Daniel Bryan Released *GIVE OPINIONS*

Dude, it is on the news site. It's confirmed that it isn't a work. Eat crow man...I'm as sad as most, but it's legit. I'm sure he'll be hired back soon enough...but it's not an angle. Why would he be the only rookie "fired" for the attack on Cena and Raw. He messed up, end of story. The outcry for his return will most likely get him rehired, although the little kiddies in the audience don't know what kind of talent he really is.

Where's that news at? The article is gone here: http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/

I tend to hedge my bets whenever making an assumption, but there's a lot from WWE that makes me comfortable in making that assumption. Make a moderate wager on this subject and I'll gladly accept. This is a huge work, but a good one. Unlike the scummy article on Jeff Hardy's state before Survivor Series that made the marks think Hardy would be released because of yet another drug issue, this is just a release based on his temper for being one of the leaders of the NxtWO's annihilation of the RAW broadcast crew. You notice they waited until after Smackdown (~4 days after the "choking" of Roberts) to release him? MISSSTEEERRRR Kennedy, who legitimately caused guys to get hurt during matches and had heat on him for HHH among others, was gone within 2 days of his legit minor injury in return to the ring roughly a year ago. If you're buying this angle with Danielson, there's a movie out set to your IQ you might want to see.

You got
You got
thoughts-you%20got%20served%204.jpg

I'll admit I can't guarantee to know its a work. But I will say this much.. if Bryan Danielson really was released it makes sense and will hurt the Company in a small amount.

On one hand, Bryan Danielson should NOT be viewed as the main source of the NXT invasion. He wasn't even viewed (on Raw) as the guy who put it all together. Wade Barrett was. Danielson is the most "known" guy, and thats another reason why it makes sense to cut him - because the storyline isn't about him, its about all of them, and Danielson is taking too much spotlight.

On the other hand, it'll come back to bite WWE in the ass, if Danielson signs with TNA and becomes something big. And he has all the potential and ability to be every bit of something big, anywhere. Even actual WWE talent was saying this of the man.

SO, in conclusion - work or not, I'm leaning toward Danielson being broken away from the NXT invasion angle, because he was taking too much solo spotlight away from the group effort and if he's going to be with the Company, it needs to be in something that won't take away from those he's meant to work with. The Season 1 rookies need to do this without Danielson, because they are rookies - he is not.

I guess we'll find out more on Raw.

Like Jeter123 said earlier, the WWE wouldn't single out Bryan for the sake of the storyline. The rest of the NXT would be fired. This is NOT a work. It makes no sense, it does nothing to advance the storyline, and it doesn't make Bryan look any better. They posted the same "Future Endeavored" shtick on his firing that they do in every firing (post stage/wrestling name following by the real name).

It makes no sense whatsoever to use this to give the simple explanation that he's going by a different name. The Rock wasn't future endeavored when he went by Rocky Maivia. JBL didn't get future endeavored when he went by Bradshaw. Luke Gallows wasn't future endeavored when he went by Festus, and the list goes on and on.

The sad reality is that he is gone. Plain and simple.

My guess is that he's been too rough on the employees and the WWE wanted to make an example out of him and fire him before he hurt someone. That seems more logical than any storyline idea everyone seems to be throwing out. And if that's the case, the WWE was entitled to make that move and I don't think they "dropped the ball," so to speak. And for the record, I would bet he will be re-hired sooner than later...

And also for the record, the NXT Invasion angle does not need Bryan for it to succeed. They can give a simple explanation as to why he's not there and that's it; done deal.

Doubt its a story line, WWE.com posts facts, it would be nice, but doubt it, damn that sucks cause i could easily have seen Danielson as a World Champ quickly...That guy has some talent...but whatever life goes on, this is just another example of WWE not caring about us..and only doing whats best for the company...wait lol

Its also funny to note that on WWE.com they had a poll on if Danielson should receive a WWE contract...
EVERYONE voted YES....maybe this is just a way to let him have a real contract and not send him back to wherever he came from when the others go back...

i'm starting to relize that it doesn't matter if it is a work or not. If its a work, people will watch raw and the interest will be high, and if it is for real than people will still watch raw to see if he is fired and the backlash will alone make them resign danielson, THE INTEREST would be higher.

I think it's a work. This plays right into the story and the unpredictability of it. WWE will wheel this out on Monday and claim this is what happens when you mess with them only to add fuel to the fire and cause a major backlash from the NXT rookies as Danielson makes his return to re-join the NXT guys. If it isn't a work then it's foolish. He was involved in the big storyline of NXT season one and the fans loved it. I think it's a work though and I'll be interested to see where this goes from here.

Uhh...go to the frontpage of WWE.com and click on the tab "WWE News" and it's the first article listed...it's not a work. I guess some people are just ignorant...

That makes it as legit as all the other kayfabe news articles mentioned in my first post. This is a great work because 2/3 of the alleged smarks buy it. Why the hell would WWE wait 4 days to "fire" a wrestler for chocking a non-wrestler? Benoit was all but removed from wwe.com within 12 hours of his infractions becoming public. Why would WWE "fire" a wrestler whose entire character over the past month is basic acknowledgment of the IWC and is the most over among the IWC unless it is a work?

I'm a Vegas/Tjuana regular from SoCal and am taking odds. The House always wins!

Work -260
Legit +200

Good riddance i say, lol Wade Barret was the clear star in that group
Bryan proved nothing and he wasn't ready to be on a WWE stage. I however wouldn't be suprised if it wasn't another work

as for what happened, it doesn't take a genius to see that Roberts was struggling to breathe and wasn't "selling" the move.
FFS he's not in ring talent, there's no reason to go to that extreme on the out of ring staff who aren't even trained to take it. Would be different if it was Jerry Lawler or SGT Slaughter etc.

Doesn't take much effort to make it look like you are really sinking it in without actually hurting anyone.

This is great! First the NXTWO attack generates a huge disscussion know 1 (Hopefully a work) Post on WWE.com makes us all talk again in another huge disscussion. If this is a work kodus WWE for making the fans guess and drawing us to talk about your product. I'm loving this whole angle!

I could easily see this as him coming back repackaged as Bryan Danielson instead of Daniel Bryan. If they really released him, WWE must really be a shitty corporation, and TNA better pick him up NOW!

Good riddance i say, lol Wade Barret was the clear star in that group
Bryan proved nothing, and is obviously dangerous to work with atleast in this case.

as for what happened, it doesn't take a genius to see that Roberts was struggling to breathe and wasn't "selling" the move.

FFS he's not in ring talent, there's no reason to go to that extreme on the out of ring staff who aren't even trained to take it. Would be different if it was Jerry Lawler or SGT Slaughter etc.

Doesn't take much effort to make it look like you are really sinking it in without actually hurting anyone.

Go back to the minor leagues and learn to protect others.

Woah dude you actually think that was all real. Lol it was all kayfabe none of it was real I don't know what you are on about.

Now this could easily be a work or real. If it is real I would be dissapointed as he was one of the only real talents in the wwe. And if it is real this was a big mistake by wwe. The only reason I think this would happen is if he "ticked" off a big superstar, however he's been in the business a while I think he wouldn't do something like this.

On the other hand if it is a work then well played WWE, this is going to bring in some big viewings on raw as people will be checking if he is actually gone. Good game WWE. However overall I am surprised they posted if it was kayfabe on the website. Why doesn't it say that for the other rookies?

It's fake,because in not fake wwe page:wwecorporate.com there is no page about bryan danielson firing.But about carlito it is

This is pretty crazy... I mean, there are a few possibilities for what's going on, both on the work side and the shoot side. I mean, Vince could be doing this to really mess with the heads of the IWC for the NXT Invasion angle. After all, this thread is getting nearly as much action as the NXT thread... Firing Danielson in a very convincing work would be a genius move on Vince's part, so that's an interesting thought.

On the shoot side of things, it's more likely he decided to step back rather than anything else. The guy is not stupid enough to piss off Orton or Cena, surely. He knows how to play the politics, that's why he went down to FCW after being signed to WWE.

I dunno, if this is a work, then it's certainly doing it's job to create a buzz about the situation. If it's real... Then Vince will have a few very pissed off fans on his hands. But either way, it'll give Raw a tiny ratings boost.

Lets be honest, WWE hasnt been this intrincate or subtle with their storylines.

Usually you can see a wwe's work from miles away, this is not the case. But if indeed this ends up being a work, kudos to wwe because they are raising the bar on how the stories are handle from now on.

This add a lot of deep and realism to the actual angle (as most said, one of the best in the last years).

Word has been sent out within WWE that the release of Daniel Bryan is legit.
Higher-ups, including execs Donna Goldsmith and Michelle Wilson, in the company were informed of his departure before the news item was posted on WWE’s website tonight.
It’s still possible that this is all a part of WWE “going out of the norm” and it’s a big storyline but it’s hard to believe that they would work the storyline on higher-ups in the company. and it would be the first time WWE used WWE.com for a work but ITS being said the reason that Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson) was fired for choking ring announcer Justin Roberts with his own tie during the NXT invasion angle on RAW this past Monday.
The shot was edited from replays of the angle and was described as being too violent for what WWE allows on it’s programming. SOURCE cramthis.com
now if thats the reason he was thats BULLSHIT

According to lordsofpain.net who credited The wrestling observer, the release is legit. He was fired because he choked Justin Roberts with his own tie and it was too violent for WWE tv. He went to far in the angle and screwed so the WWE had to set an example and fire him. The same way the WWE did with Kennedy when he screwed up in his match with Orton. Bryan is a vet, but not a WWE vet so he was on a short leash and now he is gone. He might be back in a few months as the WWE is big on second chances, but for now he is gone.

It's not just being reported on WWE.com, it's also being reported on places like Meltzer's site, and PWInsider, PWTorch, etc.

Meltzer is speculating that it has something to do with Linda's political campaign, and wanting to be as strict/non-offending as possible while Linda is running. I hope it all ends up being a work, but it's bearing a lot of earmarks of being legit.\

EDIT: Lords of Pain is also reporting tha somebody with a lot of power complained about it, and that the E likes Bryan and wants to bring him back when it blows over.

Utter shite! If he has gone, then that's it, I'm officially washing my hands of WWE. Just when I thought they were on the verge of a breakthrough, they do this. You can watch your Cena's, your HHH's & your Great Khali's, I don't wanna see Evan Bourne & CM Punk wasted, & there's very few, if any, I'd watch it for otherwise, so if Danielson's gone, then so am I. Fuck you Vince & fuck you WWE

There's something about the "choking roberts with the tie" thing that sounds weird to me.

WWE has always be very careful about what we see onscreen, and that particular scene with danielson choking roberts was long enough to be something that WWE didnt want us to see it.

I remember a couple of stuff (most recently undertaker's pyro incident). Everytime a wrestler is busted open, they quickly change the cameras, i mean.. in order to see danielson choking roberts for about 5 sec (yes its a lot tv-wise speaking) someone has to make the call and switch cameras.

I dont see that the choking thing has something to do with it.

Funny this come up, when i seen Bryan choke out Justin Roberts, i thought it look'd like Justin didnt get much time to set up to not be chocked, and actually look'd like he was being chocked pretty bad.

However a release seems a tad on the harsh side. Looks like hes gawn, and proberly will end up in TNA. Lets hope they dont give him a crappy in ring name and keep to Bryan Danielson, although i was quite enjoying this NXT angle. Wonder were it will go from now on ....

wow... if he was fired for that angle then that is complete bullshit... his choking of justin roberts really helped sell the angle... hell he helped sell NXT... this makes number 2 for superstars w/ potential to be the future of the business (not the company, the business itself) first mohammed hassan and now daniel bryan... freakin ridiculous... WWE should not be able to ask their superstars to do something and then fire them for it... you wonder why wrestlers need a union... shit like this!

wow... if he was fired for that angle then that is complete bullshit... his choking of justin roberts really helped sell the angle... hell he helped sell NXT... this makes number 2 for superstars w/ potential to be the future of the business (not the company, the business itself) first mohammed hassan and now daniel bryan... freakin ridiculous... WWE should not be able to ask their superstars to do something and then fire them for it... you wonder why wrestlers need a union... shit like this!

i agree but Word is that someone very important complained to WWE officials about the angle with the idea that kids who were watching may think it’s fun to choke people with their ties. It’s unknown who actually complained but it had to be someone with a lot of power. Bryan is being described as a scapegoat. WWE does want to bring him back to the roster once the whole thing blows over and it being said that BRYAN is a VET but since he is not A WWE VET he was on a shorter leash than a WWE VET would be

In recent months, the WWE has shown a surprising knowledge of how to work the internet. It appeared as if the WWE knew what internet fans thought, and why they thought them, but had simply decided to ignore them until now.

Daniel Bryan being released could very well be the next stage in this. The reasoning of him doing something that isn't in fitting with "WWEPG" stinks of the WWE trolling the internet. There are also parallels to be drawn with Punk losing the belt, supposedly, because he didn't wear a suit, almost as if the WWE were parodying it.

Maybe I'm giving the E too much credit. There are hallmarks of it not being work. So, if it isn't, then I suppose this is TNA's gain.

AND I FUCKING HATE IT WHENEVER TNA GAINS ANYTHING.

Wait, PWinsider is reporting that WWE has a rule that WWE performers can't choke each other with objects?:S

I'm sure Bryan choking Roberts was scripted & part of storyline. This has been done to either bring back him as Danielson or if more NXT rookies are released you know it's kayfabe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back