ECW Quarter Finals: Edge vs. the Big Show: Bullrope/4 Corners Match

Edge vs. Big Show: Bullrope/4 Corners

• Edge

• The Big Show

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The Rated R Superstar Edge vs. the Big Show

The Following matchup takes place in Philadelphia, PA in the ECW Arena. All matches, unless other wise noted, take place under Extreme Rules.

Bullrope/4 Corners Match:
The two wrestlers are connected by a ten foot bullrope. The winner of the match will be the wrestler to touch all four corners of the ring in succession.

Show wins.How the hell will Edge be able to pull that weight with him?Even If Edge hits Show with all his offecne Hes still going to have to pull 400 pounds around with him.

Winner-Show after 5 minutes

Very much a case of instinct versus intelligence here.
No, not the match it's self, I'm talking about voting.

If I think about it, I can scarcely come up with a single worth while reason to not vote for Big Show. He's huge, and Edge is... well, not huge. Show could probably lift Edge up in one hand and gently stroll around the four corners of the ring.

On the other hand... I don't like Big Show. I never have, never will, and I certainly don't think he deserves to go over Edge, a man who out rates him in every aspect other than size, at this stage in the tournament.

Edge is faster than Show, he's probably better technically, and he's certainly more athletic; unfortunately I don't think any of that matters when you’re tethered to a small mountain. Unless Edge detaches the bull rope (which I think is against the rules, although I'm not sure if it's ever come up), I don't think he can possible win.

Therefore, I'm voting for Show. But I want everyone to know that I feel bad about it.

Usually the rules of a bullrope or any type of chained together matchup, if someone intentionally detaches himself from the restraint, then they are DQ'd. if they become detached, then the ref stops the match and places them both back on the object.

Edge is not known for his power game. He's a smarts and speed guy. This match does not favor him AT ALL.

I would't dismiss Edge too quickly, but in any match with Show, Edge's strategy would have to be based around his ability to get AWAY from the big man, to hit and run. Here, Show can bring him back in. So sadly, I have to go for the Show too, but I say Edge shows us something in a valliant effort.

This match is this year's version of the styles/hogan ladder match. While in a regular match i'd have to go with edge, there is no freaking way you can go with him here. The only thing I can think of would be to have all his cronies come down and carry big show to the corners, but I'd see show fighting them off anyway. Show wins this one, but Edge has some kind of scheme up his sleeve to give him a fighting chance.

It's not fucking fair, goddammit! Everyone else I wanted to go through stands a fair chance (except for the great one, apparently), why not the Rated R Superstar? I'd rather not vote for Show, but he'd just drag Edge around by the hair as he casually tapped each corner in succession. Such a shame, considering Edge is one of my favourites, and Show is one of my least favourites.

I'd rather not vote, but it's my duty.

tough luck for edge. its big show all the way...though the match will go longer than people think because edge will avoid touching the corner and will coUnter big shows attempts at that using his speed and skill........but the writing is on the wall.........there is no way edge can drag big show to even 1 corner forget 4.....tough luck and EXIT for edge. EDGE LOSES AGAINST A HUGE POWERFUL MONSTER

but maybe rated R superstar may be looking for revenge on the BIG SHOW in the next round. i wont be surprised if he screws/attempts to screw big show in some way in the next round

Results are here

It is possible for Edge to win this match up since he is the quicker man.

I hear you asking how does Edge being quicker mean that he can win. Factor in how ring smart Edge is, then go back to the Batista Vs. JBL match with this stipulation. Remember how until the end of the match JBL was following behind Batista and tagging the previously tagged ones. I can see Edge doing this and then Darting past Show and tagging the last one.

Combine in the Bell in the middle of the Bull Rope and you can see Edge winning this one.

That is why I am voting for Edge based on that scenario alone.

Talk about handicapping Edge, tieing a 500 sorry..350 pound boulder to him and ask him to touch 4 corners.

However Edge will find a way to win this match, he always finds a way. Whether he knocks Big show out with a chair, or uses the turnbuckle, he wins. To put Big Show over edge in any match is a discredit to Edge. Ok Show aint bad, but Edge is the best thing going in WWE right now, and to suggest Big Show who never really established himself as a mainevent star, and who has had only a limited number of decent matches goes over him is foolish IMO. Edge wins.

It's pretty simple. Edge couldn't carry Big Shows fat ass to all 4 turnbuckles. The only way he'd win is by the usual face way of touching each turnbuckle after his opponent. Not going to happen. Edge is a heel. Or the JBL way. But that was fuckin' stupid. Big Show wins.

I want to see a scenario where Edge wins this match and faces Jericho, believe me, Edge/Jericho has much more appeal to me then Big Show Jericho, but I can't come up with any circumstance that permits it. Edge is a crafty, thinking mans heel, but the Big Show is a fucking monster. He is too damn big and too damn nasty. When show gets pissed off, he hurts people. Edge I want to win, but he won't win.

Poor Edge lol. He had a good shot in the tournament this year, but the gimmick match screwed him over. Big Show will easily win this match and Edge can cheat all he wants, but in a Bull Rope match against the Big Show, there isn't much he can do. Show wins this in 10 minutes at the most.

Big Show is way more stronger then Edge and this is a match where you kind of need at least an ounce of strength. Edge couldn't pull Big Show even if Show lost 50 more pounds. Show would whip him around like a rag doll and I can see show winning in 10 or so minutes.

There is no question that Edge is the better athlete, is faster, has a far more varied move set, and generally would win this match up 9 times out of 10, IF it were straight wrestling. I just don't see him dragging 400-500 pounds of dead weight around. The only way Edge wins this is if he fells the giant tree in the middle of the ring and then can just spin Show around on his belly as he touches the 4 corners. But I just don't think the rope is long enough for that.

Show takes this one, due to his weight and strength.

There go my brackets...I had Edge through to the finals. Dang, this feels like March Madness...always a groomsman, never a groom.

MP

For the 2nd time a better wrestler gets the worst stip he can. Flair 1st now Edge. Show for the 2nd time gets a match he can't loose. Last year vs Ricky and now this. Show is just to big and will win this one easily no outsmarting here.

well, as much as I absolutely hate too, it would be foolish to go with edge. There is no way edge can win this. Big Show is just TOO large, and by comparison, Edge, is too LIGHT. Big Show would be able to pull Edge around easily, as he is only about 240 at the most. Edge isnt strong enough to pull Big Show, especially if he somehow incapacitates Show, as over 500 pounds of dead weight would be impossible for the thinly built edge to drag around. On the other hand, Edge is fairly light, for the immensely strong Big Show.

The only possible Scenario I can see happening is Show goin crazy, throwing edge into the corners, which is somewhat plausible, playing off of edge being a smart/weak heel, and big show being Huge and strong but "dumb" and can have lapses in concetration through his intensity.

How long is the actual rope, if Edge knocks Show out in the center of the ring could he still reach the 4 corners? Maybe, could he if Zach Ryder, Curt Hawkins and other Edge Heads lift Show up and carry him for Edge, then yes. I simply cannot vote against Edge, the guy will just somehow find a way to sneak away with an extremely controversial win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back