European Region, Paris Subregion, First Round: (3) Bull Nakano vs (14) Daffney Unger

Who wins this match up?

• Bull Nakano

• Daffney Unger

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernkastel

Reaper of Miracles
This is a first round match in the European region. It is standard wrestling match. It will be held at the Bercy Arena in Paris, France.

viewmultimediadocument

NfGFy1F.jpg

#3 Bull Nakano

VS.

daffney-20100114003231118.jpg

#14 Daffney Unger

There will be 1 day of discussion before the poll opens. It will remain open for 2 days. Spam rules will apply. In case of a tie the winner will be decided based upon how many people have made a case for them in the discussion thread. One per each poster.

Who wins the match up?

I'm voting Daffney because I love her and she was criminally underrated in TNA.

Someone actually mentioned somewhere how you can see similarities between Paige/AJ and Daffney. Now if the two best divas in WWE took influence from Daffney I think that says something.

I'm voting Daffney because I love her and she was criminally underrated in TNA.

Someone actually mentioned somewhere how you can see similarities between Paige/AJ and Daffney. Now if the two best divas in WWE took influence from Daffney I think that says something.

Yup, completely agree! (and she's a fellow LFC supporter *swoon*)

I know there will (rightfully) be much waxing lyrical about Bull's achievements but I've always felt that the WWF letting Daffney slip through their fingers during the WCW purchase was just wrong. Don't get me wrong, at the time, Torrie Wilson and Stacey Kieber were extremely beautiful but were Daff mightn't have had the blonde hair - she beat both hands down in both character and in-ring skills. She shone in TNA when the KOs were the talk with great wrestling and DIVERSE characters.

And this is where the headbutting begins because I disagree with you both. There's a reason why Bull is seeded so much higher than the rest of her Japanese counterparts, and that's because she was likely the most successful international women's wrestler ever. Of any promotion or country.

She was a big name in the States, and won the WWE women's championship. She traveled to Mexico, became a big name there, and won the CMLL women's championship. She was also a huge drawing name in her native Japan having won both the AJW and WWWA championships. She's very likely the only woman in history to have accomplished the extraordinary feat of winning all 4 of those titles.

In drawing power Nakano has Daffney beat.
In accolades Nakano has Daffney beat.
In longevity Nakano has Daffney beat.
In in ring ability Nakano has Daffney beat.
In influence and legacy Nakano has Daffney beat.

So this match has to go to Bull Nakano.

And this is where the headbutting begins because I disagree with you both. There's a reason why Bull is seeded so much higher than the rest of her Japanese counterparts, and that's because she was likely the most successful international women's wrestler ever. Of any promotion or country.

She was a big name in the States, and won the WWE women's championship. She traveled to Mexico, became a big name there, and won the CMLL women's championship. She was also a huge drawing name in her native Japan having won both the AJW and WWWA championships. She's very likely the only woman in history to have accomplished the extraordinary feat of winning all 4 of those titles.

But where are you disagreeing?

We haven't argued any of those points (well possibly influence and legacy in the AJ / Paige likenesses in character). We've simply stated personal preference and disappointment in the opportunities we'd have liked to have seen her given.

But where are you disagreeing?

We haven't argued any of those points (well possibly influence and legacy in the AJ / Paige likenesses in character). We've simply stated personal preference and disappointment in the opportunities we'd have liked to have seen her given.

Maybe "disagreeing" isn't the right word. Maybe "I share different viewpoints..." there we go.

Seriously though, I do like Daffney, and I can understand the attraction. She's a solid worker and an even better manager. But then again she's always been a pretty relevant name in wrestling despite not being all that decorated. She had a good career in WCW, was a solid worker in TNA, and even managed to make the likes of MsChif look even better than before.

Despite that Nakano was still better and should win... tis all I'm sayin'

Maybe "disagreeing" isn't the right word. Maybe "I share different viewpoints..." there we go.

Seriously though, I do like Daffney, and I can understand the attraction. She's a solid worker and an even better manager. But then again she's always been a pretty relevant name in wrestling despite not being all that decorated. She had a good career in WCW, was a solid worker in TNA, and even managed to make the likes of MsChif look even better than before.

Despite that Nakano was still better and should win... tis all I'm sayin'

I remember Bull in the WWF and WCW, I even caught some of her matches in Japan and she was a great talent. However on her all round game - look, personality, diversity and ability; the Scream Queen connected better with me.

Look I love Daffney too. I was a fan from the first day she showed up with David Flair. But lets be fair and balanced here- This is a no contest.

Nakano is the first CMLL women's world champ. She ended Alundra Blayze's first WWF women's title reign(which had lasted 342 days). She's a decorated and revered legend in her native Japan, and is one of the(and outside of Manami Toyota probably THE) greatest Joshi's of all time.

As dangerous with Nunchuks as she is a golf club, Nakano, the WON Hall Of Famer, takes this easily.

I bet this would be a pretty good match if it ever happened. I got a feeling Bull will slaughter Daffney in the voting and I agree she should win, but I always liked Daffney so I'll probably throw her a vote to make it less of a slaughter.

This pretty much sums up how this match should go. Daffney is extremely talented and deserved much better than she got in TNA, and I think WWE definitely missed out by not signing her with the other WCW talents they brought in. While she may not have had the looks of a Stacy Keibler or Torrie Wilson, she would have been able to have much better matches with the likes of Trish, Victoria and Lita and been a major player in the Womens Division in WWE.

However, you simply cannot look past the accolades of Bull Nakano. She needs to go through here because it's the correct vote.

Let us look at the tale of the tape: The accomplishments of Bull Nakano include the WWWA strap, the AJW Strap, the CMLL Women's strap, the WWF Women's strap. Hall of Famer. Mentored by the great Dump Matsumoto and trained by Jaguar Yokota herself. Considered one of the greatest ring generals in history. A deity in Japan.

Daffney's accomplishments:

Case clsoed. The Bull gores the freak.

Fuck the Asian lady with the scary hair. True, Nakano does have the resume & I loved seeing her smash Alundra Blayze back in the day, but I am allowing myself to be completely biased in this vote because Daffney is one of my favorite women wrestlers of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back