• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you believe in Abortions? (Touchy Subject)

In the case that a woman was raped i believe abortions should be allowed but if its someone who decides i just dont feel like taking care of a kid it shouldnt be allowed. Their are other options for those who aren't responsible enough such as putting the child up for adoption or having people around you like family help you out with the child.

I am pro-choice all the way.

In Scotland and the UK, there is a high rate of teenage pregnancy and it would send the country into turmoil if the teenagers just decided to hold on to the children they could not look after when they are born. Teenagers are stupid for the most part and if they are too stupid to wear protection when they are having sex, then they are already too stupid to raise a child, in my view. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to be able to put a condom on but it does take so much more to be a good parent. At the end of the day, these teenagers are just kids themselves and shouldn’t be having kids of their own.

Now, I realise that it is not just the teenagers of this world that are getting pregnant without planning for it but teenagers these days seem to the most sensationalised. It causes them to drop out of school and pretty mush kills any aspirations they might have for a future career with good money and a solid job. I find it hard to think of people being parents when they still have a bedtime themselves and without the chance of abortion, then the future is taken away from these poor kids.

I also don’t think that a baby is a baby until it is fully formed enough to enter the world. It may be a life but it feels no pain if it aborted and wont hold a grudge, trust me. You may feel guilty for a while but when you abort a child you are not ready for, your future is given back to you.

I have seen my sister struggle with life after falling pregnant. She now has two kids and has never had a job in her life. She left school when she was 16 and has since become a lay-about with no chance of getting back into work or schooling. Her future is as a mother and whilst that may be good enough for some people, It wouldn’t be enough for me. I need work and I loved school. I have a great chance of work and am already a manager in a nationwide company at the age of 20. Does anyone think that I would have gotten to the same place if I had had a baby at the age of 17? Of course not. My future is open to me because I have been smart enough to wear protection.

Now, on the general topic of abortion, I see no problem with it. I don’t think it is a case of punishing the people for their stupidity and their failings. A lot of people would say that they got themselves into this mess so it is your duty to raise the kids. I don’t subscribe to this view. I think that a child is a huge responsibility and only the most responsible of people should have kids. If you can barely look after yourself enough that you fall pregnant, then you cannot look after a kid. Fact!

The while topic of abortion is only touchy because of religion and guilt. Religion says that we shouldn’t abort a child and that every life is sacred. When people abort unborn foetuses (and that is what they are), they feel guilty. Both of these are tied together. I am not religious in any way and I rarely feel guilt for anything. It doesn’t make me heartless, it just makes me smart. My career comes first and if a girlfriend of mine had fallen pregnant, I would have pushed for her to abort.

I believe in choice. I think if a woman was raped, of they are unfit to be a parent they can get an abortion if they choose to. Coming from someone who is about to be a father and I'm only 23, I think everyone has the right to choose. I didn't know what to think when my girlfriend told me she was pregnant, and I thought abortion was an option, but I knew that I wanted a kid, and I have a good enough life and I'm stable financially, I think I can handle a kid. Now if I were a guy who was in poverty and struggled to pay the bills, my girlfriend would get an abortion. Some people shouldn't have kids, and alot of those people keep the kids, and as a result kids are born into poverty and have terrible lives. If a rich family is going to have a child, but they don't want one, they can still have an abortion because it's their choice. I think that a child deserves to be born, but if someone doesn't want the child, they don't have to have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back