Dubstep

Looks like y'all are in luck, for some unknown reason I've decided to venture back in here for the second time today and grace everybody with a delicious second helping of some of the tastiest Dubstep that your ears will ever hear.

I know for a fact that I've posted previous Mimosa tracks, in fact I may have already dedicated two posts to the Bay Area Dubstep master; but none of that is going to stop me from dedicating a third post to the man who puts his own unique spin on the Dubstep genre, helping it to break free from the chains of unoriginality and boring bass that many Dubstep DJ's hand out on a nightly basis.

First up is a little track titled Customs, it was released before the most recent Mimosa EP on one of those random compilation mixes that seem to pop up every other week in the Dubstep field. As with most good artists/DJ's/Producers they have their own unique sound that they build upon over time, and Mimosa is the perfect example. His original EP was like nothing I've ever heard before, and he continues to add new things to his one of a kind sound.

Nice little track there, short and sweet, it also at the time gave a little look into the new EP that was still yet to be released.

... and now that the EP has been released I can give you a second helping of originality. All the track off the new EP are worthy of being posted, but I know better than to waste time posting a ton of videos that no one is going to bother listening to.... or do I?

Fantastic track, when you're able to make an emotional dubstep track you're doing something right, and Mimosa has been adding double doses of emotion to his music since he first started. I've yet to be disappointed by a Mimosa release, and I doubt I ever will be.

Any fan of Dubstep knows that this thread is currently lacking the most popular Dubstep artist to date, for those who don't know I'm talking about Skrillex, who jumped onto the Dubstep scene late last year and has taken it by storm.

His sound is definitely more mainstream than any other dubstep artist to date, and it's clear that the mainstream has taken a bit of a liking to Skrillex. He certainly blurs the lines of your standard Dubstep track, taking his music to places other Dubstep producers have yet to venture into.

Skrillex still brings the heavy ass bass that has become a staple of the dubstep scene, but he also doesn't have a problem venturing out into other fields of electronic music.

Skrillex - Fucking Die - My Name is Skrillex EP​

This is about as close as Skrillex gets to the standard dubstep formula, it's easily recognizable as a dubstep track, yet it has something more to it, depending on when you came in on the song, you could easily mistake it for some other kind of experimental electronica.

Now for one of my favorite Skrillex tracks, it's almost hard to classify it as a dubstep track, but it does follow a few "rules" of dubstep, it's definitely more of a hybrid dubstep track, but it's part of the "mainstream" appeal that Skrillex has, but as I said, he's not your average dubstep artist.

Skrillex - With Your Friends - My Name Is Skrillex EP​

Big Gigantic - The World is Yours - The World is Your single​

Free release from Big Gigantic yesterday, and if your familiar with Big Gigantic then you're well aware that they're not dubstep producers, well, at least they weren't until they released this track yesterday.

Slightly ironic after my very last post talked about Skrillex expanding Dubstep into different genres and literally hours later Big Gigantic gives us their unique spin on dubstep. The heavy bass and audio clips are brand new to Big Gigantic, but the perfect beat and saxophone let you know you're right at home.

As always, all their music is completely free, just like this track right here, so if you like it, download it and bump the fuck out of it.

Bass Science - Slip N Slide - Slip N Slide EP

Just picked up this new Bass Science track thanks to a random email I received from the 1320 record label, I searched hard for a torrent but was out of luck, so I forked out the two bucks for the two original tracks on the EP, and the investment was a wise one.

Slip N Slide features some absolute funky ass rhythms and bass to match, it follows your standard dubstep formula, but differs enough to stand out from the crowd.

[/center]

The b side track is on the chillaxing side of things, less heavy bass, more classic dub, it also features a house/techno style sample instead of heavy bass during the drop, which is a trend I've noticed in recent upbeat dubstep tracks, but not so much in the downtempo ones. so it's nice to see something different. I liked the a-side track better, but the b-side may be more your thang, either way it was well worth the purchase.

I'm just gonna follow up with a classic Bass Science track, it's pretty much a completely different style of dubstep than the previous two tracks, old school dubstep if you will, which really isn't that old, but fuck it.

First track may very well be my overall favorite Bass Science track, it features all kinds of classic dub inspired sounds and samples; and this track is the perfect example of "wobbly bass" vs the more common "Whomp" or "Whomping" bass that is standard in most dubstep tracks. The Wobble around 3:30 is the some of the filthiest wobble you'll ever treat your ears to.

Bass Science - Transmissions From Planet Dub - Transmissions From Planet Dub - EP​

Leave it to SSC to pull off a dubstep thread and for me to find it MONTHS later. <3

I've been getting into dubstep lately, and it's mainly because of some gaming remixes that have been circulating around on some tumblr sites. Mainly, this one. Note: When Navi starts to belt out "listen", you may get pissed off, or you may freak out

And also, Skrillex. I got a friend that recommended me this guy, and basically, I've been listening to Reptile's Theme NON-STOP whilst playing MK incessantly.

Aww Yeeah! I was starting to worry that I was gonna be doomed to post dubstep track after dubstep track with no response; and out of nowhere Mr. Steve stops by (it's been far too long by the way) and drops mad knowledge with one of the illest MK remixes to ever be released.

That Zelda track is pimpin' some massive bass as well, good stuff Amigo!

Yes, sir! Trying to get back into the wrestling forum as it were, so what better way to get started on the Music thread? GOD, Skrillex is sick. Usually, people that I know just tend to be looking down on dubstep as it is, and I just tell them "you're listening to the wrong track, sir."

okay, fuck this. Mario dubstep right here. Is gaming going to have dubstep tracks in the future or something? Hopefully.

Very nice selections Steve, I love that Skrillex track, premium dubstep right there.

I was alerted to a new EP by Cookie Monsta today, well new to America anyways, The tracks have been out for more than a year depending on what itunes you have on your computer.

Anyways, I heard this track and knew I would be posting it here. The audio sample the use is from one of my favorite Sandler films, that being The Water Boy, and once you see the title you'll know right away. It's an upbeat track with wild ass bass, and it doesn't overuse the sample.

Cookie Monsta - You Can Do It

What the fu-? I just kept searching for dubstep songs and keep finding ones based on gaming :lmao: Yeah, going by whaty ou said, it's just bad when someone overuses the sample, and just has it reverberate in the mix every six seconds. It's a bit of an annoyance when you keep hearing the same shit over and over for about three minutes. I also detest when the drop isn't done right. It NEEDS to be something that sticks out and makes the song have at least SOMETHING that you can make wow people with it. Weak drops have no place in my ears.

Believe me, you two are not the only dubstep fans on this site. I LOVE DUBSTEP. My friend got me into around Christmas of 2009 and I fell in love with it. Rusko and Dub-Rex just blow my mind every day. I also love listening to dubstep remixes of other bands songs.

[YOUTUBE]Lgd9t0cMieQ&list=PL30D7103B9AEBD534[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]J_9833NZMnw&list=PL30D7103B9AEBD534[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]DiraeI3OtK0&list=PL30D7103B9AEBD534[/YOUTUBE]

Just a couple of dudes I've listened too lately.

Marty Party - Eggs and Toast - Purple

So just recently I came across the artist Marty Party while I was looking for a new Mimosa track, I ended up torrented his entire catalog, and then snagged a torrent of his newly released "Purple" album a couple days ago.

After finally getting around to listening to the new purple album I can say that even though the dubstep scene has become recently saturated with mainstream cheese and other nonsense, Marty Party manages to avoid such pitfalls as he combines rhythmic beats with heavy bass drops that are sure to satisfy those who've been lingering around the dubstep scene for more than a couple months.

The opening track on the purple album, the one posted above, entitled eggs and toast is what the kids would refer to as a "Banger", it's got enough bass to piss off your neighbors; and enough rhythm to where it doesn't sound like it was produced by a brain dead high school dj on his mac book.

I was going to set up a dubstep thread. Imagine my delight when i found out there already was one.

[YOUTUBE]2DO6Y9_5e7A[/YOUTUBE]
Bit of bloody beatroots to kick things off

[YOUTUBE]r1ATFedwjnk[/YOUTUBE]
massive drop at 1.00 such a tune

Ill be back with more later keep the banging tunes coming guys!

So I just found out about this artist Liquid Stranger and I have too say this is some of the trippiest and unique dubstep I have ever heard.

[YOUTUBE]K7rzX3WrfNk&list=PL30D7103B9AEBD534[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]yhnfTeLveak&feature=BFa&list=PL30D7103B9AEBD534&index=11[/YOUTUBE]

So I just found out about this artist Liquid Stranger and I have too say this is some of the trippiest and unique dubstep I have ever heard.

Liquid Stranger is definitely a mold breaker as far as the dubstep genre goes, I've been a fan of him for quite some time now, and I've heard a whole lot of dubstep over the years; and nobody ranges quite like Liquid Stranger. He can keep up with the heavy bass scene, and he pretty much dominates the roots dubstep scene, dude knows his stuff.

Here's a classic track off his Steel Trap EP, one of my favs.

Liquid Stranger - Deep Down Below - Steel Trap EP

I love the subtle bass on this track, a lesser used art in the dubstep field; but one when used properly is more effective than speaker busting bass. Just a super chillaxing, blunt and beer by the pool kinda track.

Here's a ridiculous track, the kinda shit AG was talking about, straight up asinine wobble on this track.

Liquid Stranger - Creepers Crawlers - The Private Riot

Here's another track off the MartyParty Purple album, I was originally going to add it to my last post; but I had to upload the video myself and was in no mood to wait around while it finished uploading.

MartyParty - It's What I Want - Purple​

Nothing too fancy here, though definitely better than the average dubstep track. One thing I really like about MartyParty tracks is the keyboard/piano work on some of the tracks, which is fresh ingredient as far as dubstep goes. He also doesn't limit himself to one style of bass, which helps with the whole repetitive thing (which in all actuality is just a myth spread by the untrained ear)

I torrented this bitch as well, so if anyone wants the hook up just shoot me a pm and I'll deliver the goods.

Just got around to downloading the new Skrillex EP, it mainly consists of big name remixes from the likes of Kaskade and other big names in the electronic/dubstep scene. I didn't stop by to talk about remixes though, as there's a couple of original tracks that really steal the show. My favorite being the opening track off the new ep, entitled first of the year. While there's not much innovation when compared to Skrillex's previous work, I wouldn't say that it's such a bad thing, he's clearly building on the sound he established on the my name is skrillex ep and I'd prefer that he refines his current sound before overhauling everything.

Skrillex - First of the Year (Equinox) - More Monsters and Sprites​

I've got the torrents if anyone wants em, just hit me up with a pm and I'll send them your way.

Joker - The Vision - Single

Just picked up the fresh new Joker track yesterday, now it's probably been out overseas for a year or so, but whatever, I'm used to it by now. The track itself is pretty good, though not great, especially when compared to the work Joker has released over the last 4 years or so. The track is definitely a good representation of the current dubstep scene, though I prefer the dubstep scene of old, it's nice to see some dubstep originals getting down on the new sound.

I'm not a huge fan of the genre by any means, but I do enjoy it greatly. I don't listen to it often but when I do there's always one song that I make it a point to listen to. The first dubstep song i've ever heard.

[YOUTUBE]YpAePSP-ni4[/YOUTUBE]

Fucking love this song and pretty much anything made by Excision. Easily my favorite dubstep artist.

Another artist I enjoy for sheer comedic purposes is Borgore. The songs he makes are fucking hilarious. Other than that, I don't listen to much dubstep. Excision is far and away my favorite and sorry if he's been posted. Didn't go through the entire thread.

Wow, awesome thread!! I recently got into Dubstep its an awesome genre. Datsik Duke Nuke "Em. Bassnectar "Pixies-Where is my mind". Terrabyte Frenzy Harry Potter theme. I wish I knew how to post the links, but they can all be found on youtube. I checked out some of the tracks in this thread and they are def dirty.
Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back