Fastlane LD - Sprinting towards Wrestlemania 32!

The plucky young upstart Big Show needed a win to karmically balance getting thrown out with ease in the royal rumble, duh. Besides, that old veteran Strowman wins too much and didn't need the rub of throwing him out anyway since he'll be taken 100% seriously at Wrestlemania regardless.

I've honestly had e-fucking-nuff of this being the prevailing common sense.

Lord only knows what could have been accomplished over the last ten years if WWE didn't feel the need to force the issue on Cena.

He drew plenty of money. Yeah. But this tedium has become exhausting. The spotlight a performer is allotted matters. I'm sick of pretending Cena is head and shoulders above his peers on merit alone.

Cornette face.

^ This forum in a nutshell. I've been shouted down several times over the years trying to make that point.

Ryback's the worst. Thank god he's never getting past a certain point.

Wyatt's continue to suffer under horrible booking yet Luke Harper is the only one I care about.

That was a bad drop, I honestly thought Ryback destroyed Harper's shoulder when he did the Shell Shock. I like Ryback but god damn that guy has a bad track record for doing shit like this.

Finished watching Fast Lane a while ago... I really hope that Ten Sports and WWE haven't abandoned their deal (of airing free live PPVs) for good. I don't want to wait 12 hours extra for Wrestlemania, staying off Facebook, WhatsApp and WZ Forums throughout the day. :(

Back to Fast Lane, I enjoyed the main event. Very predictable ending and interruption of celebration by Triple-H, but the match was action-packed from start to finish, without spamming kickouts from finishing moves. Those two Shield powerbombs were awesome! I thought they would go for the third, only for Brock to send one of them through it instead, but the burial part was cool too. When was the last time we saw two face main eventers teaming up against a third, yet getting dominated for the most part? ;)

Opening match was nice. It seemed that Sasha and Becky dumbed themselves down a bit for Team Boring.Atrocious.Depressing, but I didn't mind it overall. I liked the double baseball slide and double flying forearm, and finally the double tap out... I hope they do a few more double team or combination moves if/when they team up again.

Typical Keven Owens match for the Intercontinental Championship, in my opinion. Not bad, not great, good.

Didn't watch the match between The Wyatt Family and the big guys. Judging by the comments above, I think I made the right choice.

AJ Styles vs Chris Jericho- Match of the night. That's all that needs to be said.

Charlotte vs Brie Bella was great. Even my mom, who generally dislikes wrestling and divas matches specially (because of the short clothing and hair-pulling), enjoyed this match and Charlotte's submission holds. One of the best matches of Brie's career. Btw, I'm glad that the WWE didn't try to gain something more out of Bryan's retirement speech and award the sympathy victory to Brie.

Highlights of the United States title match seemed cool. (I really need to look up a few synonyms of "cool," I use the word a lot!) I enjoy fast-paced, back-and-forth matches and would have preferred to have this match on the card instead of the 6-man tag.

The Cutting Edge and Peep Show was cool too funny at some points, and not-so-funny during others... But it was nice to see Edge and Christian in the ring again, and to hear Metallingus one more time. I thought they would bring out the Social Outcasts instead of League of Nations, and they could go directly from this segment to the next match, as well as insult those losers better than the former IC/US/World Champions, but oh well...

Curtis Axel vs R-Truth was okay, but I don't think that deserved to be on the PPV. But they had to do something with the weird Truth&Goldust angle, and I wonder where things go from here- do they become a tag team or do they become enemies?

Overall, I didn't mind the show. Maybe because I didn't pay attention to the parts that I felt I won't enjoy anyway. But there have been many worse PPVs in recent times and I don't regret the 12 hours of waiting for this show. Next stop: Wrestlemania!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back