Domestic football - spam version

There wouldn't be a debate. They're both shit and aren't good enough to be in the premier league. The majority of the Celtic team that won the league about two years ago along with the SPL record goalscorer came about 16th in the Championship last season for Middlesbrough.

Gary Hooper went from bottom end of the championship with Scunthorpe to Celtics top scorer last season and their best striker in the last few years.
Celtics first choice goalie last season cant get a game at Newcastle.
Carlos Cuellar was Rangers best defender and was average for Aston Villa.
The championship is a better standerd of league then the SPL.
The championship is probably the best second tier league in the world though.

Gary Hooper went from bottom end of the championship with Scunthorpe to Celtics top scorer last season and their best striker in the last few years.
Celtics first choice goalie last season cant get a game at Newcastle.

Carlos Cuellar was Rangers best defender and was average for Aston Villa.
The championship is probably the best second tier league in the world though.

Yeah it's not like he started for Newcastle last night keeping a clean sheet or anything.

You also don't hear anyone saying he can't get a game at Liverpool.

Mainly because people are too busy talking about how we have overspent this summer(which we have). In fact he was supposed to go to sunderland as part of the henderson deal but talks broke down.
Hes barely played for dalglish at all since he took over and he wont next season either with suarez carrol rodriguez and kuyt all showing good goalscoring form at the end of last season.

Celtic & Rangers could survive in the Premiership, they'd also be ripe for takeover bids which would hopefully result in them being massive forces in the Premiership.

We would probably stay in the Premier League if we were to move down south but only just heck even 1 of us may go down

It's not just the supierior quality both of us would have to get used it's also the quckier style of play, in Scotland the style is usually slower and the tackling is tougher so there would be alot to get used to but like Jake has said both clubs would be a worthwile investment for a foreign tycoon

We would probably stay in the Premier League if we were to move down south but only just heck even 1 of us may go down

It's not just the supierior quality both of us would have to get used it's also the quckier style of play, in Scotland the style is usually slower and the tackling is tougher so there would be alot to get used to but like Jake has said both clubs would be a worthwile investment for a foreign tycoon

The big thing concerning Rangers and Celtic moving is that the money that lesser/all the other teams make from games against them would plummet, and shinty would probably replace football within 5 years.

The sectarianism shit would need to be sorted out before anyone fancies listening to Rangers and Celtic's ideas about moving south though. A least Hearts finally got rid of their sex offender so that's something :shrug:

This.

It has been for the last 5 years. IMO Rangers and Celtic would struggle to be mid table in the Championship. look at Middlesborough who took about 3-4 Celtic players last year and finished....12th. There is nothing exciting at all about the SPL.

John O'Shea's already been subbed for the mackems due to a suspected hamstring injury.

Little Pea concussed himself by getting a ball off the head and will now miss the Charity Shield match against Man City. Ironic that he made his impact with United in the Charity Shield last year by kicking the ball off his face!

Shame Benayoun couldn't have been the one to get concussed instead...

Stoke City are 1-0 up against Hadjuk Split at half-time in there qualifier, I imagine Jake will be happy

and Rangers lost 1-0 to Malmo on Tuesday in there Champions League qualifier and I haven't stopped laughing since

Oh and Aguero has joined Citeh for a fee of £38million

Stoke City are 1-0 up against Hadjuk Split at half-time in there qualifier, I imagine Jake will be happy

and Rangers lost 1-0 to Malmo on Tuesday in there Champions League qualifier and I haven't stopped laughing since

Oh and Aguero has joined Citeh for a fee of £38million

And who scored for Malmo? A fella named Larsson :)

Saw an interview with the Corinthians President today and it seems they may try and get Tevez in January if he hasn't moved on already by then. 7 strikers for City with an average cost of £22 million each; probably only Tevez and Aguero are understandable at above that price, Dzeko looks to have been a waste of money, Santa Cruz was great at a smaller club like Blackburn, Adebayor may still move to Real Madrid, Balotelli is a lot of trouble and Bellamy is Bellamy.

And who scored for Malmo? A fella named Larsson :)

Saw an interview with the Corinthians President today and it seems they may try and get Tevez in January if he hasn't moved on already by then. 7 strikers for City with an average cost of £22 million each; probably only Tevez and Aguero are understandable at above that price, Dzeko looks to have been a waste of money, Santa Cruz was great at a smaller club like Blackburn, Adebayor may still move to Real Madrid, Balotelli is a lot of trouble and Bellamy is Bellamy.

Man City just needs a strong manager... If it was for me I would have put all of them out. 3/4 are enough.

City played most games with a maximum of two strikers last season, and they currently have 7, of which Tevez and Adebayor have proven capable at that level, but wish to leave, Bellamy was capable 5 years ago and Balotelli is quite good, but a bigger liability than ice skates made out of fire. Aguero could be excellent, or go the way of Shevchenko, having never played in England and both Santa Cruz, and as I predicted, Edin Dzeko have proven totally arse. How you can spend 150 million quid and not get a single proven striker who isn't an ******** is beyond me.

Split fans put Stoke to shame last night. Out sung us with ease, all 300 of them. Well behaved for the most part as well, a few harmless flares went off and it only looked like they would kick off when one knob in the Stoke end decided to wave a Serb flag at them.

City played most games with a maximum of two strikers last season, and they currently have 7, of which Tevez and Adebayor have proven capable at that level, but wish to leave, Bellamy was capable 5 years ago and Balotelli is quite good, but a bigger liability than ice skates made out of fire. Aguero could be excellent, or go the way of Shevchenko, having never played in England and both Santa Cruz, and as I predicted, Edin Dzeko have proven totally arse. How you can spend 150 million quid and not get a single proven striker who isn't an ******** is beyond me.

Initially I thought Aguero would be a direct replacement for Tevez, but a part of me wonders if he was bought to try and keep Tevez at the club. Aguero may need time to settle into the League so having a fellow countryman up front with him could be the key factor in how quickly he settles down.
As Balotelli is under 23 he doesn't need to be named in the 25 man squad, am I right in thinking that?
Santa Cruz and Bellamy's high wages seem to be the sticking points for them moving on to another club, similarly with Tevez I suppose, but Cruz and Bellamy are both in their 30s now so are a much bigger and more expensive gamble for anyone wanting to sign them.
As much as I think he's a tool, Adebayor should probably be kept around if they go with 2 strikers so that they have a big target man up front who can hold up play if they are under the cosh. Due to his height, he could prove useful in getting more headed goals, I think they had one of if not the worst records for headed goals last season.

Berbatov could now be going to PSG "within a month" according to SkySportsNews.

Indeed it is Jake, hard to tell that to Newcastle fans though!

I have to agree with Fergie when he says 84 points will be enough to win the Premier League this season. I'm predicting that (barring miracles) Arsenal will fall out of the Top 4 this season or next season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back