Daniel Bryan Released *GIVE OPINIONS*

This is insane. Is it a work? Is it real? I have no clue, and neither do any of you.

If this is a work, we'll figure it out in the next couple of days, obviously when he shows up on Raw or whatever. And, if it's all kayfabe, they have ruined the legitimacy of releasing people on WWE.com, and I don't think they care. They like to toy with the IWC, so this shouldn't come as a shock, if it turns out to be a work.

But...I was a little shocked at how far he took it to Cena on Raw. I know, I know, it's all scripted..I get it. But, he DID spit in his face, and he DID scream "You are not better than me!" right in Cena's face. I have no way of knowing whether or not that was scripted, but that seems a little heavy for WWE now-a-days. Cena is the poster boy. It's one thing to have 8 guys whip his ass, and tear apart the arena. It's another for Danielson to go as far as he did.

I'm not saying those are reasons for a legit release. But, if he DID go "off the reservation" a little bit, and attempted to add extra drama to the whole thing, I wouldn't doubt for a second he would get canned for it. It was excessive. If everything he did to Cena was scripted, great. It was great tv. Even if it wasn't scripted, it was great tv. But IF it was NOT scripted, I could easily see WWE really firing the guy for his actions.

I think the smoke will clear tomorrow. It's just way too late at night for anything to be clear one way or the other. I'm still on the fence, because both claims of being legit and a work have good points, but the truth IMO, will be out...or atleast be more clear,in 12-24 hours from now. Crossing my fingers WWE hasn't messed up all the hope I had after RAW. :shrug:

Here's something I find slightly interesting...

The Twitter account that Danielson is using now is the re-named version of his NXT account.

However, he had his own registered Twitter account before he even had his NXT account, which was created to help get him over through the show. He even deleted his old profile.

If he has been released...wouldn't a WWE intellectual property like a Twitter account stay in control of the company? They cut off WWE Universe accounts upon release, why not company-created Twitter feeds?

Could just be grasping at straws, but the more I see, the more curious this situation gets.

So according to f4wonline.com, Bryan was released because of his choking of Justin Roberts because it was "too violent for what is allowed on WWE television."

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/13692/

I personally am believing this is legit. If it was kayfabe, it wouldn't have a WWE News article like every other release.

Also, just because he isn't kayfabe on the main roster doesn't mean anything. I've seen plenty of times the WWE announce FCW guys getting released on their site, when the person has never been on TV.

I really think this ruins the NXT angle. Danielson was probably the best worker at the moment in the group, as pretty much every other guy is still really green.

Here's something I find slightly interesting...

The Twitter account that Danielson is using now is the re-named version of his NXT account.

However, he had his own registered Twitter account before he even had his NXT account, which was created to help get him over through the show. He even deleted his old profile.

If he has been released...wouldn't a WWE intellectual property like a Twitter account stay in control of the company? They cut off WWE Universe accounts upon release, why not company-created Twitter feeds?

Could just be grasping at straws, but the more I see, the more curious this situation gets.

WWE Universe accounts are controlled entirely by the WWE because it's their own site, however, WWE has no authority over Twitter. They can't say, sue him for having tweets about storylines that he didn't delete that have already passed because it's not something they have any actual legal power in.

It's legit. He has been released for choking out Justin Roberts with his tie. The WWE didn't feel that was good for PG environment.

Daniel Bryan is very overrated. Yeah he's so good he deserves to be the Undertaker's opponent at Wrestlemania. Not a chance in hell. Wade Barrett got more of a chance than he has. Good riddance.

If that is the case for his release, that sucks...it's been said that no one around ringside knew about what was going to happen...it seems as if WWE management basically told the NXT guys to go out and raise hell - it doesn't seem as if they gave them any script or exact things to do, so he went a little too far with it, does that really warrant a release? If my boss is including me with something to get myself to the top of the company, if I'm told to jump I say how high and do what I have to do...so he was released for raising too much hell after basically giving the rookies a blank check? I hardly think that is a reason for firing someone...it seems he did what he was told but maybe took it too far.

Just changed my twitter name to Bryan Danielson. The winds of change are stirring.

That comes off of his Twitter. I suppose you could look at it either one of two ways. Either the change is that he's not going to be working for the WWE anymore and go back to ROH, or far more likely, the change is that "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson is debuting. Why else would he quote Wade Barrett? To look like a tool? I think not.

Yeah unfortunately this is looking pretty legit. I don't know why they would do this unless they just were trying to experiment using the internet. That seems to be something WWE has been fooling around with quite a bit lately like with Batista. Personally I don't see the big deal and they could of just let him off with a warning. Everyone has done and seen way worse in WWE. Even at the last house show I went to in December I saw DX doing some funny, but definitely non-pg stuff. If anything I think the Orton's punt kick beats that out and is even considered in the kayfabe world as the most extreme move.... then again I think it's been awhile since i've actually seen it delivered.

Sadly, I think this is a legitimate firing. If they were running a storyline that he got "fired for attacking Cena" or whatever else - they would put this on the front page of their site to maximize the amount of people to see it! They would probably even have quotes from people, etc. They would make it seem like a HUGE deal because the NXT attacking Cena angle is a HUGE deal! So, if this was part of an elaborate angle by WWE...why would they be silent about it and quietly mention his release?

I hope I'm wrong but as of now I don't think so. However, I do have to say all these "reasons" for the firing people have come up with are obviously bollocks. If he was fired for choking out Justin Roberts or spitting on Cena, the camera man would have turned away straight away! You're forgetting that WWE is run like a movie/tv show, they have "producers and directors" if you will that watch every little detail when a huge angle like this is happening and if something is shown that shouldn't be, said camera man would turn away immediately. The fact that they put the camera right on him being choked out tells me obviously nothing happened that wasn't supposed to.

Also, his little twitter message of wings of change stirring seems way too optimistic if he was fired for doing something on a whim. You don't get spontaneously fired from your "dream job" and then make an optimistic post about it straight away. So, going off my belief that this is indeed for real tells me that this isn't something that came as a surprise to Bryan Danielson.

However, since it is just my opinion I will say IF this is true, I am truly curious at what he did do to warrant a release because this is HUGE! Then again, wouldn't be the first time someone was a part of something huge on WWE tv only to be quietly released with no further mention on RAW or SD again.

Cryme Tyme was released for something minor like that as well. They were eventually brought back, but they weren't in a major storyline at the time like he is. So he either did something really big that's not being talked about, or it's a work.

All I can say is this better be a work or I'm going to lose all faith in WWE. I gotta say I didn't really see much of Danielson in ROH but I'd heard the name before. But when he came to WWE I could tell that he was an amazing talent and someone that WWE could really capitalize on.

The best storyline over the past few weeks has been his feud with Cole and Miz and his involvement in the N faction really exploded him as one of the most exciting superstars going round.

This is either a work or he quit himself. There's no way WWE would release him. He may have just gotten over the whole WWE way of life and wanted to go back to ROH. I just can't fathom the idea that WWE would release him.

I hope with all my heart that this is a work because Danielson could easily main event Wrestlemania in 3-5 years. He's got to be one of the best superstars in WWE and the WWE needs to make the most of it!

PLEASE VINCE! PLEASE LET THIS BE A WORK!!!

If Mr Kennedy can get released for ALMOST injuring somebody, Danielson can get fired for doing something graphic on a PG program.

For what it's worth:

Former WWE star Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson, the name we'll have to get used to calling him by again) was released today as punishment for going beyond the company's PG standards and practices during the NXT invasion angle on Monday, according to sources within the company. The belief among those I spoke to is that when Danielson choked Justin Roberts with his tie, he broke a company protocol that was put in place after the Benoit tragedy that talents were not to use ropes or objects to choke opponents.
I am told that the final decision was made earlier today and Danielson was informed shortly before the company publicly announced it. For those who are thinking this is an angle, I am told by everyone I have spoken to that it is not, although I want to point out a number of wrestlers in the company do believe it is a work.

For those who are wondering why the company is giving Danielson such a harsh punishment, well a former company executive is running for office, although how much of a cause and effect is there is anyone's guess. It's certainly a viable theory, since the company has been very gun shy about going outside of their PG rating.

There's no word as to whether Danielson was aware of the protocol at the time of the angle, although the Roberts choking was one of the elements that made the end of Raw so memorable. It's interesting to note that at least on the company's Youtube.com channel, the incident, including the choke, are still available for viewing.

The loss of Danielson will immediately change the future of the WWE NXT angle since he was considered the most versatile and well rounded performer of the group and would have been extremely important in carry the brunt of the in-ring work load.

The release of Danielson does put him in an amazing position on the independent scene. How many top flight stars get signed, leave, and get released right after laying out the WWE champion?

We'll have more on this as it develops.

pwinsider

This whole situation is very, very intriguing to say the least. At first I thought for sure it was a work, but I don't even think I'm sure anymore. One thing this story did do is get the people talking. The IWC and all of the wrestling rumour sites are going nuts over this and real or fake, Vince McMahon has everyone's attention. Even if the story gets rectified tomorrow, expect the rating for RAW to be high.

I knew him choking Roberts was way over PG. As badass as it looked and as much as it added to the angle, you saw how they edited that part out. I don't know about you guys but Roberts sold the hell out of that choke. I don't know, maybe he was really choking. :lmao: With that said, they will eventually bring him back. Just like they did with Cryme Tyme. They released him just in case those TV Nazis start causing commotion.

I think it's fake. It seems weird to me that they'd link to other pages of content about Danielson in the release note if they didn't want you to read more about him. Also, I don't know why they'd wait until the end of Friday to release him unless they wanted us to stew about it for days with no way of confirming or denying the legitimacy of the story.

I will gladly eat crow (well, not gladly, as I like Danielson as a wrestler) if I'm wrong, but the marks posting in here thinking the "release" that isn't even on the news page any more being legit make me :lmao:. It's as big a work as Jeff Hardy being "attacked" before Survivor Series 2008, Matt being fired during the Lita/Edge feud, Vince dying in the limo explosion, McIntyre being fired for attacking Matt Hardy, Undertaker being found by Kane in a comatose state (or dead), etc. All of these incidents were reported as legit on WWE.com, only to be refuted weeks later. Danielson's entire character the past month and a half on NXT/RAW has been breaking kayfabe and using his real name, attacking Cole, attacking his "mentor" and saying his mentor isn't worthy of being a pro, etc. If this is a legit firing (72 hours before the RAW in which Wade Barrett is supposed to have his greatest triumph in the WWE), then WWE has pulled the greatest BLEEP-up from the greatest shock storyline in pro wrestling history. If they're that stupid--and Vince, as stubborn as he is, knows how to work a crowd, including the IWC--then they deserve TNA ratings for this kind of move. But it won't be legit.

this doesnt make sense.
He has more popularity (and even a storyline) than any other NXT rookie :/
Hope this is really work but you never know with the WWE
sigh sigh sigh!

I will gladly eat crow (well, not gladly, as I like Danielson as a wrestler) if I'm wrong, but the marks posting in here thinking the "release" that isn't even on the news page any more being legit make me :lmao:. It's as big a work as Jeff Hardy being "attacked" before Survivor Series 2008, Matt being fired during the Lita/Edge feud, Vince dying in the limo explosion, McIntyre being fired for attacking Matt Hardy, Undertaker being found by Kane in a comatose state, etc. All of these incidents were reported as legit on WWE.com, only to be refuted weeks later. Danielson's entire character the past month and a half on NXT/RAW has been breaking kayfabe and using his real name, attacking Cole, attacking his "mentor" and saying his mentor isn't worthy of being a pro, etc. If this is a legit firing (72 hours before the RAW in which Wade Barrett is supposed to have his greatest triumph in the WWE), then WWE has pulled the greatest BLEEP-up from the greatest shock storyline in pro wrestling history. If they're that stupid--and Vince, as stubborn as he is, knows how to work a crowd, including the IWC--then they deserve TNA ratings for this kind of move. But it won't be legit.

Dude, it is on the news site. It's confirmed that it isn't a work. Eat crow man...I'm as sad as most, but it's legit. I'm sure he'll be hired back soon enough...but it's not an angle. Why would he be the only rookie "fired" for the attack on Cena and Raw. He messed up, end of story. The outcry for his return will most likely get him rehired, although the little kiddies in the audience don't know what kind of talent he really is.

This whole thing smells like a work, a very good work. I pose this question, do you really think WWE would release him just for choking Roberts with a tie? I know on the replay on NXT they cut that part out but I think it has more to do with them furthering the storyline that has already been unpredictable. No one gives WWE enough credit for how smart they really are, they are changing with the times and keeping their storylines underwraps, releasing this on their website, changing his twitter, and editing out the image they say he is being released for is all part of the story. The story based on the rookies rebelling against the WWE. They are just trying to make it look real and doing a damn fine job in doing so.

Wait, PWinsider is reporting that WWE has a rule that WWE performers can't choke each other with objects? Do I not remember Cena being chocked out with the ring ropes by Orton? Not to mention, Triple H choking people with the monitor chords? :S

This whole thing smells like a work, a very good work. I pose this question, do you really think WWE would release him just for choking Roberts with a tie? I know on the replay on NXT they cut that part out but I think it has more to do with them furthering the storyline that has already been unpredictable. No one gives WWE enough credit for how smart they really are, they are changing with the times and keeping their storylines underwraps, releasing this on their website, changing his twitter, and editing out the image they say he is being released for is all part of the story. The story based on the rookies rebelling against the WWE. They are just trying to make it look real and doing a damn fine job in doing so.

But why would Bryan only get fired and not the rest of the rookies...And how many times did Michael Cole say, "He doesn't even work here..."

It's not a work. Face it.

D: This would be pretty fu*king awful if it were legit, but I have a brilliant idea and I honestly want you people who barely know me to listen to what I have to say:

What if we all just waited for RAW this Monday to see if this firing is legit? As we all know, WWE NEVER, and I do mean NEVER, acknowledges those that have been released. Carlito hasn't been mentioned, Kennedy hasn't been mentioned, D'Angelo Burke or whatever he goes by now hasn't been mentioned.. you get my point.

If this firing is legit, Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler will make NO references to Daniel Bryan Danielson's release from the company. If they do speak about it, the firing is a work.

Kudos to WWE for making the IWC tremble behind a computer screen over the release of a man who was never technically 'under contract' with the company, this release is most certainly going to make all of us marks out there watch RAW this Monday to determine the legitimacy of this firing. If Danielson's truly gone from the company? Move on, get on with your lives. Yes, this storyline was friggin' sweet but WWE does have a tendency of pulling a WCW on us and screwing up when it matters most.

If he was truly released for choking Justin Roberts, than that's just ridiculous. I mean.. think about it, yes, WWE is PG now and doesn't want bad publicity because Linda is running for Office but this is WWE! The world is watching! Never say never, JR! BAH GAWD! Expect the unexpected.

Wait, PWinsider is reporting that WWE has a rule that WWE performers can't choke each other with objects? Do I not remember Cena being chocked out with the ring ropes by Orton? Not to mention, Triple H choking people with the monitor chords? :S

Don't forget Heath Slater in the very same segment attempting to choke out Cena with the loosened ring rope. Sure, it was a half-assed attempt, but it was there all the same. It too was edited out of the recaps. Either way, if this is legit, it's the biggest mistake WWE has made in years. Danielson is a vital part of the NXT angle, and him being gone will be a huge blow to any possible success it could continue to have moving forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back