Do you miss the Championship Scramble match?

Radical

Championship Contender
Apparently the WWE doesn't miss it AT ALL because it was taken completely out of WWE 2k14 and hasn't been done in more than a few years, I think 2008.

Here's a match where you 5 Superstars are included in total but 2 start out, and every 5 minutes another Superstar enters then once all 5 Superstars are in the match a certain amount of time must pass until the match is over but during that time anytime someone scores a pinfall or submission they become a Interim Champion! Whoever is the Champion at the end of the time limit becomes the Official Champion.

What a SUPERB match type for creating fast paced ACTION and EMOTION. And isn't that what we want to see?

I'll give credit where credit is due, Bleacher Report did a good article on this but I want to give the topic more light and conversation.

I think WWE got rid of this match type much too soon and I really, really hope they come back to this sometime in the not-too-distant future. I mean, dammit, there is still a Hell in a Cell PPV which is damn boring now because it has been done so much and has no real meaning behind it anymore.

Some could say that about a Championship Scramble match but I would beg to differ.

The Championship Scramble match, I believe, is a great way of testing out potential 'Top Stars' with the fans to see how they react to the idea of them being the Champion. If this match was around when Ryback came into WWE I think it could have saved his status. Imagine Ryback in the WWE Championship match with CM Punk back in 2011 but him along with others, of course. But Ryback could go in and get a bunch of pinfalls and be Interim WWE Champion many times before eventually losing to CM Punk. In that time he could get pin falls over former Champions and show he has a certain level of dominance so even if he didn't Officially win the Title he still showed 'he could'.

The Championship Scramble match makes it so there is no time for pointless chin locks and too much pretending to be out cold outside the ring (that happens so often in other multi-man matches like Triple Threats, Fatal 4 Ways and even Elimination Chamber matches) because time is of the ESSENCE!

Also, talk about a great match to have at a PPV like "Night of Champions". For the show all about having every title on the line what better way to make each Champion look great than to have 4 other Superstars battling it out for their Championship?

Honestly, I'd just be happy if WWE gave me more than a handful of multi-man PPV matches (not including tag team matches) a year.

Singles matches are damn boring when they are the same guys going at it OVER and OVER and OVER again. Honestly, John Cena vs Randy Orton at Royal Rumble? Doesn't matter if both of them are proven performers or if they MIGHT pull out one or two new moves than you have seen before because you have seen those two GUYS match up a bazillion times already. But if that match had even 1 other guy who hasn't faced Orton or Cena before (or many times before) it would make that match MUCH more interesting. Why do you think the Royal Rumble is so interesting to people? Because there is A LOT of different wrestlers that can interact and make new and interesting situations. WWE forgets that far too often.

But I digress...

The point is: Do you miss the Championship Scramble match?

If yes, why? If no, why?

Apparently the WWE doesn't miss it AT ALL because it was taken completely out of WWE 2k14 and hasn't been done in more than a few years, I think 2008.

Here's a match where you 5 Superstars are included in total but 2 start out, and every 5 minutes another Superstar enters then once all 5 Superstars are in the match a certain amount of time must pass until the match is over but during that time anytime someone scores a pinfall or submission they become a Interim Champion! Whoever is the Champion at the end of the time limit becomes the Official Champion.

What a SUPERB match type for creating fast paced ACTION and EMOTION. And isn't that what we want to see?

I'll give credit where credit is due, Bleacher Report did a good article on this but I want to give the topic more light and conversation.

I think WWE got rid of this match type much too soon and I really, really hope they come back to this sometime in the not-too-distant future. I mean, dammit, there is still a Hell in a Cell PPV which is damn boring now because it has been done so much and has no real meaning behind it anymore.

Some could say that about a Championship Scramble match but I would beg to differ.

The Championship Scramble match, I believe, is a great way of testing out potential 'Top Stars' with the fans to see how they react to the idea of them being the Champion. If this match was around when Ryback came into WWE I think it could have saved his status. Imagine Ryback in the WWE Championship match with CM Punk back in 2011 but him along with others, of course. But Ryback could go in and get a bunch of pinfalls and be Interim WWE Champion many times before eventually losing to CM Punk. In that time he could get pin falls over former Champions and show he has a certain level of dominance so even if he didn't Officially win the Title he still showed 'he could'.

The Championship Scramble match makes it so there is no time for pointless chin locks and too much pretending to be out cold outside the ring (that happens so often in other multi-man matches like Triple Threats, Fatal 4 Ways and even Elimination Chamber matches) because time is of the ESSENCE!

Also, talk about a great match to have at a PPV like "Night of Champions". For the show all about having every title on the line what better way to make each Champion look great than to have 4 other Superstars battling it out for their Championship?

Honestly, I'd just be happy if WWE gave me more than a handful of multi-man PPV matches (not including tag team matches) a year.

Singles matches are damn boring when they are the same guys going at it OVER and OVER and OVER again. Honestly, John Cena vs Randy Orton at Royal Rumble? Doesn't matter if both of them are proven performers or if they MIGHT pull out one or two new moves than you have seen before because you have seen those two GUYS match up a bazillion times already. But if that match had even 1 other guy who hasn't faced Orton or Cena before (or many times before) it would make that match MUCH more interesting. Why do you think the Royal Rumble is so interesting to people? Because there is A LOT of different wrestlers that can interact and make new and interesting situations. WWE forgets that far too often.

But I digress...

The point is: Do you miss the Championship Scramble match?

If yes, why? If no, why?

Only for the lower mid card titles. It would devalue the Heavyweight championship too much.

I don't miss it at all. It's a stupid match type and incredibly complicated. WWE has not done this match type in many years, and I personally hope it never comes back. I give them credit for trying something new but the championship scramble matches were just too strange. I could understand bringing scramble matches back for a #1 contendership match, but not for a title match. Even then it would still be dumb. It's honestly not worth bringing back ever. Leave it in the past where it belongs.

I loved the Scramble Match from day one and I never understood why people had a problem with it. The title wasn't changing hands a dozen times per match like some people seem to think, and I think the Scramble provided some really interesting and fast-paced matches. There were only four of them in history and I think it's a shame they don't use it once in a while. It makes sense for a title match and could also be used to determine a #1 Contender. I have NO problem with the Scramble Match and would love to see it return one day.

I thought it was a fun concept. Still do. But it's unsuitable for the World title. But I'll take a scramble match for a midcard title or a number 1 contendership any day.

I thought they were good fun. WWE overdid it by having three on the same show, but it was an enjoyable concept.

I agree, it's not a world title match concept. However, I do think it's a good #1 contender gimmick. It'd show how important it is each wrestler just to get a shot at one of the big belts.

It's not that difficult to understand. The last guy to score a pinfall before the time is up, is the winner. How is that difficult?

Its a fun match that I always enjoyed. But since I really havent thought about it being gone, no I wouldnt say I miss it. I wouldnt mind it being brought back if the title picture has a lot of viable contenders though.

I don't miss it at all. It's a stupid match type and incredibly complicated. WWE has not done this match type in many years, and I personally hope it never comes back. I give them credit for trying something new but the championship scramble matches were just too strange. I could understand bringing scramble matches back for a #1 contendership match, but not for a title match. Even then it would still be dumb. It's honestly not worth bringing back ever. Leave it in the past where it belongs.

Other than 5 year olds, who in the world could this be complicated to? It couldn't be any simpler if they tried. You simply have two people start out, and in intervals a new competitor wins. Each time someone gets a pin, they're the "current" champion. Whoever's champion at the end of the match, gets the title... Not that confusing. But okay.

--

I for one miss this match. It was something different, and other than CM Punk's first World title, it's the best thing to come out of the Adamle Era. I wouldn't mind it getting its own PPV like the Rumble, Chamber, and HIAC. Who knows, maybe they can put it on Night of Champions for one of the mid-card titles or even the World title if they can build legit contenders for it. Either way, it's a nice concept to go with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back