Flair Region, Fourth Round, Hell in a Cell: (3) Randy Savage vs. (7) Goldberg

Who Wins This Match?

• Randy Savage

• Goldberg

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its gonna be Goldberg for me.

Savage was never booked as dominating as Goldberg was. Yupp, Savage was more good in terms of in-ring work and accolades too. But he still would eat a defeat from Goldberg here.

Spear and JackHammer for the pin.

Just dropping in to say I'm not buying the Savage bitten by a cobra argument. I argued Big Show could have won last round, because he was thrown off a building and wrestled later that night. Savage had to wait 5 days before getting back in the ring.

I voted for Goldberg.

The reason that I picked Goldberg is because I feel that Hell in a Cell favors him.

Goldberg spears Savage through the cage, picks him up, throws in back in the ring, Jackhammer for the win.

After the Benoit-Ambrose match, I can't remember what was decided about bringing up personal faults with the participants so I won't focus too much on Savage having possibly committed statutory rape on Stephanie.

He's a pop culture icon that got to appear as not himself in Spiderman and out-Cena'd Cena by releasing some hilarious rap albums too.

Goldberg looked like he struggled to talk and was in a Universal Soldier, but not the Universal Soldier and at least one Adam Sandler film.

This is tough because they both did well in their respective roles in WCW - Goldberg as a force of nature outta nowhere and Savage definitely not there because of possible sexual activity with a minor - but Goldberg had some sweet gloves, so sure, why not him.

I keep going back to Wrestlemania VII when Savage met someone similar to Goldberg in the Ultimate Warrior (both power guys with explosive offense who seemingly couldn't be stopped). In that match, Savage hit a record five flying elbows and couldn't put Warrior away. At the end of the match, Savage gave everything he had and was finally defeated by Warrior throwing himself at Savage with one flying tackle after another (kind of like a spear to the shoulder you might say). Savage lost there and I'd see the same thing happening here with Goldberg winning a long battle.

MOTHERFUCKER, GUYS!

Seriously? Goldberg and Savage are tied? I understand it's Hell in a Cell and Goldberg is a brutal wrestler, but Savage was a chameleon in the ring... he could adapt to every match against any opponent and win.

Goldberg is too one dimensional to beat Savage, who can also take a helluva beating and comeback and win big matches.

Savage should win this match.

While Savage was phenomenal and all, nobody (except Lesnar) could match Goldberg's brutality and strength, and Goldberg squashed the whole WCW locker room. My vote goes to Goldberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back