• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Diva Heel Turn?

"Cool Guy" Jensen

Undertaker for Champ!
So, I'm watching Raw on youtube, and I came across something. I noticed something in the first match of the night. The first match was a ''Six-Diva Tag Team'' match with new Diva's Champion Mickie James, Kelly Kelly, and Gail Kim go against Beth Phoenix, Rosa Mendes, and Alicia Fox.

Near the close of the match, while Mickie is trying to fend off an attack from Alicia Fox, Gail Kim tags herself into the match, later going on to win it. If you look at Mickie James' face after the match, you can tell that she doesn't look as cheerful and happy as she usually does after a win. If you ask me, I'd say that Mickie seemed a bit pissed by Gail Kim's actions.

So, I want to know... will this lead to a heel turn for one of these two divas or am I just looking too much into it? I mean, Maryse seems that she will be out for a while because of her re-injured kneecap from December. We've seen Mickie and Beth Phoenix fued a lot since last year. I don't see Alicia Fox or Rosa Mendes becoming a major threat to the title. Kelly Kelly isn't a very good wrestler if you ask me. And WWE doesn't do face vs. face diva matches very often, so I expect a heel turn for one of them.

Either Mickie can take out some type of frustration out on Mickie James. Or maybe Gail Kim can attack Mickie in an attempt to show that she wants that Diva's Championship. I'm just saying.

Thoughts?

I don't think it'll come to one of them turning heel. We haven't really seen much of Gail as a face, and Mickie is probably the only other face diva that's actually capable of having a good match.

I hope that neither of them turn. However, I do hope that this lines up Gail for a title shot.

It's possible. I did read something on WZ that Gail Kim may turn heel in the not too distant future but again, could just be a rumor.

Gail deserves to be in the title hunt though, I'd actully be keen to see a feud between Kim and James. Wow, did I just say I was keen for a diva's feud??

Interesting scenario there cool_guy... but for I hope for the sake of the women's division that neither go to the heel side. Gail Kim just got back into the swing of things within the WWE & turning her heel is probably stupid. She has plenty of opportunities in fueding with all the heel diva's at the moment. But if she doesnt get over with the crowd soon that might have to be the case.

If it has to be the case where one diva turns, it has to be Mickie James. All her heel competition left is on SmackDown in the form of Michelle McCool & Natalya Neidhart, but I dont see Mickie moving shows just yet. It would be nice to see her turn but Mickie is the Cena of women's wrestling, you either leave her as a face or create a well-planned storyline to turn her into a monster heel [similar to what the WWE is attempting with Michelle]. Since I dont see the RAW creative team caring about the RAW divas, I do not see it happening... however turning the Cena of the womens division into the Orton or Rampaging Kane of the womens division would be awesome. She can pull off the heel character which no diva likes to be with [heel or face].

My instincts tell me you are looking into the scenario too much... then again, anything can happen in WWE! Anyone for a long Kim vs. James fued??? If this happens & is played out well, it is certainly getting a review from the FECS device!

wow i hope not. because these two are entertaining as hell to watch wrestle. but with the top Heel injured this could pose a problem unless Beth comes back again. Gail needs the fans and Mickie is the top diva draw so it would be stupid to turn either one of them. but they could bring somebody over from Smackdown or ECW

I don't think it was Gail Kim that Mickie was glaring at. At the beginning (and end) of the match, Beth Phoenix was glaring at Mickie looking at the title.

I have to say, I was thinking the exact same thing last night when I saw the 6 Diva tag. When Gail blind tagged herself into the match and after the tag was made and after the match was over, Mickie didn't look too thrilled. I would definitely expect them to feud for the Diva's title, but not necessarily one of them being a heel.

I think the original poster came up with a concise, well-thought out idea, but seriously, does anything that happens in the Divas division really mean anything to anyone? The Divas are a horrible sideshow and are no match for the TNA Knockouts. The TV-PG rating keeps us from caring about the Divas. I say more swimsuit contests and less wrestling from them. If you have to have a champion, put the belt on Beth Phoenix. She's the best female wrestler on either show and doesn't deserve what she's been handed the last 6 months.

Who really cares about Divas wrestling? No one.

I think the original poster came up with a concise, well-thought out idea, but seriously, does anything that happens in the Divas division really mean anything to anyone? The Divas are a horrible sideshow and are no match for the TNA Knockouts. The TV-PG rating keeps us from caring about the Divas. I say more swimsuit contests and less wrestling from them. If you have to have a champion, put the belt on Beth Phoenix. She's the best female wrestler on either show and doesn't deserve what she's been handed the last 6 months.

Who really cares about Divas wrestling? No one.

Firstly, I have seen a lot of horrible sideshows in wrestling... Hornswoggle vs. Chavo for once. Some diva's may not match to the caliber to some of the TNA KnockOuts, but others do. TNA has Talyor Wilde & Raisha Saeed, but WWE has got plenty more. Oh, the PG-rating era is actually allowing the diva's to showcase themselves as wrestlers more than being a piece of meat. It's ohkay to wrestle in weird get ups like Kelly used to do, but thats it. The whole reason why people dont care anymore is because of the consistent use of women as display models.

Secondly, I agree with the Beth comment though, very well spotted.

Thirdly, I CARE ABOUT DIVAS WRESTLING SO YOU'RE WRONG! That's 1 for 3 in my book. If you want to bash diva's or talk about them, there is now the OFFICIAL Women of Wrestling WWE Diva's Thread in the WWE Forums. I may not have created it, but I will damn sure try to keep it alive. Please, go there & talk about it... I will be glad to discuss.

Whoa now let's calm down...I'm going to defend the divas...don't get me wrong I'd much rather see them in bikinis then in the ring competing but it could be worse...the divas and knockouts are both better wrestlers than 1980s womens wrestling...ever seen a Fabulous Moolah match? Hairpulling and slapping was the only offense

Now to my point...what happened to Mickie James being crazy? Why does this happen? It happened to Victoria too, they just all of a sudden get normal. I thought Mickie worked as a nutcase so maybe they could somehow figure out how to get her back to that

couple points i want to make and i apologize if its a bit all over the place:

1. gail kim works better as a heel but she is just fresh back into WWE so turning her so soon might not work but then again her first debut in WWE saw her win the womens championship in a battle royal in her FIRST MATCH

2. i loved mickie as the psycho she did an amazing job at pulling it off put with raw in its PG era, the days of watching beautiful mickie making out with trish stratus are over, the crazy gimmick would not work as well although it is my favorite mickie phase

3. since maryse is out with a knee injury, they are going to need a competent female heel and i think gail would work if she had been in WWE a bit longer plus we have seen mickie as a face for a while now

4. in the divas division WWE has been trying to focus more on the women figure in the wrestlers, and straying away from the muscular more built divas, because of this i dont think beth phoenix will be put into another title feud right now

If u watched Monday night Raw whn Gail, Mickie and Kelly D Beth, Rosa and Alicia and paid attention to the last seconds of the match, you could notice the tension between Gail and Mickie as Gail tagged in and got the win on Alicia w/o the yes from Mickie. I know just by the move by Gail that Mickie will turn heel soon or Gail will turn Heel soon and compete w. each other for the championship!!:lol: That is a match i cannot wait 4 woowoowoo...

either mickie or gail will have to turn heel,i think Gail kim would be the safer choice,mickie just won the divas title so turning her heel just because of a little blindtag is kinda stupid,she still has no motive.Gail kim on the other hand does want the divas title so attacking mickie would leave a big message saying that she wants the title

I say turn gail heel if WWE plans on turning any diva heel

I taught the same thing too when I saw this match but, I really don't know if their going to infact turn one of these divas heel. Gail just returned so I doubt they'll turn her heel. Mickie's the Superface of the show.But I would like Mickie to be heel. But I doubt WWE's gonna make something out of this. WWE's just focusing on bikini stuff now. I don't think WWE's gonna pay this too much attention.

I don't believe anything is going to come out of it. I would like to see Gail become heel but I would wait for a while. You can have Mickie and Kelly as the faces and Beth Phoenix and Gail Kim as the heels. That would be one of the best options in my opinion.

I really like where this is going. I would like to see one of two matches next for Mickie James.

Scenario 1. Mickie James vs. Michelle McCool for the Undisputed Women’s / Divas Title. Considering that they are the only WWE Females in history to hold both the Women’s and Divas Title, and the fact that both Divisions in this “Conference” kind of sucks, why not unify them like the Tag Titles. Someone like Michelle could really use the heat garnered from cheating her way to holding both Straps. Who knows, an alliance with Jericho and Show could do wonders for Michelle in the long run. Can you picture a Heel Stable led by Y2J called Team Undisputed?? The first Undisputed WWE / WCW Champion, the first man to hold the WWE, WCW and ECW Titles, together right now as the Undisputed WWE World Tag Team Champions, with the first Undisputed WWE Women’s / Divas Champion. Think about it the heat.

Scenario 2. Gail Kim faces Mickie James and becomes the first Woman to hold the Women’s, Divas and Knockouts Title and joins Team Undisputed. I know that Gail’s Knockouts Title won’t be recognized, but we all will.

Either way, I like the current program.

Mickie James needs to focus on changing her in ring attire, instead of turning heel (althought she was a lot better as the crazy stalker) The "Diva's Division" on Raw is horrible. I'd bet good money if Maryse's knee wasnted fucked up she wouldnt of dropped the title on Sunday.

I don't think Mickie could turn heel in a program with Beth, seeing as Beth is a heel. Beth was a great heel up until that whole Santina/Santino story line. They ruined her for 4 months with that shit. They also brought in another worthless Diva in Rosa Mendez, ugh terrible, because we dont have enough of them in the WWE.

[115]FalKon;1254017 said:
Firstly, I have seen a lot of horrible sideshows in wrestling... Hornswoggle vs. Chavo for once. Some diva's may not match to the caliber to some of the TNA KnockOuts, but others do. TNA has Talyor Wilde & Raisha Saeed, but WWE has got plenty more. Oh, the PG-rating era is actually allowing the diva's to showcase themselves as wrestlers more than being a piece of meat. It's ohkay to wrestle in weird get ups like Kelly used to do, but thats it. The whole reason why people dont care anymore is because of the consistent use of women as display models.

Secondly, I agree with the Beth comment though, very well spotted.

Thirdly, I CARE ABOUT DIVAS WRESTLING SO YOU'RE WRONG! That's 1 for 3 in my book. If you want to bash diva's or talk about them, there is now the OFFICIAL Women of Wrestling WWE Diva's Thread in the WWE Forums. I may not have created it, but I will damn sure try to keep it alive. Please, go there & talk about it... I will be glad to discuss.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, so I am not wrong. There is a very small percentage of people (including yourself) that care about and want to see development in the Divas division. I, personally, think the Divas are a waste of valuable time on Raw and Smackdown. I would rather see mid carders develop and engage in storylines of some sort. No one, including you, is buying PPVs for the Diva or Women's Title Match. If you are, you are severely disappointed in the purchase, as there are 6-7 matches better on every PPV card. Frankly speaking, it is a waste of my time to argue the validity of the Divas division, as I will never care who has that toy belt. I just needed to vent yesterday about the Divas division, as there are too many posts about Divas "wrestling."

This could be another clue that Mickie James may be turning heel. During the Divas Championship match against Gail Kim on Raw, when Mickie went to go for the "Mickie-DT" on Gail, I believe she botched it. But the commentators made it seem like Gail Kim actually blocked it, causing Mickie to have to go for the "Roundhouse Kick" and the win. If you saw the look on Mickie James' face after the match, she didn't exactly look happy at all. Maybe this was actually scripted, to result in the heel turn. Maybe... but it could have also been a botch.

Mickie James needs to focus on changing her in ring attire, instead of turning heel (althought she was a lot better as the crazy stalker)

That is what she needs to do, Mickie the psycho. Have it as its MY TIME... and go crazy heel. Psych it up for a PPV with Gail talking to a blond in the corners. Hell they could get as a 3-4 month run up for a PPV

This could be another clue that Mickie James may be turning heel. During the Divas Championship match against Gail Kim on Raw, when Mickie went to go for the "Mickie-DT" on Gail, I believe she botched it. But the commentators made it seem like Gail Kim actually blocked it, causing Mickie to have to go for the "Roundhouse Kick" and the win. If you saw the look on Mickie James' face after the match, she didn't exactly look happy at all. Maybe this was actually scripted, to result in the heel turn. Maybe... but it could have also been a botch.

cool guy that was a botch, in the match it seemed after gail did the body splash she hit her head. i heard reports she suffered a concussion from it. When Mickie went for the kick gail kim did not sell she just stood their lost :lol: which was pretty funny by the way.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, so I am not wrong. There is a very small percentage of people (including yourself) that care about and want to see development in the Divas division. I, personally, think the Divas are a waste of valuable time on Raw and Smackdown. I would rather see mid carders develop and engage in storylines of some sort. No one, including you, is buying PPVs for the Diva or Women's Title Match. If you are, you are severely disappointed in the purchase, as there are 6-7 matches better on every PPV card. Frankly speaking, it is a waste of my time to argue the validity of the Divas division, as I will never care who has that toy belt. I just needed to vent yesterday about the Divas division, as there are too many posts about Divas "wrestling."

I, for one, am optimistic about the WWE in securing its future by building up the next plethora of superstars. They need to pay attention to the midcard division & build up the rankings. This is the only thing that you said right here in this post.

Women's wrestling in the WWE is a skewed point at the moment. They have girls like Gail Kim, Beth Phoenix, Natalya & Mickie James that can wrestle match & do so very well without botching most of the way. Pitting these girls in matches & feuds always equals something special for many to tune into the division. It's much like the Mickie/Trish feud, these girls generated a year long storyline & a lot of fan interest in the E, something unprecedented for the division.

There are never too many posts for the diva's division. There isn't enough as most of the people here tend to stick to other issues as most of the discussion will be invaded by those who have a lack of knowledge in the diva's division & post crap that it sucks completely. Some posters on this site, including myself, Echelon & Rebecca embrace women's wrestling & take an interest as many other respected posters do with the males division. Yes we are the small percentage, but we like not to be negative about anything & take a neutral, analytical approach to things.

For the record, I would fork out the money for a Diva's DVD anyday. I also respect & understand people's arguments. Doesnt mean I can debate & disagree with them?

As for the Diva Heel Turn, it seems to me that a future Gail Kim heel turn is in the works as she is not doing well with connecting to the crowd. She is getting decent pops with her wrestling skills, but not as a face. If she turns heel, she can easily get the fans to look at her a legit threat as she as the looks & can pull off the heel persona as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back