Favorite bands that no one else has heard of

A favorite of mine is a East Coast Canadian band by the name of "The Trews". I think they make pretty decent music and their pretty good live. My favorite song is called "Not ready to go".

I can't believe people have listed Skindred, Opeth, Machine Head, Brand New, At The Drive In and bands like that as 'bands no one's heard of' Pah-leez! I bet the guy who posts after me says "Hey anyone ever heard of Pantera?" Go back under your respective rocks on Mars and re-insert your fingers in your ears and sew your eyes shut again.

My examples are: Stabbing Westward
Genre: Metal (i think)
Check out: "The Thing I Hate" from Darkest Days. They used it on the soundtrack to one of the Duke Nukem games (remember him?)
Why I like it: I've always used this album as a pick me up when i'm blue, it's depressing as hell but it should make anyone who's moping about their lives realise that there are people in the world who have it a lot worse off then they do, and appreciate what they have a lot more. Perfect album for when you've just had been dumped by someone you really cared for.

Nothingface
Genre: Metal
Check Out: 'Murder Is *********ion' from Skeletons
Just heard this on a random cd with an issue of Metal Hammer. Bought the album, and really liked it.

Austrian Death Machine
Genre: Metalcore (i think)
Check Out: "Get To The Choppa" from Total Brutal
The whole album is based on Arnie movies. It's just funny as hell, even if it is Metalcore. You can see the video on their myspace or on youtube i think.

Band: Aqueduct
Genre: Pop/Rock
Favorite Song: Keep it Together
You should listen to: "Keep it Together", "Split the Difference"

"Hardcore Days And Softcore Nights" is a relatively well known song by them (Almost 40k hits on Youtube, but I'm not sure many people would have heard of them). Their music sounds pretty unique in some tracks. I'm not a huge music fan, but this is certainly one of my favorite bands.

En Vino Veritas. They are local rock/metal band from Grand Rapids, Michigan. I know you haven't heard of them...Although, in the interests of full disclosure, I should point out that my brother plays bass for them...

I would have to say New York Dolls. They were the band that originally inspired The Ramones. They had a breakup in the 70s and then reformed again in 2004, minus one original member. One of their best songs you can find on youtube. It's called "Dance Like A Monkey". Not sure who knows about em, but I haven't heard anyone else mention them before so I'm assuming they'd be new to many.

There used to be a band about essex called "Belmont" they were very good - (think Reel Big Fish)

There is also another band around our way called "The Happy Goth-Emo's"
Happy goth rock.... I kid you not. The great thing about this band is you go expecting the songs to be satirical and comical but they are not - its really original

There was a band around late 80's/early 90's called house of love - they were alright

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back