Flair Region, Atlanta Subregion, Second Round: (2) Hulk Hogan vs. (15) Owen Hart

Who Wins This Match?

• Hulk Hogan

• Owen Hart

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the Flair Region, Atlanta Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Phillips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia.

phillips-arena2.jpg

Hulk-Hogan-America.jpg

#2. Hulk Hogan

Vs.

Owen-Hart1.jpg

#15. Owen Hart

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Hogan wouldn't job for Bret so he damn sure wouldn't job for Owen. Bad joke, I know, but honestly there's not much to say here. Hulk Hogan is better in every conceivable way except for in ring performance, but that's largely subjective. Hulk drops the leg for the 1 2 3.

Vote Hogan.

Big Owen mark, sadly, he never really rose above the mid-card in his career and there's no way Hogan ever loses to a perennial mid-carder.

I'm guessing a complete wash here.

Yeah this is Hogan in a wash. Owen was a great midcard hand and could have reached a higher plateau has his life not have been tragically cut short, but Hogan is Hogan. We revere him for a reason.

Owen Hart was incredibly talented in the ring, shame that the popularity of Hulk Hogan will wash him off completely here. Like the others have mentioned, this is going to quite one sided which is really a shame.

This would be be a pretty good match & Owen would have put on a show of his own while making Hogan look like gold. The end result is still the same. Hogan hits the boot & drops the leg. Owen would keep it very interesting though.

Blue Blazer v The Patriot...I'd pick Owen.

But...this isn't that match.

This match would play out the same way it would any time Hogan faced a wrestling technician on SNME, where he'd find a ways to beat guys like Funk, Perfect, Genius, etc. I'm sure the match itself would be a 5-star match, but there's no scenario where Hogan doesn't win with a Boot and a Leg Drop.

Hogan wins! LOL!

Yeah, I've never been a fan of Hulk Hogan or Hollywood Hogan. Because we're at a point where one of my favorite performers of all time is about to have to eat a big "He's better because leg drop" sandwich, I'm going to get a little deeper into this than most would want me to. Brace yourselves.

Don't we love Ronald Reagan? Of course we do, if you don't then you're a satanic communist homosexual vegetarian. We proud 'Mericans remember the day that President Reagan freed 'Merican hostages from those evil Iranians who hate our freedom, almost as vividly as we remember when a great 'Merican male named Hulk Hogan (his parents were a little off) charged to the ring and defeated that eeeevil Iranian named Iron Sheik (his parents weren't all there either). Hating Hulk Hogan is akin to burning the American flag and defecating on the ashes, and if you don't hate one of his opponents then you obviously hate Hulk Hogan. He's a real 'Merican, and therefore the greatest pro-wrestler in the entire known universe!

Now that I got all that jingoistic bullshit out of my system, Hogan is a mediocre wrestler at best. He took pro-wrestling into the mainstream, by filling a role that any fucking idiot could have filled (and one obviously did). You take a guy like Iron Sheik and have him drop the title that he took from Backlund against anybody waving the American flag and you would have a different person doing just as well -- if not better -- at being Hulk Hogan. His biggest setback was having his leg broken by his instructor for getting a big head too early, and obviously he didn't learn a fucking thing from that experience.

Do I even need to remind anyone of Owen Hart's contributions to the pro-wrestling world? We're not talking about having Owen vs Hogan at WrestleMania 3, we're talking about a man named Owen Hart who upheld the sanctity of his family's name and a man named Terry Bollea who wouldn't leave the pro-wrestling world until he left a skid-mark on every other performer's career.

Terry Bollea is not welcome in my house, he's not welcome in my field of vision and when he dies I'll sandblast "shit depository" on his mother-fucking tombstone.

Owen would win this today, because what you do as a human being matters in regard to what you get when a major influence on the outcome is how acceptable you are to the average fan. Do I expect him to win? No, and I don't think ill of anyone who votes for Hogan. I'm just saying, this will be the last comment I make in regard to Hogan in this tournament and that's mainly because I refuse to accept that he's better than Owen Hart. Vote Owen.

During the 80s I was a Hulkamaniac. Wrestling main events had a way bigger feel in those days with Hulk Hogan vs anyone. Hogan vs Andre, Warrior, Macho Man, Bundy ect have very little to no matching comparisons for must see main events.

Hulk Hogan not only wins this match up, he should boot and leg drop this entire tournament IMO. Whatcha gonna do?

Hogan vs Owen would've had the potential to be even more amusing that Hogan vs HBK at SummerSlam 05. Seriously with Owen's history as a prankster could you imagine him getting to act like HBK did against Hogan? Would've been funny.

As it is Hogan beats the shite out of Hart in a glorified squash as Hogan's a cunt like that

Well this is pretty much set in stone.

Owen is one of those superstars that you appreciate more and more, the more you go back and look at his work, the more you hear veterans speak so highly of him. I am waiting for Hart Of Gold.

Hogan is the bigger deal so he takes this.

Owen Hart was one of my favorites of all time. Loved the guy.

I was with Heenan after Wrestlemania 2 when he said the only reason Hogan beat Bundy was because the cage door was too small for him to get out.

And with that all said...

Hogan wins this one easily.

Like someone already said, Owen would go out there and make Hogan look like a million bucks. It would be an incredibly underrated match between the two. He'd bump hard for him and make his offense look better than ever. He'd make Hogan's defense look like it was on another level.

And then Owen would do the honors. He'd feed Hogan for the Hulk Up, eat the boot, take the leg, and then steal his Slammy on his way out of the ring.

Wooo

Can we talk about how in the blue hell Hogan ended up as a 2 seed in this tournament? How is that possible?

In this match, it's Hogan in a squash. Owen would sell his ass off, but he would be unlikely to get much offense in. Maybe he takes the advantage for a bit with a foreign object hidden in his tights, but eventually he's taking those three punches, the big boot and the Atomic Leg Drop. Hogan is just a bigger stare and better wrestler.

Owen Hart is a guy that probably deserved a main event run, and didn't get one.

Hogan doesn't lose to mid-carders, no matter how talented and respected they are. It's a shame but there's no way The Rocket is getting past The Hulkster.

Short, easy win for the racist, 'tached Hulky.

Owen Hart was a good wrestler, and built quite a good career for himself, but he hardly ever bothered the main event in the mid 90s. Hogan is the biggest star in history, pretty easy choice.

Hulk Hogan despite his personal life choices is one of the greatest of the all.

Yeah, Owen Hart was a good wrestler and his untimely death was unlucky enough to have sympathy for him.

But no way does Owen Hart go over the innovator of Hulkamania.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back