with the referee and it is clear that they are saying that Undertaker is in no fit state to wrestle another match. However, the referee has no choice and he takes the World Championship belt from Undertaker and holds it in the air. The Undertaker, a fighting champion, turns and faces the cocky Miz and gets ready to fight again.

TONY CHIMEL: This match is set for one fall – and it is for the World Heavyweight Championship!

Boos rings out around the 70,000 plus crowd in the stadium but Miz is pacing up and down on the other side of the ring. He is pumped, he is ready – and he is fresh as a daisy. The referee ushers all the doctors and officials out of the ring and, in the background, many fans are seen coming back in and retaking their seats. The referee hands the World Championship belt over and is signals for the bell.

* DING *
* DING *
* DING *
20120315_belts_heavyweight.png

SINGLES MATCH

THE UNDERTAKER (c) vs. THE MIZ

As soon as the bell rings, Miz rushes over the ring and barrages into the Deadman, now 19-0 of course, and staggers him back. Miz throws a series of right hands before stomping and kicking at the injured knee of the Deadman. Undertaker, absolutely exhausted, tries to defend himself but the fresher man overcomes him and he slumps down in the corner. How on earth can Undertaker survive this and extend the Streak to 20-0? Miz backs off and beckons Taker up but he is not getting up anywhere fast; at ringside, there are still medics watching with serious looks of concern. Miz rushes back into the corner and hits a stiff boot straight to the face of the Deadman and rings his bell again. One of the medics leaps onto the apron and signals to the referee that this needs to stop but Miz, ever the professional, knocks him down with a shoulder block tackle. Miz drags Taker up from his seated position and locks him in a facelock before swinging him as he hits a DDT that crashes Taker down on his back. Miz makes the cover …

1!
2!
NO!

To the despair of the medics, Taker kicks out!

Taker slumps on the mat once more but Miz is not going to let him get any respite here. He drags Taker to his knees and hits a snap DDT this time that drives Taker’s face into the mat before he goes to work with brutal, ugly kicks to the back of Taker’s injured knee. Miz lifts Taker’s leg and holds it up as he lays more boots to it and – for the first time ever at Mania – the Undertaker appears vulnerable and human like. Miz seems inspired on the other hand, he couldn’t have picked a better time to chase after Taker even if the cash-in is bound to be mired in controversy. Undertaker rolls over and crawls towards the ropes but this allows Miz to hits the ropes himself and deliver a low drop kick that sends Taker sprawling over the mat again. Miz makes his second cover of the match …

1!
2!
NO!

How is Undertaker still fighting this?

After an intense and brutal almost 40 minute battle with John Cena, Undertaker is somehow resisting the offence of the Miz as well. Is it down to being at WrestleMania? Or is Miz about to prove that Taker is human after all? Miz is far from put off by the failed pinfall, he lifts Taker to his knees and drags him up … As Taker staggers in the centre of the ring, Miz hits a running knee lift and then follows it with a neckbreaker – the ‘Reality Check’ as Miz calls it. Miz looks round at the WWE Universe and receives jeers; the crowd cannot believe what Miz is doing right now. However, as King points out at the announce table, if Miz is allowed to cash in his briefcase on a SMACKDOWN superstar, he is doing nothing wrong. Miz is now stalking behind Undertaker, waiting for him to get to his feet, ready to deliver the coup de grace. Undertaker is struggling big time and he wobbles to his feet, Miz sneaks up behind him and sets him up for the Skull Crushing Finale … Wait a minute! Undertaker reaches back and lifts Miz up to his side … Side Slam from Undertaker! The crowd cannot believe that Taker is still able to fight and they cheer this. However, Miz is up quicker, as you would expect, he climbs to the middle rope and leaps off looking for a dropkick. Undertaker catches Miz in the air though … Spinebuster!

The crowd cannot believe this; surely Undertaker cannot survive this? The WWE Universe are completely behind Taker and they encourage him on as he cuts his throat once more. Is this the end of Miz? Undertaker scoops Miz up and sets him for the Tombstone … but his knee gives way! The crowd groan in disappointment, Undertaker struggles back to his feet and grips Miz around the throat instead … CHOKE SLAM! UNDERTAKER HITS THE CHOKE SLAM TO MIZ! Undertaker collapses on Miz to make the cover …

1!
2!
NO!

Miz kicks out right at the last second!

Undertaker clutches his head in his hand as he lies back on the floor. The Deadman rolls away and pulls himself back to his feet, using the ropes, until he reaches a staggering standing position once more. He waits for Miz to get back up again, Undertaker seems intent on hitting the Tombstone. A doctor again leaps up onto the apron and tries to talk Undertaker out of the match, the referee runs over to speak to him, just as Miz gets to his knees. Undertaker comes over to Miz and looks to drag him up …LOW BLOW! MIZ WITH A LOW BLOW! The referee never saw it due to the distraction from the medic who was arguing with the official. Undertaker rolls up in a ball after the low blow from Miz and this gives the challenger time to clear his head. He waits for Undertaker to turn around and then stalks up behind him. SKULL CRUSHING FINALE! MIZ HITS THE SKULL CRUSHING FINALE! Is this the moment? Miz hooks the leg and makes the cover …

1!
2!

Wait a minute! The medic is holding Taker’s foot down out of view of the referee!

3!

WINNER
(via PINFALL at 04:37)

THE MIZ
(NEW World Heavyweight Champion)

The WWE Universe cannot believe what they just saw! Jeers and boos erupt around the stadium as Miz rolls away from Taker with a look of amazement in his eyes: THE MIZ IS THE NEW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION! The referee, oblivious to what the medic just did, is handed the World Championship belt and he hands it to Miz before raising his hand in victory. Amazingly, Miz has ended the WrestleMania streak of the Undertaker; he is now 19-1! Miz leaps onto the middle rope and holds the title belt high so that the world can see he is the new champion. He turns and watches as the Deadman is helped out of the ring and is placed onto a stretcher; Miz smiles and laughs as he holds the title belt high in the air once more. As Miz stands in the centre of the ring and watches Undertaker being carted away, the medic who leapt onto the apron twice, distracted the referee when Miz hit the low blow and held Taker’s foot down joins him in the ring. Miz shakes his hand and they embrace – what the hell is this?

Wow! What a WrestleMania 27 we have seen! The show ends with disappointment for the 70,000 in the stadium and the millions watching around the world. Despite defeating John Cena to retain the World Championship, The Miz returned, having been traded from RAW to SMACKDOWN, and cashed his “Money in the Bank” contract in to become the NEW World Heavyweight Champion and end the Streak. WrestleMania 27 ends as Miz looks round smugly and has his hand raised by the mysterious medic who helped him.

***** END OF SHOW *****

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ! , Undertaker streak is ended by the Miz, really ? , it is sucks ! , Undertaker streak should continue

it is disappointing that you left the thread , i hope you return to the thread , or start new one , #thanksGCB , btw i hope you see my thread

wm3_logo.png

WRESTLEMANIA 27

SO WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED AFTER WRESTLEMANIA?

I had plans in mind …

ENDING THE BRAND SPLIT …
I was planning to get rid of the brand split and crown an Undisputed WWE Champion at the King of the Ring PPV a few months after WrestleMania. It would have involved a King of the Ring tournament involving both the World Champion (which would still have been The Miz) and the WWE Champion who I was planning to be Jeff Hardy – he was to beat CM Punk in a feud at Backlash and then challenge for the title at Extreme Rules to end Barrett’s reign. Barrett would have beaten Triple H to retain the title at Backlash. With RAW having no General Manager after Shawn Michaels’ defeat at WrestleMania, Michael Cole would have become the new WWE General Manager whilst Michaels would face Edge one more time at Extreme Rules to retire Edge (as Edge did in real life) …

THE MIZ …
Miz had been drafted to SMACKDOWN by Michael Cole so he brought his Money in the Bank shot with him; flimsy reasoning but hell, wrestling is full of such things! He would have defended the title successfully against Christian and Cena at Backlash and then Christian on his own at Extreme Rules. Meanwhile, Cena and Michael Cole would fall out due to Cole’s favouring of Miz at WrestleMania and beyond.

UNDISPUTED WWE CHAMPION …
John Cena was going to win the Undisputed WWE Championship by winning the King of the Ring tournament. In the Final, he would defeat Kofi Kingston who, nobly, would use his Money in the Bank cash in to enter the tournament rather than cash in on a weak champion as Miz did. Ironically, Kofi would defeat Miz in the tournament Semi Finals whilst Cena would end Jeff Hardy’s hopes.

KOFI KINGSTON …
My big success was my use of Kofi even though he actually isn’t one of my favourites. Kofi’s time was coming – he would fail with his cash in in the King of the Ring tournament – but Summerslam would be his time. Kofi was going to end the reign of John Cena and become the WWE Undisputed Champion – finally!

MONEY IN THE BANK >>> THE UNDERAKER …
Money in the Bank, the PPV, would follow King of the Ring. And who would win it? The Miz. He would attempt to cash in on Kofi immediately after his title victory over Cena at Summerslam – but this would signal the return of the Deadman. After disappearing after WrestleMania, the Undertaker would interfere and deny Miz the win – making him the first MitB winner to fail. This would all lead to Undertaker defeating Miz at Survivor Series and the retirement of Undertaker at the PPV where it had all started. The end of an amazing career.

I hope that ties up all the loose ends. Thanks for reading and commenting on the show over the past couple of years. I’ve enjoyed writing it; hope you’ve enjoyed reading it. Feel free to comment or ask any questions. Otherwise …

/BT

#RespectGCB
first KOTR to determine Undisputed championship is great is great and Cena win is not bad , Kofi Kingston as World Champion is great , i didn't get the Undertaker and Miz thing , all i got is that Taker defeat Miz at Survivor Series , can you please make me understand ?

It would have debuted a new guy. I had a few ideas in mind, would have decided later. Johnny Curtis (aka Fandango) was in mind and I liked the guy who played Lucky Cannon on NXT too. Or it could have been a created superstar ...

If I can I would like to make some changes to the 2002 Ppv because I have some good ideas and matches for the event:

1) The Dudley Boyz Vs Billy & Chuck Vs Al Snow & Maven Vs William Regal & Test
Four Corners Tag Team Tables Elimination Number 1 Contenders Match. Have this match take place instead because Benoit & Eddie were wasted and lost when they shouldn't have and I'd have the Dudleys win this and get a future title shot.

2) Jamie Noble (C) Vs Billy Kidman Vs Tajiri
Triple Threat Cruiser Weight Title Match. I'd add Tajiri to this match but still have Noble go over as the champ.

3) Jeff Hardy (C) Vs Eddie Guerrero
European Title Match. Have Eddie win a number 1 contenders match and go on to take the title off Jeff at the Ppv.

4) Booker T & Goldust Vs The Big Show & X-PAC
No DQ Tag Team Match. I would have this take place at the Ppv and it would be a great brawl with Booker and Goldie getting the win to end the feud.

5) Edge Vs Chris Jericho
Steel Cage Match. I heard this match was supposed to take place so I would add this to the card and make it a steel cage match.

6) Stone Cold Steve Austin Vs Chris Benoit
Special Guest Referee Ric Flair. I'd have this match at vengeance with Flair screwing Austin in the process.

7) John Cena & Rey Mysterio (C) Vs The Unamericans
Tag Team Titles Match. I would make Cena and Mysterio the champs but lose the straps to the Unamericans wit outside help.

8) Brock Lesnar Vs Hulk Hogan
Singles Match. This should of happened at the Ppv instead.

9) The Undertaker (C) Vs The Rock Vs Kurt Angles
Triple Threat Undisputed Title Match. Stays the same.

That's my card for the 2002 Ppv.

ER_zps0d2d3c0a.png

Sunday May 1, 2011
St. Pete Times Forum
Tampa, Florida

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
WADE BARRETT (c) vs. TRIPLE H

When WrestleMania 26 ended a year ago, the fortunes of Wade Barrett and Triple H could not have been more contrasting. Triple H, fresh from witnessing the retirement of his long term best friend Shawn Michaels, had emerged victorious from WrestleMania against Sheamus whilst Barrett was an unknown to the vast majority of the WWE Universe. However, things were set to rapidly change over the coming days and weeks as Barrett competed in the inaugural NXT season, won and then led the Nexus group into the WWE in devastating fashion. Triple H, in contrast, was brutally attacked by Sheamus on RAW and put out of action for several long months.

By the time Triple H returned at No Mercy to cost Sheamus the WWE Championship against Randy Orton, Wade Barrett was moving into contention for a title opportunity of his own. As Nexus ran roughshod over the RAW roster, Barrett emerged victorious from his feud with John Cena before finally capturing the WWE Championship, in controversial fashion, at Survivor Series when Nexus defeated Team Orton. On the same evening, Triple H and Sheamus’ battle continued in a brutal 3 Stages of Hell match but it wasn’t until after the Vengeance PPV that Barrett and HHH’s paths began to collide. Defeating Sheamus, finally, at Vengeance, Triple H earned the right to challenge for Wade Barrett’s WWE Championship at the Royal Rumble but Nexus interference prevented him from becoming the champion. As question marks appeared over Barrett’s ability to get the job done himself, Triple H demanded another title shot but it was refused; John Morrison earned the opportunity at Elimination Chamber instead. With Nexus now walking out on Barrett, he retained the title at the Chamber PPV but Triple H won the RAW Elimination Chamber match – and therefore the right to challenge for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania.

Seeking to add a little more spice to proceedings, the RAW General Manager, at the time, Shawn Michaels threw CM Punk and Jeff Hardy, new recruits from SMACKDOWN, into the title mix as well and they earned their chance to challenge in a Fatal Four Way. Could Triple H finally win the gold from Wade Barrett and, in his words, restore the prestige of the WWE Championship? In a word, no. As Punk and Hardy’s issues blew up once more, Wade Barrett produced the most impressive performance of his life to survive a Pedigree and retain the title with Wastelands.

Since WrestleMania, Barrett’s focus has switched to his intention to headline Summerslam in London as the WWE Champion in his home country. However, despite trying to avoid another match with the “Cerebral Assassin” since WrestleMania, HHH defeated Kurt Angle and Randy Orton on RAW to earn another shot at the gold. Can Barrett retain once again? Or will Triple H end his long road back from injury by defeating Barrett and ending his Summerslam dream?

ER_zps0d2d3c0a.png

Sunday May 1, 2011
St. Pete Times Forum
Tampa, Florida

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP EXTREME ELIMINATION MATCH
THE MIZ (c) vs. JOHN CENA vs. KOFI KINGSTON vs. REY MYSTERIO

What happens when the moment you’ve waited for all your life arrives – and then is threatened immediately?

Winner-The-Miz--500x280.jpg

For The Miz, that will be the question on his mind as he heads into Extreme Rules with the biggest target ever painted on his back. For the first time ever, The Miz heads into a WWE PPV with one of the major titles in the business but could find that his joy at fulfilling his life dream could be about to turn sour all too quick. After he completed the unthinkable at WrestleMania 27 and ended the fabled “Streak” of The Undertaker, partly thanks to a controversial use of the Money in the Bank contract and partly due to some iffy medical attention at ringside, the “Awesome One” appeared to believe the hard work was done. The journey from winning Money in the Bank last July, his reign at the United States Champion, his battle for respect through to his return from “injury” on the biggest stage of them all was complete – and Miz was ready to bask in the glory.

raw-042814-john-cena-1.jpg

Unfortunately for The Miz, others were less than willing to allow him this chance. Angry at the way he had gone toe to toe with The Undertaker at WrestleMania 27 in a gruelling Hell in a Cell match and, despite losing the match, apparently softened up the Deadman, Cena was less than impressed with the apparent lack of faith from SMACKDOWN General Manager, Michael Cole. With Cole desperate to protect his friend and new World Champion, Cena, who no longer has the fans behind him of course after his turn on Randy Orton back in the winter, decided that he was unwilling to accept it and put forward his case for another shot at the World Championship. Joining him were the pair of Kofi Kingston – the newest Money in the Bank contract holder – and former Intercontinental Champion, Rey Mysterio.

15.-Kofi-Kingston.jpg

Kingston’s rise from promising youngster to major player on SMACKDOWN has been meteoric – but his star appears set to burn even brighter after he picked up the biggest win of his life at WrestleMania to secure the Money in the Bank briefcase. As Miz claimed that his cash-in was the work of a genius mind, Kofi informed the new World Champion that he could cash in himself at any point before criticising the way Miz had gone about his business. Determined to use his Money in the Bank opportunity positively, Kofi informed Miz that his cash in would be up front and to his face rather than snakelike behind his back. Michael Cole, desperate to protect The Miz from the cash in, decided to give Kofi Kingston the shot at Miz for Extreme Rules instead arguing that this way would mean Miz could prepare himself.

WM27_Photo_063.jpg

Cena’s disappointement at being denied the chance to face The Miz showed on SMACKDOWN when he faced Intercontinental Champion, Rey Mysterio, in a non-title match. Taking his anger out of the Mexican, Cena was disqualified but continued to assault Mysterio to the delight of Mysterio’s foe, Alberto Del Rio. With a title shot confirmed for Del Rio the following week, Mysterio looked weak but showed up on SMACKDOWN and looked to have Del Rio beaten. Cena, further angered by Mysterio’s comments backstage about getting revenge on Cena down the line, interfered just in time behind the back of the official. Del Rio hit a Superkick to the side of Rey’s masked face and picked up his second Intercontinental Championship to end Mysterio’s reign after just 12 days.

Things turned even more problematic as Cena threatened to walk out on SMACKDOWN if he was not added to the Extreme Rules World Championship match. As Michael Cole, desperate to prove himself capable of running both the SMACKDOWN and RAW brands to Chip Butty, began to show signs of agreement to Cena’s demands, Mysterio came out and demanded that he should also be added to the match in order to address his issues with Cena. With little other alternative, Cole was forced to agree – at Extreme Rules, The Miz would defend his World Championship against Cena, Kofi and Mysterio and, worse still for Miz, it would be an Extreme Elimination match.

Miz reacted in a manner you would expect; fearing the loss of the title he worked so hard to get his hands on, he lambasted Cole and angrily informed him that he did not need his help nor his protection. However, the man who claims to have proven himself the greatest WWE superstar of all time after he defeated The Undertaker now looks increasingly vulnerable. On SMACKDOWN this past Friday, Miz and Cena teamed up to face Kofi and Mysterio. A 619 to the World Champion was followed by Trouble in Paradise for the win and to cap it off, Cena, angry that Miz lost the match, hit the FU as well. Can Miz somehow hang onto the World Championship and prove his victory at WrestleMania was no fluke? Or will Cena, Kofi or Mysterio end the night with the World Championship gold that they crave?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back