• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Edge: Who plays the foil?

Who will end Edge's 10th World Title Reign?

• Kane

• Alberto Del Rio

• Rey Mysterio

• The Undertaker

• Dolph Ziggler

• Jack Swagger

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

LSN80

King Of The Ring
Ive decided to resurrect my foil series, as we've seen several new champions crowned since I did the last one. Ive decided to start with the newest champion, the Rated R Superstar, Edge.

This past Sunday at TLC, Edge defeated Kane, Alberto Del Rio, and Rey Mysterio in the first ever Fatal Four Way TLC match to win his 10th World Championship. Edge speared Kane off the ring apron into a table before climbing a ladder to claim the championship. This puts him in elite company indeed, as Triple H is the only other wrestler to reach double digits in World Championship reigns within the WWE.

For his first 9 title reigns, Edge has been booked strictly as a heel, making this Edge's first face run with the title. Edge holds the title as we head towards the Royal Rumble, which really kicks the Road to Wrestlemania into overdrive. The purpose of this thread is to determine the who, when, and how Edge will drop the championship, as has been done in the past. Kane will get his obligatory rematch, but I expect Edge will retain and move on from there to fresh challengers. Some of you may disagree, and this thread will allow you to hash it out. Have at it.

1. Who will be end the 10th championship reign of Edge?

2. When will it happen?

3. How would you book it/do you see it being booked?

The man who will end Edge 10th World Heavyweight Championship reign will be Alberto Del Rio. Last Tuesday on Smackdown, Matt Striker, Josh Matthews and Michael Cole were doing their usual bickering and mentioned how great of a World Champion Del Rio would be. I believe this was a hint of what's to come. Alberto Del Rio is possibly the top heel on Smackdown and maybe even the WWE. As soon as he debuted, he was over. A rich cocky Mexican who can handle himself in the ring. In my honest opinion, he is the perfect candidate to take away Edge's World Heavyweight Championship...next to Christian.

2. When will it happen?

This ones a tuffy. Anywhere from Eliminatioin Chamber to Wrestlemania to Extreme Rules. I know what your all thinking. He not ready for Wrestlemania, well I beg to differ. What more does he have to do? He's not green, he's not sloppy, he can work good on the mic, is over, and is one hell of an athelete. He'd be perfect opponent to face Edge at Wrestlemania. There aren't really any good heeels on Smackdown. And no mid carders will step up, it will be him. Unless Edge turns heel mid championship reign which is unlikly. I could also see Del Rio beating Edge at Elimination Chamber and facing Mysterio but that's for another thread.

Well first, i'd have Alberto start attacking Edge just randomly--making Edge seem really weak. Maybe go so far as to injure Edge with some kind of Kayfabe arm injury and take him out of action for about two or three weeks. Then we have Wrestlemania, Alberto starts working on said body part. It's not too much of a storyline but it would damn sure work. Alberto Del Rio would deffinatly be my number one pick for Edge's Heavyweight Championship foil. But, like most people on here, I would love to see Chrisian come back and challenge him at 'Mania in a TLC maybe. I'd love for that to happen, but it likely won't. Which sucks.

Oh man, this one's easy. Alberto Del Rio, no doubt about it. Albero Del Rio has been on fire since he began his career in the WWE and it doesn't look like it's stopping anytime soon. Del Rio has been hinted at being champion for a good number of times and I wouldn't be surprised if he's the person to take away the belt from Edge. Del Rio is the perfect heel. His persona of the rich, cocky, mexican elite is absolutely perfect for him. He's got the crowd boo-ing him left and right; his looks fit it well; and best of all, that toothy grin is what makes you believe the gimmick Del Rio partakes is perfect. Del Rio is solid in both the ring and on the mic--basically, he'd make the perfect champion. And I'm positive he will be the one to take the world title away from Edge.

2. When will it happen?

Not sure. I think it's still a bit early to tell for sure considering there's no telling to how long they plan on letting Edge hold the belt. Chances are though, that Edge won't have a long run with the title so my guess would be sometime around Wrestlemania. Hamler said that he thinks Del-Rio is ready to headline Wreslemania; and I agree. Del-Rio seems like he has what it takes to be in the main event in Wrestlemania and I turst him delivering a great performance. The only problem would be if he's enough of a draw for a show like Wrestlemania. He's over, sure--But not the likes of Cena or any of those other guys over. But I digress, I'm not entirely sold on believing that he will be at Wrestlemania feuding over the title; still, it's something I would really want.

Hmm, that's a tough one. I don't know. Perhaps have him win the Royal Rumble. At first, I was forshadowing Morrison win the RR this year and hed to Wrestlemaina and face the Miz there; but since Morrison already has his title oppurtunity, I sincerely doubt that he will even be in this year's Royal Rumble match. So what does that leave? Del Rio--the perfect candidate to win the Rumble. The more I think of Del-Rio being winner, the more I want to see it happen. There really isn't any other person on the current roster that I would like to win at this year's Rumble this year other than Del-Rio, so that works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back