ECW Denver, Round 1, Match 8: #21 Dory Funk Jr. vs. #44 Hawk

Discussion in 'ECW Region' started by Shocky, Mar 27, 2009.

?

Dory Funk Jr. vs. Hawk

1. Funker

2. Warrior

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shocky

Shocky Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz

The following match takes place in the ECW region under Extreme Rules, from Denver, Co.

#21. Dory Funk Jr.

[​IMG]

vs.

#44. Road Warrior Hawk
    [​IMG]

2. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

Dory might go down here. His game is based on grounding an opponent. How do you ground Hawk? Hawk may never have won a big singles match, but his power here is hard to overcome. Dory comes from a different era. I'm not sure his style would work on Hawk here, so in what will be the minority, I'll take Hawk.

3. NSL

NSL Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh

I was planning all along, to vote for Dory. But, then I got to thinking. This is EC F'n W. Hawk was so crazy, that he actually climbed the TitanTron, with intentions of jumping, on live TV.

He is totally fucking insane. There's no way that he'd lose this match. Dory wouldn't be able to keep him down, and Hawk would put his own body in danger before taking a loss.

4. Tastycles

Tastycles Turn Bayley heel

That's the point, Hawk would put his own body in danger, fuck up, and then Dory would win.Dory may not be as well suited to ECW as his brother would be, but here he would go over Hawk by virtue of outwitting somebody who is a fish out of water in singles competition.

Hawk would probably end up putting himself through a table or something if it got extreme. If it stayed in the ring, then I expect that the former World Champion has something in his arsenal to get Hawk grounded. Funk wins.

5. Cena's Little Helper

Cena's Little Helper Mid-Card Championship Winner

Yeah, I'm going with Funk here too. If anyone proved that you could get by in ECW by being, wrestling-wise, nothing more than a solid mat worker, it was Shane Douglas, who beat people that were a lot crazier than Hawk was. And, Funk, Jr., was even better than Douglas in terms of wrestling (he was nowhere near as good of a talker, but I won't hold that against him given that he comes from the NWA's territory days). Save for their first stint in the WWF, I was never that much of a fan of The Road Warriors/Legion Of Doom. Furthermore, I always thought that Animal was the better of the two.

Pick: Funk, Jr.

6. 2012isbs

2012isbs MCMG: 1-696-696-6969

I have to say Dory because Funk Jr. would capitalize on any mistake and if thinks got really bad for Dory, Terry would probably run in and hit the Texas piledriver then lock in the spinning toehold and if Animal ran in it would be Funks vs. Road warriors in exrtreme rules where Terry would kick ass and Dory would get the win a match more brutal than anything seen before in ECW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.