ECW Region, Mex Subregion, Round 1: (10) Kane vs. (23) William Regal

Who Wins This Match?

• Kane

• William Regal

Results are only viewable after voting.
William Regal is awesome and I'm glad to see him getting support here, but I can't see him going over Kane at all. Kane has been consistent for over a decade and while he has been a midcarder/upper midcarder for the majority of that, he has had some main event success and he has had runs where he was nearly unstoppable. Regal never had that and never rose above the midcard. Regal is more entertaining in my eyes. Better wrestler, better on the mic, but Kane in kayfabe sense could hang around and potentially defeat anyone that stepped in the ring with him. Gotta go with Kane here, no ways around it.

Quick question; who else was Smackdown going to push in 2010. Jack Swagger?

Kane started off the reign with a Taker feud, so of course that was going to be the main feud of Smackdown. And they had to add so, so much to the feud because people weren't getting into it. That, and it was the year of the move to SyFy, so they wanted a Kane Taker feud to fit the supernatural theme. They had Taker suffer... Something, they brought back Paul Bearer because they needed to get some excitement from the fans, they then had Paul turn on Taker because they needed a swerve, Paul took over promos because Kane's promos are atrocious, that's the feud. Meanwhile on Smackdown land, Rey was being used to establish Del Rio, because they wanted to make him a big star, and all that was left was Edge, who took over the feud to try and salvage it. By the end, they took the belt off Kane, and had to add Mysterio and Del Rio to keep people from shitting on the match. Ratings went down on SyFy, so yep, wasn't just me.

I get it, you like Kane. But I still haven't heard anything to sway me from thinking that he does nothing but produce bad, bad television that people hate. At the end of the day, Kane's bad television isn't enough to ignore

Edit; forgot my little thing I'm doing here. I'll have a lol theme for this one

[YouTube]DaJzlGzVvLc[/YouTube]

[YouTube]l2v0HEvT1DQ[/YouTube]

[YouTube]B1FVImQuefQ[/YouTube]

And you have not demonstrated why Regal's television history is any better. You can criticize Kane all you want, but it's entirely hollow. Kane loses against bigger names...But so does Regal. Kane has shitty feuds! So does Regal. Kane makes for bad TV! So does Regal. You haven't really tried to prove that Regal is better, just that Kane is overrated. What memorable feuds has Regal ever had?

We should be looking at these men as if they're both in their prime, correct? Right?

Kane wins. It's going to take a big time superstar to knock Kane out of this tournament, and unfortunately, Regal doesn't make the cut.

This pains me. Deep down inside and so forth. Regal could have been 100x the professional wrestler Kane was... but he wasn't. He was on the rise, and like an idiot, failed a drug test. That hurt me, ladies and gents. It hurt. He's one of my ten or so favorite wrestlers of all time. Kane isn't.

However, Kane dominated in his prime. Regal didn't.

Kane wins.

I'm sorry, have I not made my position abundantly clear in this thread? Allow me to show you a post I made in my upset prediction thread

William Regal over Kane

I want Kane out, out, as far away from this fucking tournament as possible. I can only pray that enough people see that Kane has been in enough shitty television, that they decide to vote him out, and give Regal the win. This is one of those times where I feel winnin a world title doesn't kill Regal, especially because Kane does nothing but have be a part of horrible television any time he's near a world title. I can only pray enough people have had enough of this guy, and we can boot him out before someone argues that he was pretty good working with The Undertaker fourteen years ago

Regal is better than Kane, both in the ring, and on promos, and is a better character. Have I focused on Kane? Yes, because I feel he's been the most overrated wrestler in quite some time.

But, if you're so damn insistent on knowing what angles I remember out of Regal, him as commisisioner was the best thing going on television when he was GM. His feud with Jericho was mid card, but was so damn entertaining. Him as GM of Raw was also great, before he failed his drug test. Fuck, him as ambassador for Europe was great, too. Aside from Real Man's Man, what exactly has he ever done that was bad? Tell me that.

Fuck, he does one thing Kane couldn't dream; make bad writing entertaining.
See;

[YouTube]XIZEmgWLdF8[/YouTube]

Also, everyone seems to forget him on the Kings Court, where he, Booker, and Finlay dominated Smackdown, sod off with he hasn't done anything. When Regal's on tv, he makes things work. Kane?

[YouTube]QGMdcCnLb7g[/YouTube]

[YouTube]DK0jZ3mklHA[/YouTube]

[YouTube]8J-PbZZrirE[/YouTube]

Quick question; who else was Smackdown going to push in 2010. Jack Swagger?

Kane started off the reign with a Taker feud, so of course that was going to be the main feud of Smackdown. And they had to add so, so much to the feud because people weren't getting into it. That, and it was the year of the move to SyFy, so they wanted a Kane Taker feud to fit the supernatural theme. They had Taker suffer... Something, they brought back Paul Bearer because they needed to get some excitement from the fans, they then had Paul turn on Taker because they needed a swerve, Paul took over promos because Kane's promos are atrocious, that's the feud. Meanwhile on Smackdown land, Rey was being used to establish Del Rio, because they wanted to make him a big star, and all that was left was Edge, who took over the feud to try and salvage it. By the end, they took the belt off Kane, and had to add Mysterio and Del Rio to keep people from shitting on the match. Ratings went down on SyFy, so yep, wasn't just me.

I get it, you like Kane. But I still haven't heard anything to sway me from thinking that he does nothing but produce bad, bad television that people hate. At the end of the day, Kane's bad television isn't enough to ignore

If I were using ratings and promo ability and entertainment quality as a basis for my argument then probably not. Instead I choose to use booking; it has been the one thing over Kane's career that has always been consistent. Even when he jobs, he'll usually get a victory over the guy that he lost to somewhere down the line. Those 4 names that I listed where about the only people that he has not had a strong showing against in any sort of medium.

Regal's career in the WWE is the same as any other sort of mid card guy that would have jobbing to Kane on any sort of week. That is undeniable.

If I were using ratings and promo ability and entertainment quality as a basis for my argument then probably not. Instead I choose to use booking; it has been the one thing over Kane's career that has always been consistent. Even when he jobs, he'll usually get a victory over the guy that he lost to somewhere down the line. Those 4 names that I listed where about the only people that he has not had a strong showing against in any sort of medium.

Regal's career in the WWE is the same as any other sort of mid card guy that would have jobbing to Kane on any sort of week. That is undeniable.

And once again, we're back to our reasoning that gets us nowhere: Kane's won and lost plenty, so why should I see him as definitively better, if he'll hand back loses to these men just as easily. I'm not so interested in who you beat, more what you do with the time you get on screen.

Hogan? Got wins, and got over with his screen time. Same with Austin. Kane? All it leads to is bad television

I see no reason for Regal to go over Kane here. That's not meant to diminish Regal's reputation within the wrestling business but Kane's made a hell of a bigger impact than Regal. Kane has managed to keep his head above water for most of his career and that's not something you can say about Regal. Regal had one major push in 2008 which ended because of drug habits. Who knows, he could have went on to become one of the WWE tops heels but we didn't get to see that. Kane's been there and has actually made an impact on the business. Not only that, but Kane had one of the most distinctive characters during an era where the characters were way over the top. Regal may be one of the best technicians in the WWE but Kane dominates him in just about every way possible.

Kane.

Like it's already been said, he's beaten Stone Cold, Randy Orton, The Undertaker & others. In a match against William Regal, the Big Red Machine definitely comes out on top. In Mexico, it probably makes no difference to me, but Kane has to win.

William Regal may be a great brawler and have the possible advantage of Brass Knuckles, but that's ONLY if the referee was distracted at any given time. Kane can be ruthless though, beating down everyone & anyone that gets in his way. He was the psychological advantage over pretty much anyone & this would end up being the spoil of Regal.

Regal would have a good showing, but Kane takes this one.

I see some good points to indicate that Regal would be able to beat Kane. But it seems like you guys forget one major point. William Regal is facing Kane, Kane is the Big Red Machine for a reason. They don't call him the devils favorite because he will tap out to Regal's submissions or be worked over by his technical prowess. Better man than Regal have tried that, and have failed. Kane will use his size and strength to shake off any hold or any grip Regal could put on him. Kane gets the edge in this match up.

This is a good match where styles are clashing. You have Regal and his very technical style coming up against Kane and his behemoth power game. I have thought this match through and it always seems to end with Kane chokeslamming Regal through the ground and picking up the win.

Regal, as much I have come to respect the impact he has made in the wrestling game, Is just no match for Kane. Regal relies on his technical ability to get over but when it comes to Kane, it just seems like an insurmountable task. Kane's stamina is through the roof and, like the Undertaker, it is just too hard to keep him down for the three count. With his size added to that mix, everything just becomes slightly harder. It's harder for Regal to apply certain submissions and Kane's power game will have Regal done and dusted in time for tea.

I don't doubt Regal's credentials as a wrestler but there is no fathomable way that he should go over Kane. Kane is just too awkward an opponent for him.

Are we also using Lucha Libre rules here? Is this 2-out-of-3 Falls? Either way, Kane dominates here. Regal may get in a cheap shot or two, and maybe even land a shot with the brass knucks, but he won't win. He just doesn't have the abilities it takes to overtake a man like Kane.

If this is prime-time masked Kane, then its a no-brainer.

As good as a wrestler William Regal is, he's no where near as big or as intimidating as the Big Red Machine. Not to mention this match is taking place in Mexico, where masked wrestlers are so much more popular!

I think Kane was perhaps put in this region for a reason? Kane for the win.

Its got to be KANE!

Just a few reasons why-
-Kane is a huge guy.
-Sure, Regal is the better solid in ring wrestler, but Kane is Kane. He has been to the top.
-He has set so many records in the WWE including Quickest 'Mania match and his many Rumble Records.
-Kane is a former world champion, and Regal is not.

This is surly a good match-up.

I've been a fan of William Regal for a very long time. In many ways, I think he's one of the most underrated guys to come down the pike in the last 20 years. That being said, in this match, I find it ludicrous that people are actually trying to make an argument as to why Regal walks awy with a win here.

We can play label games with Kane all we want. We can call him a sometime main eventer, an upper mid-card player, a straight up mid-carder who found his way into the main event every now and then or whatever. At the end of the day, Kane has simply done far more than Regal and has beat wrestlers every bit as good, or better, than Regal. Kane has beaten guys like The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, RVD, Randy Orton, The Undertaker, Vader, Rey Mysterio, Chris Benoit, Big Show and a whole host of others. It's true that Kane has also lost his share of matches, some of whom have been against opponents that seem beneath him. Then again, so has Regal only to a much greater degree.

Kane has wins over some of the biggest names in the history of the industry. He's been a force within the WWE main event picture, including having a World Championship run lasting most of the second half of 2010. He's held the IC title multiple times, he's held the tag titles about 10 different times with half a dozen different partners in WWE.

Nothing would've made me happier than to see Regal be a big deal in WWE, but it didn't happen, and I can't just pretend that Regal would come out of this match with a win. Regal loses this match inside of 5 minutes. That's just how it is.

Kane is a massive competitor, but William Regal makes up for a distinct size and power disadvantage with cunning and a lethal array of moves to keep the Big Red Machine off balance. Kane would dominate portions of the match, but Regal's ring presence (foot on the rope, rolling out to safety, etc) would save him every time, frustrating Kane. This leads to Kane becoming more aggressive and vicious, resorting to chair shot/foreign object violence, which gets him disqualified, allowing Regal to steal the victory.

I love Regal to bits, but the fact of the matter, he's never been anywhere near the main event, let alone stayed in and around it for 15 years like Kane has. Regal puts on better matches, granted, and may be more entertaining, but he has much more to work with. Kane has outlived the usual monster heel lifespan by over 10 years by subtly re-inventing himself from time to time. He's bossed just about every big name in that time, and he deserves to go on.

I'd like to say Regal based on his excellent skills, but Kane's been around and stayed around the top for much longer than Regal probably could. Taking nothing away from the Good Will Embassador, Kane wins

well, first it depends are you talking about the original masked kane from when he debuted to 2003 or the unmasked then masked again kane, because in my opinion original masked kane could own regal easily

too guys that creative never can seem to stick with any momentum they get Regal the more technical brawler vs Kane the agile big man, Im gunna have to go with Kane, we have seen these 2 face to face on occasion with kane usually walking away as the victor

Regal is a good wrestler, I love his character and like him alot more than Kane. But I do not see Kane jobbing to Regal in any way that I could believe.

Kane in a squash.

Regal is very, very underated and I am a fan of his strong-style wrestling, but I don't think he has a chance against one of the biggest, baddest and strongest men in the business.

Kane, especially in his early days, was an absolute unstoppable monster. In certain stretches of his career, he has destroyed any and all challengers including his own flesh and blood The Undertaker who is far harder to beat than Regal.

Kane has dominated some of the biggest names in the business, been a 2 time World Champion as well as a multi-time tag champ and has also held the WWECW title and the Intercontinental title, Regal's accolades pale in comparison to those of The Big Red Machine.

Regal may be smarter in the ring, but that wouldn't help against a 7 foot monster coming off the top rope, taking your jaw off with a dropkick or planting you to the canvas with a vicious chokeslam. Kane has the advantage in almost every catagory you could list.

And to those who say Kane has been a midcarder most of his career...so has Regal....and Kane has easily beaten Regal before.

The fact that William Regal is still employed by the WWE speaks of his great wrestling ability. The WWE releases good in-ring talent every year but Willam Regal is still there. There is a reason that young up and coming guys work with Regal to get their foot in the door. With that being said Regal will do what he does best in this match up and thats put his advisary over.

winner: Kane

Hey, I love William Regal as much as the next guy, and I think he is a tremendous technical wrestler who has enjoyed a successful professional wrestling career. But as far as I'm concerned, Kane is simply too big, too powerful, and too imposing a force for Regal to be able to handle. I see Regal as the recipient of a chokeslam followed shortly thereafter by a Tombstone Piledriver. I see Kane advancing here, relatively easily.

Here's a few ways I see Regal beating Kane:
1. The Un-Americans, Blue Bloods, Ezekiel Jackson, & Vladimir Kozlov beat up Kane before Regal comes to the ring and he just lays on his opponent.
2. Kane gets tired of chokeslamming Regal & decides to chokeslam the ref as well, getting him disqualified.

I just dont see anything in Regal's arsenal that could keep Kane down for a 3 count. People are spending a lot of time talking down Kane's wins, but has Regal beaten ANYBODY? Whats Regal's biggest moment? ALMOST beating Sting for the US Title?

Finish: Regal pulls out the brass knuckles in an attempt for a sneaky victory. Kane notices before Regal's attack, so Regal rolls out the ring & accepts the count out loss. KANE WINS

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back