Daniel Bryan's Return To Wrestling

Foley and Austin aren't vegetables on a wheelchair and they both probably had miles just as hard or even harder than Daniel Bryan.

Sigh. NOT ALL CONCUSSIONS ARE THE SAME. Foley has stated that he does have a lot of problems. You could have 100 and be fine or you could have 1 and be a vegetable. It all depends.

Something tells me WWE is being a lot more cautious than any other doctor or practice. Isn't the doctor for WWE's concussion testing the same one depicted in the Will Smith film Concussion. Something tells me that movie might has something to do with him being extra careful with clearing people.

Weird, you'd think this would be applauded. Christian and Graves both had to retire so this isn't something fishy.

Listen every doctor has said he was ok except wwe's. When Kurt Angle left wwe in 2006 everyone said he shouldn't wrestle because he'd end up in a wheelchair. 11 years later he is walking fine. If Bryan wants to wrestle after he is free from wwe, then I say power to him. Besides I miss the American Dragon Bryan Danielson.

Kurt was going to basically die because of his drug abuse. Situations aren't comparable at all. Concussions are still not fully understood so it would make sense that doctors disagree on this.

Lol where are the people that said Brie would convince Bryan not to wrestle cause of their kid. The way I see it is this, if Bryan legitimately has as bad as brain issues as people say it is than 1) no doctor will even consider clearing him and 2) Brie wouldn't encourage him to go against wwe and risk his life.

Again, concussions are not fully understood so it would make sense that there would be a difference of opinion. She is probably tired of fighting him and sees how much it hurts him not to wrestle. So I think she is saying this more out of a fine you win instead of you're 100% healthy.

If VKM and Kevin Dunn were not into "Lookism", DBry would have been in the ring eons ago. The minute DBry steps into the ring, he becomes the de facto face of the company. This would have done serious damage to the promotion of Roman Reigns. They would have encouraged him to adapt a "Miz-type" style so he would not get hurt. But, bringing DBry back in a wrestling capacity would hurt Roman Reigns, the superhero from Central Casting.

LOL. Yeah Bryan being gone helped Reigns so much. I mean no way they could have put Bryan in the undercard or would have eventually changed their minds on Bryan being under Reigns. No way for the two to exist at once...except that one time they did....and they faced each other...and everything worked out fine...and no one chanted for Bryan during Reigns vs Lesnar...

I hope against all hope that Bryan and the WWE both vehemently stick to their guns; leading to Bryan's exit from the company after his contract expires, and opening the door for him to enter New Japan Pro Wrestling as an active roster member.

I hope he turns into Benoit as well. Cause fuck safety and health. I NEED SUM 6 STAR MATCHES DAMMIT.

Interesting video about the Concussion testing

[YOUTUBE]cyf2eldJkK4[/YOUTUBE]

Apparently the Concussion testing DB failed was based on the standards you put to a MMA fighter.

Thing is WWE doesn't see themselves as a sport but entertainment so shouldn't DB pass based on the latter standards.

They pass themselves off as entertainment because of taxes.

Problem here is they are using two sets of Standards when they see fit. They want to be called entertainment when it suits them and yet they want to be called sports when it comes to things like in this issue and other things.

Entertainment for tax purposes.

Thing is thought DB did pass the tests it's just the WWE doctor, who may or may not have ulterior motives, and the NYC test which apparently exaggerated DB's result.

Or who found something that may or may not be bad because concussions are not fully understood. Finding something on the brain usually isn't a great thing.

In any event if WWE can allow Foley to continue for 2 more years after KOTR 98, I don't see why they can't let DB wrestle part time?

How in the blue hell does this seem like a logical statement to you? Knowledge about concussions being dangerous wasn't really known back then. Part-time doesn't protect Bryan from his concussions.

If I was Daniel Bryan I would rather have a steady income being the GM on SmackDown Live than working in front of 500-1000 fans on a Indy show risking another concussion for a Indy payday.

I'm all for Daniel Bryan returning to the ring if he has a reduced schedule and is working a safer style such as eliminating the diving head butt and the suicide dive. I've hated the diving head butt ever since Dynamite Kid ended up in the wheelchair. He has a big responsibility as a father to his baby daughter. Hell, I'd be fine with it if he only wrestled like Shane does at certain PPVs. That way he's wrestling dream match opponents for those special occasions. I definitely see him wrestling AJ Styles, Kevin Owens and Shinsuke Nakamura. It would have been cool to see him face Hideo Itami, but seeing how Itami hasn't been progressing well in NXT with the injuries and stuff, the aforementioned three opponents would be just perfect. If it was a perfect world, there'd be a match between Daniel Bryan and Kurt Angle before it's too late for either. I don't want to see Daniel Bryan going over to NJPW and ROH, because he's already been there and the style was even more reckless than in WWE. I only see major red flags there.

Concussions are a bitch, believe me I have had 3 major ones in my life... the second was the disabling one and that's for life... not just for a little while.

It took 9 years to be able to do a similar job to what I had when it happened and 5 to even be able to drive... even now they are looking closely as to whether to take my license...

Now translate that to Daniel Bryan... who has likely had hundreds more concussions than me AND a neck injury to boot. Even if his symptoms aren't the same as mine, the concerns would be the same. He'd have to be cleared by the DMV more regularly, he'd have more trouble getting insurance, as would any employer of his and if there is ANY chance it could have affected his timing in the ring then he cannot be allowed to risk another talent... just as if they decide I can't drive anymore I have to accept it... only takes a split second and someone is dead.

WWE are not saints in this... the concussion lawsuit eventually will cost them and see them lose, maybe not this iteration but eventually one name will join it and tip it over the edge. WWE is desperately fighting it cos they saw what happened to the NFL and the hit would be far deeper on them financially, but it's an inevitablity not a possibility. WWE lets Bryan wrestle, it comes far quicker and HE might end up being the name that joins and tips it...

The "...but you signed a waiver..." doesn't count... If you are impaired then it's not YOUR call to make/sign away. If WWE lets him wrestle, then they may as well pay the lawsuit now.

With the concussion lawsuit looming I see no way the WWE would open themselves to essentially admitting they knew wrestlers suffered concussions and were allow to continue to work. With the health information they have on DB I don't see him ever being allowed to return to active ring duty as even if he tames his style it's still a sport where it's easy to receive a concussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back