ECW Region, London Subregion, Second Round: (8) Big Show vs. (9) Vader

Who Wins This Match?

• Big Show

• Vader

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the ECW Region, London Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under ECW Rules. It will be held at The O2, Greenwich, London, England.

url

5.jpg

#8. Big Show

Vs.

Leon_White.jpg

#9. Vader

This match takes place one week after round 1.

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

If we're talking about their primes, Giant would be about 400lbs and quick enough to hang with Vader. The problem is that his best weapon, the big right hand, didn't come until about ten years after that. That being said, I don't think the Vader Bomb would be able to hit. Vader would pound on Big Show for a very long time, but at the end of the day I think a bad looking chokeslam would take it. Not a great match, but a lot of fun to watch.

I'm with KB.

I'm a much bigger fan of Vader than I am Big Show, but I have to go with The Giant here. Not the Big Show... The Giant.

As clumsy and terrible as he was in 1995/1996, The Giant was dominant, even more so than Vader was a few years earlier. I'm voting total kayfabe, so I have to go with The Giant. It's unfortunate.

Was gonna say exactly all that jizz above. Big Show in his prime, was The Giant. The Giant beat the likes of Vader in his tenure. Vader does all his moves and gets all his shots in but The Giant keeps kicking out. Vader goes for the Vader Bomb, misses, gets up groggy and turns around into the massive clutches of Paul Wight. Thunderous Chokeslam...1...2...3!

Giant wins.

My vote goes to Vader. He was an absolute beast in his prime. The Giant was hot from the start and kind of took Vader’s place in the company but I think Vader was more dominant there. Vader was also successful elsewhere. He was a pretty big force in Japan for a while too. The only place he didn’t have success was the WWF. Show had a great rookie year in WCW but once the nwo got rolling he kind of got lost in the shuffle. There’s no doubt Show had more success in WWE than Vader but he’s very inconsistent. He goes from main event monster to comedy job guy in the blink of an eye. I hope people don’t judge Vader based on his time in WWF. I think an early 90s Vader would beat any variation of Big Show pretty convincingly.

Big Show is a near 500 pound guy who, in his prime, could hit a Missile Dropkick from the top rope. Vader was a flat out beast in his. Big Show and Vader have a lot of similarities. I think this could certainly go either way. But, when you throw in ECW Rules, who does this help the most?

The overrating of Vader on these forums is more than the underrating of John Cena elsewhere in the IWC. He was a big guy who could do cool moves, I get it, but fundamentally he wasn't ever as popular or effective as the Big Show. The main thing he has going for him is agility, but as we can see, in the video I always show, Big Show was agile enough in his day for that not to be an issue.

Even in his old age, he can lift heavy people for a chokeslam, so I don't think he'd have had much difficulty with Vader.

I think this shows both points, and how dominant he was, quite well:

Finally, I know Vader was a tough guy, but Big Show is infinitely more at home in the ECW environment, having won the title back when WWE's equivalent was more similar to the original, and I won hardcore titles back in the day. Show wins this.

Give me Vader. Yea, Big Show's prime was as the Giant, long hair flowing & all. He may have manhandled the likes of Fire & Ice & early 2000 Mark Henry, but Vader is a whole other level. I imagine if there's anyone to stand up to Giant in his heyday, it would be Vader or Taker.

This will be one of those 10 minute brawls where both guys toss each other over the top rope, Giant gets pushed into the ring post, & Vader slides in before the ten count.

GO VADER!

Given all the weapons in the arsenal now and then that both had, I dont see Vader as the more lethal. Vader would have a harder time lifting Show for the powerbomb than Show would executing the chokeslam. The Vaderbomb wouldnt have as great effect on a guy the size of Show, but the WMD would connect to Vader's jaw just fine.

I see Vader coming out like a freight train and landing some great shots; punches, clotheslines etc. Maybe he gets Show down long enough for the Vaderbomb\Vadersault, but Show kicks out. Now he is just mad. He tosses Vader around and ultimately hits the chokeslam. Vader is no slouch and might just kickout; but he has little left in the tank. Show hits the WMD and its over.

Show gets the pin.

ITS VADER TIME!!!

I wish...

Giant was a force to be reckoned with! What a match that would be!! But... I must! Vader, he's the man! He could match that power and speed!! Vader was big all over the world!!

Vader wins with the moonsault!!
[YOUTUBE]vRVn_XZPoYM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]q0FNGOoMkRg[/YOUTUBE]

Lets not forget that this is ECW rules here folks. Vader going through a table would happen. It would make a tremendous sound as he crashed to the ground with a huge chokeslam. Vader goes splat. Show moves on.

In is prime, Big Show/The Giant was immense, that dropkick was ridiculous and he looked set to be a legend in wrestling, but he became lazy, inconsistent and boring. I cannot watch a Big Show match now, I have to switch channels.

Vader was just as dominant in his prime, but has the experience from wrestling all over the world and would use that to his advantage in this very close "big man" match. Show is good, but Vader is better.

Winner: Vader

I went with my gut and picked Big Show. Vader was dominant, but against folks that weren't his size. In his prime, Vader dominated Sting, and beat Flair to within an inch of his life, and nearly murdered a jobber in the middle of the ring. Vader's also nearly had his eye knocked out by Stan Hansen, someone who was as tall, but wasn't as big... but Hansen was tough.

Big Show's big AND tough. No one really knows how sadistic Big Show can be. He's hurt people constantly, and fairs well against bigger guys because he's just flat out bigger and on occasion, is more athletic than said bigger guys. Also, Big Show's done a moonsault before... eyewitnesses were other wrestlers that saw Vince McMahon run out and tell him that if he ever tried a moonsault again, he'd be fired on the spot.

A very tough battle that has Big Show wearing Vader down and capitalizing on a missed Vader Moonsault to get the win.

I went with Vader, as I think that the ECW factor suits him more. If kane can KO the Big Show with a chair, I think Vader can accomplish the same feat [of course Kane is losing to Piper, so I guess logic would be that Piper could beat Big Show in a hardcore match as well... but Vader would destory Piper, right?]

If I'm going by Big Show in his prime, I'm picturing 1998-1999 WWF circa. That's when he was most likely at the height of his popularity [And yeah I think Show reached much greater heights in WWF than WCW.] Going off of that and his wars with other big guys like Kane and Undertaker [Vader was past his prime at this point] a prime Vader probably could have whipped the giant as well.

Like everyone else is saying, Big Show is more at home in these kind of matches. I choose to forget the Big Show vs. Sabu hardcore match, since it was awful, but Big Show is a tremendous athlete, especially in his prime and could brawl and break it down hardcore. I got Big Show after smashing Vader over the head with a wrench like Kane did.

Tastycles articulated my thought perfectly. Vader was fine but is massively overhyped here. Big Show's last decade of work has overshadowed his early, much more athletic work. Throw in the fact that extreme only helps show, this one is not much of a contest

Vote Show

I voted for Big Show.

Both of these men are absolute monsters, but I think that Big Show could go over almost anyone in his prime, and especially in an Extreme Rules match. Big Show wrecked guys like The Undertaker, Kurt Angle, and Brock Lesnar during their primes. This would be an incredible match, especially in an ECW match, but I see Show coming out as more vicious than Vader, and would use that aggression to beat the massive Vader. During his prime, Show seemed unstoppable, and I don't see Vader beating him here, in an ECW match.

Vote Big Show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back