Gather Around, Children

Discussion in 'ABC Party' started by ABMorales787, Jan 6, 2012.

?

Your Stance On Dagger Dias As ABC Party Candidate

1. I Fully Support Dagger Dias Despite The Negativity Outside

2. I Would Support Dagger Dias if He Stuck Up For Himself

3. I've Begun To Doubt Myself About Him

4. I Don't Think He Can Do It Anymore

5. Neutral

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ABMorales787

ABMorales787 Lord And Master
    Staff Member Administrator

I wanna ask something. Since Dagger's victory, controversy has come around him. He has received a lot of negative feedback from a lot of people. He's pretty much been blackmarked. As far as support is concerned, I've only seen a very small few stand up for him while he himself only responds to KB's debate thread.

I wanna know. Is there still full support for Dagger? Many have second guessed, other's have not said a word but some are firm. But there is no real measurement as to his approval rating. Do you still trust he can get the job done? Do you have doubts? If so, speak now or hold your peace. Because the doors are closing fast.

2. hatehabsforever

hatehabsforever Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I still fully support Dagger and will definitely be voting for him in the election. That was the direction of the party from day one. To wage a spirited battle in the primaries, fairly elect a winner to represent us, and then stand behind him in unison to support him for the best opportunity to win the election.

Don't be fooled by the rhetoric of Coco and others. They know if we stand as one group, the chances of Coco or Crock winning go dramatically downhill. Look at the facts, as Davi has been pointing out. Most of the guys who have been blasting Dagger are guys who belong to other parties. If myself or KJ had won, we may or may not have faced the same sort of attacks, and now we will never know. But Gelgarin, Nate, Tastycles and others, were going to vote Coco in the end anyway. As Davi said, we are hearing from a very vocal minority. These guys think their opinions carry more weight but they don't. They continue to suggest that our party is a bunch of nobodies, and we know that's not the case. On principle, we need to remain intact, as we promised we would. They all suggested we would implode on our own, and we didn't. Don't let their rhetoric divide us now.

3. FunKay the Inevitable

FunKay the Inevitable People Like Me, We Don't Play

You forgot the ol' "I Didn't Think He Could Do It...PERIOD!" option.

4. ABMorales787

I don't think you fully understood the Tasty ordeal. Dagger is accused by Tasty himself of trying to take his spot and Dagger said he was lying. That's very heavy stuff for a guy who's trying to become mod and we just found out about it.

5. FunKay the Inevitable

To save me trying to wade my way through boundless tons of crap, can you link me up? I'll get you a push in WZCW ;)

6. FitFinlay4Life

FitFinlay4Life What's the craic?

Sorry for the short response but I'm busy addressing posts in my proDD thread. I'll go along with all Habs said and just add that I believe that he is right to avoid reacting to the critics because you will never come out clean of a mud-slinging competition and there are some very dirty posts being thrown out at the moment. I would ask our party members not to get drawn into similar behavior.

7. ABMorales787

Don't push Matt Tastic off a cliff, though.

8. Davi323

Davi323 semi-retired from WZ

I support Dagger BECAUSE he hasn't retaliated. There is a difference between standing up for yourself and allowing yourself to be dragged down. I think what Dagger is doing, simply ignoring them while focusing on the actual debate aspect, is the right way to go. Right now, Dagger has shown far more character than his detractors are giving him credit for. He is accused of being a hothead, of being immature, so what better way to nullify that excuse than to not respond, and not give them anything to rile him up with? He isn't giving them any "gotcha!" moments. Isn't what Dagger is doing (or rather not doing) demonstrating that he isn't the hothead they accuse him of being?

As FitFinlay4Life and Habs have alluded to, when you engage in mudslinging, EVERYONE gets dirty.

My support of Dagger in this election is because of the strength of character he is displaying right now. I don't care what arguments he had before, who criticized his game or whatever, during this election, Dagger has been the only one acting like an adult.

I can't fully support any of the 3 candidate's platforms, so this is a character choice for me. Dagger has character.

Chess likes this.
  9. ABMorales787

How can you say he's acting like an adult when he hasn't acted at all?

10. Little Jerry Lawler

Little Jerry Lawler Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids

If Dagger has character by not responding to all of his detractors, he sure better have a surplus of it if he gets elected mod.

11. FunKay the Inevitable

Don't worry, I'll make sure he gets a parachute.

As for this Tasty/Dagger thing, the first thing I want to point out is, Crock's no way near as bad as Dagger's portraying him. I don't know where this idea of Crock becoming a troll came from, but it's horse crap.

Second, I'm at liberty to trust Tasty a bit more seeing as he's been on staff for close to what? 2 and a half years? Maybe more? Dagger may not be getting a fair shake of the stick in Tasty's account, but it wouldn't wholly surprise me if what Tasty said was at least mostly accurate.

Finally, this whole "he's a pussy for not fighting back" argument is rubbish. He doesn't have to do that if he doesn't want to. He has to do the debate, and that's about it. Would I handle it differently? Maybe, but I'm not in that position, Dagger is. If he wants to go all John Cena, "Rise Above Hate", then that's fine.

I don't know who I'm voting for in the election, but I do wish Dagger the best of luck. I have no problem with him, and while I feel he won't win, I congratulate him for reaching this stage and for fighting for what he believes in.

12. Davi323

That is a fair criticism. God knows that if he actually wins, it's going to be a tempest in the mod board rooms...Glad I will never be in that position. But, we won't really know unless he actually does get elected. I just know that I would rather support a candidate that maintains his composure even if it's a losing effort over a candidate who lashes out. I do think that if he is elected, that even the mods that have been critical of him will give him the benefit of the doubt though. I don't think any of them would actively conspire to ensure that Dagger fails just so they can have a lame "I told you so" moment. Maybe I am just being naive, but I have enough faith in the mods, even his detractors, that if Dagger is elected, he will be allowed to succeed or fail on his own, without being sabotaged, just like either Coco or Crock would.

13. hatehabsforever

Staff Member Moderator

I'm not so sure that Dagger would be so fully alone in the board room. LSN has supported him in his postings throughout the election process. Not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if Jack voted for him too. Sly has suggested that he thinks Dagger might make a good mod. KB has remained silent, as an admin should.

IDR has joined Coco's team, but has stayed removed from the drama, and he's a class act, I doubt he'll give Dagger grief in the board room. Nick has voiced support for Coco and against Dagger, but he has indicated that he has little social interaction with the rest of the staff, so I see no problem there. SSC and Nate have been pro-Coco, but they have kept their criticisms above board.

As I see it, there are a couple of staff members who inexplicably have a problem with Dagger. And they'll have to get over it if he wins, as he should.

14. ABMorales787

You sure? Because because the last time a guy who wasn't liked by the smaller staff was picked was Sidious. And he has left a really bitter taste on KB's mouth. The staff was never so solemn until now. And I know that's the way they wanna keep it. You really think KB and Sly would let a guy they know will get heat onto staff again after cleaning up the last mess?

15. hatehabsforever

Staff Member Moderator

Come on now, Killjoy, let's be fair here. Someone may be Dagger's biggest fan, or they may be his mortal enemy, or anywhere between these two extremes, but either way, he's no Sidious. That's not remotely accurate or fair.

After reading about how Dagger would be unable to function in the board room, I started thinking about the various staff members, and the more I thought about it, the less problematic I think it will be. Look at all the guys I listed above, there will be no problem with them and Dagger, even if some of them may not be Dagger's biggest fans. How about the Brain, a consistently straight up class act. Do you really see a problem between him and Dagger in the board room, because I don't. How about JMT, who incidentally is a Coco supporter. Again, a really reasonable guy who may not be president of the Dagger fan club, but will definitely coexist with him in the board room without a hitch. Plus all of the guys I listed above.

These board room conflicts are simply Coco propaganda, albeit not specifically generated by him. Just an attempt by those who don't support Dagger to call him out. Most of them will interact with Dagger just fine, and those of them who have a problem will have to suck it up and deal with bit once Dagger arrives, and that's all there is to it.

16. ABMorales787

It may be extreme, but it's still looming. Dagger has yet to show he won't lose his cool in that situation which is why responding to that thread is so important in my eyes.

Of course you can't see the possible issues in there. None of us can. Which is why what can be seen should be addressed. And no, just calling Tasty's accusations a lie isn't good enough. He isn't like JGlass or XFear who go all hotheaded at times. It's the guy who hasn't said anything in months and spoke out now. That says a lot.

So basically you wanna shove him in when he's not wanted? You him to be the bastard child of the staff? Do you want to help him? Or just fuel a fantasy world of forced acceptance?

17. Davi323

Sidious completely abused his power. That wasn't just a personality conflict. Sidious was just an asshole in every way possible. If Dagger starts doing that shit, I will be the first to turn against him, openly in the forums. I just don't think Dagger will be another Sidious though. If any of the candidates were to channel Sidious, Dagger isn't the first one to come to mind...

18. hatehabsforever

Staff Member Moderator

In my mind, his composure in avoiding these hate threads, and his refusal to be lured into them, is proof positive of his ability to keep cool in such stressful situations as these.

Let me throw a silly hypothetical at you. Let's say you had won the primaries and became the representative of the ABC Party in the general election. Then you found out that a significant percentage of the staff hated you and considered you the "bastard child of the staff". This is the hypothetical part as I am not suggesting for one second that would be the case, in fact I highly doubt that it would. What would you do? Would you drop out of the competition, or resign from your position after you got there, due to the staff perception of you. Or would you say fuck it, I deserve to be here, I am good enough to be here, I earned the right to be here fair and square, and I'm going to prove myself to my fellow staff members and earn their trust and respect. I know what my choice would be.

19. The 1-2-3 Killam

The 1-2-3 Killam Mid-Card Championship Winner

How I feel about Daggar at this point is pretty irrelevant. I will vote for him, because I pledged loyalty to this party since the very beginning. There was a reason that I said Habs would have the greatest chance of getting past Coco and Crock, and those reasons are lobbying against our candidate as we speak. Allow me to give a rather unbiased look at how I think this election will play out...

Daggar is the underdog that just happens to have the biggest party. But when it truly comes down to it, mod support is going to play a much bigger role in finalizing things than the size of the ABC party. And I assure you, with the tactics being deployed by CoCo, our party will shrink and many will jump ship to Crock. Speaking of said underhanded tactics, they make perfect sense.

Coco may come across as a jack-ass, but I prefer to think he's actually brilliant. He is very much a troll, but he's an intelligent troll. He knew which buttons to press, and exactly what needed to be said for Daggar's credibility to sink. Crock also had a wild card up his sleeve, and it appears to be a handicap match with Daggar on the losing end. But that's what happens when you have a candidate with a lot of backstage, covered-up drama. Whether any of it is true or not, it doesn't really matter. It's been said, and people are going to read that Daggar MAY have tried to go around the mods, MAY have no support in the Board Room...and that'll be that. Sorry buddy, I'll vote for you, but I think you're already very much at a disadvantage. You never want to find yourself on the defensive so early on in a debate. In a perfect world you want to be able to get your point across, not spend half the time fighting against possibly false claims.

So here's how I think things are going to play out: Crock and Coco will spend the rest of this election going back and forth. Both will occasionally point out flaws in Daggar, and Daggar will spend half his time trying to play catch-up. Crock will continue answering questions in intelligent, concise blurbs that are easy to read and understand. Coco will continue answering the questions he WANTS to answer, and will answer the others his way. His way is of course by turning things into a circus. I'm not discrediting it, because if he's going to win over the large amount of people in the Spam section, and to a point in the GSD, a comedy platform might actually win this thing.

In a real political election, Crock would take this thing by remaining level-headed, staying on top of Daggar, and being above reproach. But this is the Wrestlezone forums, and most of the people with influence are going to side with Coco. But if all that really matters is just one vote from each person, regardless of their position or influence, Crock might pull it out. When the poll goes out for all of the forums to vote on the next mod, there will probably be dozens, if not hundreds of people that know nothing about any of the candidates. They're going to look at the debate, read that Daggar is in question, see that Coco is a general clown, and will vote depending on their preference of straight-man or comedian. This is the internet, so...

I can tell you, when the full forum pole goes up I will likely make a post on the main page plugging the elections, the forums, and telling everyone to go vote! I won't specifically talk about any of the candidates, nor will I give my impression of any of them. That's not my place as a writer. But what that means is you're going to wind up with a lot of people making decisions based on their surface impressions of the candidates. This may help Daggar, giving him votes from people that haven't seen the drama thus far. It may also hurt him if he's not careful going forward.

Daggar, my suggestion is to wrap up the comments lobbied against you as quick as possible. You don't have to "win" the argument, just wrap it up in a nice little bow and move on to the actual questions at hand. But I also think the mods and admins will be looking at how you handle this, so don't just blow it off either. Remain calm and collected, don't start mud slinging, but don't let yourself get pushed off the ballot either. This election COULD be close if a lot of things fall into place. As I said, you still have my vote because of party allegiance, but if I had to predict the outcome of the election, I'm calling 40/35/25, Crock/Coco/Daggar respectively.

Good luck.

20. FitFinlay4Life

Hey KJ, I can see the point that you're raising but as I mentioned in my thread, I don't believe that Sly or KB would have allowed us to move forward with a candidate if they felt there was any chance of a 'Sidious' incident reoccurring. Plus, if you look at the three candidates, what order would you put them in for Sidiousness? I'm guessing the vast majority would have the same order and DD would be 3rd on all lists.

As for the whole 'He's a hothead' shtick (that's becoming really old), we are still only getting ONE incident raised. He's not exactly a rookie; one example of losing his cool (and over someting that he obviously invested much personal effort into) doesn't rule him out in my book.

21. Remy LaCroix

Remy LaCroix Lou Thesz' Favorite Son

22. ABMorales787

First, I'd try to make amends. If it didn't work out, I would indeed step out. There's no point in me working with people who dislike me. I certainly don't deserve that. I may have wanted to be mod. But I'm not going to do a dream job in an atmosphere that's so tense and neglectful of me.
    Swiss cheese me, please.

23. FitFinlay4Life

Say what you will but you don't mess with the Swiss, they mightn't get involved in other peoples wars but they are incredibly protective of their own country. During WW2 both sides knew if they invaded their airspace that they would be shot down.

24. Muffin Top Merkley

Muffin Top Merkley Be a man!

It's been quick clear that I don't support Dagger for mod, and haven't since the beginning. It's not because of any questionable behavior in the past, it's not because of his "quantity over quality" posting habits, buts because of his shitty ideas that he would implement if he was to be elected as a mod of the forum. There is truly not one salvageable idea within his campaign platform, and I've done more than enough to prove that.

That being said, if Dagger did have my support at one point, he would have lost it by not stepping up and facing those who are calling him out. A fair amount of their arguments consist of Dagger losing his shit when personally attacked, and how he is a coward ducking any confrontation. This would be the perfect opportunity for him to try and keep cool, calm and collected and prove them wrong on both accounts.

25. LSN80

LSN80 King Of The Ring

It would be a hard thing, no doubt, but it's not as if the staff are online together, have meetings, or are forced to like each other. There are some on staff Ive never interacted with in my 7 months as Mod. It's not me being rude, or vice versa, it's just the nature of the position.

If Dagger wins, he's going to have to coordinate and work with the other 3 WWE Mods, as well as SLy and KB, but its not as if he's going to have a constant barrage of insults and criticism levied at him, unless he messes up. Point being, this will be the worst of it. If Dagger wins, things will get much easier in terms of having to deal with others who view him in a negative light. And I think he's done ok for himself, for the most part. But the tension you speak of would soon dissipate, unless he brought it on himself. Knowing Dagger, he won't, he's not the type to start dram. It's not his style, whatsoever. If he can get through this and win the election, he'll be fine.