Feud of the Year

Discussion in '2010 Wrestling Awards' started by klunderbunker, Dec 1, 2010.

?

Feud of the Year

1. Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon

2. The Miz vs. Daniel Bryan

3. Kurt Angle vs. Mr. Anderson

4. Batista vs. John Cena

5. Kane vs. The Undertaker

6. Kevin Steen vs. El Generico

7. Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker

8. Nexus vs. WWE

9. John Cena vs. Nexus

10. Michael Cole vs. Daniel Bryan

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

Might have to throw in Jenks vs. sanity.

2. ABMorales787

ABMorales787 Lord And Master
    Staff Member Administrator

I'm gonna have to go with Anderson/Angle. I loved Batista/Cena but it declined after Wrestlemania. And the duct tape. Really? Duct tape?

3. RVDgurl

RVDgurl Mrs. Danielson

Again, I'm in love with the fact that Bryan Danielson accounts for 2 options in this poll. However, the fued of the year took place in ROH- Steen vs. Generico has been amazing.
    Anyone who routinely follows ROH will have to agree. The build up was done perfectly and the matches thus far have gone above and beyond expectations. The incorporation of Steve Corino and Colt Cabana has only added more depth to it, but make no mistake, Steen and Generico have the shining stars.

4. D-Man

D-Man Gone but never forgotten.

Cena vs. Nexus here.

You have a stable that appears on a live, flagship show out of thin air, attacks the top guy of the company, destroys everything in their paths, they dominate the show, Cena tries to battle back and is unsuccessful in the long run, and his journey to derail them gets him to give up his pride, join them, and it got him FIRED FROM THE WWE. Is there any angle in history that even came close to accomplishing these things??? It's the most compelling wrestling angle in recent history. There's no way it can't win here.

5. Hulk Hogan's Brother

Hulk Hogan's Brother Stop asking me what I'm gonna do!!!

Cena vs Nexus definately. Just look at the amount of positive reaction Cena is getting. Almost everyon is cheering him.

6. Joe's Gonna Kill You

Joe's Gonna Kill You The Hunt is On

Angle vs Anderson was a Great Feud and should win this here the promos were great and the Feud ended in that Great Match at Lockdown.

7. Thriller Ant

Thriller Ant Beep Bop Boop

Glad to see you agree, thought I'd be the only one to nominate it and vote for it :).

Everything about this feud has been perfectly and beautifully done. One year ago, the feud started when Steen kicked Generico in the balls and hit him with a chair. From there Steve Corino and Colt Cabana came to help Steen and Generico respectively. Corino and Steen tortured Cabana and Generico, but yet, Generico couldn't bring himself to harm his former partner.

Finally, at The Big Bang, Generico was finally able to break through his mental barrier and attack Steen after Steen and Corino were disqualified in their tag team match. From there, the two teams battled in a double chain match and in a steel cage. Corino and Cabana had an I Quit match to end their active involvement in the feud which will culminate one year after it began at this year's Final Battle.

Generico has become darker in recent weeks, causing worry from Cabana. Steen and Generico will face off at Final Battle in a Fight Without Honor (No DQ match) where if Steen loses, he is out of ROH and if Generico loses, he will lose his mask.

The feud has been beautifully crafted and performed to perfect by all men involved. I know it probably won't win here, but there is no doubt in my mind that Steen vs. Generico is the feud of the year.

8. Coco

Coco Mid-Card Championship Winner

Bryan's two feuds which really happened at the same time are going to split the vote.

I went with Bryan vs. Cole.

9. FunKay the Inevitable

FunKay the Inevitable People Like Me, We Don't Play

Batista/Cena. They had three good-excellent PPV matches and the promos were magnificent, particularly leading up to Mania. Batista showed why he is indeed one of the best of his generation and Cena showed just why he was/is the face of the company.

10. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Rear Naked Bloke

Mm. In real terms, it was Bryan vs. Cole/Miz. Cole was the better branch of that feud though; if only because Coco the Monkey has convinced me that The Miz is even more shit than Michael Cole.

11. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Rear Naked Bloke

It's come to my attention that there are people out there that weren't bored of The Nexus angle by the second week. I mean, my interest has sporadically flickered back to life but that flame's been extinguished for months now. I've only been paying attention to see if Barrett would win the title and I'd have to leave WrestleZone. For about a week.

12. DiscipleofWrestling

DiscipleofWrestling Getting Noticed By Management

If you are talking about air time and amount of attention given to a feud, WWE vs. Nexus would win hands down. WWE has stayed the course with this feud and continued to draw it out despite the many bumps in the road.

But if you are talking about quality of the matches, promos, the performance of the participants, and the amount of heat the angle received, I would have to vote (and have voted) for Mr. Anderson vs. Kurt Angle. From the beginning to end, it was a solid, entertaining feud that really helped put Anderson over in TNA in my opinion. A lot of people had questions as to whether Anderson could have a solid main event level match. I think that working with Angle and his ability to have solid matches afterwards have helped put Anderson over as a major star in TNA. And in this situation, the feud had a great finale in the Steel Cage Match at Lockdown. The wrestlers had great performances, and the match itself was a great culmination that touched on various emotions and situations based in the feud (using the Warrior Medal as a weapon and spitting). Angle vs. Anderson was short, but it was damn entertaining.

13. dman1373

dman1373 Championship Contender

I would have to agree that the bryan vs. cole/miz was the most entertaining fued of the year. It had great matches. Surprizes. Run ins. And it made nxt season 1 amazing.

14. shattered dreams

shattered dreams Hexagonal Hedonist

Shocking but true.

15. ABMorales787

ABMorales787 Lord And Master
    Staff Member Administrator

I'm surprised the anxiety hasn't killed you already.

16. Tastycles

Tastycles Turn Bayley heel

Miz vs Bryan may not have been earth shattering, but its had good matches, and has remained a prevalent theme for both men since February without getting dull. A good slow-burner that's held my interest.

17. GIMH

GIMH Lifelong Jerichoholic

Cena v Nexus

A feud that has ran for six months and still excites me. Win.

18. Million Dollar Dream

Million Dollar Dream Pre-Show Stalwart

That first night that Wade Barrett showed up in the match Cena vs CM Punk and then slowly walked down the ramp to look into the crowd and see the other NXT season 1 guys, hop over the barricade and attack Luke Gallows, Then CM Punk then Cena and staff it was a fresh change in WWE. The feud has lasted since June and we still have no idea of what Wade Barrett keeps referring to as a bigger plan, he has used this line even when taking out Undertaker. Each Monday that passes brings us closer to the answer of if not Wade Barrett who is pulling the strings on Nexus to make a calculating target of John Cena? Is it whoever is behind the Laptop GM? The GM has gone along with Wade Barrett decisions all along by allowing the Cena fired or Wade Barrett becomes champion stipulation. The GM has enforced Cena listen to all demands levied by Wade Barrett, and has not punished NEXUS for getting involved in the Kane vs Undertaker Buried Alive Match, and has stated he thinks Wade Barrett is Champion Material. This has been the freshest feud in WWE in a very long time, people may debate Bryan vs The Miz, but that was nothing more then a flash in the pan feud that was placed to get the United States title off The Miz and free him up for focusing on Money in The Bank. I would have loved seeing this feud between Bryan and The Miz take off and become feud of the year, it had really great potential and maybe the two (I'm hoping) will cross paths again...Undertaker vs HBK has been done many times and TNA isn't competition enough for the WWE machine to gain any Feud of The Year or Match of The Year.

19. Mighty NorCal

Mighty NorCal SHALL WE BEGIN?

Who the fuck is Kevin Steen?

Man, such a stacked catergory. Undertaker Vs HBK, Batista Vs Cena, and Bret Vs Vince could have been winners in other years.

None of them stretched as long, and provided as much quality entertainment as Cena vs The Nexus though. From the battles in the summer, to Cena being in the Nexus, to now the current incarnation of BatCena, its all been fantastic television.

EDIT: Also, Anderson-Angle was shit. The very definition of lazy, cheap heat. Uh, fucking hello, ANDERSON WAS IN THE ARMY. eye rolling TV every time.

20. Macca

Macca The Sunflower Samurai

WWE vs. Nexus.

Remember that feeling of shock and awe when Nexus would swarm in from out of nowhere like locusts and tear thru everything?

That feeling died for me at SummerSlam. Not to say that Cena vs. Nexus hasn't been good, because it has, but the hype machine died when Cena no-sold that DDT on the concrete.

21. gd

gd Plump, Juicy User

Cena/Batista for me. Nothing really ground breaking, but it was solidly booked all the way around, we got a surprise cash in type situation at Elimination Chamber that is always fun, Batista was sick as a heel, he wore a tight jacket, and things just worked.

Not to mention their matches were all more than solid. Wrestlemania match was one of the best of they year while both the Extreme Rules and Over the Limit matches were well above average.

22. Undertaker the 5th

Undertaker the 5th Graveyard Punk

I go with Cena vs Nexus.

It simply has been the main point of watching Raw since the first attack on Cena. It has had some good fights, break ups, new members, and amazing promos. I think it's great that Cena got fired kayfabe for the soul purpose of adding to the storyline and because of that amazing promo that he cut.

23. gurvinder372

gurvinder372 Occasional Pre-Show

Cena vs Nexus is my pick.
    If there is one moment that i will take away from this year, it will be Barret's verbal dominance over Cena and the he humiliated Cena in every way he can. I mean Barret's telling Cena to clean Nexus's locker room, to bring a glass of water for him, stopping him while he is on his way to locker room and saying you can't see me till next week, and telling him again and again that cena is scared of him. Drama that was created by Cena's gave-up (almost) expression and Barret (along with Nexus) making mockery of Cena was engaging to watch.
    To top all this Cena's decision to call it down the middle, and getting fired. His farewell speech, which for me is the best promo of the year, earning him many more fans. Then Cena's vigilante version, coming out of the crowd squashing Nexus members, making Ontonga to force Barret to hire Cena. Cena saying to Barret, that his rehiring might stop attacks on nexus, but not on barret.
    This was all engaging stuff. So it wins for me easily.

24. Y2JChrisJericho

Y2JChrisJericho Pre-Show Stalwart

Cena-Nexus.

Surprised VInce-Bret didn't get more votes, but the Cena-Nexus feud made me watch Raw actually. It built a lot of suspense because I truly thought Cena would turn heel at Summerslam, and it was teased as well. The feud had such an awful ending though. Well..it's having a very awful ending. I hope TLC doesn't end the feud because they put a lot of time in to this feud, which one of the main reasons why I voted for it.

25. Chicago1989

Chicago1989 Ain't it sleep first then eat?

John Cena Vs. The Nexus for Feud of the Year? Don't make me throw up. You just can't be serious. That feud insults my intelligence.

Juan Cena > All feuds? Get the fuck out of here!

You wanna talk about Feud of the Year? A feud that's been building for a WHOLE YEAR? It's Kevin Steen Vs. El Generico. This rivalry has been building up since the end of last year up to now. It's one of the most intense, violent, and one of the most bloodiest feuds I've ever seen. All year long, they've competed - PPV after PPV - and in many different brutal stipulations. But I'm not gonna keep talking. Just watch this and see what a real feud is:

[YOUTUBE]T6hp4X-cVKs[/YOUTUBE]​