First Round Upset Predictions

Discussion in 'General WZ Tournament Discussion' started by Con T., Apr 12, 2012.

1. The Dragon Saga

The Dragon Saga Whale in a Teardrop

I rarely disagree with you JGlass, but here is one of those times.

I've been a fan of Samoa Joe since he stepped a foot inside Ring of Honor. The guy is all about intensity and hard hitting bouts, the dude is big and could probably knock out a bear with his Olé Kick, but Samoa Joe is in no way, shape or form more entertaining than Chris Jericho. Chris Jericho was one of the most over wrestlers in WCW, a company that had no desire to ever make him a Main Eventer, something Eric Bischoff has never denied and never will. Jericho got fans to cheer for him despite him being a heel based off the fact he was hilarious on the microphone, he'd say the most ridiculous things and get a laugh, he was the anti-heel in ways, because despite being someone who wanted the crowd to hate him and achieving it, they couldn't help but admire his humor.

Joe has shown he can be entertaining, but he doesn't touch Jericho on the stick. In the ring, sure Samoa Joe has an impressive record, but lets look at the facts. Outside of Kurt Angle, Sting, AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam and hell, Jeff Jarrett, who has Samoa Joe beaten that could be labeled as impressive? Jericho has victories over a slew of top names in the industry, Jericho has main evented a Wrestlemania, hes held several World Championships and is one of the best heels of the past decade.

Sorry JGlass, but Joe doesn't touch Jericho. I agree a decent argument can be made for Joe, but it isn't going to stand up to that of Jericho's, people may want to start making their cases for Jerry Lawler now cause Jericho is breezing past the first round.

2. GI Cake

GI Cake Thank God For Sodamy.

Anyone else digging the Steve Austin vs Sabu in ECW? I feel this can be the upset of the entire tournament. Sabu is one of the toughest guys in Professional Wrestling and he is in his home field advantage of ECW.

3. Peoples_Champ

Peoples_Champ Bra & Panties match winner & NEW...

I'd like to point out that I am a perfect 0 for 5 in predicting first round upsets