Disney bought Fox

Discussion in 'The GSD - General Spam Discussion' started by Big Nick Dudley, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Big Nick Dudley

Or at least some of it. The important parts. Heads can now officially explode.

2. Kodo Sawaki

Kodo Sawaki Championship Contender

Big Evil Disney. Soon they will have whole movie industry in their hands. Buhaha, buhahahaha, buhahahaha. :devil:

Joking aside, its a nice move. Fox managed to destroy F4 and some other properties they got their hands into so it could be nice move for Disney to revive some of them. X Men, Fantastic 4, Deadpool are all now owned by Disney and can be official part of MCU.

Also they now got Alien, Avatar, Die Hard, Kingsman, Home Alone, as well as some movies like Titanic and Independence Day not to mention series rights like The Simpson or X Files. That is some major purchase there. :eek:

3. Big Nick Dudley

They should immediately scrap this Venom movie shit and make Tom Hardy the new Wolverine. Won't happen, but it should. I don't care what Sony or whoever owns whatever says.

4. Y 2 Jake

Y 2 Jake Slightly Autistic

So more identikit Marvel movies

A11oftheLights likes this.
  5. George Steele's Barber

George Steele's Barber Advertise Here $9.95/month

I heard on CNBC that Fox was struggling to find young hot actresses to sexually denigrate in today's environment while Disney feels that the purchase will help them achieve more power and therefore be better suited to sexually denigrate the actresses of today and tomorrow.

When Fox was asked how this sale will help them in the sexually denigration business, they replied that $50+ billion can pay off a lot of accusers and purchase a lot of prostitutes.

Most Wall Street analysts are calling this a win-win for both organizations.

Note: I'm sorry if this offends anyone. There is just a cynical part of me that feels like there may some truth in my ridiculousness. I don't like this sale but I understand it. Streaming is hurting traditional entertainment just like Amazon is hurting retail. The industry is going to have to retract or innovate to survive.

6. Dave

Dave Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

I didn't realise Hulu was owned by Fox until today. It'll be interesting to see how Disney uses that property, amongst others. The potential for them to step into the streaming media market is now well and truly established. A rebrand and who knows what damage could do to Netflix with their extensive back catalogue of films and TV.

7. Rainbow Yaz

Rainbow Yaz Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
    E-Fed Mod

I actually didn't know they owned it either, I just thought they had some exclusive deal with Fox to air their shows.

With the news recently that Disney wants to start their own streaming service and will be pulling their works from Netflix soon, this may all serve as a bit of a rebrand of Hulu. They already have some of the older Disney movies on Hulu, so it may not be a huge deal to transition the rest over.

8. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. Kamehamehaaaaa!!

It's safe to say that Disney now owns half of Hollywood. Like, literally. And the fact that they will keep making Marvel movies for the next 20 years (without rebooting the current MCU).

9. Pika

Pika Pre-Show Stalwart

It might be even more to be honest.

10. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. Kamehamehaaaaa!!

more years or more Hollywood?

11. Pika

Pika Pre-Show Stalwart

The latter, but possibly both Lol.

12. Kodo Sawaki

Kodo Sawaki Championship Contender

27% to be exact. WB has 15%, Sony 12%, Universal 11%, Paramount about 10% and rest is small movie studios. So its more then quarter. :)

13. JGlass

JGlass Unregistered User

Can't wait for that cooky bunch of cut-ups known as the X-Men to find a way to put aside their differences and work together to save the world from a seemingly unbeatable evil by using the power of friendship.

14. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Rear Naked Bloke

Hey, you didn't like Days of Future Past. You're why this is happening. You and you alone.

15. JGlass

JGlass Unregistered User

I thought DoFP was decent. It was AoA that I thought was dog shit.

16. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Rear Naked Bloke

Oh yeah, that was dogshit. I guess I share some of the blame.