Favorite old school moves?

Stone Cold Stunner, for obvious reason this isn't seen that much anymore. Lol I remember doing it to everyone in my grade 7 class way back in 97, without the kick of course, just walked up to em and grabber their head hahaha

I love the old chain wrestling moves that we don't get to see to often anymore. You know, the hammer lock into a head lock spin around waist take down back into a head lock bounce off the ropes leap frog leap frog and either a drop kick or a couple of arm drags. And definitely the fireman's carry.

Interesting thread...I'll add a few more

Canadian Backbreaker-I'd like to see Ryback use this as a submission finishing move.

Von Erich Claw-Just for the hell of it I'd like to see Big Show use this move every once in awhile.

Killer Kowalski Stomach Claw-I could see Cesaro using this move.

Back rake-Talk about heel moves..Eye rakes, eye pokes, back rakes, low blows behind the ref's back and forehead biting should all be brought back.

Slow Neckbreaker-Last WWE wrestler I saw use this move was JBL.

Flying Headscissors Takedown-Not Lucha-style, but Ricky Steamboat/Antonino Rocca style.

Headlock Takedown while running along the turnbuckles-Shawn Michaels and Ricky Steamboat used to do that move. I remember seeing Ricky Morton do it now and then as well.

There are a lot of great moves that we don't really see any more...

The old style enzuguiri, like the one used by Big Bossman and Owen Hart, where they would really connect with the head. I can see why it's now not used, but I always loved how a big man like Bossman could hit it and how sick it came across when Owen used it.

The Heart Punch was always a great move to me as well, basic but if sold right it really worked as a killer finisher.

I always loved the Perfect-Plex/Fisherman Suplex... granted much of why it worked was unique to Hennig, in that he had insane neck strength... but I think that would have been a perfect second finisher for someone like Neville - if they wanted to vary his attack.

Probably my favourite was only really gone by one guy, and I'm not sure it ever had a proper name... but it was Randy Savage's leap over the top/guillotine clothesline combo. It looked vicious when in reality was soft as a feather, but the athleticism showed in it was exemplary.

Everflow ddt, cobra clutch, texas cloverleaf, Edge used a move called Edgucator, a cool looking variation of a sharpshooter. Set up legs like sharpshooter, but step through face oponent head instead of away and yank legs over your knee in that lock towards his head.
Pearl River Plunge powerbomb(double underhook into a Dominator style position then push/lift opponent into a sitout powerbomb similar to bautista)
Power of the Punch (why does no one carry rolls of quarters in their trunks any more)
Military press slam/bomb/drop
Torture rack, True Walls of Jericho not the sissified boston crab version, Gangrel's impact ddt, Tazplex, so many great moves that have fallen out of use.

The belly to belly suplex: What the hell happened to this move? I would think at least Lesnar would break it out now and again.

Piledriver: great high impact, high drama move. Even if it was only used a few times a year, I'd find that acceptable.

Pump Handle Slam: Just thought it looked cool for a bigger guy. Loved when Test did it, hated when Road Dogg did it.

Road dogg's was technically a drop not a slam. Didn't raise opponent into the shoulder grasp position to then slam down, only lifted a bit and dropped forward.

Some do the belly to belly side slam, so I think you mean the overhead throw suplex?

I'll always love the ol sleeper hold. Verne Gagne mastered that move. Dick The Bruiser's Atomic Drop. Iron Sheik's Camel Clutch, Jim Brunzel's Dropkick. Ken Patera had a Bearhug he would do. Today these moves are considered just basic moves but back then when I was watching these guys in the 80s they were either finishers or signature moves.

Rusec's Accolade is just a camel clutch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back