Dudleyville Region, First Round: (21) New Age Outlaws vs. (44) Shield

Who Wins This Matchup?

• New Age Outlaws

• Shield

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Dudleyville Region. It's a standard tag team match held in the Dudleyville Stadium.

Dudleyville.8.gif

newageoutlaws.jpg

21.New Age Outlaws

Vs.

theshield.jpg

44. Shield

Under the Freebird Rule, the Shield may use any combination of its members.

Vote for who you feel is the better team. The poll will be open for THREE days starting approximately twenty four hours after this thread is posted. Use the time to argue and defend your choices. In the case of a tie, the team with more written votes will win. Only one vote per user.

Remember that this is a non-spam section and posts that do not meet our spam requirements will not count.

At first I was inclined to go with The Shield here but but then I realized that this isn't a Six Man Tag team match and this isn't the Outlaws of 2014 whom The Shield squashed at Wrestlemania. The Shield as a faction were incredible and damn near unbeatable, but as a tag team? Rollins & Reigns had a good run as Tag Team Champions but it wasn't anything mind-blowing. I don't even recall any other combination of Shield members teaming up in a 2 0n 2 mach.

The Outlaws were a GREAT tag team who I think have gotten shafted a bit with their lower seeding. I won't begrudge anyone who votes for The Shield, but you're wrong.

I definitely have to go with the Outlaws as a pure tag-team. Absolutely.

This is voting based off the better team, not combination of two men, based on KB's words. Yeah Rollins/Reigns didn't have an amazing tag title run but this isn't just those two, it's the Shield as a whole. Doesn't matter which two are legal in the match, the third will be at ringside and shenanigans will ensue.

Those three together did more in their year and half then the Outlaws entire career as a team. Things like beating former world champions clean on a consistent basis, main eventing PPV's as well at endless amounts of RAW's, and easily ranking within the top five factions of all time.

The Shield is flat out better than the Outlaws, don't let the fact that they'll have even better careers as single stars while the Outlaws never will confuse you.

The selling point here is the fact that the Shield are strongest as a trio. Of course Reigns/Rollins are nothing to fuck around with, but they're slightly underwhelming in comparison to everything else they've accomplished. Ambrollins and Ambreigns are both not options that seem better suited to overcome the great New Age Outlaws.

This is voting based off the better team, not combination of two men, based on KB's words. Yeah Rollins/Reigns didn't have an amazing tag title run but this isn't just those two, it's the Shield as a whole. Doesn't matter which two are legal in the match, the third will be at ringside and shenanigans will ensue.

Yeah, about that.

I'm sure the Outlaws could bring a third in X-Pac, a fourth in Chyna, a fifth in HHH.

Those three together did more in their year and half then the Outlaws entire career as a team. Things like beating former world champions clean on a consistent basis, main eventing PPV's as well at endless amounts of RAW's, and easily ranking within the top five factions of all time.

I don't care what they did in 6-man tag team matches. It's irrelevant to me. Since Reigns and Rollins were champions, I'm going with those two to face the Outlaws. You said they didn't have an amazing title run.

The Shield is flat out better than the Outlaws, don't let the fact that they'll have even better careers as single stars while the Outlaws never will confuse you.

What they will do in singles competiton means nothing. This is not singles competition.

The Outlaws have beaten tag teams who went on to have better singles careers than the Shield if we're going down that route. Plus, the benefit of having X-Pac, Chyna, and HHH will come into play at some point.

It should be Rollins & Reigns teaming with each other. Ambrose & Reigns would likely have problems with each other as we've seen, Ambrose & Rollins would get along, but they wouldn't have the chemistry and experience together that Billy and Road Dogg have in the ring, neither would Ambrose & Reigns.

I'm going with the The Outlaws as the winners as they have beaten better, tougher, and more credible tag teams like the LOD, Team 3D, APA, Edge & Christian, The Hardy Boyz, The Rock N' Sock Connection, while Rollins & Reigns have defeated Team Hell No, Prime Time Players, and The Usos.

What The Shield have done in 6-man matches doesn't matter here. You could say some of those former world champions were past their primes, while The Outlaws have beaten some former world champions when they were in their primes or coming into their prime.

As for Ambrose at ringside, The Outlaws have Chyna and X-Pac to back them up. X-Pac could fight with Ambrose on the outside, distracting the referee, while Chyna could sneak into the ring, low blow Rollins or Reigns, and help The Outlaws win.

This is voting based off the better team, not combination of two men, based on KB's words.

Under the Freebird Rule, the Shield may use any combination of its members.

Yeah Rollins/Reigns didn't have an amazing tag title run but this isn't just those two, it's the Shield as a whole. Doesn't matter which two are legal in the match, the third will be at ringside and shenanigans will ensue.

As was mentioned before by several others, if you're going to account for Ambrose's presence at ringside then you have to account for X-Pac, Chyna, and even Triple H in the Outlaw's corner.

Those three certainly did do more than the Outlaws. This isn't a three-on-three match. You know who would rank higher than The Shield in the top five factions of all time?

DgenerationX.jpg

The Shield were dominant as a three man group. As a tag team? I don't recall Reigns/Ambrose or Ambrose/Rollins ever teaming up and if they did they certainly didn't accomplish much. Reigns and Rollins were the tag team champions for a good minute and they lost them to:

Rhodes+Brothers.png

And who beat them?

Image2.jpg

Logical fallacy? Sure, but these dudes were about 15 years past their primes.

I'll take the Outlaws here. I thought about The Shield for a little while, especially after that WrestleMania squash, but I decided to throw out that match where the Outlaws were years past their prime. The NAO were unquestionably the top team during the late 90s. That was actually a pretty decent time for tag team wrestling. Better than most people remember. These guys were as popular as almost anyone in 1998, a year with a lot of popular stars. NAO advances.

Tough choice here. The Shield as unit were pretty much unstoppable during their time together. As a tag team however they were kind of meh :shrug:. They held the titles but that wasn't really a focal point at all, neither was the US title. The whole thing about them was 3v? whatever, that was where The Shield was strongest.

I know people have said Ambrose is on the outside to cause interference and help them win, but NAO also had X-Pac, Chyna and HHH in a faction with them. So that kind of negates Ambrose. Also I could be wrong in this but did NAO not get brought into DX because they were so damn popular? They regularly had a loud pop for their entrance.

Shame to say it as the Shield is a strong side but I think the Outlaws take this one

One reign at a time when wrestling is in recession is obliterated by 5 reigns in a a time when it was in a massive boom period! Oh, you didn't know? NAO win this deservedly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back