ECW Region, Kansas City Subregion, First Round: (13) Kevin Nash vs. (20)Barry Windham

Who wins this match?

• Kevin Nash

• Barry Windham

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the ECW Region, Kansas City Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under ECW Rules, meaning anything goes. It will be held at the Kemper Arena in Kansas City, Missouri.

1319572260-350x200_93.jpg

028Diesel_display_image.jpg

#13. Kevin Nash

Vs.

windham.jpg

#20. Barry Windham

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Does no one else find this matchup kind of fascinating? Normally, I depend on some of you old school aficionados to lead me through something like this but none of you ***** have posted anything yet. So let's see what my brain has captured while napping through various WWE released documentaries and skimming KB's reviews.

Barry Windham was a very big deal for a fairly short amount of time. He had a strong rivalry with Ric Flair, much like everyone else in the 80s. I think he was a Horsemen for a while. Also, wasn't he with Bradshaw as the Blackjacks?

Kevin Nash was probably granted more than he deserved because of his political pull backstage, but there's no denying that due to the popularity of the nWo, he was one of the biggest names in the 90s.

See what you get when you leave this shit to the amateurs? Someone correct me, but I think this favors Nash.

It does favor Nash, but I would LOVE to watch these guys fight. Windham was the hottest thing in the world in the late 80s and then he just.....stopped. If you can find it, look up his turn on Luger to join the Horsemen. The crowd was ready to lynch him if he didn't get out of the building.

Nash on the other hand was world champion in WWF for nearly a year and then was one of the starters of the biggest angle of all time. At the end of the day it's Nash, but if you get a motivated Nash in this match, I'd pay money to see it. Windham could GO man.

I was waiting for somebody else to post here before I did, I just really hate Kevin Nash's wrestling. This is an interesting match up and could go either way, i'm just so biased against Nash. I loved the NWO and I'll admit that he made me care about what he was doing in WCW was important, but God did his matches really bore me. 5 time WCW champion, 1 time WWF champion. It's a good resume but I don't like the guy.

Barry Windham is an early(but not original) and important horseman. I remember him teaming with Arn a lot, lot of good matches there. He was a 1 time NWA world champion too. Sadly, I don't think his accomplishments match Nash.

So i'm stuck here because while I honestly believe that Windham is the superior wrestler, better entertainer, and all around cooler dude, Nash would win this match in kayfabe. He's just a much better career over the years.

I'll be voting for Nash... Reluctantly.

I think he was a Horsemen for a while. Also, wasn't he with Bradshaw as the Blackjacks?

His dad was Blackjack Mulligan and reformed the Blackjacks with Bradshaw, they didn't have much success though.

The only thing fascinating about this is why is Barry Windhams holding the World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Title in his picture?

Barry Windhams always struck me as the guy you say when this issue pops up:

"Book Ric Flair for the main event? What? He isn't available? Fuck, we'll book Barry"

Nash never exactly set my world ablaze, but he's a more memorable man in WCW history than Barry, for better or worse. Nash, Hall, and Hogan changed the wrestling landscape together; Windham's a footnote in history.

Give me Big Sexy

Windham was the better worker, but knee injuries ruined his career before it could really get cemented. If anyone saw his return match with Flair after finally recovering from knee injuries you know what I'm talking about. He was back man! He was ready to cement his legacy! Then bam. Shreds his knee in the first match back from knee surgery and his career never recovered.

I think Nash is perpetually underrated by today's fans and I give him the win with the caveat that Barry Windham would have likely been able to lock this up with ease had his career not fallen apart in the early 90s due to knee problems.

Barry Windham could GO, as KB mentioned. It's a damn shame I'm the only vote for the man from Sweetwater, Texas who had a Lariat as dangerous as Stan Hansen. Windham also earned a ton of his success and was a part of an even BIGGER faction than the NWO, and that's the Four Horsemen, so throw interference out the window.

Nash was a great in-ring general, but Windham was tall, athletic, and could keep Nash off balance and who's to say he's not sadistic enough to take out one of Nash's bad knees? Windham isn't as well known as Nash and I'll surrender that take on things, but I look at pure wrestling. As if these two wrestled in their time, and I give this one to Windham.

Vote Windham

I always liked Barry Windham, he was one of the guys that i first saw when i first watched WCW in 1990. He was a great wrestler who i believe could hold his own with big sexy.

Kevin Nash we all know about and if this came down to backstage politics Nash would finish in the top 3 in the whole tournament, but it doesnt and im going for Barry Windham to pick up the win.

I'm very happy to give this to Kevin Nash with little thought. He was always there or thereabouts at the top of whatever promotion he was in, a 6 time world champion, an underrated worker and all round high level superstar. Plus, he's got a great win/loss vs big men (dominated Sid/Goldberg/Razor throughout their matches) - Windham is a different type of big guy, but at least his physical stature on paper isn't an issue, and unless I'm mistaken ECW rules suits Nash more than him.

I struggle to define Windham's prime. I mean undoubtedly his work was best in the late 80s, particularly the match vs Flair on Flair's DVD compilation released like 5 years ago. That was really, really good. I mean, the highest ranked on the card he's been was when Flair left for WWF in 1992, his title reign was shortly after this but he dropped it back to Flair as soon as he got back from WWF.

Like most else here, I prefer early Windham to Nash by a mile but that's not enough for me. Kayfabe, Nash would smash through as Windham has historically struggled to win the big one. Based on respective careers, Nash fortuitously has to be considered the choice as well.

Windham was one of my favorites from the 1980s. I just liked the guy when I was a kid. He's someone that had a lot of overall ability. He was a big guy, but he was pretty athletic as well and could wrestle on the mat with top guys.

Windham was a big star in Championship Wrestling from Florida from the early to mid 80s and had success as a tag team wrestler in the WWF in the mid 80s, including two tag title reigns with Mike Rotunda. Windham was also a big deal in Jim Crockett Promotions and WCW later on. He was somebody that, at one point, could have been a great NWA World Heavyweight Champion. He did win the title eventually but he ultimately got lost in the shuffle with all the chaos going on in the very early 90s involving the company and Ric Flair. By the time he did become champ, his best years were behind him.

Nash was someone I was never a huge fan of inside the ring. I'd much rather listen to him talk than wrestle 90% of the time. Nash was a dominant wrestler though, and a dominant champion who played politics backstage with almost unrivaled skill.

As much as I'd prefer not to, I have to go with Nash for the win in this match. Windham had potential to be bigger than he was but, unfortunately, it just didn't happen. Nash's involvement in the nWo, as one of the original 3 members, is far bigger than anything Windham accomplished.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings to see Windham move on, but I don't think it'll happen. Nash's accomplishments and star power are too much in this case. Windham was better in the ring but, Nash is just the guy who has left a much bigger imprint on the business as a whole.

I have to give it to Nash here. Wyndham was great for a little while. Lots of that had to do with Flair and the horseman but hey everyone needs their rub.Wyndham was a much better in ring worker but Nash's popularity and longevity puts him over here. Whether it's Diesel or Kevin Nash this guy has been a star for a very long time and no one can take that away from him.

Barry was pretty damn good in his day. Four Horsemen good- back before they became a shell of themselves and let Mongo in. Barry was big..... Unfortunately he never became what many thought he would.

Nash takes the edge here for one reason. That reason is The Outsiders. Nash finally showing up on Nitro changed things. Later when Hall & Nash were joined by Hogan- the universe collapsed in on itself. That bit of history right there is bigger than what Windham did in his career.

This would be a good fight between 2 big men. Barry would take it to Kevin, go after his legs, etc. Both men would likely have some outside help- I just think that in the end a distraction by Hall or Hogan would give Nash a small enough window to win. Jacknife ends this one about 15 minutes in.

I went with the majority but I'm surprised Windham isn't getting more support. I've heard a few wrestlers call Barry Windham the best natural worker they've ever been in the ring with. Even though Windham was as smooth as anyone I see Nash overpowering him. I think Windham would end up trying to play Nash's power game and I don't think that's a game he would win. Jackknife ends it.

This could have been a great match if both guys were in their primes.

Barry Windham's really promising career was hampered by his knee injuries but he could certainly go with the best of them when he was healthy. He has some great matches in his day.

However, I am going to go with Nash for this. From his dominant WWE title reign as Diesel, to his involvement in the biggest angle in wrestling history with the nWo taking over WCW, to his great tag-team with Scott Hall, Nash has left a far bigger stamp on the industry than Windham.

He has the size and strength advantage, and although Barry could call on interferance from the Horsemen, Nash has the nWo so that evens things up again.

This would be a good match, pretty violent but it would end with a Jackknife through a table and a Nash 3 count.

Winner: Kevin Nash

Ah, Barry Windham is a pretty good opponent for most people in this tournament. There are few that would trounce him, and you can usually pick an argument that would carry him into the next round. Not sure with this one though. Windham was a big deal in the late 80s, but I think his real chance to strike it out on his own was when Flair went to WWF, and he never really took it.

Nash, by comparison, is a man who took his chances as they came. He probably isn't one of wrestling's truly over greats, yet he had monumental title reigns and was involved in huge angles. I think he's good, but what he lacked in the wrestling ring he more than made up for with his business acumen. That's irrelevant though, and on the balance of their respective careers, he has to win here.

I'm biased as Nash is one of my least favorites of all-time.....egotistical and self serving......learn to punch dude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back