G1 Climax 25 Day 1

Gallows Vs Tenzan wasn't amazing, Makabe Vs Yano ToRu went as expected. It should pick up for the last two matches. I am not confident with Naito Vs Fale being an amazing match. Naito doesn't exactly have the physical style to take on Fale. New Look for Naito as well

that was an abomnible pin, Naito actually screwed that one up by not getting the pin right, Fale's shoulder was up. It was a terrible finish, Naito screwed up quite a lot. Also he is continuing his heel turn

Tanahashi wins after a belter of a match. The last two matches saved this card. Well worth watching those two. Mainly to see Tanahashi forcing Ibushi to sell his leg

I'm still getting caught up on the show(barely started the actual tourney matches), but Elgin looked great and properly motivated as expected in his debut in a NJPW ring. The teases of what is to come between him and Ishii have me geeking even more for that match.

I just finished the double main event. While not really true MOTYC's, both matches were great(**** - ****1/4 range) and it was an awesome way to kick off the tourney.

Shibata is a warrior and watching him work the entire G1 with the arm injury is gonna be crazy. Him biting his hand to maintain the choke on AJ during the closing sequence was a ridiculous touch. And the closing sequence of Tana/Ibushi was outstanding.

Ibushi is pushing Roddy and Cena in the wrestler of the year race, those guys have all had multiple amazing matches already in 2015.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back