ECW Region, Mex Subregion, Round 1: (7) Roddy Piper vs. (26) James Storm

Discussion in 'ECW Region' started by klunderbunker, Apr 16, 2012.

?

Who Wins This Match?

1. Roddy Piper

2. James Storm

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. FitFinlay4Life

FitFinlay4Life What's the craic?

It isn't meant to come across that way. Yes, Roddy won mid card belts in the NWA but when you look at the plethora of them that they had throughout the territories at that time, this is something that is rarely (if ever) mentioned. However, from his entry into the WWF in 1984 until the end of his career, his titles amounted to a four month run with the IC Belt (or one PPV) and a joke tag reign beside Ric Flair (Piper was voted Flair's partner against the Spirit Squad at Cyber Sunday '06 and they held the belts all of 8 days).

Storm on his best day defeated Kurt 'frickin' Angle for the TNA Belt (plus he won the subsequent feud between the two), that's bound to make his chances against the Rowdy Scot reasonable; especially when you take into account that Roddy's biggest solo accomplishment was beating the legend that was the Mountie for the IC belt.

2. Shotaro

Shotaro WZCW's James Howard

Storm is in with a shot, but that's just it in with a shot. On any given day Piper would win in the end. He's a legend and deservedly so

3. Peoples_Champ

Peoples_Champ Bra & Panties match winner & NEW...

If Storm maintains his current elite level status for a few more years, I would give it to him. But unfortunately he hasn't. He hasn't sold out Madison Square Garden, he hasn't headlined a super successful PPV and he is not synonymous with wrestling (yet... I feel he will be one day).

Piper wins by sleeper submission. 23 minutes.

4. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

Piper didn't lose. That's all there is to it. Think about it. How many times do you remember Piper getting pinned or tapping out? If I remember right, he got to the WWF in 1984 and didn't lose by pin for nearly 8 years. That's a remarkable run and it's something Storm certainly can't claim. Piper wins this by finding a way to outsmart Storm and gets a rollup win.

5. Silly Willy Nilly Vanilly in the Milly

Sorry about your damn luck, Cowboy.
    Piper takes this one. Nothing beats his insane comedy from Piper's Pit combined with his great in-ring talent (save the times he jobbed to the likes of Superfly Jimmy Snuka and others.)
    James Storm has much further to go in his career.
    Vote Rowdy.