Final ECW on TNN with KB

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Final ECW on TNN
Date: October 6, 2000
Commentators: Joel Gertner, Joey Cyrus

So this is it. The timing is perfect as this if five days after the Anarchy Rulz PPV I just did so the angles will be fresh for me. Everyone and their mother knew that WWF was about to come in and have Raw on TNN and there was nothing ECW could do about it. ECW was dead by this point anyway so it’s not like it really mattered or anything. Let’s get to this so we can get it over with.

We open with a far too long Limp Bizkit song highlighting the PPV from five days ago where Jerry Lynn won the world title and ended Justin’s far too long of a reign. That’s the same video that ended the PPV.

Joey goes over the whole Gertner vs. Cyrus thing at the PPV and says we’ll see the match. A lot of people will be here tonight.

Hotline ad, including a rumor of WCW being sold. That actually wasn’t the sale to Vince but a rumored one where it would have gone for about 500 million dollars. Vince’s buying price a mere 5 moths later: 3 million.

Ad for November to Remember as we’re about 9 minutes in with no matches or anything yet.

Commercial number two and no matches yet. Yeah they knew they were done.

Bilvis Wesley vs. Nova

Yeah see what I’m having to deal with for you guys here? Nova and Chetti, the best team in ECW for their last 15 months or so have split up with Nova as the face I think. Commercial #3 and we haven’t had a match yet. There are about 5 empty seats in the front row. Nova is dressed like the Flash here which is one of the few costumes he stuck with.

This should be a squash but it likely won’t be. He’s a bad Elvis impersonator. I mean he makes Honky look good. Joey asks Joel what his strategy is for his match with Cyrus which was five days earlier but whatever. This is just a way for Gertner to make Elvis jokes which are getting over. Nova hits a Swanton for two as this has been going for a good while now but the commentary is more interesting.

SICK enziguri by Nova and Bilvis is almost out. Nova Cain hits and the valet and the wrestler that hangs out with Bilvis break up the pin. Nova is just toying with them here for the most part. School boy gets two. Kryptonite Krunch (modified Emerald Flosion) ends it. Mostly a squash.

Rating: D+. Nothing much here but it’s the last original match on this show as other than this it’s nothing but repeated matches from the PPV. This was nothing of note but Nova is always fun to watch with all of his insane offense. This wasn’t much at all though.

Ok so apparently they’re just airing the 20+ minute segment of Kid Kash vs. EZ Money and Gertner vs. Cyrus, so since I watched that like a week ago, there’s no point in redoing it so I’m just going to cut and paste from the other show.

Kid Kash vs. EZ Money

Somehow the segment I just went through took about 8 minutes. To the shock of NO ONE, Kid Rock music gets no reaction in Minnesota. This should actually be fairly awesome. Kash could go, there’s no question about that. He had been pushed as a big time guy, actually beating Rhyno for the TV Title for two weeks. Money hits what would become his finisher in WCW (vertical suplex but he just lets him go so that Kash goes flying) for two.

The fans want tables and Money crashes onto all of his buddies. Kash hits an INSANE double jump front flip to the floor. If Kash could do nothing else, he could REALLY do big flips well. Gertner tries to get the crowd into things as Money hooks a reverse Boston Crabd and hooks Kash’s arms up with it in a PAINFUL looking move. Kash is just insane with these jumps and flips.

He hits a 360 tornado DDT for a long two as the fans are way into this. Kash hits what would be more commonly known as Whisper in the Wind and a bunch of other big flips and springboard moves for two. He was definitely exciting. Money Maker (double underhook piledriver) gets nothing due to interference.

The referee doesn’t notice three guys in the ring other than Kash apparently. None of this works though as Kash is too big of a star to lose to EZ Money. Money goes for a top rope powerbomb but reverses into a rana for the pin in a sloppy but difficult as hell move. Gertner vs. Cyrus now.

Rating: B-. This was supposed to be entertaining and it certainly was. Kash was fun as hell to watch at times and this would certainly be in that list. Money was never anything all that special but he was ok here. This was just filler but for about 8 minutes it was a very solid cruiserweight style match.

The heels beat the hell out of Kash, Spike makes the save, Spike gets beaten up and Sandman comes in without music or anything to blow the roof off the place. Elektra tries to seduce him but gets beer poured on her chest and Gertner’s face shoved into them. Match finally.

Cyrus vs. Joel Gertner

Joel takes his shirt off and has Kamala paint on his chest. He goes for a People’s Elbow, even taking the neckbrace off. This is weird as Joel has no idea what he’s doing and Cyrus is a trained wrestler in a suit. It’s ALL Cyrus here of course as Gertner is pretty much dead. Pay no attention to Sandman out there. I’m sure he won’t do anything. Beer to Cyrus’ eyes and a rollup ends it for Gertner.

Rating: N/A. This was just for the ECW fans and it worked fine. It only took six months to get to this. They talk about how this is a victory over the Network, even though they would be canceled in 5 days anyway.

This literally just took up 20 minutes of an hour long show not counting commercials.

Rhyno says RVD can’t beat him. Same promo from the PPV.

The FBI, with Mamaluke sounding like Adam Sandler I think on purpose, say they can beat Tajiri and Mikey.

Sinister Minister says the FBI is lying.

New Jack says Justin should have known he was coming. These are all from Sunday, just not aired on the PPV. He says he took himself out. Ok then. Yeah I never liked New Jack. He wants Francine to be his hooker. And Rhyno is going to wear a dress.

Corino calls out Jerry Lynn and Justin because it’s a three way at the next PPV I guess.

Dawn Marie says….uh nothing I guess.

Lynn says he’s always going to defend the title every time he wrestles. Justin shows up and says he wants a rematch. They shake hands and Francine comes in and low blows him and Justin beats him up to end the show.

Overall Rating: D+. Yeah what do you really expect here? They knew they were dead and they didn’t care. The longest match they aired was good at least, but this was like a Superstars show or something but it really doesn’t matter. I don’t think they knew it was their last show but it would appear that they did. This was nothing and like the rest of the company, this show went out with a whimper. Terrible way to end a show indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back