Flair Region, St. Louis Subregion,First Round: (3)Randy Savage vs. (30)Honky Tonk Man

Discussion in 'Flair Region' started by HBK-aholic, Mar 22, 2016.

?

Who Wins This Match?

1. Randy Savage

2. Honky Tonk Man

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HBK-aholic

HBK-aholic Shawn Michaels ❤

This is a first round match in the Flair Region, St. Louis Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#3. Randy Savage

Vs.

[​IMG]

#30. Honky Tonk Man

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

2. FunKay the Inevitable

FunKay the Inevitable People Like Me, We Don't Play

These matches have taken place in real life, arguably in both men's prime and they consistently went one way: Randy Savage victory, via disqualification or count-out.

Honky would run away or cheat to preserve his glorious Intercontinental Championship reign time after time and while that isn't at stake here, I could easily see him trying to run or cheat, not wanting to get his daily dose of Macho Madness. In such a situation, Savage would probably throw Honky back in the ring, avoid the guitar shot and hit his signature stuff ahead of dropping that big elbow from high up top, hooking the leg and securing the win and passage into Round Two. Oh Yeah!

3. Sai the Uganda Guy

Sai the Uganda Guy I kno da wae

Macho Man is a 6-time world champ, Honky Tonk Man held the Intercontinental title for a record 454 days. Both men accomplished a lot in their careers, and as prior mentioned have faced off before worth Savage coming out the victor. Though both had great careers, Savage achieved more and is arguably the greatest of all time. I do like Honky, but he isn't quite on the level of Randy as I see it.
    Vote Macho Madness.

4. Rainbow Yaz

Rainbow Yaz Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
    E-Fed Mod

[​IMG]

That picture is all you really need to know about who to vote for in this match.

Honky was a great IC champ and a solid cowardly heel, something we don't see a lot of in pro wrestling today.

Savage was a multi time World Champion, and will be remembered for some classic battles with some of the all time greats.

Vote Savage by count out.

5. OYDK

OYDK King Of The Ring

Pretty easy decision considering Honkey lost 90% of his matches. Also, as has been mentioned, you can put this match in the proper context. History has shown that Randy Savage comes out on top in this matchup 100% (or nearly) of the time.

Tonkey either runs after a good ass-kicking or gets pinned clean. Either way, Macho wins quite convincingly.

6. ShinChan

ShinChan Gone. For. Good.

Both the guys have had good accomplishments in their careers but Savage wins this match easily. Almost a squash match.

Savage also wins considering his better in-ring work than that of Honky Tonky Man. The latter was a good mid-card heel but not above the former who was a world champion. And Honky Tonky's losing more matches much like Bray Wyatt worsens the situation more.

So Randy Savage.

7. NSL

NSL Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh

This match is about as easy as it gets. Savage is an all-time great on the main event level, doing things no one else had done before him, while Honky Tonk Man is one of the greatest heels, but he never got close to sniffing anything above the midcard. The feud between the two would be great to see in a tournament setting like this, but it's an easy win for Savage.

8. Tastycles

Tastycles Turn Bayley heel

The Greatest Intercontinental Champion of all time against the man who called himself that. Honky Tonk Man was in the right place to capitalise on Steamboat's sudden departure and then he won by total BS methods until Warrior destroyed him. It took the Ultimate Warrior half an hour to beat Savage. It took him 30 seconds to beat Honky Tonk Man. Savage is superior as a heel, as a face and at every measurable wrestling skill.

9. NSL

NSL Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh

[​IMG]

This is the only time, offhand, that I can recall Honky Tonk having the upper-hand in anything, and it was largely in part to him having the Hart Foundation behind him. And, it wasn't a match.

As Tasty already said, Savage is the greatest IC champ of all time (among other things), but that's enough to get a vote this round.

10. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

I was never a fan of the Honky Tonk Man, I always thought that it's something of an embarrassment that the longest reigning Intercontinental Champion in history was an Elvis impersonator whereas Savage is a multi-time World Champion, a consummate wrestler in and out of the ring and is arguably the greatest Intercontinental Champion in history.

11. nightmare

nightmare ...7, 8, Better stay up late...

This is a match HTM would win.... only in his mind.

Savage does his thing, Honky runs away. Randy moves on without much effort. The guy is a legend and his opponent here cannot touch him in any category.

12. Hollywood Naitch

Hollywood Naitch The current reigning and defending

Nothing more needs to be said. Savage is one of the all time greats and Honky is a average wrestler pretending to be Elvis, with one of the most annoying accents in history.

It's ridiculous he is STILL the longest reigning IC champion.

Vote Savage.

13. enviousdominous

enviousdominous Behold my diction

*kicks a dead horse*

There's also how Honky Tonk lost his IC belt, getting pinned by a rampaging Warrior before he could even get his entrance attire off. Not exactly the best way to cap a historic title reign, his accomplishments after that are nonexistent.

Vote Savage.

14. Pay Per Ghost

Pay Per Ghost squashed Disco Inferno to become

Honky Tonk Man was boring as fuck.

As FUCK.

I saw his matches, entrances, promos; horrid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.