ECW Region, Indianapolis Subregion, First Round: (1) John Cena vs. (32) Iron Sheik

Who wins this match?

• John Cena

• Iron Sheik

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the ECW Region, Indianapolis Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under ECW Rules, meaning anything goes. It will be held at the Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana.

bankers-life-fieldhouse-front-view-copyright2011.jpg

3171c430329aff76b9309faa56006655.png

#1. John Cena

Vs.

ironsheik_508.jpg
tumblr_m44ao1ehax1qdzvtro1_500.gif

#32. Iron Sheik

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

ECW rules or not, Cena would blow the Sheik away with ease. Nowadays, he's only known as the guy who rambles incoherently and the man who lost the WWF Championship to the greatest superstar of all time, Hulk Hogan. Cena has shown that he is comfortable with a no DQ setting and will smoothly plow through this round.

Cena wins after an AA onto a chair, table, ladder or what have you.

Cena is seen as the Hulk Hogan of this generation. The Iron Sheik lost the WWF title to Hulk Hogan. It speaks for itself really.

Pretty standard match with Cena winning.

Definitely this ones goes for Cena. Cena is probably one of the few men in this tournament that can go over legends of any kind. While The Iron Sheik was on of the biggest names in his prime, Cena is exactly the kind of babyface that would end the Sheik's reign of terror via STF.

Cena wins via submission.

The pleasure I get from the Iron Sheik's twitter is more than enough to justify a vote against a lot of people, but not John Cena. The fact is, Cena is an incredible wrestler that has managed to remain popular for a very long time. Hogan was on top from 84-91, Hart from 93-96, Austin from 97-2003. Cena has been on top since 2005, that's 8 years, more than anyone else in the frequently televised era.

Cena is one of the biggest stars in history, and Sheik made a career of losing to the biggest stars in history. Cena wins.

Poor Sheik, the one thing you didn't want for your legacy is to be a top line heel in the WWF in this period because the best you could ever hope for was to be a transitional champ between the federations top faces. As such, this puts him on a level with Ivan Koloff and Stan Stasiak who didn't even make the top 128... and they may well not have garnered any votes from the qualifying judges at all.

Against a technician, the Iron Sheik might have had a case but (as Hogan would establish) against a brawling headliner like Cena he would have no chance... and that's even before you'd take into account that said brawler could use anything at his disposal legally.

Sheiky was a grade A heel, drew some wicked heat like very few before or since, and was a bonafide shooter in the ring. That ain't gonna be enough for him to get past Cena though. He couldn't see Hogan back in 1984, and he sure isn't gonna see this generations version of Hogan here in 2013. After giving Cena some fits early on, Cena breaks out of a camel clutch with sheer brute strength alone, and beats Khosrow into submission, finishing him off with an AA for the 1-2-3. Cena moves on to the 2nd round. A transitional champ, even if he is a legit wrestler just isn't gonna get past the guy who has pretty much been the face of WWE for the past decade.

Sheik will suplex Cena, put him in camel clutch, break his back, fuck his ass, and make him humble.

As much as I wanted to say that, because I love when Sheik goes on insane rants, Cena goes over here. A lot of people compare Cena to Hogan, and true or not, Sheik was usually Hogan's bitch. This would be a good match with Cena making his comeback after about 15 minutes and picking up the win.

I'd like to see a few promos leading up to this match but only if you took Prime Sheik and gave him his current personality that he uses on Twitter, and let Cena rap it out.

SHEIKIE HUMBLE THE JOHN CENA! KAPOOT! KAPOOT! CENA THE CHRIS BROWN CLASS. I BREAK HIS BACK, I MAKE HIM HUMBLE! VOTE FOR #SHEIKIEBABY OR GO FUCK YOURSELF!

Back to reality.... Cena wins this because he's the biggest star of this generation, and he's got bigger battles to wage later on in the tournament. Cena wins with the STF, but not before Sheik gets his offense in.

I kind of want to vote for Sheik just so I can send the results to him and watch him rant about beating John Cena. "FUCK A JOHN CENA! YOU AIN'T NO DANNY HODGE! A FUCK A HULK HOGAN! YOU STUPID MOTHER FUCKER! YOU DON'T SHARE A COCAINE WITH IRON SHEIK. YOU GIVE ME A TINY BIT YOU DON'T SPLIT HALF AND HALF!..................A FUCK JOHN CENA!".

In all seriousness though Sheik has zero chance in this match for numerous reasons. Cena is the perfect guy that would shut up the Anti-American and would do it in spectacular fashion. I would get into who was the bigger star but that's redundant. Sheik would use his power to wear down Cena but eventually Cena would make the comeback, hit the Attitude Adjustment, slap on the STFU and win one for old glory.

Cena wins.

Characters like Iron Sheik exist to make the American Superfaces look great in big matches.

Just like Sheik's title reign ended up being a vehicle to drive Hulkamania, he would be lined up here to get Cena some early supporters and get his momentum rolling in the tournament right from the start.

Sheik would get in some offense, build a little a threat, worry all the children in attendance, until Cena got his second win, a couple shoulder tackles, a side-release slam, a five-knuckle shuffle, and an F-U. The routine is as tried and true as Sheik losing to a big boot and a leg drop.

Sheik probably should be seeded a bit higher, but as is, he makes a good first round triumph for the golden boy.

This should be closer, but I understand why it's not. Fact is, Cena's the modern day Hulkster and we all know how Hulkamania got started don't we? A pinfall over Iron Sheik to win his first WWE Title.

Sheik will make Cena humble for a spell, but a quick FU and it's over for Sheikh Baba.

Fack da John Cena, that low class clown facking can't. I break his back, I fack his auss, I make him humble!

While I have never found evidence that would suggest otherwise, I don't think Sheik would have a problem with Cena. From what I know he hates Hogan because the guy refused to endorse him; and I doubt Cena would do such a thing. Anyways, I'm sure Sheik could hold his own in a hardcore match; it's not rocket science to be able to swing a chair really hard. Kurt Angle managed to do so plenty of times. That being said, I can't see Sheiky overcoming Cena. I love the guy, and I think it's great he was voted in, but he won't be winning.

Cena to advance in epic fashion, after an epic match. Even more epic would be mixing the rambunctious crowds of today with the traditional crowds that boo'd Sheik in his prime.

This is the type of matchup John Cena thrives in. Had they wrestled in the same era, Sheik would be the disrespectful anti-American that Cena thrives on shutting up. The most recent comparison would be Antonio Cesaro, who Cena beat in 6 minutes at Tribute to The Troops. Cena has thrived in some vicious brawls in his time, besting the likes of Umaga, Big Show, JBL and Edge in the anything goes environment.

Sheik was the type of guy who was built up just to be humbled by bigger stars, specifically American ones like Hulk Hogan and Sgt. Slaughter. Sheik's ending of Bob Backlund's epic title reign was simply to put over Hulk Hogan, and Cena is the Hulk Hogan of today. This wouldn't be a walk in the park for Cena, and both men would likely be busted open. But Cena prevails here, slipping the Camel Clutch to hit the FU and make Sheik tap to the STFU.

Cena simply doesn't lose to the likes of Sheik, and Sheik didn't beat the likes of Cena.

I'm literally only posting here because I've decided to post in every thread in the tournament if I can. I have absolutely nothing to add. Cena is NOT losing this match, it's exactly the type he wins and Iron Sheik wouldn't be in this tournament if he wasn't so damn hilarious since he retired. Everyone loves a bit of Sheiky but all he was is a transitional champion to spark Hulkamania that remained as a midcard heel for a few years past that.

Love Sheik though. Good run sir.

Who pops the boner in this match?

Cena. No, no Cena wins. Sheik pops the boner of course. He ain't no Trish.

Classic Cena match-up. Cena vs Heel. Heel beats him down for the course of the match, and then Cena pulls out the however many moves he has these days and whoops ass. Weapons don't play to much of a role here. Just a first round blow out.

Did you know if you sent the Sheik $30 over Paypal, he will insult any celebrity in the world of your choosing over Twitter. We could actually make this sort of happen.
I'd love to see Cena's response to Sheik threatening to break his back, fuck his ass, humble him, and make him piss blood.

Of course, in the ring, Cena would be the one doing the humbling. It goes without the need for any sustained argument. The world's greatest Iranian goes out early.

I kind of want to vote for Sheik just because he's the most entertaining person on twitter. I wont do that though. Even though I dont feel Cena should be a 1 seed he could damn sure beat Iron Sheik and is one of the best of all time while Sheik was simply a transitional champion.

One of the all time greatest babyface superstars against evil foreign heel. Multiple time world champion over several years against one month transitional champion. I think I'll pick Cena here.

Not really a contest here. Cena one of the top babyfaces of all time vs transitional champ. Be a typical match of the loved American face vs the hated foreign heel. The face tends to prevail in these situations.

Crap, I clicked on Sheik when I wanted to vote for Cena.

As much as we all love the Iron Sheik's rambling youtube videos and Twitter rants, the guy was a major star in his prime. However, he was never THE guy in WWE and he is facing the biggest star of his generation in John Cena.

ECW rules means anything goes so Sheiky would be able to dish out a bit of punishment to Cena, but Johnny has shown he can take pain and come back to win- look at his I Quit match victories and his victory over Brock Lesnar as examples of this. Cena would take the beating, then do his usual superman comeback to pin the Sheik after an Attitude Adjustment through a table.

Winner: John Cena

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back