Finn Balor and Bayley.... Not just yet.

Heartbreak_Kid_707

Championship Contender
I really like Balor. He's got the look, the skill, and best entrance I've seen in a long time. But I don't think he should move up yet. I know he's ready but I think nxt needs him more. They always have the next champion groomed to hold the belt till his time then pass it on to the next and so forth. And I don't see that yet. I'm guessing Joe or Corbin. But I think nxt needs Balor more than Balor needs nxt.

Divas are the same way. Bayley is my favorite Diva period. And I know she can hang with Sasha and the main roster. But I don't think nxt can afford to let her go. Who's next, Bliss? Nxt really needs bayley to stay. Give some legitimacy to the women's title.

And I don't recall either title changing much unless they move up does it?

A developmental promotion is going to be a revolving door for talent, there's nobody that they need per say. I don't think a developmental territory 'needs' a worker. A worker that needs NXT to develope their character. I'm sure Balor's NXT time is about up and I sprculate he will get the call up some time later on in the year.

Part of what keeps you interested in NXT is it stays fresh. One minute you're seeing Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Neville and Kevin Owens, you see different workers and different feuds. They're there long enough until they get their stamp of approval and brought up to main roster when they feel the character may can get over on their own.

But what if the talent moves along a lot quicker than the rest? I mean Balor has technically been ready easily for at least a month. What if they moved him up as quick as he got his stamp of approval and just throw the belt on whoever is next? Or the one after that? Like if Balor was ready but nobody else good enough to hold the title and keep fans interested in it? I know its a developmental program but they did make the title important. What if noons else is ready to carry the "torch of attention"?
this especially holds true in the women's division. Bayley was way good enough to move up after her and Sasha's iron woman match. But she would had to drop the belt to someone to move up. And I think nxt has a significant drop off from bayley to the next. I think that's why she's not been called yet

Yeah, those two are like the "face of the company" over in NXT. Like you said, NXT has done a great job so far, of replacing their top stars. They had Neville, then Zayn, Owens, Breeze (to his max potential), now Balor. On the women's division, Emma, followed by Paige, Charlotte, Banks and now Bailey. Tag teams- Ascension and Lucha Dragons. But the question is that is it really worth moving them to the main roster right now. And we ask this question not because we doubt if they are ready for the main programme, because they are... but because we doubt if the writers over there are ready for them. Of course, the men will have the customary match against Cena (if he is available), but what about when that angle is over? For the women and tag teams, it'll be even tougher. And it's a damn shame, because time is not a constraint in this case. 3 hours is a long time, followed by 2 hours of Smackdown, and two minor shows running an hour each. Yet, every week we see segments dragging on, people talking and talking, killing time... three shows totally made of random matches and recaps. So it's totally on the writers or bookers, whatever you wanna call them. You have the talent and you have time, but you don't have the ideas. I don't want Balor to fight Ryback or Stardust when he moves up. Or Bailey fighting the 2-minute divas. Thus, as a fan of Balor and Bailey, I would love to see them remain on NXT, at least until the end of Wrestlemania season, and make their shift after some spots have opened up for them, or the writers have come up with a concrete plan.

But what if the talent moves along a lot quicker than the rest? I mean Balor has technically been ready easily for at least a month. What if they moved him up as quick as he got his stamp of approval and just throw the belt on whoever is next? Or the one after that? Like if Balor was ready but nobody else good enough to hold the title and keep fans interested in it? I know its a developmental program but they did make the title important. What if noons else is ready to carry the "torch of attention"?
this especially holds true in the women's division. Bayley was way good enough to move up after her and Sasha's iron woman match. But she would had to drop the belt to someone to move up. And I think nxt has a significant drop off from bayley to the next. I think that's why she's not been called yet

Balor may have been ready, many of them that come into NXT are. Balor has 10 more years of experience than Roman Reigns and about as much experience as John Cena in terms of being in the business. It's just we haven't seen a lot of these guys because they've spent a decade + everywhere else.

He's ready but just like any of them, there has to be a plan in place. I imagine it's kinda hard to factor in when to bring workers up from developmental when your key guys are getting hurt. Many of them have had programs to enter immediately upon being called up.

The Shield - Preventing Ryback from winning the championship.

Paige - Won Divas Championship and later entered a feud with AJ Lee.

Big E - Involved with Dolph Ziggler as his bodyguard.

Kevin Owens - Feuded with John Cena.

Tyler Breeze - Program with Dolph Ziggler.

Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch, Charlotte - 'Divas Revolution'

Wyatt Family - Program with Kane.

Neville - Program with Wade Barrett.

The same would go for Balor, which I'm almost certain him and Bayley will be next in line to come up. But them being there since I would imagine is more with creative on the main roster than NXT needing them. NXT has more than enough talent there to carry on without Balor.

But I don't think (Balor) should move up yet. I know he's ready but I think nxt needs him more.

Which calls to mind an interesting possible scenario: Who would win in a policy decision argument between Vince McMahon and Triple H?

Trips is in charge of NXT, right? Obviously, he knows he can't deplete the roster and keep its momentum going, so he probably has the same thoughts about Balor and Bayley as the OP.

POINT TO PONDER: If those two wrestlers got married, would she then be known as Bayley Balor? :)

But what if Vince, looking at his injury-depleted main roster, decided he had to have one or both of them move up, even at the expense of NXT? Does Triple H simply give in.....or could there be a real problem between them?

I dread the day Bayley gets to be on 1 raw a month to job to Alisha Fox, versus seeing her weekly as she dominates in NXT.

I know eventually they need to move up, but as a fan, I'd rather watch them both in NXT forever, than to see them lost to the undercard of Monday Night Roman.

POINT TO PONDER: If those two wrestlers got married, would she then be known as Bayley Balor? :)

More like Bayley Devitt. Though it reminds me of joke I heard some years ago here: If AJ Lee married AJ Styles she would be AJ Styles. :p

Oh, and Vince would win hands down. Though they arent needed to rush on RAW, NXT is just developmental. Both of them would be crazy to turn down offers to go to main roster especially since both of them are possibly huge stars that would be more in rank of Owens then Breeze in terms of usage of them. Though they arent needed just yet and dont see them in there until maybe after Wrestlemania. :)

I totally disagree...especially as someone who wants to see The Demon vs The Deadman at Wrestlemania. NXT will be just fine without Finn the same way they were without Neville, Owens, Rollins, and all the rest.

Samoa Joe also needs to get called up. They'll still have guys like Sami Zayn, Apollo Crews, Shinsuke Nakamura, Bull Dempsey etc... Also, they will be getting Austin Aries soon. So yea, they're good.

They can keep Bayley tho. There's plenty of Diva's in WWE.

Finn Balor though, the guy is 34 and has been around for 15 years. He's white hot, the champ, and needs to use that to come right in and challenge a top guy like Undertaker imo. Would be a helluva show.

NXT is what it is. A developmental talent pool for WWE to pick from and it should remain just that. Yes it is better with Balor and Bayley in it. But if creative come up with the right scenario for either of them then BOOM I assure you they are outa there!

NXT is the best wrestling show going at the moment, specifically for us IRC. A portion of the WWE hierarchy know this now and are doing all the right things to keep it going full steam ahead. But do you know what would ruin NXT for us? If they made it too big for its boots.
A consistent revolving door of talent and gimmick changes is what keeps NXT fresh in the first place.... the Ascension and the Lucha Dragons went up to the main roster and because those two teams are not around we are able to see more tag teams getting a shot.... if Seth Rollins, Big E, Bo Dallas, Neville and Kevin Owens were still knocking around NXT the Title picture would be CHAOS...
And if Balor, Joe, Corbyn, Zayne, Itami or Crews never get their shot at the WWE then we will never see favorites like Tye Dillinger, Elias Sampson, Shinsuke Nakamura or anyone else get their opportunities within NXT before a callup.

I don't think Balor or Bayley will be on the roster until after WrestleMania. Some reports have addressed this as there's some confusion, allegedly, about what to do with Balor. Said reports state that he's ready for the main roster and has been for quite a while, yet he's also doing such excellent work in NXT that there really isn't anyone to sort of "replace" him at that same level right now. At the same time, however, Balor's 34 years old and while he's still quite a young man, realistically speaking, he probably only has 4 or 5 years in which he'll be used/viewed as a strong commodity in WWE; Balor, like others, have put over NXT in various interviews in saying that he's "happy" there and while he may believe that NXT is the superior overall product right now, he's only making somewhere around $25,000 a year there, so he can't stay in NXT if he wants to make some serious money and if he isn't brought to the main roster in 2016, it wouldn't surprise me if he asks for his release.

As for Bayley, she's only 26 years old and she's so fresh right now. She's benefitted from NXT's consistently strong booking in that she's a classic babyface that fans have rallied around; that's something that's becoming all the more difficult to do in wrestling today and even more so due to the inconsistency and convolution of WWE booking at various times. For instance, if the Divas Revolution angle had been handled with Triple H and Ryan Ward making the final booking decisions, there's a very good possibility that it would've been an flat out epic storyline rather than one that achieved mixed success. If Vince and his team, though primarily Vince, allows Bayley to keep the core of who she is without trying to Divafy her into some sort of glamorous character, she'll ultimately be just fine.

I don't think Balor or Bayley will be on the roster until after WrestleMania. Some reports have addressed this as there's some confusion, allegedly, about what to do with Balor. Said reports state that he's ready for the main roster and has been for quite a while, yet he's also doing such excellent work in NXT that there really isn't anyone to sort of "replace" him at that same level right now. At the same time, however, Balor's 34 years old and while he's still quite a young man, realistically speaking, he probably only has 4 or 5 years in which he'll be used/viewed as a strong commodity in WWE; Balor, like others, have put over NXT in various interviews in saying that he's "happy" there and while he may believe that NXT is the superior overall product right now, he's only making somewhere around $25,000 a year there, so he can't stay in NXT if he wants to make some serious money and if he isn't brought to the main roster in 2016, it wouldn't surprise me if he asks for his release.

As for Bayley, she's only 26 years old and she's so fresh right now. She's benefitted from NXT's consistently strong booking in that she's a classic babyface that fans have rallied around; that's something that's becoming all the more difficult to do in wrestling today and even more so due to the inconsistency and convolution of WWE booking at various times. For instance, if the Divas Revolution angle had been handled with Triple H and Ryan Ward making the final booking decisions, there's a very good possibility that it would've been an flat out epic storyline rather than one that achieved mixed success. If Vince and his team, though primarily Vince, allows Bayley to keep the core of who she is without trying to Divafy her into some sort of glamorous character, she'll ultimately be just fine.

$25,000??? No way he's making that little...that's like $10 an hour. That's insanely unrealistic. He's gotta be pulling in a minimum of at least $75,000...he's the champ and top draw for goodness sake.

$25,000??? No way he's making that little...that's like $10 an hour. That's insanely unrealistic. He's gotta be pulling in a minimum of at least $75,000...he's the champ and top draw for goodness sake.

Agreed. There's no way he's making $25,000. That's almost welfare money. I can see an NXT jobber making maybe $25,000 where he spends all his time training at the performance center. Because I believe in NXT, WWE springs for travel expenses for them as well. When you come up to the main roster, they continue to do so for three months or so to help get your feet under you.

Balor isn't going to be anything more on the main roster than Jeff Hardy. If he's champion, he's going to be a transitional guy just to appease the crowds and shut them up for a month or two. At 34, he's not spring chicken. Once all his Bullet Club guys hit the roster, then maybe something else will happen and they build a strong stable and he can surprise some people. But like someone above said, it'll be after Mania and they'll have to have a concrete plan for him or he's going to end up in John Morrison territory. Someone above said you don't have anyone to replace Balor yet. You don't need a guy to replace him at the top. You'll build him. Gotta have that heel champion take the title off Balor first. And honestly... Baron Corbin is that guy. Watching people chase the title around and try to take it off a heel like Corbin would be fantastic.

Bayley has grown on me more than anybody in NXT. I didn't really get it at first. But now her music hits, she does her little hands thing, and I'll crack a smile. I enjoy watching her. In all honesty, I could see her being a female version of Cena. She's just so damn likable. But also... after Mania.

I think it's too early for a few reasons.

1) I actually want to see FInn turn heel in NXT first.

2) The Main Roster is too cluttered with performers in the upper-mid card right now. Just look at what happened with Tyler Breeze. n

As for Bayley, I think it's too early also because the Main Roster hasn't utilized Sasha yet. If Bayley moves up, one will be lost in the shuffle. But also, Sasha, Charlotte and Becky moving up at the same time left a void in the NXT women's division...so intense, that for some reason they just made Carmella the #1 contender (WTF!).

There's no hurry.

Bayley said in an interview not long ago that she would want to stay in nxt.

But I think there no divas revolution left after bayley..with Balor, there's a couple he could fued with in nxt I think.

While it made for some entertaining programming, I really think NXT dropped the ball with Alexa Bliss. When Blake and Murphy got involved in that one episode, it was intense and compelling...and over 2 weeks later...

Nevertheless, Bayley can always have a feud with Emma...although I think her ultimate defeat will come at the hands of Asuka. I'm still trying to find out why they're giving Carmella that shot, when she's been mostly jobbing for awhile.

Wow! I am gonna love them more if it happens. I have always loved the idea of my favorite male star getting married happily with my favorite female star. :p

As for the OP, its a Yes! for Finn Balor due to injured main roster stars and No! for Bayley due to already mismanaged the so-called Divas Revolution! :shrug:

:devil:

NXT is more brand based, wereas the Main Roster needs stars (which is hilarious, since WWE corporate has done everything they can to make it the opposite, and failed)

NXT will remain hot with their big boys (and gals) moving forward. The show is JUST as much about the way people are used as the people themselves. I can not be told that WrestleMania this year would not be helped by Balor, as well as a possible incredible showdown in the womens division between Bayley and Charolette.

NXT is prepared for another big re-stock, and while I won't post spoilers, you will all see quite soon what I mean. I fully expect to see Balor on the RAW after Mania. If not, he may never come up at all, owing to his age.

Developmental contracts, last time the info was available, were 50k. The talents also make money off merch sales, and individual raises are given out (or which im POSITIVE Balor has been the beneficiary of)

I can see more incentivized raises happening as the brand continues to grow, modeled a lot like the old territories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back