Mickie James
Tara
Beth Phoenix
Awesome Kong
Gail Kim
MsChif
Santina Marella

Remember: This is in the Non-Spam Section

The Female award is the most prized award amongst some wrestling fans. Divas, Knockouts and female leads around the world collide for this honour.

I really noticed this, but the WWE sure likes their women with the Letter M. Melina, Maria, Mickie James, Maryse, Michelle McCool, and Marella. Marella. She seems to have been my number one choice for the first half of the year. She took one 24 other women to become Miss Wrestlemania. But she really failed to capitalize on it, and didn't win a title.

I think this year, I choose Maryse. She has had great feuds, she has held the belt, and she is one of the best characters going out of divas. I think Maryse hit the jump here, and will look to a great career.

I'm voting Maryse here. In addition to being a Perfect 10, but she understands what it takes to be a heel. She's got a very natural heel vibe about her, from her offense, to her mannerisms. She also seems like she really enjoys being a wrestler, and despite her relative inexperience, she is one of the best overall on the roster. She's only going to get better too. I don't think she'll ever approach how good Trish got, but she reminds me a lot of Trish as someone who had absolutely no wrestling ability and gained an aptitude for the business very quickly.

She even made what could have been a terrible segment overall dressing up as the Gooker really entertaining. As long as she stays healthy, she's going to have a huge 2010.

I would have to say Mickie James. I just feel as though she has done more then any of the other wrestlers listed, not including Carter or McMahon. She is a very good face for the womens division in the WWE. She can actually wrestle, even though she does botch moves, unlike many of the WWE divas and she puts up with more crap from Vince then any diva I have seen in recent history.

Wrestling ability goes a long way in my decision and even though Maryse may have a good sense of being a heel she really does nothing for me as an in ring competitor. If I were to choose a heel it would have had to of been Velver Sky. You want a heel that can wrestle and act her part, there you go. She was so great at what she did in TNA.

In conclusion, my choice for women of the year is Mickie James. I just feel as though she has accomplished more this year and meant more to her company then any of the others.

I'm glad to see some support for Maryse. She is the diva darling of the IWC it seems, so I won't be surprised to see her take this thing.

She was red hot during her Divas Championship reign, winning the belt from a respectable Michelle McCool, and kept the belt for nearly 6 months before dropping it to Mickie James. She then, sadly, disappeared from the face of the earth to get knee surgery. Me and my penis missed her very much.

She returned in November in what I would say is one of the oddest comebacks in diva history, dressing up as the Gobbledy Gooker and ambushing Melina. Though she hasn't been as impressive in the ring as she was before her injury, she still looks better than most of the divas on RAW.

I'm hoping the WWE has big plans for Maryse. If they don't I do, both for her wrestling career and marrying me. Either way, Maryse has had a great 09, and I think she'll have many good years to come.

Maryse is gorgeous and she's started to impress me some since her return. Since her return, she seems to be much more confident to me in both the image she projects and as a snobby, hot girl character.

However, Maryse has been away from the WWE for a while now and, while I think she has improved, it's not enough just yet. I've got to give it to Mickie James. Mickie James is a pretty damn good female wrestler that fans have remained behind for a very long time. Whenever she comes out, even if it's in a completely shitty match against a completely shitty opponent, the fans always give her a good pop and are glad to see her. Mickie James is one of the very few Divas over the past few years that's managed to maintain some slight shred of credibility among the WWE Divas.

I was the only person to do so, but I voted for Melina. People forget that she held the WWE Women's Championship from the beginning of the year all the way to June, when Michelle McCool defeated her. Melina also is the current holder of the WWE Diva's Championship and now has held both belts for over 200 days of the current year. Pretty impressive to me. Michelle McCool would be a close second with her breakout performance this year as a heel.

I'm going with Maryse as well. Early on in the year, she was beast. Maryse added something fresh to the woman's division. It was the same divas alternating between the title, and they were already stale. Maryse had a good run with the title, and it was certainly entertaining (well, compared to other woman's title runs). She was fun to watch in the ring, and she played her gimmick extremely well. Her feuds were good and interesting. It made the division watchable, again. She's still alright, though, not as entertaining as when she had the title. With that said, she's certainly been the female of the year.

This was a tough choice since no one on the poll really stood out THAT much more than the others this year.... It came down to either Mickie or Michelle, and I gave my vote to Michelle because she has had one of the best womens' title reigns this year and has put on good matches (as far as divas are concerned anyway).... and she, along with Mickie, has also been involved in one of the most entertaining divas feuds in recent memory.

I was going to give my vote to Maryse because she has been pretty entertaining this year. She knows how to be a good heel and plays her character perfectly. However, I read Jack-Hammer’s post and I remembered that she had been out with an injury for a while. So unfortunately, I don’t think it’s fair to vote for her because we didn’t get to see everything she could have done if she was active instead of being injured. I don’t blame that on her, but because she was out and some of the other women were pretty good throughout the year she can’t get my vote.

Right now I’m leaning towards Awesome Kong or Mickie James. They’ve had much better years in the past, but this one was pretty solid. I think I’m going to vote Awesome Kong just because I don’t particularly remember the last time Mickie had a solid match this year. Also, because Awesome Kong has been pretty entertaining to me and she’s had some solid matches/feuds.

The fact the WWE Divas are practically dominating makes me sad. They are well below the Knockouts in ability, and don't even get the chance at storylines or quality matches. When's the last time there was a semi-good Divas pay-per-view match?

I wanted to vote for Awesome Kong, but decided to go with MsChif, since she needs some love. She's practically ruled the roost among the indies, and has avoided the temptation of being signed by either of the big guns. She's not half bad in the ring either.

Maryse (I don’t see the hype on this Diva at all. Yeah, she is cute but lets be honest as a wrestler not really. I would put her against an early Trish Stratus in her first match against Maryse. Trish would probably win! She is not that bad as the others but she isn’t the best.)

Stephanie McMahon (As of right now she is a mother but doesn’t do much on camera anymore. I still like her but this year she hasn’t done much of anything.)

Sarita (She is a great talent no doubt but not sure if she makes the contender though.)

Michelle McCool (I’ve always had high hopes ever since she started in the company. In a weird way she reminded me a bit of Stacey Keibler or Torrie Wilson in the early days of her career. Of course she hasn’t done much of anything though.)

Velvet Sky (She is a decent wrestler but not that great as Tara though. Still like her and what TNA is doing with her character except for the other two she is with.)

Dixie Carter (Not a wrestler and hopefully she never will. To be honest she needs to stay behind the scenes and more of a role like Linda McMahon. Only she needs to step in front of a camera when really needs it or does a publicity stint.)

Melina (I never cared too much about her ever since she started in the company. I have given her a shot but still a note worthy but that’s about it.)

Mickie James (Of course another great choice to go with her but something is missing wit her character though. It’s almost to blah in away!! She can still pull a match out though.)

Tara (She is another great choice ever since she debuted in wrestling. I believe she fits in once Gail left to make Knockout division to stay on top.)

Beth Phoenix (She is the best athletic wrestler on the roster besides five or six other talented workers. The rest are just plain stinks! She is a contender to pick.)

Awesome Kong (I’ve enjoyed her work but something is missing with her and can’t get my hands on her. I just have to wait to see if she does anything else.)

Gail Kim (I was a fan of her work no doubt but wish she didn’t leave TNA now she hasn’t done a whole lot since she returns to WWE.)

MsChif (Don’t know much about her but probably have seen her in some Shimmer DVD but not sure. I couldn’t vote for her.)

Santina Marella (This is just a joke and there are other great women talent should’ve been listed this name)

SO, I am going with Tara out of all of this. She is a force to be reckoned with though.

MsChif, MsChif, MsChif. I was only introduced to her this year and the first time I saw her, I was completely blown away. She is the queen of the indies and dominated SHIMMER as their champion. She is cut from the same mold as Awesome Kong- isn't a beauty queen but kicks so much ass in the ring, it's crazy. And she still uses the old school green mist. I love the mist- it's so cool.

I went with Maryse.

Even though she was injured a good majority of this year, she was still the female wrestler I could tolerate more so than any other in WWE. She's not the best wrestler, but her matches are short and sweet, and her beauty plus heel mannerisms make all her matches worth watching, which isn't something I can say for most lady performers in the business. Moreover, I think he work on the mic is fantastic as well, so that's just another huge plus for her, too.

Hmm, not sure. Pretty weak bunch here. Most of the WWE Divas are more or less the same with different hair color. I won't be voting for any of them, maybe Santina though. She was pretty entertaining for a few weeks.

The KO's haven't been that great this year either though. Kong hasn't really done much of anything besides a stupid feud with Tara, who isn't anything special, for most of the year. Sarita has had some solid matches, but nothing that has really "Wowed" me. Hamada is probably the best in TNA at the moment, and she's not on the list.

My man urges are encouraging me to vote for Velvet. She has improved in the ring and I never change the channel during her entrance. Plus, she's done a decent job of keeping the BP alive.

Dixie Carter, the true definition of a MILF. I always thought The Beatiful People was an ironic name, with most of them being really ropey looking. Add Dixie to the mix and the group becomes legitimate.

She could well be one of the worst female wrestlers of all time, if she ever had a match. But considering none of the females in WWE can produce good matches and all the other females in TNA are overrated, she should take this award with ease.

While I voted for Santina as a joke, I think the award should go to Dixie Carter. She heads the number two wrestling company in the US, one that people now see as a viable threat to WWE. One that has great wrestlers and a large-ish fanbase. Not bad, not bad at all.

I understand that the first thing that comes to mind in a wrestling poll when voting for "Female of the Year" would be the female WRESTLER of the year, but we can't think of it that way. I'm surprised that everyone doesn't realize that there is no female on this list that has done as much for professional wrestling this year as Dixie Carter. She is the HBIC of a promotion that is setting its sights on taking down the WWE and is utilizing every positive effort at her disposal in order to do so.

2009 marked the year that she finally made appearances on her flagship shows. She's stepped out of the shadows of being "behind the scenes," she is getting involved in storylines, she's showing face-time on television, she hired Hulk Hogan, reprimanded Jeff Jarrett, and gave one of the most important speeches in TNA's history and televised it for the world to see. TNA's direction is skyrocketing, revenue is pouring in, the company is gaining newer stars, it's growing, and there are no signs of it slowing down. This is all due to Dixie Carter. I don't care how hard the Divas, Knockouts, or Shimmer champions wrestle in a ring... it doesn't compare to the year that Dixie had.

I believe it would be a travesty for any other woman to win this besides Dixie Carter.

I can understand the votes for Maryse due to her being hot and being a champion some of the year, but Beth Phoenix deserves a vote. Period. She's a damn good wrestler and I would put her against any wrestler in any age today. She's athletic, and gorgeous. Something we don't see too often. She's truly a Glamazon and deserves a vote in this. Despite her work with Santino.

Beth gets the vote here.

There's only one person on that list that has influenced anything in wrestling this year, and it's Carter. For some reason she's taken it upon herself to enter the limelight, and is clearly trying to change the status quo in wrestling, which probably should be commended, even if I'm not certain that she knows exactly what direction that it is going in.

I voted for Dixie because of the power that she has, but why the hell isn't ODB on this list?

She's by far my favorite woman in wrestling followed by Beth Phoenix.

Mickie James.

Whilst she hasn't had an eminent year in terms of wrestling, she has actually been an incredibly undeniable worker. She's made the best of what she's been given, she was thrown green, sloppy opponents time and time again this year, and made to make them look the least bit credible, and somehow, despite the matches having their flaws, she managed it. She's survived constant criticism, and just had a superb match with Michelle McCool at Armageddon (refuse to call it TLC). Outside of wrestling, she was going around to various radio shows, tv programmes, to promote the company, representing the womens division as a whole and making it look tenable. She was stuck on the sidelines after being put on the back burner for *ahem* lesser opponents, and made the most of what she was stuck with, despite being arguably the best female performer in the company. This hasn't been Mickies best year in comparison to 2006, 2007 and 2008, not by a long shot, but she captured the divas championship from Maryse, who seems to be doing more show-boating than wrestling, and had an admirable match with Beth Phoenix where her selling ability really shone through. She was injured, came back to wrestle within two weeks of having surgery, and really impacted particular tag matches even when they had silly gimmicks attached to them. Her work ethic is consistent, her passion is consistent, and that's why she gets a vote from me.

I voted for Tara/Victoria. She started the year out at WWE, basically as a jobber losing to the Bella Twins over and over again. Now here she is in TNA, the current Knockout champion. It's the success story of the year. She works great matches and has had great promos since starting at TNA with both ODB and Amazing Kong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back