Fallout: New Vegas out in 20 days!!

Chicago1989

Ain't it sleep first then eat?
It's been about 2 years since Fallout 3 came out, and from there, I played the hell out of it for hours and wanted more. Then in mid-2009, Bethesda announced that not only the next installment to the Fallout franchise will be coming out in 2010, but that they won't be developing it. Development started in early 2009 by a development company named Obsidian Entertainment. For those who don't know already, Obsidian is a company that was put together by some of the original developers of the original Fallout games.

After waiting for almost a whole year and a half, Fallout: New Vegas has finished development. Here's what already has been confirmed so far:

• The same engine used in Fallout 3 will be used for Fallout: New Vegas
  • Elements from earlier Fallout games will be incorporated into Fallout: New Vegas
  • New features such as companion perks & missions, the companion wheel, weapon modding, and Hardcore Mode will debut
  • The map for New Vegas is as big as the Capital Wasteland in Fallout 3
  • More emphasis on first-person shooting; Third-person camera has been revamped
  • The reputation system from earlier Fallout games returns
  • Enemies from Fallout 3 and earlier Fallout games return in Fallout: New Vegas
  • DLC expansions have been confirmed
  • Fallout: New Vegas will have a "definitive ending" like in Fallout 3
  • More emphasis on factions and decision making
  • You gain perks every 2 levels
  • You can play mini-games such as Blackjack, Poker, and Caravan
  • You can create your own types of ammo and healing medicines such as custom Stimpacs.
  • There is twice as more weapons in Fallout: New Vegas than in Fallout 3
  • There are more missions in Fallout: New Vegas than in Fallout 3
  • There are "mini-missions" that would branch off of main missions

At this point, what are your opinions on Fallout: New Vegas right now? Are you getting the game with any pre-order packs?

I gave up half way through Fallout 3, so i won't be forking out the money for the next one to be honest.

In all fairness, the gameplay is very good and engaging. I could easily see why Fallout 3 won GOTY, but unfortunately, i was playing F3, put it down for a month or two, fired it up again and had completely forgotten where i was or why i was there, and couldn't be fucked to start again, and just haven't bothered putting the disc back in my PS3 since, i'm afraid.

So, i'd say to everyone, if you're not a hardcore Fallout fan, don't buy this thinking you'll be able to put it down and come back again several months later.

I gave up half way through Fallout 3, so i won't be forking out the money for the next one to be honest.

In all fairness, the gameplay is very good and engaging. I could easily see why Fallout 3 won GOTY, but unfortunately, i was playing F3, put it down for a month or two, fired it up again and had completely forgotten where i was or why i was there, and couldn't be fucked to start again, and just haven't bothered putting the disc back in my PS3 since, i'm afraid.

So, i'd say to everyone, if you're not a hardcore Fallout fan, don't buy this thinking you'll be able to put it down and come back again several months later.

Well that's what games like Oblivion and Fallout are for: Time consumption from a hardcore gamer. I understand that we all have lives and stuff, but games like this are built for hardcore gamers. This ain't some quick runthrough game that would cost $60 just to only give you about 4 hours of gameplay to fully complete a game (Ex. Kane & Lynch 2).

That's the main reason why i bought it in the first place, because i'm sick of games that can be completed in like 5 days. I've just bought Dead Rising 2 and i'm having to hold back on how much i play it just to make it last longer.

But unfortunately, i think something else came out while i was playing Fallout 3, so i stopped to play that through and never went back to Fallout. A month or so ago i did fire it up again, and was stuck in the middle of nowhere with nothing on me, and was being hounded by freakin' mercs every two seconds so i gave up.

Maybe one day i'll start from scratch, but it won't be in the near future, that's for certain. DCU Online is coming out soon as it is.....

I am really excited about this game but I also feel that it has snuck up on me slightly amidst the numerous releases that are coming out around now.

Truth be told, I had not heard a lot of promotion for this game in the last couple of months and it actually took me by surprise when I was told that it was being released this month. To me, it has a load of potential and if they give us anything like the last game had to offer, then it will be another job well done.

However, I am hesitant to buy it. The problem I see with the game is that it will be remarkably similar to the last game and Fallout 3 was pretty boring at points. That being said, it was still damn entertaining. However, when you look at some of the other games that will be coming out soon, I don’t think this game really compares. For me, I will likely get this game at Christmas and save my money for the new Assassin’s Creed offering, Medal Of Honour and Call Of Duty.

The problem with Fallout is that it is very much the same formula that is used in each game and I just think that I will have more fun playing some of the other games I have listed. It is a shame that it wasn’t released in the summer. For me, Fallout would have taken advantage of the lull in video games releases. Of course, then you run the risk of losing out to the summer as people spend more of their time away from consoles. I still think it would have made sense for them to beat the bigger titles of the autumn.

My wife was the first one in our town to get a copy of it, midnight release at gamestop! It's a pretty fun game and probably the best in the series so far because it took what worked in the previous games and made it better with this entry. The engine is the same as Fallout 3 which is a great thing, plus many of the developers had worked on Fallout and Fallout 2. It came out on my two month anniversary AND it takes place in Vegas, which was where I got married, so that was an ironic yet cool thing for me. ;) Anyways, I can't wait to see what else the game has in store for us all.

Hardcore mode is gonna be a challenge I look forward to as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back