European Region, Berlin Subregion, First Round: (4) Natalya vs (13) Rockin' Robin

Who wins this match up?

• Natalya

• Rockin' Robin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernkastel

Reaper of Miracles
This is a first round match in the European region. It is standard wrestling match. It will be held at the 02 World Arena in Berlin, Germany.

02world_popup.jpg

Natalya-wwe-divas-championship-20211735-260-389.jpg

#4 Nattie Neidhart

VS.

zx1i_Robin_1_L.jpg

#13 Rockin' Robin

There will be 1 day of discussion before the poll opens. It will remain open for 2 days. Spam rules will apply. In case of a tie the winner will be decided based upon how many people have made a case for them in the discussion thread. One per each poster.

Who wins the match up?

I'm torn on this one. And not because both were so great. I'm trying to pick the lesser of two evils. You'd think being the sister of Jake Roberts and the niece of Bret Hart would make both of these two some of the greatest of all time but... that wasn't the case. Both were pretty average.

The women's division in the WWE died after Robin and her reign was lackluster even if it was long. And it didn't become big again until Alundra Blayze became the champ and WWE began to import big names from Japan to compete with her. Nattie on the other hand has always been stale. Despite being both women's and Divas champion I don't think she had a reign that was ever memorable aside from her feud with Laycool... and it certainly wasn't due to her efforts.

Meh... flipped a coin and went with Nattie.

I had the pleasure of seeing both. Nattie is OK. Not great, but OK. My question is will people vote for her for Nattie? Or, because she is the Anvil's daughter? Most people do not remember Robin is Grizzly Smith's daughter, and Jake the Snake's half-sister. The difference with Robin was that was by her request, as she wanted success on her own terms.

That said, Robin's run with the WWF Women's strap might have been a bit weak. But she did defeat Sherri Martel for the belt. Furthermore, quality women were few and far between in the WWF at the time. When she left, the Women's division closed its doors.

Nattie has 2 Stampede titles and the Divas strap to her credit. However, the Divas pale in comparison to Robin's run. And, Stampede was in its second, and far weaker, incarnation.

In this match, Robin should win this. Nattie is simply not going to add much more to her resume at this point.

Nattie, Nattie, Nattie.

She's a modern day Madusa. All the talent in the world and smoking, stinkin' hot. If it weren't for the stupidity of Total Divas, she'd be carrying that WWE Diva's title for years and years and wouldn't ever be defeated.

Rockin' Robin was great, but played second string to Wendi Richter from what I recall.

Vote Nattie.

cjz7hao4ypuouyop.jpg

I think Nattie is terrific and have been disappointed all along that she hasn't been given a featured role in a wrestling sense.....giving her major air time on the silly diva show isn't what I was hoping for. When she was teaming with Beth Phoenix, I thought the two of them would rule the diva division....the timing seemed perfect, but it never happened. Still, unlike Gail Kim and others who left the company because they weren't being allowed to accomplish things as wrestlers, Nattie has stayed, apparently loyal to the core.

I remember Rockin' Robin. She's Jake Roberts sister, right? She wasn't a bad in-ring performer and I saw her win the Women's Championship from Sensational Sherri.

Still, in head-to-head action, it's gotta be Natalya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back