• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Eric Young/Orlando storyline?

WWTNA

Occasional Pre-Show
I watched Impact last night and saw the Gen Me vs Eric Young & Orlando Jordon match. It looked like Orlando Jordon had a thing for EY but was getting angry that he was paying more attention to the Hooters girls. I guess this is part of a storyline set for EY & OJ.

What do you think? Do they have a storyline going on with each other? How do you see this storyline panning out if there is a storyline?

Discuss here:

I don't really think EY flirting with the Hooters Girls will end up in a storyline, I think it was just some cheap publicity for Hooters.

As for them feuding with each other, I don't know. Their not really doing anything at the moment, last night was the first time I saw them compete in a while. So I could see them being thrown into a storyline just to give them something to do. But let's be honest how far do we expect either man to go? They aren't and probably won't ever be over enough to warrant spotlight over many of the other competitors and tag teams. Both men have creative gimmicks and are unique and mildly entertaining at times but they never get a real response from the crowd, other than people being grossed out by OJ.

The only thing I saw last night that I feel they can build some kind of storyline out of is EY finding the old TNA World Title. I believe Taz and Tenay already said he thinks it makes him World Champ so I could see them stretching that out until Jeff loses the official TNA World Title and they need it back. He could defend it every week acting as if it is a real World Title and OJ will be his backup until maybe he wants the belt for himself for some reason, possibly setting up a feud between them. But after Jeff eventually loses the title, that storyline will be shot to shit if it lasts that long.

I don't really think EY flirting with the Hooters Girls will end up in a storyline, I think it was just some cheap publicity for Hooters.

As for them feuding with each other, I don't know. Their not really doing anything at the moment, last night was the first time I saw them compete in a while. So I could see them being thrown into a storyline just to give them something to do. But let's be honest how far do we expect either man to go? They aren't and probably won't ever be over enough to warrant spotlight over many of the other competitors and tag teams. Both men have creative gimmicks and are unique and mildly entertaining at times but they never get a real response from the crowd, other than people being grossed out by OJ.

The only thing I saw last night that I feel they can build some kind of storyline out of is EY finding the old TNA World Title. I believe Taz and Tenay already said he thinks it makes him World Champ so I could see them stretching that out until Jeff loses the official TNA World Title and they need it back. He could defend it every week acting as if it is a real World Title and OJ will be his backup until maybe he wants the belt for himself for some reason, possibly setting up a feud between them. But after Jeff eventually loses the title, that storyline will be shot to shit if it lasts that long.

I wasn't talking about the Hooters girls being apart of the storyline. I meant how OJ having a thing for EY part of the storyline. It was quite weird and interesting that OJ asked why he found the Hooters girls attractive and EY said I believe because of there hot orange shorts and OJ ended up wearing the Hooters gear. It may have been nothing I guess.

As for EY having the TNA World Title as a fued to OJ, it could sound like a good idea if TNA doesn't need it and are looking to make a new TNA World title in which they should.

I think if they do it properly (meaning, they probably won't...) that these two could be the TNA Santino and Kozlov act or, at least, Booker and Goldust. I actually think that it's not bad for what it is. I do see OJ as kind of maybe not interested in EY but almost like he was giving EY a subtle hint to see if he's realized yet that OJ "swings both ways". I mean, if I remember correctly, they played up the fact earlier on that OJ was trying to explain it to EY and EY was just clueless as all hell to what he was actually saying. Or maybe he's mildly curious towards EY and he's testing the waters to find out what he thinks about it if he finally ever realizes what he's talking about. Kind of like wanting to "play" a bit. Or maybe he's even like the best friend w/a secret crush like in those sappy teen movies (or Not Another Teen Movie...) But I think they work pretty good for a comedy duo, OJ being the "Kozlov" to EY's "Santino", and hope they actually write decent stuff for the two. (However, with Russo writing, it'll be more along the lines of pointless, corny, shallow humor and end up tanking...) But so far, both guys have been playing the parts well and making them work.

I'll admit it, this sort of a story has some potential, but if TNA follows through with it, they can't do it half way. If its to have any chance of success, they gotta go all the way with this. Orlando's interested in EY? Then he'd better be pretty darn up front and personal with it. Have him meet EY backstage with a little flattery and try and put the moves on him. Orlando seems to be the type to think himself irresistible and you know how such men act around women. Just make the application between Orlando and EY. Then, allow it to turn into an uncomfortable situation (as uncomfortable as possible for EY) and then have it turn into a feud.

There are plenty of possibilities for sick and wrong things to happen in the ring, certain locks and positions that could be taken the wrong way, and as Orlando's interest becomes known among the others in the locker room, surely there will be some ribbing, both good-natured and otherwise, of EY, suggesting that he might be welcoming the attention.

This could turn into a very problematic scene and might actually go a bit too far for Spike TV...but it's not a bad thought if TNA wanted to grab some attention through controversy and we all know that Easy E is into that.

This could turn into a very problematic scene and might actually go a bit too far for Spike TV...but it's not a bad thought if TNA wanted to grab some attention through controversy and we all know that Easy E is into that.
Cum on. The man drenched his face in what was symbolically... well... Cum. If Spike said nothing after that disturbing piece of work, would they pull a love story off the air? This is a liberal age. Little by little people are giving less concern to the fact that there are men/men relationships portrayed on TV.

As for the angle itself, Orlando Jordan has been stabbed in the back by EY in every single match they have together. It's just a matter of comedy that has now mixed with promoting something else in Hooter's and their Christmas Special. However if it does lead to a breakup (of the tag team) it can be a very good platform to make EY a serious competitor again.

I would like to interject and say I wouldn't want this pairing to be split apart any time soon. Give it some real attention, find some lighthearted stories and humor that is well written and well put together. Let's face it, Young is great at the comedy bit, and OJ is a nice counter-piece to EY. Let it go for a while with good, interesting, and funny bits/skits similar to Santino/Kozlov. TNA could really use that to break up some monotony and get people in a good mood around the halfway point when things seem to start taking a downward turn every week, even if the beginning of the show is solid. It starts dipping in the 2nd hour and sometimes comes back up a bit at ME time, but this would be great for TNA and they have the perfect guys in the roles. If you wanted, you could sparingly throw Shark Boy in for a little extra every now and then.

I'll admit, this pairing has grown on me. Some people might think it's a bit low-brow but for me it's a little bit of levity. The key to this is Young who has great timing for the comedy. Don't get me wrong, it's a low-card act and probably won't amount to much but it's fun for what it is as long as it doesn't end up with homophobic overtones.

They aren't and probably won't ever be over enough to warrant spotlight over many of the other competitors and tag teams. Both men have creative gimmicks and are unique and mildly entertaining at times but they never get a real response from the crowd, other than people being grossed out by OJ.

I'm actually going to have to disagree with this statement... I think it is obvious everytime that EY enters the Impact Zone, that he is extremely over. The crowd seems to appreciate his spot in these bits and rarely misses an opportunity to chant his name(yes, I know they chant everything, but not typically the names of mid-carders). I would go as far as to say he is far more over than the vast majority of the mid-carders on the roster.

I actually like the potential of this "championship belt" bit, and I hope they continue to run with it.

As for Orlando, this storyline is the first thing that has given his gimmick purpose, and I believe it has been more-or-less well done to this juncture. Let's just hope that Russo has a logical next step for their "team" that doesn't get too wierd or offensive.

The Orlando Jordan\Eric Young "storyline" has been going on for a bit. I remember them going to amusement parks together, getting "tattoos" and having matches with Ink Inc. even before Bound For Glory. It's been more vignettes than anything really ongoing until now. The way it's gone is about the same: Eric Young has been a nut and Jordan has been "encouraging" them to get close while getting screwed over countless times. I don't see them as being Santino and Kozlov because that's a whole different dynamic (big serious guy and small comedy guy). Booker T and Goldust comes a lot closer with the roles they play and their styles.

I'm not a fan of the storyline going with the old TNA World Heavyweight Title, especially when the new belt is a custom belt. I think it devalues the titles overall, but the storyline itself could work as long as they explain Jordan a little more, or at least give him motivation to stick around despite getting clotheslines and Manhattan drops constantly. Jordan is also going in that weird "face by association" route, which eventually will end up with Jordan turning on Young.

Will Young ever be a serious competitor again? Probably not at this juncture. Especially when he doesn't have any leverage to go elsewhere and TNA has no motivation to move him up in the pecking order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back