• Beth Phoenix

• Roxxi Laveaux

• Mickie James

• Kelly Kelly

• Michelle McCool

• Jillian Hall

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Gotta go with Beth Phoenix, although Mickie is a VERY close contender. But really, Beth has been the center of the women's division in the WWE just a little bit more so than Mickie, so she edges her out and beats her in this.

Awesome Kong is also a legitimate choice, but I kind of feel that the duo of the Beautiful People have shined brighter in TNA.

I also had to go with Beth Phoenix.

I mean, not only are all her matches watchable because of her strength and ability in the ring, but her storylines and promos have all been great since she started a relationship with Santino. Unlike Maria, she was able to take a relationship with Santino and make the most out of it.

Like the wrestlers before her, even though she is a bad ass in that ring, Beth still doesn't take herself too seriously. That's something a lot of wrestlers and divas today have a problem with: they take themselves way too seriously and are afraid to make themselves look foolish on television. Beth Phoenix fortunately doesn't have that problem and because of that, she has been able to provide us with some very entertaining television this past year.

I'd say Mickie, or the pretense that she should (or could be) diva of the year. She is clearly the most over. However, she isn't, because that title undoubtedly goes to Beth Phoenix. It's not even really debatable.

Beth Phoenix, has, and almost certainly will hold the title up until Wrestlemania. Certainly a good thing as well, she has given the divas title a built up amount of credibility. If I was booking for the WWE (God knows WWE doesn't want to become interesting), I would have her keep strong until mania, then lose it to Kelly Kelly cleanly. That'd be a great fued.

Anyway, Beth no doubt. She is the strongest women title holder the WWE has seen in ages.

I'm with the majority here as I think Beth Phoenix is the Female of the Year. Before this year, I disliked Beth. Then she won the Womens Title and started to show me that she had potential to be good. And she lived up to the hype. What makes her different to Awesome Kong, is that Beth makes herself and her opponents look strong. Whereas, Kong only makes herself look strong and make the rest of her opponents look like utter crap.

Kong and Mickie James would be the runner ups for this award, but it's not even close really. Not to mention that teaming Beth up with Santino Marella helped both superstars as they both were very entertaining to watch every week on Raw, and still are currently. Beth improved in the ring quite significantly and proved to me, that she is the best current Diva in the entire WWE. She has the look of a dominant but sexy Womens Champion who you love to hate, and she plays her role very well at the moment.

Santino is what puts Beth over Kong IMO....Before Santino and Beth hooked up, she wasn't really doing anything but Glamarella has been one of the most interesting couples....After Kong lost to Taylor Wilde, the dominance seems to be gone and if not for that I would have chose Kong.

Beth. Simply put, most of the others did nothing of note. Mickie looked amazingly sexy as always, but that might be the high point. Kong lost to Taylor Wilde, who did nothing else all year. Roxxi was just bald most of the year and never won anythign of note. Kelly is purely there for looks. She's sexy/hot, but that's it. Michelle got the title because she's sleeping with Taker, and Jillian......other than the Slammys thing has done nothing entertaining at all.

I'm expanding the date parameter slightly, but my vote goes to Gail Kim, currently residing in the "other" category.

Aside from being involved in the best women's matches of the year, (find me a single other WWE or TNA women's contest that got half the reaction that Gail Kim V Awesome Kong received... every time the pair were in the ring together. I also credit Kim with the rejuvenation of women's wrestling over the past twelve months.

It's no secret that she was one of the core personalities behind the emergence of the knockout division, and whilst common practice is to deny that WWE is aware of TNA in no capacity, I find the correlation between TNA's knockout division getting rave reviews across the board (and the increase in criticism of the WWE lingerie show that came with it) and the WWE suddenly deciding to start pushing women's wrestling again as too neat to ignore.

Accept to correlation or don't. We'll never truly know. I think it's there, and as such Gail Kim is the only option.

Huh? No "Maryse" option? Not only is she the sexiest, she now has easily the best in-ring heel psychology of the lot, has the best finisher, and that AWESOME kick to Beth at Survivor Series was pretty much the ONLY Divas' "ZOMG" moment in the entire fucking year.

The Beautiful People yet again, purely because every other female has been average.

Melina & Mickie have been on the sidelines all year, give or take. TNA don't know what to do with most of their women, including Kong, which is why they're in the same matches each week. Beth Peonix wouldn't have been teamed with comedy Santino if she'd been over.

Maryse is one for the future, but not this year.

Beth in a walk. She's the only one that has done anything at all. She dominated the WWE women's division all year, which isn't that great of an accomplishment, but she did none-the-less. She's entertained us with Santino for the past couple of months.. And, yeah. She won a slammy, too!

Beth easily wins, because her matches were of the best quality out of all of them, and she really dominated every single other Diva throughout the year.

Mickie James did come very close, because she held the Womens Title for a very long time, and did a good job as champion with weekely solid performances and kept her character fresh.

Kelly Kelly deserves a mention. She wouldn't win it, but, she deserves a mention because she has improved drastically through the year, and has leapfrogged Maria in terms of wrestling ability. Her matches have improved a lot, and she has a very bright future with the right training.

I have to say Roxxi Laveaux, because her inring style is unique her finisher the Voodoo Drop is pretty cool she was willing to have her head shaved by shears. Her gimmick was awesome as a gypsy voodoo women. Her managing was o.k., but Voodoo Kin Mafia would suck without her. Too bad TNA is pro-Kong, not that she doesn't deserve it, but I thik Roxxi's better.

Bottom line: Roxxi=Kong>entire women wrestlers

I am going to have to go with Awesome Kong...this woman is simply a beast, both literally and metaphorically. While I definitely understand the love for Beth Phoenix, I think being in WWE hurts her somewhat, as she isn't able to have the intense physical matches that she is most definitely capable of (this is in no way saying that she isn't attractive enough to be in WWE). Personally, I think TNA would be a better fit for her...and, although it was funny for a month or two, her pairing with Santino is starting to get really old (although I think they could continue to be golden if they were just allowed to be a bit more racier).

Gail Kim in the other. Beth and Kong are the only women that had great years. I chose Gail tho because of her impact on the TNA womens division and the way its been crumbling without her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back