Fight Owens Fight!! Kevin Owens Is The *NEW* WWE Intercontinental Champion

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Moments ago, Kevin Owens picked up his first championship victory in the WWE as a member of the main roster. After defeating Ryback, Owens has become Intercontinental Champion.

In the grand scheme of things, there's more of an upside to Owens being champion at this point. I had no problem with Ryback as champion and I think he did a good job when you considered the generally uninteresting program against Miz & Big Show he was saddled with, but maybe Ryback could move the card.

At any rate, Owens has the gold so let's see what WWE has him do with it.

I let out a good cheer when Kevin Owens won the I.C Title, I wasn't expecting a title change there. As happy as I am seeing Kevin Owens winning the belt, I can't help feel bad for Ryback.

I am also very glad for Kevin Owens and actually sad for Ryback. I hope this feud can still continue until both man can move on to better things, but at this moment I am just afraid Ryback will be lost in the shuffle. However this moment is about Kevin Owens, and the good thing about him is actually the freshness of his persona. You can pair him up against anyone and it could turn out to be a good and interesting rivalry. As for this moment I want him and Ryback to tear the crap out of each other, mainly because this match just felt a really flat, without any real meat or drama into it.

Then, expecting that Kevin Owens keeps the title, I would be more than glad to see him feud with a returning Daniel Bryan (who reports suggest is healthy and ready) and after it a returning Sami Zayn. Really, this guy can be paired up with Cesaro, Rusev, Dolph Ziggler, heck anyone really and still be fun. I would even welcome a champion vs. champion feud with John Cena again.

There's absolutely zero reason for Kevin Owens to fail as Intercontinental Champion, and only morons (in Creative) can fluke it.

I'm not a fan of either guy so I really didn't care who won, but the finish was awful (this entire night was full of nothing but terrible finishes to every match, regardless of whether the match was good or not). I can see Kevin Owens holding the title for a few months and dropping it around the Royal Rumble, then regaining it at WrestleMania, or possibly just holding it until Mania.

I like Ryback but his IC title run never quite did it for me. WWE booking didn't help either, when they stuck him with Big Slow and the Miz, ntm, the injury he suffered also.

Hopefully KO can go from strength to strength from here on in and have a nice long IC title reign with some great feuds along the way.

I think this and the Diva's match (of all matches) were the only two matches that didn't push this PPV toward worst in history status.

Kevin Owens is a high profile part of the talent roster, now the IC title is going to get some much needed buzz. Fan favorites and villains alike have chemistry with Kevin Owens, I look forward to watching him defend the belt in the future.

Let's just pretend that the rest of the PPV, except seeing Charlotte win the Diva's championship, never actually happened. Honestly; for the men's matches, Kevin Owens winning the belt is the only fresh occurrence for the entire night. I'm not knocking John Cena (for once), but seeing him win the US Title doesn't really have the "HOLY SHIT!" factor that seeing Kevin Owens win his first major WWE title would inspire. Seth beat Sting handily, nothing to really reflect on there. New Day are just a bunch of lovable jerk-offs, still have their belts. The third man got bear hugged into submission, very anti-climactic.

It's like the NOC PPV was meant to be damage control matches, wasted matches and only a few matches that really qualified this as a PPV. This, and the Diva's match, were literally the only reasons I don't regret staying up late tonight.

Kevin Owens deserved to be a champion. There are few fellas in the WWE who does look much better with a championship belt strapped around their waist or on their shoulder. Seth Rollins and Kevin Owens are such personalities. When he lost the NXT title, I really thought he would win the United States title but it was unlikely. It wasn't a great sight to see him without a championship belt but with the title now he becomes more responsible and apparently more cocky which is quite good for his character.

Now as he holds onto the prestigious title, he'll have more good feuds to face with. I wonder where he can go from this point. The feud with Ryback will certainly be not disappointing albeit the build-up wasn't so great. But I still wonder who he faces after Ryback. He does need someone superstar of his calibre either in the ring or in the mic to face him next.

Cheers!!

For some reason Ryback title reign seemed like it has unfinished business. Maybe it's because of his injury which took him out for a month or so, or the fact that he was stuck with Big Show and Miz for almost all of it.

I like Ryback but the IC title run didn't seem to do anything for him really. So here's hoping Owens, who I like also, will be able to so more. Wouldn't mind seeing him in a feud with Cesero, that should be pretty good. Or maybe Zayn when he comes back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back