Who wins this match up?

• Gail Kim

• Paige

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernkastel

Reaper of Miracles
This is a third round match in the European region. It is Steel Cage match. It will be held at the 02 World Arena in Berlin, Germany.

02world_popup.jpg

Gail_1423544a.jpg

#1 Gail Kim

VS.

Paige-WWE.png

#5 Paige

This is a Steel Cage match. The winner must escape the cage.

There will be 1 day of discussion before the poll opens. It will remain open for 2 days. Spam rules will apply. In case of a tie the winner will be decided based upon how many people have made a case for them in the discussion thread. One per each poster.

Who wins the match up?

Brought to you by the word- FIRST...

First Fun Fact: Both women won the title in their first WWE main roster television match.

Fun Fact #2: Paige is the first NXT women's champ, while Gail is TNA's first Knockout's champion.

The fact is that when first Tara and then Mickie bowed out, no question remained that Gail was first in the pecking order of best women's wrestlers competing on National TV. Kong's TNA return at the first Impact on Destination America is the only thing that has been able to call that first place status into question. Paige first, and then Charlotte may be the eventual heiresses to that first place throne, but they still have a lot of work to do first if they want to get to where Gail is.

That's no offense to Paige, but even as young as she started (having her first match during her first year as a teenager), 22 years old is way too young to have achieved the legendary status that should be credited to Kim.

In this battle- Vote Gail first.

I wanted to add on that Gail has also competed multiple times inside of a Steel Cage and her last such match was her first and only loss in the structure. She owns victories in Steel Cage matches against the likes of Velvet Sky, Cheerleader Melissa, Awesome Kong, and Jacqueline Moore, who she defeated in her first ever cage match.

Paige has yet to compete in her first cage match since first entering the US wrestling scene.

So there's that much more reason to vote for Gail to exit the cage first. ;)

NXT has provided us with the best female wrestling in the WWe in a generation and Paige was one of it's first forerunners AND she has at least provided us with something different from the bland Divas we've become accustomed to in recent years. That being said, with joining 'Total Divas' and now being embroidered in a feud with the heat sapping Bellas she is in danger of assimilation into the mediocrity.

Like or loath TNA, Gail Kim has been one of it's constants - when the KO's launched and gathered plaudits, Gail was the face. Even in the lows, you could still depend on Gail to make the best of a bad deal. Taryn Terrell's improvement? Look no further than Gail. Detractors may point to her WWe runs as a negative but when you look at what their women's division has become and contrast that with her work in TNA, I think it's fair to say that she was misused 'up north'.

Paige has potential but Gail has already realized hers. Vote Gail Kim.

This is where Paige's run comes to an end. Gail has been in multiple cage matches and has won some. Paige has yet to enter the cage as far as I know. Add in that with the fact her legacy does not yet compare to Gail's and this one is going to the vet.

In years to come this one could be a very difficult pick, but with Paige being so young and still pretty much an unknown force on the major stage, Gail Kim is the correct vote here.

Gail is one of the very best in the business today and has been for about 10 years, achieving huge success in TNA and being a former WWE Women's Champion. She's had experience in several cage matches, unlike Paige who has yet to participate in one, giving Gail even more of an advantage. Kim's experience will be key in this, and she'll find a way to keep Paige down to escape the cage.

Winner: Gail Kim

I feel bad for Paige, but Gail Kim is the correct choice here. Paige has a long career ahead of her. However, Kim has a legacy which is almost bullet proof.

I heard from Magnus that Paige comes from wrestling royalty in the UK, and from the IWC that she does have mad skills. But has she ever competed in a cage before? This is a legit question because I really don't know. Like Papa Pillman said Gail had competed in the cage multiple times against some of the best. Even if this were a standard match, if go with Gail here. Paige has a bright future, but it's hard to vote against the veteran and experience.

Love a gal who can master technical wrestling......but dislike Gail Kim for deserting WWE in what I considered an unprofessional manner.

Love Paige for her personality.....and enjoy her ring repertoire, but she doesn't seem athletic enough to be competing at the level WWE has her.

I've been grading these matches on premise of what would happen if they really fought it out.....without scripting. Given that, I reluctantly pick Gail Kim.

Love a gal who can master technical wrestling......but dislike Gail Kim for deserting WWE in what I considered an unprofessional manner.

"Unprofessional"? Released from her first tenure unexpectedly because they were 'going in a different direction', re-signed after she got people talking about women's wrestling again with the KOs, misused in a stagnant division and told to job herself in a Battle Royal. Personally, I think Gail was the one treated 'unprofessionally' and (rightly) decided enough was enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back