Favorite genre to read

Discussion in 'The Media Hub' started by Hyorinmaru, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Hyorinmaru

Hyorinmaru Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
    E-Fed Mod

If you've read my novel review thread you may be able to guess mine but if you haven't then let me say it's fantasy. I use reading to get away from every day life and stories with magic and things similar is the best way I've found to do that.

Not to say it's all I read because I'll read anything but 9 times out of 10 it'll be a fantasy book.

Dagger Dias likes this.
  2. tdmoon

tdmoon Pre-Show Stalwart

I've always been a voracious reader, unfortunately it's not usually anything intellectual. Mostly thriller/bestseller-type stuff. I do read a lot of baseball books; though certainly not a fan of the team, I really enjoy most of the many books written about and by the 70's and 80's Yankee teams. True crime books have been another favorite genre of mine, ever since I read Helter Skelter about twenty years ago.

I'm currently finishing up a John Sandford novel with a book by Steve Martini and an autobiography by baseball player Aubrey Huff on deck.

Dagger Dias likes this.
  3. Papa Pillman

Papa Pillman I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan

If I actually take the time to sit and read a full book, I either read political or economic philosophy/theory. I really just don't have any time to devote to reading fiction.

Dagger Dias likes this.
  4. Jeff Deliverer of Mail

Jeff Deliverer of Mail Money for nothin, chicks for free
    E-Fed Mod

Anything by Dan Brown, Jeffery Deaver, King, Ludlam, Clancy, some Sci Fi here and there. Haven't read a book in a bit, have a James Bond book coming in the mail written by Jeffery Deaver, looking forward to reading that one.

Dagger Dias likes this.
  5. ShinChan

ShinChan Gone. For. Good.

I can read book of any genre if the author can make me feel it. I'm all about feels. So the genre doesn't matter as long as the author makes me feel and go through that genre.

Fiction is still my preference if I have to select a single genre.

Dagger Dias likes this.